Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

swampy353 wrote: »
    If you go to parcelmotel.com and pre register for the service that launches tomorrow you get 3 free drops at the parcel motel. Also it allows you to get items delivered to an address in the north for any sites that will only do uk delivery or have ridiculous postage charges outside the uk
    Thanks for the post, I only had one problem when it came to registration via mobile phone
    I have one but I have no reception where I live so I had to get in the car and drive off some 4 miles to get reception, after that no problems, great post as I do order a lot of stuff from the UK which gives free delivery to a uk address, I'm over the moon . Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Amouar wrote: »
    Do you guys think a laptop would fit the size guidelines?

Wouldn't fit the value guidelines, liability is limited to €100 so if you chance it and it goes walkabout, tough ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

There shoudnt be a problem with you completing the registration at a later point, also you may be able to send a text to a landline for registration. Off topic, but good god you need to get a phone that works!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

just signed up and am 7 in credit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea 7e credit, so good for 2 free drops

pass one of these setups in and out of work everyday, stopped at one point to check wtf it was :P

will certainly be using it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Would you still be liable for VAT or excise duties from deliveries from non EU countries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Would you still be liable for VAT or excise duties from deliveries from non EU countries?
    Good question. Technically you should be but when I ordered from Amazon they didn't add the extra VAT as they usually do because the delivery address was within the UK. Maybe the very low ceiling on the value of goods makes it uneconomic to collect but it's something to tease out. People who have ordered from deliverme.ie would probably have an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭bren2001

You would be liable for import duty, why wouldn't you be? Your still ordering into Ireland just redirecting it through their UK sorting office. Your still liable for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

While its a great idea and something I'll probably use be aware that their terms and conditions limit their liability:
    Our Liability howsoever arising and notwithstanding that the cause of any theft, loss or damage be explained or unexplained shall not exceed:
    a) The replacement value of any goods or merchandise stolen, lost or damaged OR
    b) EUR €100 (one hundred euro) whichever shall be the least

Fine for most things but maybe not for expensive items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Grand job, €7 credit. So that's two free deliveries from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Seems like a genuinely innovative service alright; kudos to them.

They're also planning on a nationwide roll-out with 400 parcel motels and 50 new jobs over the next 1-2 years:

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/careers/item/28276-nightline-to-invest-5m-in/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Any of you Dubs on here, if you're passing these depots would you mind taking a picture of them. Nothing more than being curious at what they look like, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

double GG wrote: »
    Any of you Dubs on here, if you're passing these depots would you mind taking a picture of them. Nothing more than being curious at what they look like, that's all.

you can find them here http://twitter.com/#!/NightlineIRL/media/grid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I asked them what happens if, say, there are 20 lockers in a location and 25 people order stuff to that location. Haven't heard back yet. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

An answer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Thanks op, I've put in an order, I'll report back how it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Handy for shipping items that Amazon don't ship to Ireland too eg. Perfumes, Eau de Toilette
    Actually no they don't ship to NI either!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

The site gives me an error every time i enter a mobile phone number.

Never mind, worked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Wossack

I asked them what happens if, say, there are 20 lockers in a location and 25 people order stuff to that location. Haven't heard back yet. Am I missing something?

I presume they'll just stagger them, and treat them as first come, first served. I believe the items are only kept in the lockers for 24 (48?) hours before they're removed, and maybe only collectable from the depot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

So you don't even have to tell them when your ordering something ? Just give your PMID to wherever you ordering from and they'll let you know when they receive the parcel ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

From their T&C:

"Our Liability howsoever arising and notwithstanding that the cause of any theft, loss or damage be explained or unexplained shall not exceed:
    a) The replacement value of any goods or merchandise stolen, lost or damaged OR
    b) EUR €100 (one hundred euro) whichever shall be the least"

This means that sending expensive electronic devices is not a good idea, especially that there will be no refund in case of a damage from the seller since this was handed to an intermediate delivery company (in this case parcel motel ), and the max that can be claimed from parcel motel is 100€ .

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Amouar wrote: »
    This means that sending expensive electronic devices is not a good idea, especially that there will be no refund in case of a damage from the seller since this was handed to an intermediate delivery company (in this case parcel motel ), and the max that can be claimed from parcel motel is 100€ .

What do you think?

Think you are correct. Think I'd probably risk it though!
    So you don't even have to tell them when your ordering something ? Just give your PMID to wherever you ordering from and they'll let you know when they receive the parcel ?

Correct.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

just signed up.. use the take money when service is used option.. no free credit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

didnt see any credit. did i miss the cut-off? tried to register my cc but it wouldnt let me. so used the alternative instead. no credit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

emo72 wrote: »
    didnt see any credit. did i miss the cut-off?

I signed up about 15 min ago, then logged into my account 7 yoyos in credit,,sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

Thanks OP.
    Great idea, hope they do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Tried signing up yesterday but my Irish phone for verification is at home & I'm in London so I can't complete registration.

Emailed them but they didn't reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I didn't see pricing anywhere on the website, we're just all under the assumption that it is €3.50 based on the €7 credit received after signing up...

Given that there's three size lockers:
    • Standard (small) 8 X 38 X 64 cm (Ideal for books, DVDs or CDs)
    • Executive (medium)19 X 38 X 64 cm (For items such as clothing and footwear)
    • Suite (large) 41 X 38 X 64 cm (For larger items such as small kitchen appliances and games consoles)

I would have thought the bigger the locker the more expensive the stay? I hope I'm wrong but the way I picked it up was that the two free drops are for standard size parcels only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Great Idea, but any one else concerned that they are on the street....

Few lads after few beers rambling home with nothing better to do...

Bish..Bash..Bosh

Loadsa freebies ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭bren2001

Great Idea, but any one else concerned that they are on the street....

Few lads after few beers rambling home with nothing better to do...

Bish..Bash..Bosh

Loadsa freebies ?

I imagine they are built to withstand a lot of damage. I know my local one is on a main road, somebody would hear and see them do it, its also two minutes from the local Garda station.

Its not anything innovative, this has been running in Poland for a while now and works perfectly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement