Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Contacted them on twitter and they blatently refused to give me an answer. They're happy enough to take our money and provide a terrible service. But guess what Parcel Motel…… Half your customers will be looking elsewhere from now on. Your reputation has gone well down!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I got a text to say I'd be able to collect my parcel from the bus between 4 -8pm.

Where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Casey78 wrote: »
    Where is that?

Dolphin's Barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aaron-

Anyone else experiencing delays with PM in Maxol Newbridge?
    On day 3 of In Transit myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

My package arrived with the Parcel Motel yesterday (17th) and this afternoon along with the usual notification, I got this email:
    Hi there

As you have a parcel due to go to the Parcel Motel at Dolphin's Barn Maxol today, we wanted to let you know that due to seasonal demand, we are currently experiencing congestion at this location.

The good news is that in order to avoid any delays with your delivery, the Parcel Motel Tour Bus will be arriving at Dolphins Barn Maxol this evening (Thursday 18th December) between 4pm and 8pm with your parcel on board! All you have to do is turn up with your PMID and our staff will have your parcel ready for you to collect. The bus will be parked beside the Parcel Motel unit.

If you can't make it this evening, don't worry, your parcel will be stored as soon as possible in the Parcel Motel at Dolphins Barn Maxol.

Thanks

The Parcel Motel Team

I've just collected my parcel from the the bus.

No problems, no delays. The bus is jammers with parcels, they're obviously doing a roaring trade but looks like they've sorted the delay thing as long as you can get there between 4 and 8 (at my depot anyway, maybe the times change around the place).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Item checked in 16 December @ 17.45 - just got a text to say it's ready for collection at Newlands Cross PM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

My parcel which I've been waiting 10 days for has been signed back into the Parcel Motel depot in Finglas.
    It's not an oversized parcel either. It was never delivered to a parcel motel locker either.
    So it looks like after waiting 10 days I am now at the back of the queue again as it's not even in transit anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Has something changed about payment? I just got a mail saying I don't have sufficient credit, even though my Visa has been registered with them for ages and have used PM many times, most recent was last week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Got both my packages today, one this morn and one this afternoon.. Just over 24hrs to get everything sorted, one happy camper... Was waiting on it to finish up for Christmas, done and done... Time for beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Not looking good for me. My parcel arrived in Belfast 13 days ago, finally got through on the phone this morning and it can't be located

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

im waiting on 5 at the moment in-transit - all in belfast one since the 13th, if I dont get a txt by morning ill have to chase up on it but not looking good. PM is ballincollig - noticing a slight 2/3 day delay so fingers crossed ill have alot to collect in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I got my last 3 today in Sligo. Phew. Good luck to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Got mine yesterday to Kimmage Topaz station.. was Received by NI depot on the 11th so 6 days to get down and into the locker.. Gotta send an item back now so wonder do I go with them or someone else..

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Somebody was asking about Sandyford earlier today.

My package:

- Arrived in Belfast Monday morning.
    - Checked into Dublin Tuesday morning.
    - Arrived in Sandyford Biz Quip this evening

They have been very responsive over Twitter with me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They really should have a more descriptive status than InTransit, especially if it's just stuck in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Casey78 wrote: »
    My parcel which I've been waiting 10 days for has been signed back into the Parcel Motel depot in Finglas.
    It's not an oversized parcel either. It was never delivered to a parcel motel locker either.
    So it looks like after waiting 10 days I am now at the back of the queue again as it's not even in transit anymore.

Happened to me. I was tracking item as signed for by parcel motel but no sign of it. Phoned and turns out item was received but while my invoice from ebay had correct shipping address it didn't transcribe properly onto the shipping label . PM couldn't match it up to my PMD number.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

I've a parcel in transit since this evening anyone know if I'd be able to collect from finglas instead.cos kinda need it for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Got three packages through Parcel Motel to Cork Leitrim St this week, all were down within 24 hours from Newtownabbey.

There just one more laptop I'm waiting on now that should be delivered to Newtownabbey tomorrow or Saturday. Here's hoping they don't let me down now!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

I finally received one of my packages today after 6 days in transit
    Grand Canal Dock is my usual PM but it was delivered to Maxol Ringsend Rd as an overflow

Still waiting on 2 more packages to be delivered... One i can live without... the other i need by 14.00 tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Ordered from Amazon last Saturday, scanned at depot at lunchtime yesterday, in Parcel Motel Castleknock by 7am this morning. Relieved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ivorb

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    Somebody was asking about Sandyford earlier today.

My package:

- Arrived in Belfast Monday morning.
    - Checked into Dublin Tuesday morning.
    - Arrived in Sandyford Biz Quip this evening

They have been very responsive over Twitter with me

Looks like Sandyford maybe freeing up a bit.
    - Two parcels arrived in Belfast Wednesday morning
    - Both arrived Sandyford Bizquip Thursday night

I still have one outstanding that arrived Belfast on 9th and in transit since 10th, but me thinks that's lost, and need to chase up a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ivorb

I've a parcel in transit since this evening anyone know if I'd be able to collect from finglas instead.cos kinda need it for tomorrow

No, unfortunately only oversized parcels can be picked up from Finglas. If they did allow depot pickups, they would probably have a lot more happy customers by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Their website appears to be down at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

They seem to be operating a Last in First out system.

I have three parcels checked in, one on 15th one on 16th and one on 17th. Got a notification today to say the one from the 17th is ready for collection.

They're a joke. Just checking my account yesterday I've used the service about a hundred times over the last couple of years but this is the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Picked up my remaining parcels from the bus in Dolphins barn and although it took 5 days for some of them, I am still pretty happy with the service. I think a lot of courier companies experienced major delays because of the black Friday sales. I was waiting on a parcel from the UK being shipped by Yodel to Parcel Motel and it was missing in action for almost 13 days until Yodel finally admitted they could not cope with the amount of parcels after Black Friday. As I said previously, I think a lot of the fault here lies with people leaving their parcels too long before they collect them and I personally think Parcel Motel dealt with this fairly well by laying on of the buses. I have used their services for hundreds of parcels (Ebay Addict!) and have always been very happy with the service provided. I am not going to jump ship just because of this which in my opinion was really out of their control.

how best is it to log and query when the parcel is over 48 hours in transit have rec'd ones now that were rec'd after the 2 im waiting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sharw7

Does anybody know if I can change where my parcel gets delivered too? Can I reroute it to another parcel motel in a different county e.g my father's?

Received my text last night after waiting 3 days staring at "In Transit". Hopefully when I go to pick it up This evening it's not an empty box!
    Didn't think the Newbridge PM was that busy, but there you go.

dockc wrote: »
    how best is it to log and query when the parcel is over 48 hours in transit have rec'd ones now that were rec'd after the 2 im waiting on.

People have been saying that they are most responsive on Twitter

• Advertisement

Aaron- wrote: »
    People have been saying that they are most responsive on Twitter

twitted them last nite so there on the case this morning - fingers and toes crossed now they can find them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement