Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Mr.S wrote: »
    Can you Copy / Paste?

As you have a parcel due to go to the Parcel Motel at Rathfarnham Texaco today, we wanted to let you know that due to seasonal demand, we are currently experiencing congestion at this location.

The good news is that in order to avoid any delays with your delivery, the Parcel Motel Tour Bus will be arriving at Texaco Rathfarnham this evening (Thurs 11th December) between 5pm and 8pm with your parcel on board! All you have to do is turn up with your PMID and our staff will have your parcel ready for you to collect.

If you can't make it this evening, don't worry, your parcel will be stored as soon as possible in the Parcel Motel at Rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

It might be stating the bleedin' obvious, but we can all help reduce the current backlog by picking up packages as soon as possible after they arrive, thus freeing up locker spaces for more deliveries.

Please note that I don't want to deflect any of the blame from Parcel Motel themselves here, it should be 100% up to them to provide enough lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

I have just got a text from Parcel Motel saying my package will be ready to collect from Clonsilla Road Spar this evening?

WTF? I live in Drogheda? This is taking the piss :confused::confused::eek:

Must have been an error.. I got a second text saying a Parcel Motel Bus will be in Tesco Drogheda between 4pm and 8pm.

Thats more like it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

We just got one saying out Parcel would be in Tesco Drogheda, and Clonsilla Road Spar is our PMotel.

• Advertisement

I rang and there were some emails sent out in error. They have promised everything is on track and ok!

Ha! Its all going a bit mad now... I just got yet another email telling me to ignore all previous emails and my package would be sent back to the Spar in Clonsilla!

Someone needs their work double checked! :D:D:eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Ha! Its all going a bit mad now... I just got yet another email telling me to ignore all previous emails and my package would be sent back to the Spar in Clonsilla!

Someone needs their work double checked! :D:D:eek:

Seems like we're getting an involuntary Parcel Motel Secret Santa, I hope you got me something nice because your in for a right treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Well by this evening, my package will have been 'in transit' for 96 hrs...:mad:
    Anyone else waiting for Newbridge Depot??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Well folks, if you're thinking about using UPS to deliver instead of going through PM, bear in mind that the delivery driver's are not the brightest sparks and apparently in order to get your package, you have to leave instructions for them to ring the doorbell... Missed a delivery because he sent an email instead of ringing the damn doorbell. Rang customer support and their answer was, well you didn't leave instructions for him to ring doorbell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

So my parcel is either in maynooth, the clonsilla Road or drogheda. Hmm. I appreciate that this is their busiest time of year but it's a bit unprofessional to get multiple messages saying vastly different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

So my parcel is either in maynooth, the clonsilla Road or drogheda. Hmm. I appreciate that this is their busiest time of year but it's a bit unprofessional to get multiple messages saying vastly different things.

If you log onto their site does it show the 3 locations too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Wow. So I tried using the chat option on the PM website to ask when I'd receive my parcel. It said there was one person in the queue before me, and I was told that all their operatives were busy, and to email my complaint instead. When I said I didn't mind waiting, they just turned the chat off without reply. Nice way to treat customers there

timetogo wrote: »
    If you log onto their site does it show the 3 locations too?

Nope just shows one. Didn't even think of checking that thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Does that mean it's on that bus thingy that was mentioned a few posts back and you can pick it up from there during certain hours or wait until a locker is available and they deliver it as normal. Or does PM tracking have it in 3 different lockers?

Going to check out this mythical bus. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I went round to spar clonsilla road and no bus....

Bus was at maynooth and got one parcel of three expected. Had literally just stepped in the door of home and got a text saying there's a parcel in the motel in maynooth for me. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Okay, a little update for those following with the delay.

I was told yesterday that my parcels would be there that night (waiting since Monday and Tuesday for both) So since I live really close to my locker, i popped around at the usual time the packages were delivered. shockingly, I arrive minutes before the courier does. I must be psychic.

I spoke to him about it and this is pretty much what he told me.

They have 3 shifts a day delivering packages. He was there at around 22:30pm and he mentioned that another courier is normally about 3 hours behind, but currently he was only about an hour and a half away.

The guy had around 50 packages he was putting into the locker. Luckily my two were apart of the packages going in. Some were medium going into large lockers and such.

A thing to note was, that they weren't random. He filled the thing with the exact amount of packages he had. He had a big plastic box full of small packages, which probably had around 20-30 itself (the rest were big). All of them went in last. So it doesn't look like they are randomly going back every few hours, but only when it's empty or near empty. It's not like they have the trucks filled with them and head around when there is space. He had with him the exact amount going in. This is also more evident by the fact I said he can throw another two back in as I was grabbing my right there. Sadly he didn't and let.

I did ask him which lockers weren't as busy around Dublin, but he said most are pretty flat out. Although they aren't filling them every few hours like I was told multiple times.

I just had my last package signed for by Parcel Motel up the north this morning. It hasn't checked in yet, but I asked on the chat regarding it and they said that because it was signed in at 11am it wouldn't be checkedin until Monday. 4 days before I even have the thing show up on my account. Before I couldn't even ask another question, she left the chat and it went offline. Glad to say this will be the last time I use Parcel Motel ever. Worst service who have done nothing or the bare minimum to curb these massive delays, which are only going to get worse over the next week. I can deeply understand delays, and it doesn't happen, but waiting over a week for a package that took less time to come from another country is a joke and that's exactly what Parcel Motel is.

Is there an alternative to parcel motel? Cheaper preferably. I know 4 quid is pretty OK for delivery from Amazon etc but always looking to save a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

No,unless you have a relation that happens to be travelling here or vice versa,which is pretty much counter productive for a general solution to save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I have a good story to add to these last few tales of ineptitude.

Got a text telling me my parcel had arrived on the 1st. Went to pick it up, and the door didn't open. The screen flashes up a message telling me to give it a tug. Doesn't open. I called customer service and they tell me they were aware of it and an engineer is on his way and I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow. The guy tells me I'll get no new notification and ht eold pin will work. That morning I get a text with a new PIN. When I get there, the new PIN opens up to a parcel that isn't mine. Quite clearly addressed with someone elses PMID and name. I tried the old PIN. The previously inoperable door opens. Nothing inside.

Again I contact Customer service. They'll send a courier out to pick up the parcel and they'll find my parcel and sort it all out. Parcel gets returned, and all seems OK. Another couple of days pass. I call them again. Get through to someone who tries to sort out my issue without looking at their system. When I eventually get him to pay attention to the case history, he tells me my parcel is probably in the depot and he'll have it sent out tonoight. I'm a bit dubious, but I'll take his word. Two days later (today), I get the notification. Just back from the parcel motal and they've given me back the wrong parcel I'd already given back to them.

Well done parcel motel and nightline.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to post the name of the person whose parcel I have to see if I can get it to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Officially 96hrs in transit now... Ugh. I'm so fed up. If they offered alternative ways to get package, fine... But I'm stuck here just waiting for it to be despatched into a darn locker. So much for my parcel doing the waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

soc wrote: »
    Officially 96hrs in transit now... Ugh. I'm so fed up. If they offered alternative ways to get package, fine... But I'm stuck here just waiting for it to be despatched into a darn locker. So much for my parcel doing the waiting.

Yeh it's ridic at this stage...should be giving refunds, especially when they say you should receive pin up to 48hrs once it says in transit. Clearly people are waiting longer

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Incidentally do they drop off at motels on Saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Joziburg wrote: »
    Incidentally do they drop off at motels on Saturdays?

Yes, I've had Saturday deliveries before.

McGaggs wrote: »

Got a text telling me my parcel had arrived on the 1st. Went to pick it up, and the door didn't open. The screen flashes up a message telling me to give it a tug. Doesn't open. I called customer service and they tell me they were aware of it and an engineer is on his way and I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow. The guy tells me I'll get no new notification and ht eold pin will work. That morning I get a text with a new PIN. When I get there, the new PIN opens up to a parcel that isn't mine. Quite clearly addressed with someone elses PMID and name. I tried the old PIN. The previously inoperable door opens. Nothing inside.

Again I contact Customer service. They'll send a courier out to pick up the parcel and they'll find my parcel and sort it all out. Parcel gets returned, and all seems OK. Another couple of days pass. I call them again. Get through to someone who tries to sort out my issue without looking at their system. When I eventually get him to pay attention to the case history, he tells me my parcel is probably in the depot and he'll have it sent out tonoight. I'm a bit dubious, but I'll take his word. Two days later (today), I get the notification. Just back from the parcel motal and they've given me back the wrong parcel I'd already given back to them.

Well done parcel motel and nightline.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to post the name of the person whose parcel I have to see if I can get it to them?

Absolutely no excuse for that. I would be livid if they were giving my package to the wrong person twice. I wonder what excuse they are going to give for that.

The best thing you can do is contact them and say they can come collect the incorrect package once they hand deliver the correct one.

You could try posting their initials or something, but chances of them seeing it are fairly slim. Too bad their phone number isn't on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Thor wrote: »
    Absolutely no excuse for that. I would be livid if they were giving my package to the wrong person twice. I wonder what excuse they are going to give for that.

The best thing you can do is contact them and say they can come collect the incorrect package once they hand deliver the correct one.

You could try posting their initials or something, but chances of them seeing it are fairly slim. Too bad their phone number isn't on it.

I'm sure our phone numbers are on the PM labels on the parcels?

Toxica wrote: »
    I'm sure our phone numbers are on the PM labels on the parcels?

Sadly their not. Just checked to be sure on my package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

McGaggs wrote: »

I am a big fan of PM and no doubt they are under pressure, but that fiasco is just down right inepitude.

They should give you a few free stays for that McGaggs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement