Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

A parcel I ordered was signed for by them @ 16:20 on 08/12, PM didnt have it checked in until 16:40 on the 10th, and since then its just been "In Transit".

That means we are coming up on 120 hours since they checked it in!

It now says the location is "Parcel Motel Depot" anyone know exactly what that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

A parcel I ordered was signed for by them @ 16:20 on 08/12, PM didnt have it checked in until 16:40 on the 10th, and since then its just been "In Transit".

That means we are coming up on 120 hours since they checked it in!

It now says the location is "Parcel Motel Depot" anyone know exactly what that means?

I think it means it has arrived and you're about to get a text! Hopefully anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I think it means it has arrived and you're about to get a text! Hopefully anyway.

Nope. I've had a package in the depot for days. Waiting on mine since the 9th.

Do they have a phone number to give them a call? I know everybody is having to wait but this is getting ridiculous. My parcel has been with them for a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Got mine delivered very early this morning...text message received at 3.30am so least they were out and about in the wee hours trying to get packages delivered.

• Advertisement

Got their number off twitter. Apparently it should be at the motel within the next 24 hours.

She reckoned that was well as the christmas backlog, the Swords Airside motel had been 'down' for a few days last week which delayed things even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Kerrybai wrote: »
    Does this work for Ebay? Will an ebay seller ship to the Belfast address even if it's not your paypal address? [...]

Just make PM your secondary ebay/paypal address. I've that done long time ago, no problems at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

My parcel has just been checked in and it cost €7.00 so I presume it is a oversized item. What happens now? do they contact me to find out if I want a pickup or a Nightline delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

They'll mail you with information you can collect it in Finglas. Contact them if you need to arrange a delivery or pickup in another depot.

After 119 hours my parcel finally arrived at my local motel. I collected it and it was indeed my parcel, thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Got a text earlier saying my package would be available from 4-8pm on the Parcel Motel bus parked at my local lockers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

After 119 hours my parcel finally arrived at my local motel. I collected it and it was indeed my parcel, thankfully!

Where you based?
    I'm 126 hours since it was signed in at Finglas and about 90 hours since it's in transit.
    I also had another one signed in today that I really need this week.
    Oh and when I complained on Twitter they only apologised and said there was a backlogg but she did give me two free parcel stays next time I use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

My parcel went in Transit on the 13th and i got my hopes up..

Then i saw this thread!!! booo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had a parcel sent without their PMID on it ?

I ordered a pair of runners on 27/11/2014 from the UK with free delivery to UK or Northern Ireland so I used Parcel Motel. I checked my order status after a few days and it had been shipped but I'd never received an dispatch email or tracking code.

Another few days later and still no sign so I checked the order and realised the delivery address did not include my PMID. I contacted the live chat on Parcel Motel and they told me to use the shopping tracking facility on their site to log the parcel information, I also sent them an email but I've heard nothing.

Has anyone had this problem and had it resolved, starting to worry now as they're a Christmas present.

I finally managed to get through to the supplier who said my parcel was signed for by a Parcel Motel employee at 12.38pm on 5/12/2014.

All I can get from parcel Motel is that parcels received without a PMID are checked against the shopping tracking facility daily. If they received my parcel on the 5th and I logged it on the shopping tracker on the 7th
    and its checked daily, how has it not shown up yet ??

• Because of "congestion" I had to go out to the Annacotty Industrial Estate to collect my parcel which is a fair distance from the lockers in Castletroy. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

They need to email all their customers and warn them. It's going to cause chaos for Christmas. If I hadn't found this thread I'd still be ordering stuff expecting delivery before Xmas.

• Well to be fair I didn't have to wait any longer than usual.....just that the lockers are full it seems. Would have been nice to have been warned though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

markc1184 wrote: »
    Got a text earlier saying my package would be available from 4-8pm on the Parcel Motel bus parked at my local lockers.
    same here collected it in drogheda, there was a few people in front of me and after me.... thankfully that was the last one i was waiting on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

whelan2 wrote: »
    same here collected it in drogheda, there was a few people in front of me and after me.... thankfully that was the last one i was waiting on

Same as myself thankfully. The bus is handy for helping them clear any backlogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

I have a DHL parcel that was signed for on the 8th (8 days ago), and it has been 'in transit' since the 9th. Still don't have it. I have another that has been in transit since the 13th.

The 48 hours notice is garbage, considering they've had one parcel for 180 hours, and the other for 60 hours. I've contacted them by DM multiple times on Twitter (they said they'd look into it and get back to me, that was the last I heard from them 4 days ago). Same with live chat, "you should have it in the next 24 hours" - 3 days ago. And I've emailed them, no reply. I just noticed they have a phone number on the site, I'll call them in the morning.

They also emailed me more than a week ago to say that my motel had been changed to another one, then I get a parcel 2 days later to the original one. I've used them a huge amount in the last couple of years, but these last few weeks they've been crap. Regular post would have taken half the time. And the customer service has been brutal too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

A parcel of mine expired on the 8th since It was delivered early hours of Saturday morning and I was away for the weekend. On the 8th it was sent back to depot and has been showing as expired ever since.

I have been told several times it will be resolved in 48 hours, but it never is.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I'm only a day delayed on my parcel so far, but we ordered kids presents too, which may not make it here in time for Christmas.

What's most infuriating about this is their lack of transparency. I checked their website before ordering, and saw the 48 hrs warning. But when you talk to their customer service people, they say that's now actually 72 hours. In practice, it's taking a lot longer for many folks.

They fcuked up in two ways.

1. They obviously did a poor job of planning for Christmas. Everyone knows it's the busiest time of year for deliveries.

2. They have been far from transparent about the real scale of the problem. At least if their website said orders now may not make it in time for Christmas, and are taking upwards of 72 hours to process, customers would have a choice.

The first point is poor planning and would be forgivable if they had at least been open about what's happening.

I can't wait for more competition in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I finally got my last package from parcel motel. Got a text at 1am last night and collected it at 7am this morning.

I'm done with parcel motel and thankfully will never use their service again. This is not due to the delays, but how they did nothing to prevent them or help minimize their effects.They didn't even put a decent notice on the site to let people know this was happening. This just created more delays. They did all of this to maximize their profits and could care less if people get their packages in a timely matter and certainly not in time for Christmas.

Poorly run company with ineffectual customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Any parcel that is delayed by PM's inefficiency should be free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

You wouldnt mind so much if the website said delay up to 72/100hours, not the 42hours which clearly has not been the case.

That's the biggest problem, they're being dishonest about the true scale of the problem.

Take people's money and try to quietly get away with it.

As we get closer to Christmas, there will be lots of extremely irate folks who didn't get Christmas presents delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

munkee wrote: »
    1. They obviously did a poor job of planning for Christmas. Everyone knows it's the busiest time of year for deliveries.
    An posts take on it.
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/GeneralTemplates/AboutUsStandard.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7BDAE7E7EB-C5A5-4505-AC96-C5A11055EA17%7D&NRORIGINALURL=%2FAnPost%2FMainContent%2FAbout%2BAn%2BPost%2FHistory%2Band%2BHeritage%2FPOAC.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest
    As mail volumes grew, it became necessary to take on extra staff at Christmas and, in difficult economic times, applications for those Post Office jobs far exceeded the number of positions available. Although Christmas volumes have been affected by technological innovations and changing writing habits, An Post still takes on extra staff at Christmas in order to cope with the nearly 100 million additional items that pass through the postal system over the Christmas period
    An of course nightline are around years, more post at xmas is no secret.

Discodog wrote: »
    Any parcel that is delayed by PM's inefficiency should be free of charge.
    Or at least a discount. I can understand and accept a delay, but I do not want to hear these optimistic estimates. All my amazon stuff usually arrives before the quoted expected delivery date, thats a plus in my book. I would have thought better of them if they told me 72hr, which it took.

I remember one year one minor present (of several presents) for an adult relative did not arrive in time, and just told them and they got it a week later. A little kid will not be as understanding, if people are being told honest estimates they can plan better for non-arrivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

I had an item (oversized I reckon) delivered to Belfast last Friday the 12th, still hasn't being processed, no answer on live chat (there always seems to be six people in the queue). I think Parcel Connect will be getting my custom from now on.

For anyone with delays, I strongly suggest posting to their Twitter account, found here:
    https://twitter.com/ParcelMotel/with_replies

It's public, so it keeps them under pressure, and as a result they seem to be actually engaging with people there.

I've repeatedly, via email, Twitter and chat with a customer agent, asked them to update their website to accurately reflect the delays, with no response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

joujoujou wrote: »
    Just make PM your secondary ebay/paypal address. I've that done long time ago, no problems at all. :)

Yes but for some reason people on ebay tend to leave out the PMID number every now and again (well at least for me they do).
    Had to ask a seller yesterday why they didnt put in my PMID number on the address apparently i was meant to email them asking them not alter the address i gave them :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement