Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Yes but for some reason people on ebay tend to leave out the PMID number every now and again (well at least for me they do).
    [...]

Bad luck really. Never happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Roger00 wrote: »
    I had an item (oversized I reckon) delivered to Belfast last Friday the 12th, still hasn't being processed, no answer on live chat (there always seems to be six people in the queue). I think Parcel Connect will be getting my custom from now on.

Sweet jesus there is an alternative to parcel motel!! how is this the first i have heard of this?!? anyone have experiences with this parcel connect?

• Parcel Connect is great until it gets to the place where you have to collect it.....unfortunately a lot of the shops have no idea about the service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I see on my banking 365 that parcel motel deducted €3.95 from my account yesterday but I still have not got the parcel I'm now waiting 6 days for.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Same happened last year they obviously haven't learned from it. They did send a couple of vans to Lucan one night to allow you collect from it when it got really bad so maybe they'll do the same. They really need to work on their customer service. I was told I added to delays by querying where my package was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Was going off the 48hr delay until now, supposed to be leaving friday for the holidays. must check if there's a locker nearby.
    Parcel Connect is great until it gets to the place where you have to collect it.....unfortunately a lot of the shops have no idea about the service.

Neither do their own staff at their depots or even their drivers, in my one experience with them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Anyone knows hows delays in far away motels like Castlebar, Roscommon, Ballina, Sligo, etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

well so far in Athy, there's been no delays. Gets checked in up North and brought down within about 24 hours as norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If something arrived today, I can expect it by Christmas right? I mean that gives them a week, or is it that slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

titan18 wrote: »
    If something arrived today, I can expect it by Christmas right? I mean that gives them a week, or is it that slow?

There are folks who have been waiting longer than a week. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they ramp things up as the days count down to prevent a PR fiasco turning into whatever's worse than a fiasco :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

PARCELGATE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

December is a mad month to be ordering online.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

stanley1 wrote: »
    December is a mad month to be ordering online.

Its also a mad month to be buying in shops :?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

titan18 wrote: »

Well, they received my parcel on the 2nd and I still don't have it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So finally got my two parcels this morning, I actually rang them last night as the packages were in the depot since last Thursday and Friday I got straight through to a nice girl who said I should have one delivered last night and the other today, she just said the sheer volume of packages and awaiting space to open up in my PM in Lucan was causing the delays. I suggested that they cut the collection period from 48 hours to 24 hours for the month of December, she assured me she would pass on my comment.
    Look I suppose the moral of this is that Parcel Motel works fine from January to the end of November but just don't use them in December as it's basically a lottery of when you will actually receive your package.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

McGaggs wrote: »
    Well, they received my parcel on the 2nd and I still don't have it ...

Oh dear and I thought not getting one thats been in transit since Saturday was bad. Doesnt bode well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This is a total joke at this stage. They have something of mine a week which I need by Friday and they tell me they 'hope' to get it to me by then. Ridiculous on their part and I wont be using them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

ive been waiting 10 days since the site said intransit, got told machine was down and they would email me following morning to arrange home delivery, they renegged on this and instead said it would be in motel on monday that was friday, still no sign monday so today they offered me 2 free stays never added to account and their online support is now always offline and wont answer emails, this is about my 4th parcel throughout the year that has been soo slow, they took payment 13 days ago also very poor service

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

This happened last year with Parcel Motel too.

People should just order earlier and avoid the Christmas rush.

If I worked at Parcel Motel I wouldn't give a sh!t. It's your own fault for ordering so close to Christmas. Every business has backlogs this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

nomeban wrote: »
    This happened last year with Parcel Motel too.

People should just order earlier and avoid the Christmas rush.

If I worked at Parcel Motel I wouldn't give a sh!t. It's your own fault for ordering so close to Christmas. Every business has backlogs this time of year.

Its not backlogs that bother me though, its not being informed of them. That notice about allowing 48 hours when in transit should have gone up ages ago and it should now state a longer time frame if thats the case. If they were up front and acknowledged delays it wouldn't be as bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ivorb

I've a parcel that's been 'in transit' for 6 days. Parcel Motel used to be great, but they look like they're in meltdown. They aren't communicating with their customers enough, or trying to find solutions that work. The 'bus' isn't a bad idea, but they need to do it at every location with a backlog. They should send a van out to each motel with ALL the parcels for it, and tell the customers it'll be there for an hour. At least it would give some of us an opportunity to get our stuff and help them reduce the demand.

I've put hundreds of euro of business past them in the last couple months, but not sure I'll use them again. Their website says that parcels arriving in Belfast by 23rd will be in Motels before Xmas. Would be nice to know how they'll do it. Maybe it involves reindeer?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

I've had a parcel motel account with a few years. Found them to be a great service over the period. However, that all changed this week.

A package arrived to my locker that had been opened. It was a pretty expensive wallet contained in a small box. The package was open with only the box inside, and the only way this could have been done is for someone to physically take the wallet out.

I contacted Parcel Motel on Monday the 7th and was told by a customer service rep to send photos through and they'd investigate. Sent them in and gave it a few days. Had heard nothing by Friday so rang for an update, was told to expect a call back in the afternoon. Got no callback but left it go for the weekend.

Rang on Monday, again promised a call back - none came. Rang again today and was told the agent I was looking for wasn't in yet but a message would be sent to him and he'd contact me as soon as he got in. Gave it a few hours after his shift started and rang through. Thankfully I got straight through to him. Explained my situation now to him almost 10 days later. He said they're looking into it and promised me faithfully there'd be a mail or a call this afternoon with an update. Still waiting on the mail or call.

I just want to know if the parcel arrived to PM in that condition. If it did, and they confirm this by mail, then I can go back to Amazon with the problem. However, I'm sure they'll wonder why it's taken almost 15 days to contact them.

I order a lot of stuff that arrives through PM, I would guess at least one package a week on average which, for a personal account, is probably a lot. I actually have 3 more packages due through them. Does anyone know of a rival service to them?

Anyone got any advice on what I can do here? I'm getting absolutely no joy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BarneyThomas

Roger00 wrote: »
    I had an item (oversized I reckon) delivered to Belfast last Friday the 12th, still hasn't being processed, no answer on live chat (there always seems to be six people in the queue). I think Parcel Connect will be getting my custom from now on.

Whats parcel connect?

Ive had a nightmare with a couple of parcels going to parcel motel the last few days.
    I find their customer service is the pits.
    Is there an alternative because im sick of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I've had a parcel motel account with a few years. Found them to be a great service over the period. However, that all changed this week.

A package arrived to my locker that had been opened. It was a pretty expensive wallet contained in a small box. The package was open with only the box inside, and the only way this could have been done is for someone to physically take the wallet out.

I contacted Parcel Motel on Monday the 7th and was told by a customer service rep to send photos through and they'd investigate. Sent them in and gave it a few days. Had heard nothing by Friday so rang for an update, was told to expect a call back in the afternoon. Got no callback but left it go for the weekend.

Rang on Monday, again promised a call back - none came. Rang again today and was told the agent I was looking for wasn't in yet but a message would be sent to him and he'd contact me as soon as he got in. Gave it a few hours after his shift started and rang through. Thankfully I got straight through to him. Explained my situation now to him almost 10 days later. He said they're looking into it and promised me faithfully there'd be a mail or a call this afternoon with an update. Still waiting on the mail or call.

I just want to know if the parcel arrived to PM in that condition. If it did, and they confirm this by mail, then I can go back to Amazon with the problem. However, I'm sure they'll wonder why it's taken almost 15 days to contact them.

I order a lot of stuff that arrives through PM, I would guess at least one package a week on average which, for a personal account, is probably a lot. I actually have 3 more packages due through them. Does anyone know of a rival service to them?

Anyone got any advice on what I can do here? I'm getting absolutely no joy from them.

Log onto the site. They normally take a photo of your package when they receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

... she just said the sheer volume of packages and awaiting space to open up in my PM in Lucan was causing the delays. I
    What about Adamstown? I assume it wouldn't be as busy as the one one the N4.

timetogo wrote: »
    Log onto the site. They normally take a photo of your package when they receive it.

Excellent thanks. Hadn't seen that. The package looks completely intact in that photo. Thanks a million.

Just totted up my transactions since January. €330+ on Parcel Motel. €330+ that'll be going to Parcel Connect next year unless things change drastically for the better in the coming days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

What about Adamstown? I assume it wouldn't be as busy as the one one the N4.

I'll be waiting 7 days as of tomorrow for a parcel to be delivered to the parcel motel at Maxol at Adamstown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just got a text, parcel is ready, has been in transit since the 13th so I reckon a few of you will be getting messages shortly(depot is Amiens Street) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I opened an emty locker on December 6th. I've either phoned or emailed Parcel Motel almost every day since then. They say the driver probably brought my parcel back to the depot. They say they'll look into it and get back to me in the afternoon, or later that day. I never get a call back, I just end up phoning again the next day and it's the same story. It's been ten days now and I still don't actually know where my parcel is. And it seems Parcel Motel don't know either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement