Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Parcel Motel ‏@ParcelMotel
    30 non Dublin / Leinster locations coming in Oct / Nov. Galway will be one of them. Follow TW and Like us on FB for news Thanks!
    I hope Waterford is on that list
    Parcel Motel ‏@ParcelMotel
    @Luckycharms. yes Waterford, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Sligo will be in that phase for definite. We are scouting possible locations now

Got a reply on twitter about the locations. Excellent for us non Dubs :D.
    Keep up the good work Orla and the rest of the PM crew.
    Now where do I get my free mug :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

eye lucky charms,i was in there before you regarding the mugs,and while im at it,if you look at nighlines website,they have arms that stretch all over the country,so why not put the lockers,in the bases in the country,for the time being,that why our country counterparts,are all kept happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

eye lucky charms,i was in there before you regarding the mugs,and while im at it,if you look at nighlines website,they have arms that stretch all over the country,so why not put the lockers,in the bases in the country,for the time being,that why our country counterparts,are all kept happy.

haha. :)
    They told me last time that it makes more sense to put the lockers wherever the night line depots are. In the initial stages I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Anyone know what happens if a parcel arrives with your PMID on it and you don't have sufficient credit in your account? Say you have enough for 1 parcel and a delivery is split into 2 parcels by the seller but you were not aware this might happen, Amazon have a habit of doing this. Do PM still deliver the parcel to your selected motel and text you that you need to add credit to your account or do they refuse delivery and return the parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

I have a few questions, i did try look over the other pages but as there are 37 its easy to miss something,

1. does anyone know will amazon warehouse (which does not ship to IRL) send to there UK address for free, and then we can just pay the 3.50e etc.

2. can one use amazon prime to ones own address on amazon and still set up this UK address for other 3rd place sellers as well! i dont have prime but have been looking in to getting it you see! (as i type this maybe one can just use 2 amazon accounts! i dont know if this is passable) any ideas?

3. if anyone has been using this with amazon and has some feelings on it to share that would be great as well (tips - any problems etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

quenching wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens if a parcel arrives with your PMID on it and you don't have sufficient credit in your account? Say you have enough for 1 parcel and a delivery is split into 2 parcels by the seller but you were not aware this might happen, Amazon have a habit of doing this. Do PM still deliver the parcel to your selected motel and text you that you need to add credit to your account or do they refuse delivery and return the parcel?

Surely if you simply add credit now, the problem doesn't arise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

quenching wrote: »

happened to me - you just get an email saying you didn't have enough credit... I topped up and my parcel was delivered the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

jameshayes wrote: »
    happened to me - you just get an email saying you didn't have enough credit... I topped up and my parcel was delivered the next day

Thanks for that, seems the sensible approach. In the past Amazon have shipped a single order with multiple items from 3 different countries, on different days, and obviously in different boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Whitehawk wrote: »
    I have a few questions, i did try look over the other pages but as there are 37 its easy to miss something,

1. does anyone know will amazon warehouse (which does not ship to IRL) send to there UK address for free, and then we can just pay the 3.50e etc.

2. can one use amazon prime to ones own address on amazon and still set up this UK address for other 3rd place sellers as well! i dont have prime but have been looking in to getting it you see! (as i type this maybe one can just use 2 amazon accounts! i dont know if this is passable) any ideas?

3. if anyone has been using this with amazon and has some feelings on it to share that would be great as well (tips - any problems etc)

Yeah that's pretty much how it works, I've already had eletronics delivered that they wouldn't normally ship to Ireland including a HP server.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

I've had my first GOTCHA with this type of service today. No fault of ParceMotel, just something for people to be aware of.

A company I ordered from last week sent out a catalog and invoice separately. So that's €7 to receive a couple of letters :) Luckily I got free postage on a fairly big UK order so it was still cheaper than posting direct to my home address.

Not junk mail as such, their system automatically spits out a catalog to new customer addresses.

So, remember to tick the "Do not contact me" or equivalent option when setting up your PM address on sites.
    I've also started emailing the sites, asking them to contact me before sending the order in more than one package.

F.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

fiacha wrote: »
    I've had my first GOTCHA with this type of service today. No fault of ParceMotel, just something for people to be aware of.

A company I ordered from last week sent out a catalog and invoice separately. So that's €7 to receive a couple of letters :) Luckily I got free postage on a fairly big UK order so it was still cheaper than posting direct to my home address.

Not junk mail as such, their system automatically spits out a catalog to new customer addresses.

So, remember to tick the "Do not contact me" or equivalent option when setting up your PM address on sites.
    I've also started emailing the sites, asking them to contact me before sending the order in more than one package.

F.

Ouch that is something to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Another happy customer here! Ordered a replacement laptop battery from ebay and had it shipped to the NI address for free shipping.

Text received this morning with my pin and just picked up from the box 10 mins ago!

Great service and will definitely be using them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just used Parcel motel for my MandMdirect order,I used the English site and paid in pounds,English site had buy 2 for £14 where as the Irish site didn't .

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Another happy customer here! Ordered a replacement laptop battery from ebay and had it shipped to the NI address for free shipping.

Text received this morning with my pin and just picked up from the box 10 mins ago!

Great service and will definitely be using them again!

Excellent idea, thats gonna be my first PM delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭green123

Just used Parcel motel for my MandMdirect order,I used the English site and paid in pounds,English site had buy 2 for £14 where as the Irish site didn't .

i didnt think it was possible to order from mandm via parcel motel.

the last time i checked mandm the credit card address had to be the same as the delivery address.

how did you get around this problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Does anyone know if Parcel Motel will deal with parcels that have to be signed for on delivery? Ordering clothes from the UK and they said it needs to be signed for.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Ivenus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Parcel Motel will deal with parcels that have to be signed for on delivery? Ordering clothes from the UK and they said it needs to be signed for.
    Thanks!

Yes they will, they will sign for it, I think it's in their FAQ some place. I already received a couple of parcels that needed signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Thanks Nava for a such a quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Coming to Wexford within two weeks according to their Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

green123 wrote: »
    i didnt think it was possible to order from mandm via parcel motel.

the last time i checked mandm the credit card address had to be the same as the delivery address.

how did you get around this problem ?

No don't think there going to let me just got email off them,chanced putting antrim address as billing but there onto it.shame as the offers were better on uk site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Got an email about my parcel (football jersey from MaxxSoccer.com delivered to the UK address for Parcel Motel) being in my local Parcel Motel pick-up. Went down, entered my phone number and the pin I got, the drawer opened and I got my parcel. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭green123

No don't think there going to let me just got email off them,chanced putting antrim address as billing but there onto it.shame as the offers were better on uk site.

security / fraud is the reason they give.

some of the smallest companies right up to the biggest allow a different delivery address and i have tried to argue this with mandmdirect before but i got nowhere with them

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Sure just ring up the bank or credit card company and add that address to it.. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Or get a Debit card. Would that work?

Don't need an address, or a bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Just bought load books for various friends from home for college from amazon using uk address from parcel motel, this is a great service, pity it wasnt around sooner :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My first order a few weeks ago went fine but my second attempted use of Parcel Motel appears to have gone awry. According to DHL my package was delivered to Parcel Motel last Thursday but I haven't heard anything. Only thing I can think of is that the name I put in got cut off because it was too long, I put in "Firstname Surname Parcel Motel MyPMID" but even then then they should be able to figure out who I am based on my full name name??

I've contacted them now to see what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Has anyone successfully got a delivery from ebuyer?
    I thought with them your delivery address has to be same as billing address with ebuyer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

iggy wrote: »
    I thought with them your delivery address has to be same as billing address with ebuyer

You can always add an address to your credit card to make it a billing address. I added my work address as a billling address to my credit card so I can get things delivered to it. I have not tried this with parcel motel yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

iggy wrote: »

Read the rest of this thread. There are details of Ebuyer orders in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Just bought load books for various friends from home for college from amazon using uk address from parcel motel, this is a great service, pity it wasnt around sooner :D:D:D

Just in case you're not aware of it if ordering directly from amazon (and not their 3rd party sellers) any order over £25 is eligible for free super saver delivery to Ireland. You just have to select it at the shipping option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement