Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

moonboy52 wrote: »
    They do not ship perfume to NI AFAIK

Boo-urns

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Rosedust84 wrote: »
    Possibly..mine was put in the motel at 4:30 last Sunday :D

Where abouts was this motel? They have never delivered on a Sunday for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Where abouts was this motel? They have never delivered on a Sunday for me anyway.

Airside..Ive never had a Sunday delivery either this was the first, I just put it down to how busy they are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I ordered something through PM just to see how long it'll take. I'm a long way down the country, so I doubt the motel will be too busy, and in any case it's only a mug for myself, so a delay wouldn't be a big deal

Am I a sadist? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Virtanen wrote: »
    I ordered something through PM just to see how long it'll take. I'm a long way down the country, so I doubt the motel will be too busy, and in any case it's only a mug for myself, so a delay wouldn't be a big deal

Am I a sadist? :D

No, I use the Killarney motel and haven't experienced any delays, don't think they're anywhere near as busy as the ones in the Dublin area/more populated areas. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I think my delay is partially to with the fact that my usual PM (Kilmac) is unavailable due to the garage going through a refurb, so they're sending everything to Centra (Boghall) which is effectively doubling up.
    Would be great if they opened one between closer to Wicklow, the new Apple Green would be ideal.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I think my delay is partially to with the fact that my usual PM (Kilmac) is unavailable due to the garage going through a refurb, so they're sending everything to Centra (Boghall) which is effectively doubling up.
    Would be great if they opened one between closer to Wicklow, the new Apple Green would be ideal.

:D Came this evening as I happened to be 5mins away from the PM - happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 12 phyland1000

What time did it come at? Im in dublin still waiting for my parcel since saturday morning. Fingers crossed it comes today! Or at least tomorrow morning.

What time did it come at? Im in dublin still waiting for my parcel since saturday morning. Fingers crossed it comes today! Or at least tomorrow morning.

Out of curiosity, what size is your parcel? I think the large parcels are having the most delays in Dublin.I've had a large parcel stuck with PM since Thursday.

Im not sure of the exact dimensions, but it was a small enough clock-radio. nothing that wouldn't fit in any of the PM lockers.. I really hope it comes today!!

• Advertisement

Mine was 1 x Large and 1 x Medium - arrived at 7:24pm

Mine shouldn't be too big. and considering its said 'in transit to motel' for the past like 30hrs id like to think it would come today.. fingers crossed!

Im not sure of the exact dimensions, but it was a small enough clock-radio. nothing that wouldn't fit in any of the PM lockers.. I really hope it comes today!!

Yours probably won't take as long as mine is then if it's that small. However PM are really keeping their lips sealed with regards to the delays and the amount of packages they are getting, so it's anybodies guess at this stage.

During Christmas time they should change their slogan to be "Let your parcel AND you do the waiting!" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

Mine has been 'in transit' for the past 3 days. was told by Parcel Motel via facebook that it would be delivered yesterday, Sunday.
    No sign of it, its still in transit.

These delays are going to get worse on the lead up to Xmas. very bad planning on Parcel Motels behalf, they should have more 'Motels' in place.

Day number 5 and still nothing. They're not even replying to my messages. What an absolute joke...

Day number 5 and still nothing. They're not even replying to my messages. What an absolute joke...

Bombard them with messages on Twitter until they reply. Or have you tried the live chat on their website?

Toxica wrote: »
    Bombard them with messages on Twitter until they reply. Or have you tried the live chat on their website?

I contacted them via facebook, twitter and their contact form. They eventually tweeted me asking me to private message them. I did that 3 hours ago now and still no answer.

I'll try the live chat now though, see if it works

I contacted them via facebook, twitter and their contact form. They eventually tweeted me asking me to private message them. I did that 3 hours ago now and still no answer.

I'll try the live chat now though, see if it works

Update for my above post:

I found the live chat box on their contact page, but it says it's offline. It looks as though they've pulled their support staff completely

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

I found the live chat box on their contact page, but it says it's offline. It looks as though they've pulled their support staff completely

Try giving them a phone call

Phone

Regular phone: 01 8835442

LoCall: 1890 24 17 17

Says they're online for me. Though I have to log out to get the live chat to show up :confused:

• Advertisement

Says they're online for me. Though I have to log out to get the live chat to show up :confused:

It says online now, but i'm in a queue apparently. Have to just wait and see.

The support staff don't even have proper a proper communication channel with the people handling the packages.

Here's the response i just got on the online chat:
    Just bear with me one moment and I'll have a look into this for you.
    I see a query has gone out on this, sorry there was no response to you on the social media channels. The warehouse have been informed that you are looking for this and we are waiting back to hear from the operations manager.

In other words we don't have a clue what's up with your package and don't know when we'll have a clue about it.
    The query that "has gone out" was 7 hours ago. The operations manager hasn't responded to the support staff in 7 hours...

The support staff don't even have proper a proper communication channel with the people handling the packages.

Here's the response i just got on the online chat:

In other words we don't have a clue what's up with your package and don't know when we'll have a clue about it.
    The query that "has gone out" was 7 hours ago. The operations manager hasn't responded to the support staff in 7 hours...

God, they are useless! Ringing them might be an option but probably pointless. I wonder how many packages they are losing at this stage. I usually contact them via Twitter as that gets the fastest response but I can see they're not that active on there at the moment.
    Hope you get it sorted, keep on to the them even if it's just a couple of messages a day, they'll soon get sick of hearing from you that they will sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Just popped on here to see what story is with my package. Delivered to parcel motel Sunday before 9am and still no update on my parcel motel account. Their website says 12 hours so I thought I'd see of anyone else was having problems.

From reading the last page of comments I can tell I'll probably be left waiting for a while! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Had a parcel just delivered to them around 10am in Newtown Abbey today, so will see how long it takes. I never get any updates in PM until the thing is in my locker usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Yawns wrote: »
    I never get any updates in PM until the thing is in my locker usually.

Grand! First time using the service so hopefully I'm not waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Well, that same parcel that wasn't in the locker the first time, (it ended up being empty), was in a locker this time, but a locker that was too small for the package. The guy must have forced it in there, because in order to get it out I had to rip a part of the package and force it to come out. Not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

My parcel delivered to PM Antrim last Saturday morning. Nothing since.

I just hope there's not a huge pile of parcels in a heap in Finglas or Antrim getting damaged....

God, they are useless! Ringing them might be an option but probably pointless. I wonder how many packages they are losing at this stage. I usually contact them via Twitter as that gets the fastest response but I can see they're not that active on there at the moment.
    Hope you get it sorted, keep on to the them even if it's just a couple of messages a day, they'll soon get sick of hearing from you that they will sort it out!

The package finally arrived before they got back to me. Hallelujah, will not be using parcel motel again until things improve there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

The parcel that arrived to them this morning has been updated on their site as being checked in. About 9 hours after they received it. Normal so far it seems. Now to see how long it takes them to move it down south

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement