Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I read in their T&C's somewhere that any bottles coming through the system will be treated as Christmas gifts for staff from the customer :D :pac:

Hehe they'll be delighted with me so! Bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve and a bottle of Tanqueray No. Ten Gin.

Ive one delivery awaiting collection and Ive a feeling its the gin as ive nothing else outstanding. I'll update later......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Trond wrote: »
    Hehe they'll be delighted with me so! Bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve and a bottle of Tanqueray No. Ten Gin.

Ive one delivery awaiting collection and Ive a feeling its the gin as ive nothing else outstanding. I'll update later......

Hope it all gets through for you ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Hope it all gets through for you ;)

The Gin made it down!! The standard label on the box had "alcoholic beverage" stamped on it. Maybe a change of policy or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

The Gin made it down!! The standard label on the box had "alcoholic beverage" stamped on it. Maybe a change of policy or something.
    Or maybe just PM employee forgot his glasses on that day. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Is there another type of service like PM that works from mainland Europe. Looking to get something from Germany but he will only ship to a mainland European address, not a UK or Ireland one etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Yawns wrote: »
    Is there another type of service like PM that works from mainland Europe. Looking to get something from Germany but he will only ship to a mainland European address, not a UK or Ireland one etc.

Mailboxde.com - thanks to discombobulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Parcel Motel is starting to take the piss now... same junk mail delivered twice in four days and billed for each delivery! Filled out their online contact request form asking them to ignore this type of mail but no reply... might be time to pull the plug on my account. :/

styron wrote: »
    Mailboxde.com - thanks to discombobulate.

That's perfect. Thanks.

dl wrote: »
    Parcel Motel is starting to take the piss now... same junk mail delivered twice in four days and billed for each delivery! Filled out their online contact request form asking them to ignore this type of mail but no reply... might be time to pull the plug on my account. :/

They're usually happy to refund you for junk delivered, has that changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheEnquirer18

Does Anyone know when do Parcel Motel update your PM account when they have received a parcel up in the North?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Does Anyone know when do Parcel Motel update your PM account when they have received a parcel up in the North?

AFAIK it doesn't get logged onto their system until it gets to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

Last week, I was told they were checking in stuff up until 9pm that night

Brian017 wrote: »
    Last week, I was told they were checking in stuff up until 9pm that night

Its just that I bought an Xbox One Bundle Online from Amazon and it told me that it would arrive at PM NI in Antrim today, but I see no sign of it showing up on my PM Account at parcelmotel.com!

Around Christmas last year they changed the entry point in the PM system from being scanned in at Newtonards to arrival in Dublin. Long delays and backlogs (some motels were full with excess demand) that set the tracking clock running in Belfast rather than Dublin was a highly visible rod for beating their own back in an overrun system. Not sure if it's 100% of the time now as the occasional parcel is registered in quickly in Belfast with me.

If they do scan your Xbox in Belfast it usually takes 12-18 hours to process and show up on the system from being "signed for at the front door", though it's naturally tempting to assume someone immediately pigeon-holes an individual package for Dublin delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

I just went to collect my package and there was nothing in the locker that opened. It was one of the quite little lockers though, and i don't even think my package would have fit in there. I have a feeling they gave me the wrong locker and it's lying in there. I'm going to email them.

Edit: I saw a contact request form on there contact us section when you sign into parcel motel, so I filled that in. Hopefully it's easy to resolve this.

Shane15 wrote: »
    I just went to collect my package and there was nothing in the locker that opened. It was one of the quite little lockers though, and i don't even think my package would have fit in there. I have a feeling they gave me the wrong locker and it's lying in there. I'm going to email them.

Edit: I saw a contact request form on there contact us section when you sign into parcel motel, so I filled that in. Hopefully it's easy to resolve this.

Is there not a number on the locker touch screen you can ring in the event of a problem?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

styron wrote: »
    Around Christmas last year they changed the entry point in the PM system from being scanned in at Newtonards to arrival in Dublin. Long delays and backlogs (some motels were full with excess demand) that set the tracking clock running in Belfast rather than Dublin was a highly visible rod for beating their own back in an overrun system. Not sure if it's 100% of the time now as the occasional parcel is registered in quickly in Belfast with me.

If they do scan your Xbox in Belfast it usually takes 12-18 hours to process and show up on the system from being "signed for at the front door", though it's naturally tempting to assume someone immediately pigeon-holes an individual package for Dublin delivery.
    Ok I'll take your word for it hopefully I'll get some news Tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Wife's birthday present is in standard letter. Posted from mainland uk on Monday morning.
    Any idea when I can expect to see it in my account?
    My motel is ennis, delivery address was NI. Didn't want it coming in our letterbox but getting nervous now as I have to get it by weekend.

Well certainly not 2 days later. An post will barely get you that from 1 county to another. At least 3 - 4 days. It's prob arrived in NI and will be sent down during the night. Depending on your settings they won't contact you during a set number of hours with a text or e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I regularly use parcel motel and get my items in 2 days from the uk
    I also use an post daily and all my items are delivered next day, once I am at the post office by 6pm collection it's delivered the next day
    Both services have not let me down so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Has anyone else had issues with Parcel Motel? I've used them countless times before but it seems that when they get it wrong, they get it really wrong.

An item I really needed for the weekend gone was checked in to the depot last Wednesday. I still haven't received it a week later despite their website promising delivery within 1 working day. On Monday I emailed them and they said that it would be sent down to me 'as soon as possible'.

This morning the item is showing as delivered but I didn't get it and didn't get a text either. I rang Parcel Motel and they said it's actually on the way still but can't tell me when it will arrive. They also can't provide any explanation as to what the delay is and haven't offered an apology either. I appreciate they may be busier coming up to Christmas but items which were checked in after this particular package have arrived to me without delay. It isn't a big item either, smaller than a ream of paper.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? They have been so vague any time I contact them that I think they have lost the package and are trying to stall.

Myself and most ppl I know would be a 2 day delivery if it's a different county. Next day delivery if same county. Royal Mail from mainland UK has always taken a few days to reach me as well. My point is not to be getting worried if it was sent Monday morning and not received by Wednesday morning. Should have it by end of the week.

My second Black Friday bottle of booze arrived safely on Tuesday. Delighted with xmas in mind. Saved a nice few bob in the process

My second Black Friday bottle of booze arrived safely on Tuesday. Delighted with xmas in mind. Saved a nice few bob in the process

Enjoy now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to Online Buying & Auctions and merged into the larger Parcel Motel thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Welp, I've been chasing a parcel since yesterday morning. Arrived with them on Tuesday AM
    One rep says there's no problem, another apologised and said it would arrive today.
    Got the text, drove over after work, keyed in the code and pin, door pops open.

Empty locker..........

rang the number on screen, full/out of order voicemail message.

I used the service pretty much weekly until an issue in September where my parcel took a few weeks to appear. Gave them the benefit of the doubt this time. That appears to have been a mistake on my part.

I'm so enraged, even ringing Joe Duffy doesn't seem like a bad idea at the moment.
    Amazon customer service are flawless when there's an issue, I doubt they'd be happy to learn that Parcel Motel are letting them down big time in the ROI, despite all their surveys to show how great they are at driving business to UK online retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Welp, I've been chasing a parcel since yesterday morning. Arrived with them on Tuesday AM
    One rep says there's no problem, another apologised and said it would arrive today.

Empty locker..........

I used the service pretty much weekly until an issue in September where my parcel took a few weeks to appear. Gave them the benefit of the doubt this time. That appears to have been a mistake on my part.

I'm so enraged, even ringing Joe Duffy doesn't seem like a bad idea at the moment.
    Amazon customer service are flawless when there's an issue, I doubt they'd be happy to learn that Parcel Motel are letting them down big time in the ROI, despite all their surveys to show how great they are at driving business to UK online retailers.

I had an issue with an empty locker too, I filled in the little contact us section when you sign into their website explaining the locker was empty and they've got my item, should be collecting it tomorrow. They didn't reply to my mail though, they just added a new item and said it's inTransit.

Shane15 wrote: »
    I had an issue with an empty locker too, I filled in the little contact us section when you sign into their website explaining the locker was empty and they've got my item, should be collecting it tomorrow. They didn't reply to my mail though, they just added a new item and said it's inTransit.

That has to be the pits altogether. You get the text, drive to the lockers, open the door and... Empty! :mad:

Strange how their system reports the job is done, yet when you contact them they have your package! Something awful wrong with their procedure surely? I mean, let's say the drivers scanner is fed the Info at the Depot, the van gets loaded and he heads off to stock the lockers, he proceeds to open the lockers and pop in the parcels, surely he must get to one and discovers he has nothing to put into it? What does the driver do then? Close it and fcuk off? or report it to the depot? They don't appear to be surprised when a customer contacts them and says their locker was empty? Not good at all.

Empty locker..........

wow id lose my sh it at that. ive never had one single issue since they've launched. id expect a generous response to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I had a delivery arrive around 3pm yesterday in Parcel Motel NI depot. However there is still no update on the website tracker saying that it has arrived there. The only reason I know is because of the courier tracker. Is this normal or should I be worried?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement