Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I presume this email I got is from Parcel Motel? I've ordered so much stuff lately, kinda lost track of what has/hasn't arrived.
    Sent: Wed 12/17/14 11:17 AM
    Extremely high volumes have caused a delay to your parcel, we’re working hard to get your order to you asap, please bear with us, thank you for your patience

Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox.

This email and its attachments are confidential to the intended recipient. If this has come to you in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no action based on this email, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its contents to any person or organisation. Please note that email communications may be monitored. The registered office address of Yodel Delivery Network Limited is Second Floor, Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AE, registered in England number 05200072

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    So is the problem moreso related to congested Motels in certain areas as opposed to all dispatches from their warehouse?

it seems that way to me. the parcel motel beside me just opened up and apart from an oversized parcel everything has been delivered promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

fletch wrote: »
    I presume this email I got is from Parcel Motel? I've ordered so much stuff lately, kinda lost track of what has/hasn't arrived.

all of my emails from them come from noreply at parcelmotel dot com...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

fletch wrote: »

No yodel is an English delivery company,book people use them??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

PinkFly wrote: »
    No yodel is an English delivery company,book people use them??
    Cheers...fair idea what it is now....looks like it's going to be slow to be delivered to Parcel Motel and then slow to be sent out by Parcel Motel...be a miracle if I get it before Christmas! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

How are people able to check their Parcel Motel Logs. All I see is a list of the items I've received but can't tell if something has arrived at the Depot or not.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

swingking wrote: »
    How are people able to check their Parcel Motel Logs. All I see is a list of the items I've received but can't tell if something has arrived at the Depot or not.

Thanks

If it's not on the list it hasn't arrived in the Parcel Motel Depot yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

I have 2 parcels in limbo. Both arrived in NI within 2 hours of each other on SAT.

Now (just now) one is in the Topaz and the other isn't ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

me0w wrote: »

Or it has arrived and they are holding off scanning so you won't be annoying them as to why it's not in your locker?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Or is lost somewhere, especially if it's been thrown through the fence by lazy Hermes courier. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hmm, I have a package arrived this morning in NI but it hasn't shown up on my parcelmotel account yet. I hope there's not too much of a delay, especially as it's a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

me0w wrote: »

Not true, it just means it hasn't being processed. I have seen several things delivered that take several hours to appear in parcel motel. In fact I had one that was delivered by yodel at 10:27 this morning that has yet to appear

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Patww79 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email to go collect their parcel from a 'Parcel Motel Tour Bus' before? I got one to go to Maynooth between 4pm and 8pm and there would be a bus parked beside the normal collection thing to collect the parcel from(due to overdemand seemingly but no PIN given, just bring PMID).

Landed at 6pm and not a sign of any bus or related activity in the whole car park.

I was there at 6pm yesterday and they were parked up beside the lockers in a big white bus, walked up to the lockers and there was a note on it pointing to where the bus was.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

ted1 wrote: »
    Not true, it just means it hasn't being processed. I have seen several things delivered that take several hours to appear in parcel motel. In fact I had one that was delivered by yodel at 10:27 this morning that has yet to appear

Same with me. DPD delivered to the NI depot at 10am this morning and still no sign of it on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is not turning up with the bus a regular thing then? I'm worried that they're going to pull the same stunt in Maynooth again. Naturally my email query was ignored.

Did you get another email to go there today? I have two packages with them a couple of days and was expecting to have to go to the bus today but haven't got any notification

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

maki wrote: »
    Same with me. DPD delivered to the NI depot at 10am this morning and still no sign of it on my account.

Same here,although from chatting to them on Twitter I think it has to be scanned in Dublin before it shows on the your account.. I could be wrong though.. just a guess.

They said my packages would be in Dublin tomorrow and once they're processed I'll get a text. They're oversized boxes so hopefully there'll be less of a delay. Badly need them as they're for customers of ours..

unklerosco wrote: »
    Same here,although from chatting to them on Twitter I think it has to be scanned in Dublin before it shows on the your account.. I could be wrong though.. just a guess.

They said my packages would be in Dublin tomorrow and once they're processed I'll get a text. They're oversized boxes so hopefully there'll be less of a delay. Badly need them as they're for customers of ours..

Mine actually just appeared on my account the minute I submitted that post. Guess there's just a bit of a backlog up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Mine actually just appeared on my account the minute I submitted that post. Guess there's just a bit of a backlog up there.

Snap, mine just popped up there now... I guess I was wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Parcel Motel noob here, are all parts of the country suffering the same delays, or is it more of an issue in urban areas? TIA.

• Advertisement

glynf wrote: »
    Parcel Motel noob here, are all parts of the country suffering the same delays, or is it more of an issue in urban areas? TIA.

From what I could tell on the other thread, Dublin and Limerick seem to be the most affected.
    Galway city seems to be fine anyway; I haven't had any delays yet. I'd say rural areas should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

And just like that, mine just changed too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

From what I could tell on the other thread, Dublin and Limerick seem to be the most affected.
    Galway city seems to be fine anyway; I haven't had any delays yet. I'd say rural areas should be fine.

Hopefully I'm OK-Greystones Wicklow, though most likely lumped in with the Dubs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

On the Castletroy/Annacotty one. They've only 2 in the whole of Limerick city and by all accounts the Casteltroy one is the busiest.

They really need at least another location, suggestion being corbally topaz.

I've even taken to getting things to a Galway box when I'm working there to avoid the delays in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I'm further down the country in Kilkenny, which I didn't think was a very busy PM despite it being the only one nearby. Took almost 4 days for it to come down from Dublin for me, where it usually takes 10 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Hopefully I'm OK-Greystones Wicklow, though most likely lumped in with the Dubs :)

Ive had 2 waiting in transit since Saturday that are finally in Greystones today :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I'm in Athy, Kildare and no delays at all over December

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

I bought 4 items off adidas and they came in 2 packages, one of the packages arrived at my parcel motel locker 10 days ago though there's no sign of the other even though they've both been signed by parcel motel at the same time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement