Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Motel in clarehall Dublin has been down now for 36hrs, that cannot be helping the backlog.

I've a parcel sitting in it since Tuesday and can't get it out, I better not be getting charged!

[edit] make that 48hrs now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Another item arrived up north and is already on the way down to me in Athy today according to tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

So I had 4 parcels arrive up north on Tuesday between 10am-3pm, I recidvdd two of them in Navan this morning a large and medium parcel, the other two are only letter sized, the small lockers must all be full. Does not help that Amazon are shipping a lot of split orders for expediency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Im still waiting on my packages. I was told at least the first one would have been delivered yesterday, but nothing yet.

This has gone beyond a joke. Last time using parcel motel or nightline for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BlossomRose

I have used parcel motel for over a year now and always found them excellent. However this week I have two deliveries with them and have issues with both. Delivery one - got code, went to locker to collect but locker empty. Got another code the next day, went to locker to collect but locker empty again. I am still awaiting this delivery.
    Delivery two - has been in transit for over 48 hrs now and no code yet.
    I understand they are very busy in the run up to Christmas but the empty lockers are very frustrating.
    I am expecting more deliveries to arrive with parcel motel over the coming days (Xmas presents) so I am a little worried about these now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I have used parcel motel for over a year now and always found them excellent. However this week I have two deliveries with them and have issues with both. Delivery one - got code, went to locker to collect but locker empty. Got another code the next day, went to locker to collect but locker empty again. I am still awaiting this delivery.
    Delivery two - has been in transit for over 48 hrs now and no code yet.
    I understand they are very busy in the run up to Christmas but the empty lockers are very frustrating.
    I am expecting more deliveries to arrive with parcel motel over the coming days (Xmas presents) so I am a little worried about these now too.

empty lockers makes no sense whatsoever.. :confused:

I'm waiting 48 hours for an in transit parcel... But it's not super urgent so I'm not overly bothered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

just over 2 days waiting myself for a parcel, I remember this happened last year and they had some vans out around the foxhunter in lucan where you could go and collect, might not be ideal but for any last minute gifts I think PM may best be avoided

Odd, checked today at 2pm but still in transit. It's in there after 3pm, but no text. Have the email and it's on the tracking, but defo no text.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

got mine signed for and delivered to finglas by UPS (says on their tracking) yesterday and still doesnt even say they recieved it on the parcel motel site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Mine arrived in Dublin yesterday, but has been InTransit since then, when it would normally have been delivered in the early hours of this morning. It it doesn't arrive at my PM by about 4am tonight then it will gone past their 'new' expected delivery time for me also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Ive a parcel delivered to the Dublin depot on Monday at 3pm signed for..Showed up as ''In Transit'' since Tuesday at 2pm...That was after they opened up a parcel of mine which I collected on Saturday.. nice to see the price increase to 3.95 is really improving the service :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

One package signed for on Monday by UPS, picks up InTransit on Tuesday and still waiting, I've had to other packages into Clonsilla last night from last week.

The worst thing is, ended up working from home on Monday and could of been in for the delivery.

Mine arrived today grand in Athy as normal.

What I don't get is, generally the lockers are on a forecourt, why don't they contact the store owner / manager and organise during the busy period to have an in-store collection. Granted not all stores will want or have the space for the extra parcels, but surely some will. People might even spend money in-store while collecting a parcel. As it is, they do have in-store collections where no lockers are present in some locations.

I believe it's this one

http://camelcamelcamel.com/

wrong thread. But that's a handy link for all :D

Tracks a price across all Amazon's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Has anyone ever had a parcel sent without their PMID on it ?

I ordered a pair of runners on 27/11/2014 from the UK with free delivery to UK or Northern Ireland so I used Parcel Motel. I checked my order status after a few days and it had been shipped but I'd never received an dispatch email or tracking code.

Another few days later and still no sign so I checked the order and realised the delivery address did not include my PMID. I contacted the live chat on Parcel Motel and they told me to use the shopping tracking facility on their site to log the parcel information, I also sent them an email but I've heard nothing.

Has anyone had this problem and had it resolved, starting to worry now as they're a Christmas present.

Nope not had to deal with that before. I'd try like crazy to keep ringing them about it as much as you can. They are crazy busy and clearly have a backlog in Dublin so if they can pass you off, they very well might just do that. Fill in the part on their website where you are expecting an item to arrive in to them and just keep ringing would be my bet. Kill them with kindness all the way through if you can, as honey will work better than a stick in this situation.

Please do report back on the outcome as this could easily happen to anyone and it would be great to have some info on what to do about it.

I had filled in that part on the site and sent the email yesterday morning so had expected a reply by now.

So annoyed at the store though for just leaving out part of the address

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Karen23 wrote: »
    I had filled in that part on the site and sent the email yesterday morning so had expected a reply by now.

So annoyed at the store though for just leaving out part of the address

Someone else posted way back about some other retailer omitting the PMID on a regular basis. I think it might have been Tesco Direct but I'm not sure. Why would they do that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

No idea and I know I definitely put it there because I logged on to my Parcel Motel account to check my PMID before completing the order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Approaching 72 hours now for a parcel for Drogheda.

Have 5 more on the way over the next few days, wondering if they will all be here in time before the drivers etc go on a well deserved holiday.

I can live with 3 days I suppose but I wonder should those of us who this is affecting start demanding discounts or refunds if this backlog continues?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Just to say they delivered fast/as normal for me. Package was checked into Belfast 3pm yesterday and stored in my Killarney PM 8am this morning. I was panicking a bit because I thought it would have arrived in Belfast sooner than it did and the eBay seller was being rather unhelpful when it came to giving me the tracking number. Thankful that it arrived in the end without having to hassle the seller even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

My package has been 'in transit' since Monday 8th...and still nothing in locker. What's worse it's an Advent Calendar (you can even see that it is on the photo taken by PM) . Had I known beforehand there was a backlog via Twitter or Facebook, I wouldn't have bothered ordering it for the kids.

just got the two remaining packets from Amazon via Parcel motel with the since Tuesday. I wont be using them this side of Christmas again.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Furp wrote: »
    just got the two remaining packets from Amazon via Parcel motel with the since Tuesday. I wont be using them this side of Christmas again.

You mean tthey were "checked in" up in the North on Tues and delivered to Motel today? i'M in the same boat, they have it but I'm waiting.

sorry yes checked in in Tuesday, 4 of them, got two parcels yesterday and two packets today.

Furp wrote: »
    sorry yes checked in in Tuesday, 4 of them, got two parcels yesterday and two packets today.

Yeh I prob should have paid the extra few bob, avoided PM and got it sent directly to home in Dublin, would be here by this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Anyone else get an email about the Parcel Motel Tour Bus. Seems they have coped on a bit and are sending on a bus that stays at the motel for 3 hours and you can call and get your package.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Anyone else get an email about the Parcel Motel Tour Bus. Seems they have coped on a bit and are sending on a bus that stays at the motel for 3 hours and you can call and get your package.

Great! Finally someone puts on the thinking cap!

• Advertisement

cgc5483 wrote: »

Which motels are included in it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement