Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone have experience in sending stuff via parcel motel to another pm ? Sent something on the 2nd, and it's been "in depot" in Galway heading for Ballina since the 4th. Bit ridiculous really, this long. Took 8 days for something to be delivered before, mind you that was from pm to a home address so just about acceptable. But 10 days and counting since i dropped it at my pm is a bit too much

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

my package was in transit for 3 days, got a text that a parcel motel bus would be in Drogheda today from 4-8pm, they said there is alot of congestion in the boxes in Drogheda, I colected my parcel from them earlier, now waiting on another 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

This should be fun.

I just had a friend ship a package to be from Texas today. My last package with parcel motel arrived today and was checked in at 6:30pm

I'm actually thinking that the package coming from the US will be in my hands before the package that's already in Dublin gets to me. If parcel motel doesn't think they have a serious problem on their hands, they are simply not capable of running the business!

To deliver the wrong package twice takes true lack of ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

They definitely need to up their game for next Xmas. It is too late now.

I would imagine for 48 weeks they operate just fine, it is just for these few weeks it is mayhem

They have a monopoly so i can't see them invest too much cash, but i still hold them in high regard.

It was not too long ago, i was on Ebay or Amazon and could not get an item.

After last year i made sure to order items mid November.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    They definitely need to up their game for next Xmas. It is too late now.

I would imagine for 48 weeks they operate just fine, it is just for these few weeks it is mayhem

They have a monopoly so i can't see them invest too much cash, but i still hold them in high regard.

It was not too long ago, i was on Ebay or Amazon and could not get an item.

After last year i made sure to order items mid November.

I will just use Parcel Connect from now on.

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    I will just use Parcel Connect from now on.

I thought Parcel Connect was just available in the UK? Are you close to the border Thor?

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I thought Parcel Connect was just available in the UK? Are you close to the border Thor?

In dublin,

Works the same way as parcel motel, expect they uses shops like spar to store your packages. You get a Northern Ireland address with your own ID on it and then they will deliver it to the store of your choice. You pay by cash when you get there as well, and thankfully I can't see the place getting full with packages.

In dublin,

Works the same way as parcel motel, expect they uses shops like spar to store your packages. You get a Northern Ireland address with your own ID on it and then they will deliver it to the store of your choice. You pay by cash when you get there as well, and thankfully I can't see the place getting full with packages.

Wow, i never even knew it was a thing in ROI. Nice one Thor, just signed up :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

If you see a package has been signed for but not in transit yet do they allow you to just pick it up from the depot in Finglas.
    I have a package on the way from England that I need ASAP and it should be with Parcel Motel on Monday. I don't really want to be waiting a week for it to be sent to my local parcel motel at the Foxhunter in Lucan

Casey78 wrote: »
    If you see a package has been signed for but not in transit yet do they allow you to just pick it up from the depot in Finglas.
    I have a package on the way from England that I need ASAP and it should be with Parcel Motel on Monday. I don't really want to be waiting a week for it to be sent to my local parcel motel at the Foxhunter in Lucan

Nope. you have to wait. One of the main reasons why this problem is so pathetic. They could easily offer people the chance to pick them up. Just class the package as oversized, so it can still fall through the system.

Would it really be that hard to add another fake locker to the list of lockers available and call it DEPOT! That way people can pick it and parcel motel can just bring it to the depot itself.

They really are a bunch of planks!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Are you serious? So my package is/will be in their building and I can't go in and get it?? Instead I'll have to wait a week for it to travel about 6 miles from Finglas to Lucan.
    That's madness.

I see DPD have launched their Parcel wizard service too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

soc wrote: »
    Officially 96hrs in transit now... Ugh. I'm so fed up. If they offered alternative ways to get package, fine... But I'm stuck here just waiting for it to be despatched into a darn locker. So much for my parcel doing the waiting.

After being 'in transit' since 08/12/2014 18:44 I FINALLY receive my pin for collection on 12/12/2014 22:05! Jumped into the car & took off to the PM lockers (feck the cold & icy roads) and FINALLY picked up my package....FINALLY. That's an extra locker freed up again now in Newbridge.

Thank folly I was only waiting on the one package all this time, and didn't end up doing a Christmas Shop with PM. Don't need to go through THAT again this side of Christmas.

So all in, it ONLY took 100 Hours of being 'in transit' before I finally got access to my package.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Damn so I thought after they had added a second motel in Lucan and new ones in Maynooth and Celbridge it would have taken the pressure off but doesn't seem to be the case I've two packages in transit for the last couple of days, looks like rule of thumb is not to use PM in December at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Damn so I thought after they had added a second motel in Lucan and new ones in Maynooth and Celbridge it would have taken the pressure off but doesn't seem to be the case I've two packages in transit for the last couple of days, looks like rule of thumb is not to use PM in December at all!

Yeh I agree! Won't be using it again in Dec. any chance they could deliver later today, being a Sat and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Are you serious? So my package is/will be in their building and I can't go in and get it?? Instead I'll have to wait a week for it to travel about 6 miles from Finglas to Lucan.
    That's madness.

What makes you think that it takes a week to get from Finglas to Lucan. Just because some people have had an issue doesnt mean it will take anything like a week for your parcel. I have used Parcel Motel many times and it takes 1-2 days to get from Antrim to my Parcel Motel spot in Trim.

Also, that is their business model and it doesnt include depot pickup as an option. I am sure that they would have to set up a particular section for storing packages at the depot if they left it as an option. They would have to anticipate volumes atc. They would have to have a separate entrance, someone to deal with the customers, parking etc etc. It might even effect their insurance I dont know. I just know that it is more than leaving a few parcels in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Mine took 72 hours just to get checked in, maybe they lost it. Just checked in today, guess i wont see it till christmas according to the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

it should be with Parcel Motel on Monday. I don't really want to be waiting a week for it to be sent to my local parcel motel at the Foxhunter in Lucan
    Mine arrived in PM on tuesday. It had the 48hr warning, it only arrived in my Locker in dublin yesterday, so about 72hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

Have 5 parcels 'In Transit' and another one delivered by Hermes yesterday morning that still hasn't been checked in (although that may well be an oversized item). Never had a problem with them until recently

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Joziburg wrote: »
    Yeh I agree! Won't be using it again in Dec. any chance they could deliver later today, being a Sat and all?

They do deliveries to Lucan on Saturday night maybe around 8 or 9 so keep checking your pm account

• Advertisement

It's clear that the issues are because of the sheer amount of packages they have to deliver. This is totally understandable. The problem is that they aren't doing anything to curb the delays. This will only increase the chances of missing parcels, damages packages and wrong deliveries. Like what has already happened.

This is only going to get worse of the next week and the amount of people that are going to be waiting until after Christmas is going to be huge.

There are countless things that Parcel Motel could be doing to lessen the delays and a simple one is allowing people to pick up their parcel, or have more trucks standing by the lockers handing out the parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Absolutely no excuse for that. I would be livid if they were giving my package to the wrong person twice. I wonder what excuse they are going to give for that.

The best thing you can do is contact them and say they can come collect the incorrect package once they hand deliver the correct one.

You could try posting their initials or something, but chances of them seeing it are fairly slim. Too bad their phone number isn't on it.

I've just got an email from the PM general manager. The person who's parcel I have has made contact with them and it seems like they have mine. Looks like this may be resolved soon enough.

Looks like sending an angry email to every address I could find for PM and night line (including guessing the comapjy directors' emails) paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

Just been onto PM and they said they've checked in all the parcels they have received to date. Which means mine is missing somewhere in their warehouse, I'm getting anxious as its meant to be a Christmas present for someone

McGaggs wrote: »
    I've just got an email from the PM general manager. The person who's parcel I have has made contact with them and it seems like they have mine. Looks like this may be resolved soon enough.

Looks like sending an angry email to every address I could find for PM and night line (including guessing the comapjy directors' emails) paid off.

I wonder how many times that has happened with other people.

I know a few people had empty lockers when they got there, and I wonder if other people ended up with their packages at the time, only to return them later.

How are Parcel motel not terrified for the amount for the liability they are putting themselves in. These issues could easily be resolved.

The courier I saw delivering the packages took too many out at the same time and they all tipped over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Just something i might add here,i have had a package in transit a few days and there was a delay for UK shipments the last few days due to weather and airport troubles so there is a backlog.So air and road/ferry is behind.
    I seen a post above ealier there and having someone sit beside a PM waiting for it to empty to refill it on the spot is not really an option,due to the recent black friday and cyber monday again there is delays there and probably a huge amount to arrive this week,another thing to consider is those who do not pick up their parcel on time is effectively holding up lockers for others this is something else also to factor in,it will be very busy over the next few weeks due to the time of year and hopefully it will die off soon after.So far to date my experience has been fine apart from the current packages i am waiting on due to the hold up in the UK..

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Just something i might add here,i have had a package in transit a few days and there was a delay for UK shipments the last few days due to weather and airport troubles so there is a backlog.So air and road/ferry is behind.
    I seen a post above ealier there and having someone sit beside a PM waiting for it to empty to refill it on the spot is not really an option,due to the recent black friday and cyber monday again there is delays there and probably a huge amount to arrive this week,another thing to consider is those who do not pick up their parcel on time is effectively holding up lockers for others this is something else also to factor in,it will be very busy over the next few weeks due to the time of year and hopefully it will die off soon after.So far to date my experience has been fine apart from the current packages i am waiting on due to the hold up in the UK..

They are already putting some trucks at the lockers and handing out the packages, but they aren't doing it nearly enough.

The delays have nothing to do with people not picking up packages enough. Your given 48 hours to take it or it's remove. Sure that could cause some delay.

I was waiting nearly 80 plus hours for a package, and it was delievered along with around 50 other packages, with another courier due to bring more a few hours later. Their clearly still waiting until the lockers are near empty before going back to fill more, but that still requires them to go back to depot and have it filled up with the lot that are going in.

They are not leaving them on the trucks and delivering the when they get a chance.

They are already putting some trucks at the lockers and handing out the packages, but they aren't doing it nearly enough.

The delays have nothing to do with people not picking up packages enough. Your given 48 hours to take it or it's remove. Sure that could cause some delay.

I was waiting nearly 80 plus hours for a package, and it was delievered along with around 50 other packages, with another courier due to bring more a few hours later. Their clearly still waiting until the lockers are near empty before going back to fill more, but that still requires them to go back to depot and have it filled up with the lot that are going in.

They are not leaving them on the trucks and delivering the when they get a chance.

Having trucks sitting there on standby wouldn't be a very viable option for any company but I do understand your sentiment.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Having trucks sitting there on standby wouldn't be a very viable option for any company but I do understand your sentiment.

I honestly don't see it. Why wouldn't that be a viable option. What difference does it make if he just waits there and hands out the packages, and like i said, they have already done it, but not nearly enough times. I guess loosing packages, and giving out the wrong ones is a better way to go.

The make annoyance is the lack of an option to collect. A person could have multiple packages that have to be picked up and really cut down on the backlog but giving them the option.

I honestly don't see it. Why wouldn't that be a viable option. What difference does it make if he just waits there and hands out the packages, and like i said, they have already done it, but not nearly enough times. I guess loosing packages, and giving out the wrong ones is a better way to go.

The make annoyance is the lack of an option to collect. A person could have multiple packages that have to be picked up and really cut down on the backlog but giving them the option.

Well if its been done in the past perhaps but considered the time of year rescources would be an issue for any company,i do agree with the option to collect,again this would mean taking more rescources internally at the depots in the locale.
    One thing there you said about multi consignments been put into a spererate locker could be looked into and perhaps consolidate orders should they all fit in one locker again a very challenging task to organise prior to been visually inspected and therefore cant really be giving an accurate outlook as to how many lockers would be required if that should be the case.

For two weeks of the year and due to the current volume traditionally at this time or year perhaps its a footnote for PM to consider going forward,obviously its been a success for PM and perhaps quicker than expected. So going forward im sure these issues albeit temporary will be amended in the future.
    On a whole due the the sheer volume of freight this time of year even general freight,door to door is a hassle and something else not to forget in the future with the inclement weather now another threat this is not going to get any better in the interim weather permitting of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Brian017 wrote: »
    Just been onto PM and they said they've checked in all the parcels they have received to date. Which means mine is missing somewhere in their warehouse, I'm getting anxious as its meant to be a Christmas present for someone

I rang them earlier and sounded like they had "hundreds" of them in a big section of their warehouse. Also came across that it was chaos... Hopefully your package is there and you'll get it when they sort themselves out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement