Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Anyone know what delays are like in Carlow? Waiting on 2 parcels from the NI depot, both slipped past the 48-hour window today.

Usually have them the morning after they are checked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Does anyone know if you have two boxes in the same shipment to they get one tracking number or should there be two? I can only see one on my account..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

unklerosco wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have two boxes in the same shipment to they get one tracking number or should there be two? I can only see one on my account..

2 tracking numbers and you will be charged 2 stays

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Curses, they've only logged one.. Me thinks they'll loose and delay the second..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

I finally got my oversized package delivered to my house today. They decided to waive to the 10.50 fee for it because of the delay in getting it out to me and the delays in getting my other parcels to the lockers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Patww79 wrote: »
    I did the whole car park, went in to the Tesco building, and out the far side. Not a sign of a bus that I could see at all. It definitely wasn't beside the lockers because you wouldn't fit a bus in under the roof beside the lockers.

Sorry it wasn't right beside the lockers, if your standing facing the lockers turn to your right and walk around the corner there and the bus was there at the entrance to where I think it's an o2 shop is.

I went right up to the lockers and was a parcel motel sheet covering a bit of the screen with an arrow in pen pointing to the bus.

You wouldn't know it was a parcel motel bus until you walked right up to the door of it, was an old 00 reg white bus.

One of my parcels was put in the locker there tonight though so hopefully the congestion is freeing up a bit in maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Anyone having problems with Dolphins Barn? I ordered two things on Amazon last week. One dispatched before the other. I had my parcelmotel set to Navan Road and that was delivered within 48hrs but I'm still waiting on the other one thats due to go to Dolphins Barn.

One of my packages is now down as ready for collection.. Took 13hrs from delivery to the text... Not too bad. Now if only I could fine out where the second package is!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Anyone having problems with Dolphins Barn? I ordered two things on Amazon last week. One dispatched before the other. I had my parcelmotel set to Navan Road and that was delivered within 48hrs but I'm still waiting on the other one thats due to go to Dolphins Barn.

Yep! Major delays on deliveries to Dolphins Barn, now waiting for 5 parcels and all are marked as In Transit, one is In Transit since the 13th and the rest since the 16th. Have also been left waiting 3 days for previous parcels.

I think the main issue is the availability of boxes and people leaving their parcels for the full 48 hours before collecting which is of course jamming up the boxes for everyone else.

I do think that Parcel Motel need to upgrade their system so that they recognise when one person has multiple parcels so that they can all be delivered together. My parcels are all fairly small so would all fit in the same box and they could charged per parcel rather than per box. Mine are all arriving one at a time which is quite irritating when I have a queue of parcels waiting.

Think they should also restrict the 'hire' time from 48hrs to 24hrs for the Christmas period so as to force people to collect them faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Can confirm no delays in Galway city. Parcel checked in up North at 6pm yesterday, arrived in my local PM at 6am this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

Totally agree - also think any boardies out there that rec parcel should collect as soon as possible it might help speed up the backlogs in saying that i use PM quiet a lot and wouldnt have routed some of my parcels via PM in the last few days if I had known about the backlogs - PM should have txt people to let them know about the delays, now I'll be sweating on a few arrivals to come before the xmas!

Ive 4 intransit one since 13th - waiting to come to Cork - fingers and toes crossed all will arrive before next Tuesday when I head home for Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

maki wrote: »
    Can confirm no delays in Galway city. Parcel checked in up North at 6pm yesterday, arrived in my local PM at 6am this morning.

Similar service in Longford, North yesterday am, dublin yesterday pm and stored in locker by 2am. Very happy with service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Collected one oversized box today... No sign of the other one, not on their system.. I've proof of delivery that they got both at the same time yesterday, how they weren't both scanned in together is beyond me....

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Has anyone heard anything about the goatstown parcel motel?
    I have 2 parcels in transit for there one since the 15th and the other from yesterday. Just wondering if maybe i should get them sent elsewhere. I can get them collected in limerick also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

unklerosco wrote: »
    Collected one oversized box today... No sign of the other one, not on their system.. I've proof of delivery that they got both at the same time yesterday, how they weren't both scanned in together is beyond me....

Keep badgering them about it. An oversized parcel of mine went missing too. I kept hounding them and 5 minutes after my last e-mail to them it suddenly turned up in my account

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

I see they have a 48hrs warning now which is a change of their t&c, my parcel for Cabra topaz was logged at 13.30 yesterday and if I don't have a pin by 13.30 today i'll be badgering them for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

They have FINALLY confirmed to me just a few moments ago that they have indeed lost my package. Extremely pi$$ed off!

I ordered two items on Black Friday as Christmas presents, which were checked into PM in Antrim on 02 December. I have been on to them constantly for at least the last week trying to get updates and explanations but they just kept fobbing me off saying they were searching the warehouse and would "get back to me shortly"...."within a few hours"...."later today"......and they never did any time. So frustrating! So 16 days it took for them to confirm it was lost!

The two items total was over €100 so PMs liability won't cover all of my order. And it could take up to 30 days apparently to process my claim!

Also as I bought them on Black Friday I can't get them at the same prices now. They are a lot more expensive, and who knows if they will arrive on time for Christmas.

Between losing the cost of the package in excess of their €100 liability, and ordering replacements at higher prices, I'm losing out on approx €80. €180 until they get around to refunding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Still waiting, now more than 10 days for one parcel. Average 5-6 days for others. I would advise everyone to avoid Parcel Motel like the plague from now until mid Jan. Regular post will be much quicker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

So who's waiting the longest?
    My parcel was checked in 10 days ago and has been in transit 9 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Casey78 wrote: »
    Signed for 10 days ago, in transit 9 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

No delay in Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Any delays in Drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

Hi,

Parcel motel took payment of €3.95 today at 11.50

18/12/2014 11:50 Card Purchase €3.95 €3.95
    18/12/2014 11:50 Credit Use -€3.95€0.00

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

Hi all...

Parcel motel took payment of €3.95 from my card today at 11.50 .... does this mean I should expect to receive a text from them today? My package was in Antrim on 16 December at 7.03am...I am waiting for deliver to Castlebar.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Hi all...

Parcel motel took payment of €3.95 from my card today at 11.50 .... does this mean I should expect to receive a text from them today? My package was in Antrim on 16 December at 7.03am...I am waiting for deliver to Castlebar.

Thanks

Website currently states wait up to 48 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Hi all...

Thanks

No just means they have received it. Now it has to get sorted and sent to your local motel. Which if motel is full (that's usually excuse they give) it will then be sent back to depot until more space at the motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Any delays in Drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ivorb

Casey78 wrote: »

I have a parcel 8 days in transit, due at Sandyford Bizquip. I've received 3 parcels since this one was checked in and I reckon the waiting time is around 3 or 4 days. Which makes me think my 8 day parcel is lost.

Looking at some of the vans that deliver to Parcel Motel in the last couple weeks, its clear they've hired a lot of contractors who are probably inexperienced. I think this could be the reason for some of the lost parcels, and mistakes made with the boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got a text to say I'd be able to collect my parcel from the bus between 4 -8pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement