Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Should be fine. There are slight delays for my packages now due to the Christmas rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Does anybody know does the 100e liability cover 1 package or is it cover for a month etc, as this week alone they lost one package I sent and another the delivered to the wrong address which was an empty house so no way of getting package back

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Fairly sure the €100 standard liability applies per item sent as part of the fee - that's the sense from the T&C's:
    Our Liability howsoever arising and notwithstanding that the cause of any theft, loss or damage be explained or unexplained shall not exceed:

a) The replacement value of any goods or merchandise stolen, lost or damaged OR

b) EUR €100 (one hundred euro) whichever shall be the least

We shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be liable for indirect or consequential loss such as (but not limited to) loss of profits, loss of market or the consequences of delay or deviation however caused.

By special arrangement agreed in writing and in advance of accepting a Parcel from you we may from time to time accept liability in excess of the of the limit set out above upon you agreeing to pay additional charges for us accepting such increased liability. Details of additional services are available upon request.

Any claim by you against us arising in respect of any service provided by us shall be made in writing and notified to us within 14 (fourteen) days of the date upon which you became or should have become aware of any event or occurrence alleged to give rise to such claim. Any not made and notified as aforesaid shall be deemed to be waived and absolutely barred except where you can show that it was impossible for you to comply with this time limit. Notwithstanding the aforementioned time limit we shall in any event be discharged of all liability whatsoever howsoever arising in respect of any service provided unless a claim is brought within 6 (six) months from the date of the event or occurrence alleged to give rise to a cause of claim against us.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/liability.html

The two week cover you get for extended cover I'd assumed was an incentive to buy it for bunching valuable deliveries under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

styron wrote: »
    Fairly sure the €100 standard liability applies per item sent as part of the fee - that's the sense from the T&C's:

http://www.parcelmotel.com/liability.html

The two week cover you get for extended cover I'd assumed was an incentive to buy it for bunching valuable deliveries under it.

Thanks just as I was reading this message I got another email from a customer who has not recieved their parcel yet after 2 weeks so looks like another parcel went into the ParcelMotel/UKmail bermuda triangle.

I think I may have to take my business elsewhere I am currently sending on average 10/15 parcels per week to the UK can anyone advise who may be better then PM

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just logged on to see a delivery with status cancelled... anyone got any idea what that means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

lawred2 wrote: »
    Just logged on to see a delivery with status cancelled... anyone got any idea what that means?

happened me twice
    first time they scanned same parcel in twice and cancelled one
    second was it was loaded onto wrong delivery van somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

happened me twice
    first time they scanned same parcel in twice and cancelled one
    second was it was loaded onto wrong delivery van somehow

Oh ok... but they'll sort it out. It's not that they are returning the package to Amazon or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

lawred2 wrote: »
    Oh ok... but they'll sort it out. It's not that they are returning the package to Amazon or anything?

no you should get it tonight/ tomorrow as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 16 glitterslut

"Fri 5 Dec 10:36 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel"
    it still hasn't arrived? is there any hope for it tonight?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I've found the serive has been going steadily downhill in the last number of months. Items are being signed for one day in the depot, only appearing as checked in a couple of days later and then finally getting to the motel that night. It's not taking a week or more to get items on quick delivery from the uk.

It's back to being only of use when seller won't deliver to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

"Fri 5 Dec 10:36 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel"
    it still hasn't arrived? is there any hope for it tonight?

Same situation here. The parcel arrived with them early yesterday too, but wasn't checked in until this morning. They don't seem to deliver to my place on the weekend either where i am so i won't get it until Monday. Very annoying.

As somebody else has said, i've noticed the service getting progressively worse. Late sign ins, and long delays. The saving on having a UK delivery is really just not worth it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ordered something from amazon.de, got it shipped to parcel motel, anyone here done the same and if so roughly how long does it take???

I think we all know from last year, Parcel motel goes a bit ape sh1t this time of year. Its to be expected.

From their website:

"As soon as we receive your parcel we will put it into your chosen Parcel Motel within 1 working day."

If they can't achieve that then they should notify us that there will be delays. I'm leaving the country next week, so I now have an extra thing to worry about.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt the last few times, but after this occasion i'm not going to be using their services again, at least not until I hear that things have improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Lads need some advice.. I ordered some stuff from Marks and Spencers as presents for Christmas last week,collected it this evening. I brought it home,and the bag was ripped open at some stage during transit..A half arsed attempt by some parcel motel worker,put some 'resealed during transit' tape across where the bag would normally be sealed... Anyway one of the items I purchased is now missing out of the bag,probably before when it was taped up....should I chase up parcel motel or Marks and Spencers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

celticsfan wrote: »
    Lads need some advice.. I ordered some stuff from Marks and Spencers as presents for Christmas last week,collected it this evening. I brought it home,and the bag was ripped open at some stage during transit..A half arsed attempt by some parcel motel worker,put some 'resealed during transit' tape across where the bag would normally be sealed... Anyway one of the items I purchased is now missing out of the bag,probably before when it was taped up....should I chase up parcel motel or Marks and Spencers...
    if it was me i would contact marks and parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

celticsfan wrote: »

Both. NB Hold onto the Parcel Motel tape and all packaging. If it's their tape they haven't a leg to stand on.

Had a similar experience. Retailer (not M&S) was immediately helpful; often they'll have photographic evidence of the condition of the parcel on despatch

Parcel Motel were anything but helpful - ignoring, then delaying email response for weeks, and even trying to "close" the issue. Keep after them and eventually they'll crack though when they realise you're not giving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Both. NB Hold onto the Parcel Motel tape and all packaging. If it's their tape they haven't a leg to stand on.

Had a similar experience. Retailer (not M&S) was immediately helpful; often they'll have photographic evidence of the condition of the parcel on despatch

Parcel Motel were anything but helpful - ignoring, then delaying email response for weeks, and even trying to "close" the issue. Keep after them and eventually they'll crack though when they realise you're not giving in.

Thanks for the advice Peter!

Yea shur even on the check in photo in my Parcel Motel account,You can clearly see along the bottom,the parcel motel tape,its still on the M&S bag.. When i seen it i was wondering wtf is that on the M&S bag..

Im sure M&S will be more than helpful,while Parcel Motel on the other hand,Im not so confident about reading peoples previous experiences... These items are not liable for customs fees or anything so I dont know how they can just feel free to open peoples parcels!! :mad:

Still nothing on my parcel from Thursday. I've tried contacting them via the contact form, twitter and facebook. They've answered people on twitter who've asked questions hours after me! They seem to just be ignoring me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 phyland1000

at 11.24 this morning the parcel was checked in at newtownabbey. and at about 1.30pm it was in transit. its now 12am and it still says in transit, is this right? i know that PM sometimes deliver late, but i wouldnt have thought it would be this late. do you think i could get it today? or can it come on sundays?

at 11.24 this morning the parcel was checked in at newtownabbey. and at about 1.30pm it was in transit. its now 12am and it still says in transit, is this right? i know that PM sometimes deliver late, but i wouldnt have thought it would be this late. do you think i could get it today? or can it come on sundays?

There seems to be huge delays unfortunately, 3 days and counting for me anyway. So i wouldn't expect it until next week. You might get lucky with your PM location though

• Advertisement

Eoin247 wrote: »
    There seems to be huge delays unfortunately, 3 days and counting for me anyway. So i wouldn't expect it until next week. You might get lucky with your PM location though

so even though its telling me its in transit it might not come? Seems a bit odd. I guess ill jist have to wait and see!

Yes the best thing to do to customers rather than tell them their stuff is going to be late, is to LET THEM THINK IT WILL ARRIVE. That wont annoy them at all.
    Dont tell them motels get backlogged to bits this time of year and dont tell them it will be late. Pretend nothing different is happening and it will all be grand.

They have stuff "in transit" and "cancelled" and "in transit" again all the time at this time of year.

Its so darn annoying! Cancelled plans because i thought it would be arriving today. And i had used PM a couple times before, parcels arrived late but still on time so i thought it could be later due to xmas and all.. but no. Looks like im still waiting! Thanks parcel motel..

Yes the best thing to do to customers rather than tell them their stuff is going to be late, is to LET THEM THINK IT WILL ARRIVE. That wont annoy them at all.
    Dont tell them motels get backlogged to bits this time of year and dont tell them it will be late. Pretend nothing different is happening and it will all be grand.

They have stuff "in transit" and "cancelled" and "in transit" again all the time at this time of year.

Yeah it's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know whether it's plain greediness or abysmal management on their part.

I wish they would at least give the option to collect from a depot if they can't deliver on time. If it takes much longer i'm going to have to try and get somebody to collect it for me next week while i'm away. Which also means i won't be seeing this package until the new year...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

In the same position with 2 packages 'In Transit' since Friday lunch time, anyone know if they deliver on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

They delivered a package for me last Sunday but they dont normally so Im assuming its because of the Christmas rush..

They did the same to me a couple of weeks ago, I had a parcel checked in the Thurday and it wasnt placed in the motel until the following Wednesday! I had paid for next day special delivery as I really needed it in a hurry, and there wasnt even an option to collect from Finglas,it was just stuck in limbo with them for almost a week..I complained and was promised a free stay, which I never recieved.

This time,I had two parcels checked in with them Friday morning. (Just gone) One was put in the motel Friday evening but the other is still in transit. This means Ill have to take a trip up there today before this one expires, and another when the second parcel is finally checked in. My nearest motel is an hour away from me, so to say I'm p*ssed is an understatement. Unless I really need something thats UK only delivery Im not going to use them anymore. If they had common courtesy to let me know about a delay fine, but my emails get ignored :mad:

so do you think theres still a chance i could receive my parcel today? it has been in transit since about 1pm yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can someone who's used PM with Amazon help me out.

I'm trying to order some perfume for a gift but Amazon won't deliver it to Ireland. I tried using the PM address and getting it sent there but they still won't post it.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

so do you think theres still a chance i could receive my parcel today? it has been in transit since about 1pm yesterday..

Possibly..mine was put in the motel at 4:30 last Sunday :D

i really hope it does!! i need it as im going away tomorrow evening so if they dont have it delivered by today or early tomorrow ill be pissed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Any help?

They do not ship perfume to NI AFAIK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement