Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Esel wrote: »
    A stay is 48 hours, so it should still be there.

Just another quick question, would you know if the charlestown parcel motel is in the shopping centre itself or is it outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I think I remember someone saying here that is is outside. Most of them are, for 24-hour access.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Thanks for the replies. I looked it up on google maps and it seems to be outside. Trying to get all my Christmas shopping done early, haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Motels fill up around this time and they dont say anything. Your best bet if you want your parcel is to pick a motel that is not as busy, usually further away :)

Yeah i normally use the Omni shopping centre and have no issues. This time i used a different one as someone was going to collect it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

mac.in wrote: »
    With my experience, they didn't deliver on Sundays. I had two parcels delivered to PM Belfast on Saturdays and PM delivered them to my locker (Cork) on next Monday. In other cases when the parcels were delivered to PM Belfast on other days (except Saturdays), PM delivered to my locker the next working day. So I believe Sundays were not working days, at least with reference to my experience. Again, it may vary with the location, PM logistic strategies, etc.

Just to add here - I had another Parcel Motel delivery today - on a Sunday. That makes 3 this year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Just to add here - I had another Parcel Motel delivery today - on a Sunday. That makes 3 this year!!

I had one checked in yesterday morning and it is still showing as being in the depot. I say it depends on what hub it goes to or else drivers work different hours in different areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

dman15333 wrote: »
    I had one checked in yesterday morning and it is still showing as being in the depot. I say it depends on what hub it goes to or else drivers work different hours in different areas.

You could be right there - For what it's worth, my local PM collection is at Tesco, Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Golfwidow wrote: »

I'm afraid. Different persons, different experiences! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Folks, just bear in mind if ordering a few items from Amazon between now and Christmas and choose free supersaver delivery to get one delivery, they are shipping items in multiple deliveries, so for example I ordered a Micro SD card and two Ipad covers, all stocked by Amazon, they sent two deliveries 1 with the covers and 1 with the micro SD card, so I'll end up paying for two parcel motel stays, think this is the case in the run up to xmas with amazon every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Folks, just bear in mind if ordering a few items from Amazon between now and Christmas and choose free supersaver delivery to get one delivery, they are shipping items in multiple deliveries, so for example I ordered a Micro SD card and two Ipad covers, all stocked by Amazon, they sent two deliveries 1 with the covers and 1 with the micro SD card, so I'll end up paying for two parcel motel stays, think this is the case in the run up to xmas with amazon every year.

This is a well documented problem. Even if you tick the 'group into as few deliveries as possible ' box, they often arrive separately.
    I once emailed Jeff Bezos ( founder of Amazon ) and get a reply back ! - although it was probably his secretary. Still, its worth complaining about it to Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd a parcel arrive in Belfast at noon on Friday.
    Looks like I missed the cutoff for it to be transferred to Dublin on Friday and it was shipped Belfast to Dublin on Saturday morning. There has been no update since. Is this normal? Was I over zealous expecting it for collection either Saturday or this morning.
    (Local parcel motel is south county Dublin.)

Sat 22 Nov 9:42 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Sat 22 Nov 9:50 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I'd a parcel arrive in Belfast at noon on Friday.
    Looks like I missed the cutoff for it to be transferred to Dublin on Friday and it was shipped Belfast to Dublin on Saturday morning. There has been no update since. Is this normal? Was I over zealous expecting it for collection either Saturday or this morning.
    (Local parcel motel is south county Dublin.)

Sat 22 Nov 9:42 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Sat 22 Nov 9:50 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel

Similar problems. Have an item that has been in transit to motel since Friday morning and another since Saturday afternoon. There should be some option to notify you that the motel is full and let you get it delivered to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Anyone having problems logging into their parcel motel account?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Has any else had an email with a customer survey request ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Discodog wrote: »
    Yup, got one today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Yeah I got the same email.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Yes, a couple of hours ago

qswdn9.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I sent a Parcel from Parcel Motel in Killarney to Parcel Motel in Blanchardstown in Dublin last Monday week the 17th Nov and I rang them today as it had been a week and they told me they hope to deliver it tonight or maybe tomorrow. I won't be sending anything to Dublin via Parcel Motel until after Christmas anyway as they said all the lockers were full due to the Christmas rush, luckily for me what I'm sending was not time sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Anyone know if they've stopped adding pics of parcels? Have one checked in now but no pic

Unregistered Users

Same here. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Had an item signed for at the depot this afternoon, according to the courier.

However there is no sign of the package on Parcel Motel site; is this normal? And when should I expect to receive the item?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Had an item signed for at the depot this afternoon, according to the courier.

However there is no sign of the package on Parcel Motel site; is this normal? And when should I expect to receive the item?

Cheers.

I've a feeling it depends on the size of the item. Small things can go into any locket, bigger items can only go into a large locker. I'd a small item posted from the UK on 24th November and it was in my locker at 19.18 on 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

has anyone ever had anything being stopped at customs?

item in question:

Johnnie Walker Black Label Premium Blended Scotch Whisky 70 cl

(available on amazon but i can't post the link because I'm a "new user")

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

sff wrote: »
    has anyone ever had anything being stopped at customs?

item in question:

Johnnie Walker Black Label Premium Blended Scotch Whisky 70 cl

(available on amazon but i can't post the link because I'm a "new user")

They don't accept anything that incurs custom fees.

Apart from that, they state in their T&Cs that you can't have alcohol sent to you via ParcelMotel

http://www.parcelmotel.com/terms.html

Items not acceptable for delivery via parcel motel

18. ALCOHOL OR TOBACCO

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

Items not acceptable for delivery via parcel motel

18. ALCOHOL OR TOBACCO

ah balls. well, thanks for reading the Ts & Cs for me!

i may just read through the rest myself...

lol. i can't even quote your html link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Anyone know if they've stopped adding pics of parcels? Have one checked in now but no pic
    joujoujou wrote: »
    Same here. :(

Only time this ever happened to it was an oversize parcel.

Unregistered Users

Oversized - once.

Lost and found - once.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

In case this hasn't been mentioned before - there's a new place to go to pick up oversize parcels at the Finglas depot.
    Instead of going into the main Nightline reception there's a dedicated Parcel Motel portacabin on the opposite side of the building. The entrance is the next one along St Margaret's Road (Streetview here https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dublin,+Ireland/@53.4000775,-6.2939328,3a,75y,203.54h,80.97t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1szHuUZ1CSYJYKYHq4a06jbQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x48670e80ea27ac2f:0xa00c7a9973171a0?hl=en)
    Parking is available as before. It seems they have a dedicated operative on duty now to dole out the packages. On my visit I only had to wait a couple of minutes, compared to 10-20 on previous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Does alcohol ever slip through the net so to speak?

I wasn't aware they didn't allow it and bought a couple bottles via amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Trond wrote: »
    Does alcohol ever slip through the net so to speak?

I wasn't aware they didn't allow it and bought a couple bottles via amazon.

I read in their T&C's somewhere that any bottles coming through the system will be treated as Christmas gifts for staff from the customer :D :pac:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement