Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

More issues for me with PM this time I stored a parcel to go close door and confirmed it, came home and noticed on their system that it was still only showing up as created and not stored, afraid this is the last straw for me so I won't be using them to ship stuff out any longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I have been having a lovely time of it from this bunch of cowboys too.

They charged me €14 for an oversized parcel that was supposed to be €7 on their calculator.And 10 days,7 emails and 3 phone calls later still no resolution,they keep fobbing me off and ignoring my emails.
    Worst customer service i have ever encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Good news for me!

My parcel arrived in Antrim Saturday morning last, and was delivered last night to my local motel, in Dublin.

So overall it took a day longer than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Louthlass23

First time using PM. Touch Screen is blank and no red light to read barcode. When i touch screen nothing happens. Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So it seems I'm not the only waiting on a parcel for longer than expected. They've my parcel since Saturday and still no sign of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Just in case others are interested in changing for the Christmas period. Used Parcel Connect a few times including today. Arrived in Belfast yesterday 4pm and just picked it up in Dublin. Doesn't seem to have any delays, probably as its not as popular service. Added benefit there aren't lockers so they can't be full!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I notice they have now updated their site about delivery times....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xanrdj7s0lvijsj/Screenshot_2014-12-09-10-55-09_1.jpg?dl=0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah they just changed that within the last couple of hours.
    If your Parcel is 'InTransit', please allow up to 48 hours to receive your PIN during the month of December.

So mine is checked in up North, but not in Transit. So prob looking at 3 days before it comes down. Oh well I can wait. At least they are putting a notice up about it now, which is what some people wanted them to do at least. Maybe next year it will say Late November & December :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Yeah its pretty annoying that there are delays. I have had several parcels in the depot for 3+ working days. Very annoying.

Bit pissed off with Amazon, I ordered 10 items from Amazon Prime, consolidated shipping / least amount of packages possible and they broke the delivery into 5 parts. 5 parcel motel fees. Very irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

Mine was checked into Antrim last Tuesday at 2:55pm....still no sign of it after 7 days in transit. Very poor. Have barely used them since the price increase, and will cut my usage even further now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

seems to be all negative opinions here for parcel motel
    i had 2 deliveries go through last week, no delays

No delays on my end. Item arrived with them yesterday and has said checked in all day today, so I assumed it would be delayed. That's just been changed to in my local locker and got a text and email. So still quick deliveries for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Yawns wrote: »
    No delays on my end. Item arrived with them yesterday and has said checked in all day today, so I assumed it would be delayed. That's just been changed to in my local locker and got a text and email. So still quick deliveries for me.

Where abouts are you located Yawns (if you don't mind me asking)

I had a packaged delivered to them yesterday at 11am. It showed up at 6:30pm as checkedin.

Nothing since. I spoke to customer service and they don't expect it to be there until tomorrow.

I only sent it to parcel motel because I thought it would be quicker. Whats worse is they don't even allow you to pick them up instead (unless it's an oversized parcel)

The person I spoke to did mentioned that the machines are very busy. I got to thinking, I wonder if they are reserving any slots for people shipping with the lockers.

They really have done a 180 on their own slogan.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Just in case others are interested in changing for the Christmas period. Used Parcel Connect a few times including today. Arrived in Belfast yesterday 4pm and just picked it up in Dublin. Doesn't seem to have any delays, probably as its not as popular service. Added benefit there aren't lockers so they can't be full!

I was just having a look at Parcel Connect as it would be easier for me as my nearest PM is 35 miles away whereas PC have a location only 2.5 miles away, I would pay an extra 55c to not have to travel so far! However I am confused, there seems to be nothing about payment in their FAQ's, how do they take payment if you are getting something delivered to their virtual address?

Thor I'm in Athy. Even using it for Citywest by Brown's Barn, I didn't have delays but I rarely use that one. So it's just gotta be down to full lockers at people's area's I'm guessing. You can leave an item in a locker for what, 48 hours. They'll only do probably 2 runs at most to a locker a day, if even 2. Would be great if they had more lockers, but demand during the year probably just doesn't justify it.

Or I could just be lucky.

They signed for mine at 10am yesterday and it's in the locker at about 4:30 today. But people are experiencing delays of a few days. It could be that a lot of the Dublin lockers are full and so there's a backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Toxica wrote: »
    I was just having a look at Parcel Connect as it would be easier for me as my nearest PM is 35 miles away whereas PC have a location only 2.5 miles away, I would pay an extra 55c to not have to travel so far! However I am confused, there seems to be nothing about payment in their FAQ's, how do they take payment if you are getting something delivered to their virtual address?
    You pay for it at the shop where you pick it up

Virtanen wrote: »
    You pay for it at the shop where you pick it up

Thanks! :)

I now have another package that was checked in today. I wonder how long that one will take.

I did a little test there, but not sure how conclusive it is.

Basically, I clicked the options to send a package to another user with parcel motel. I didn't go as far as pay, but it didn't prompt me with any issues with the motel being full or anything - Which I would assume it would do to prevent someone from trying to store the package and only be met with 'sorry, we're full up now, come back later'. I was on the last step with (clicking the button would charge me)

So, not 100-percent, but it doesn't look like the locker I use is actually completely (tried both medium and large), and possibly some slots are reserved for people shipping packages. Understandable to an extent, but this this backlog already, and some people waiting days. parcel motel aren't doing enough to compete with parcel connect. Which, even allows to pay in cash on arrival. Wish, I used them instead now.

I wouldn't have had a problem collecting the packages from finglas, but sadly, I'm not allow. Shocking to be waiting 48 hours for a package that's already in Dublin. My latest package from the UK only left yesterday, and took less than 24 hours to get to NI, but I'm going to have to wait days for it to get the rest of the way. Madness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Infuriating to have 3 packages in the depot for 3 days and a 4th one gets sent out before the others!

Annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'm also waiting on a number of packages 4 actually thanks Amazon even when i stated group into as few deliveries as possible, anyway they all arrived in the North yesterday, normally I would have them by now in Navan, but will wait and see how long it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thewintermute View Post
    Welp, I've been chasing a parcel since yesterday morning. Arrived with them on Tuesday AM
    One rep says there's no problem, another apologised and said it would arrive today.
    Got the text, drove over after work, keyed in the code and pin, door pops open.

Empty locker..........

rang the number on screen, full/out of order voicemail message.

I used the service pretty much weekly until an issue in September where my parcel took a few weeks to appear. Gave them the benefit of the doubt this time. That appears to have been a mistake on my part.

I'm so enraged, even ringing Joe Duffy doesn't seem like a bad idea at the moment.
    Amazon customer service are flawless when there's an issue, I doubt they'd be happy to learn that Parcel Motel are letting them down big time in the ROI, despite all their surveys to show how great they are at driving business to UK online retailers.

wow id lose my sh it at that. ive never had one single issue since they've launched. id expect a generous response to be honest.

Welp it finally arrived last night, a full seven days after landing in the NI depot.
    To look at it, you'd think they've spent the last seven days kicking the box down the M1. I was promised Monday delivery, promised driver would ring when on the way.
    Neither happened.

Parcel Motel said on Friday the box was oversized, so courier delivery or collect in Jamestown Rd, Finglas. This is after I've been to collect it at the motel based on the text and email they sent me and three days after they received it. (And after their NI staff have passed it through a size template)
    I couldn't get to Dublin before 2pm on Saturday, so they offered to courier it out on Monday at their cost (which was fair enough).
    On Monday I got a voicemail and email to say it will then be Tuesday, having arranged for someone to be home all morning. No explanation.
    Tuesday, another voicemail and email to say definitely on the way around 5pm, driver will ring to confirm 30 minutes out.
    No phone call, box delivered in tatters around 6pm.

I fully understand the time of year being busy, but if Parcel Motel systems can't handle volume, they should keep customers informed and make good on their promises.

A week waiting and wondering if your Santa present for the child has been lost or stolen is no fun.
    Time wasted trying to collect from an empty locker, contacting customer support and waiting for a courier that isn't coming on the day you were promised is unnecessary and upsetting.
    Seeing the physical condition your box has been left in after a week in the care of Parcel Motel?

Priceless.

I normally don't judge a company on their mistakes, but on how they deal with them, that's only fair. Parcel Motel have dropped the ball at every available opportunity here though.

Apologies for the wall of text.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

my first experience was pretty good.

arrived in NI on the friday it was meant to

was delivered to dublin and i got the code on Sunday evening at 9pm

picked it up at 6 on Monday

arrived on 5th, notification on 7th, picked up on 8th

new parcel motel station though so i assume it's not many people's default yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Just hope you don't get a damaged item, I'm 1 month on, numerous calls, 50 odd emails later and still being told my claim is being processed and I will receive a cheque in the post:eek: Also just to warn people the maximum claim amount is €100

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thor wrote: »
    I did a little test there, but not sure how conclusive it is.

Basically, I clicked the options to send a package to another user with parcel motel. I didn't go as far as pay, but it didn't prompt me with any issues with the motel being full or anything
    Good test. I wish they could just openly show how popular they are, I imagine its all fully automated and live so they could tell you how many are empty each day so you get a rough idea which are popular, maybe have history showing. I now have a choice of about 4 that are local enough. It would be in their interest too, as if the one I picked is busy they should want be aware of other less popular ones.

I have one "in transit" since yesterday coming to a relatively new PM location
    Also just to warn people the maximum claim amount is €100
    You can pay to increase the claim amount, possibly worth doing if you are getting a high value item.
    It says €500 is €3.50 for 14 days, €7 for 1000, €10.50 for 1500. No T&cs that I can see, maybe they appear if you pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

They must be up the walls I had one package from amazon delivered today and it was stored in the largest locker even though box was tiny

campo wrote: »
    They must be up the walls I had one package from amazon delivered today and it was stored in the largest locker even though box was tiny

Nice to know they will use any available. Still doesn't excuse the lack of any real updates on the delays.

They could easily be allowing users to have their packages collected should they choose to avoid the undisclosed wait times. They could even be offering people the option to have them courier to their house.

I live about 5 minutes walk from the locker itself, but still waiting since Monday morning for my first package and since Tuesday for the second.

Their are at least 20 lockers around dublin. I have no problem picking it up from anyone of them.

Last time I user their service. Parcel Connect is the the way forward for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

They could easily be allowing users to have their packages collected should they choose to avoid the undisclosed wait times. They could even be offering people the option to have them courier to their house.

Good suggestion but to get the logistics in place to make that work would be difficult.

Good suggestion but to get the logistics in place to make that work would be difficult.

Since they already have that system in place for oversized parcel, it can't be that difficult for them to just class it it oversized.

Distance selling online gives you a certain amount of time to ship items back if their unwanted. This starts counting from the day Parcel Motel get the package. So them taking longer may end up costing people a lot more than time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Since they already have that system in place for oversized parcel, it can't be that difficult for them to just class it it oversized.

Thats something i didn't think of and very true.
    Distance selling online gives you a certain amount of time to ship items back if their unwanted. This starts counting from the day Parcel Motel get the package. So them taking longer may end up costing people a lot more than time.

Every extra day delay is eating out of the time for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement