Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

where is the one in balbriggan?

It's at milfield Tesco. Not sure of the exact spot. Update on Facebook and allows you change to balbriggan in settings on your own parcel motel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

I've been looking into the cost of sending a parcel to the Uk... anyway with An post they charge around 20 28 euro and Parcel Motel charge for the 3 sizes, 14.50, 15.50, 16.50.

Are these lads the cheapest option out there? I've looked quite a bit and it seems they are number 1. Has anyone found a cheaper way to get a parcel across the sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Yes, last few items I have 'returned' using parcel motel have been delayed a lot. One left Dublin on the 31st and hasn't been updated since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm trying to order the Hudl 2 tablet on the tesco.com website.

After putting in the postcode I get Newtownabbey but have to enter the parcel motel address manually. This is ok, i think.

But when it ask for a phone number i'm using either of these parcel motel phone numbers

08454 008 008 (GB);
    028 90 825371 (NI)

And I keep getting this error
    Tesco wrote:
    Your phone number must begin with 01, 02 or 07 and contain 10 or 11 digits including the dialling code.

Anyone got any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 redbull1985

hi,
    on amazon.co.uk no matter what line i add the PM code to my address , it never saves it.
    even in the suggested address if i choose to leave it as it is it still doesnt register when i go back and check it its always removed. which would make it an invalid parcel motel address.
    has anyone solved this issue?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Has anyone ever set up a business account with Parcel Motel, what are rates like

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Just set up an account and want to get a delivery from UK. After reading the last couple of pages it seems people are having issues - Are parcel motel still OK to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

e92335i wrote: »
    Just set up an account and want to get a delivery from UK. After reading the last couple of pages it seems people are having issues - Are parcel motel still OK to use?

I've not had any trouble with them the last few months, all working like clockwork. I use Killarney PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

e92335i wrote: »

Yes, I've had no problems with them. Be careful when ordering multiple items from Amazon - they often send items in separate parcels and Parcel Motel will charge you €3.95 per stay !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I've had no problems with incoming packages. I have found sending with PM to be slower then expected and still have one item lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Woohoooo one in celbridge now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Woohoooo one in celbridge now :)
    10z73o2.jpg

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

hi,
    on amazon.co.uk no matter what line i add the PM code to my address , it never saves it.
    even in the suggested address if i choose to leave it as it is it still doesnt register when i go back and check it its always removed. which would make it an invalid parcel motel address.
    has anyone solved this issue?
    thanks
    I have it there and saved no worrys at all.

One thing though i tried to login to my account other day and it said invalid PMID.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

jimmynokia wrote: »
    I have it there and saved no worrys at all.

One thing though i tried to login to my account other day and it said invalid PMID.

Should be able to login using your email address in place of 'Username or PMID'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

where is the one in balbriggan?
    It's at milfield Tesco. Not sure of the exact spot. Update on Facebook and allows you change to balbriggan in settings on your own parcel motel too.

It's out at the upstairs carpark. From inside the shopping centre go out the doors into the carpark, and it's on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

jimmynokia wrote: »
    I have it there and saved no worrys at all..

+1. I have saved it too without any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Hmm... just got an email that the parcel motel is being removed from my local service station and will be an in-store collection.
    This, I really believe will just slow down collecting things and really puts me off using the service. The best thing about the parcel motel is that you can pick up from it any time of the day or night, not so, when the station is only open till 11...... anyone else have this same notification regarding their local service, or is this the way they are all going?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Sounds like a tempoary thing, maybe some construction going on at service station. I doubt would suit staff in service station to hand out parcels all day

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

I always put my pm number veside my name and order all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Emailed PM re a complaint with received wrong parcel in locker, anyone know how lone they take to reply, even to acknowledge receipt of email ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

vicwatson wrote: »
    Emailed PM re a complaint with received wrong parcel in locker, anyone know how lone they take to reply, even to acknowledge receipt of email ?

found them very quick and professional to resolve any dispute, follow up with a phone call.

Isolated mistakes happen, I always judge a company on how they respond when it does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I phoned them on the one occasion, sorted in minutes.
    They came to my house to pick up the wrong package.

found them very quick and professional to resolve any dispute, follow up with a phone call.

Isolated mistakes happen, I always judge a company on how they respond when it does

As do I, 100%

Girl told me at 12.00 she'd call me back but no call. Ive emailed them all the infor I have in order to have it in writing anyway but no reply.

It's ok, I'll leave it until tomorrow before recontacting them anyway

dobsdave wrote: »
    I phoned them on the one occasion, sorted in minutes.
    They came to my house to pick up the wrong package.

And did you get your proper package? Was it found?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Have often dealt with ParcelMotel about getting spam and they've always been a pleasure to deal with.

They're up there with Amazon IMO in terms of the quality of their support

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved from Consumer Issues and merged into larger Parcel Motel thread in Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

And did you get your proper package? Was it found?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

screamer wrote: »
    Hmm... just got an email that the parcel motel is being removed from my local service station and will be an in-store collection.
    This, I really believe will just slow down collecting things and really puts me off using the service. The best thing about the parcel motel is that you can pick up from it any time of the day or night, not so, when the station is only open till 11...... anyone else have this same notification regarding their local service, or is this the way they are all going?

I agree, -my local depot in Nenagh was removed last week which is a real PITA. I feel like a child that has had his Xmas present taken away. The adjoining shop works ok but is slower as its pretty busy.
    PM are obviously on some kind of economy drive to close the less used locker units - I wish they would reconsider and just invest in more units.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

how long does the registration text take to arrive? ive about 20 hours before my one plus one invite runs out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

Ordered a One Plus one and got it delivered to the Antrim address. Despite it arriving there at 12:47PM yesterday, it only got "checked in" at 9:29AM this morning. Probably means I won't be receiving it today then. Holding out minimal hope for a weekend delivery all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement