Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Just in case you're not aware of it if ordering directly from amazon (and not their 3rd party sellers) any order over £25 is eligible for free super saver delivery to Ireland. You just have to select it at the shipping option.

Everythin except eletronics. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

Can i just say a big thanks to orla and the parcel motel gang,shows what a bit of customer service can go a long way,pity other comoanys wouldnt take a leave out of your book,thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

What do you guys think would happen if I tried to have a mattress delivered to the NI address? Would they accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

DylanII wrote: »
    What do you guys think would happen if I tried to have a mattress delivered to the NI address? Would they accept it?

Good question. Let me sleep on it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Good question. Let me sleep on it :-)

You sprung that one on us....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

As far as I can tell, it doesn't really mattress what it is, as long as it's not in their prohibited items list, and you are willing to pay as per the 'dimensional weight'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

http://dealseu.ebay.co.uk/

A site to keep an eye on if you have access to parcel motel lockers... all free postage to uk but all to often postage is £12 or something to Ireland, or unavailable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221120599462?item=221120599462

seems like good value at a quick glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

Collecting my 7th parcel today.
    Great service and customer care!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

http://dealseu.ebay.co.uk/

A site to keep an eye on if you have access to parcel motel lockers... all free postage to uk but all to often postage is £12 or something to Ireland, or unavailable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221120599462?item=221120599462

seems like good value at a quick glance.

That printer won't send to Northern Ireland

Anyone any tips for when buying off amazon etc to get the best possible price.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Just Joined. (From A Fed Ex employee :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jibberjive

Loving Parcel Motel, great service & I won a PS3 :D:D:D

Thank you, thank you, thank you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭konline

Great Service. Thank you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Loving Parcel Motel, great service & I won a PS3

My one went on the blink today. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

That printer won't send to Northern Ireland

Ah right sorry about that! just had a glance as I said as I can't get to a locker handily myself! Used to check that site daily when I'd a girlfriend in Belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My first order a few weeks ago went fine but my second attempted use of Parcel Motel appears to have gone awry. According to DHL my package was delivered to Parcel Motel last Thursday but I haven't heard anything. Only thing I can think of is that the name I put in got cut off because it was too long, I put in "Firstname Surname Parcel Motel MyPMID" but even then then they should be able to figure out who I am based on my full name name??

I've contacted them now to see what the story is?

Well it turns out I was right and my PM ID did get cut off from the address section. I probably should of just put in the PM ID instead of trying to fit my name in too. I'm still a little paranoid about not have my name on the package though! Anyway Orla sorted me out big time, the package was oversized so they delivered it to my house free of charge and on top of that they credited me back my €3.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

fiacha wrote: »
    I've had my first GOTCHA with this type of service today. No fault of ParceMotel, just something for people to be aware of.

A company I ordered from last week sent out a catalog and invoice separately. So that's €7 to receive a couple of letters :) Luckily I got free postage on a fairly big UK order so it was still cheaper than posting direct to my home address.

Not junk mail as such, their system automatically spits out a catalog to new customer addresses.

So, remember to tick the "Do not contact me" or equivalent option when setting up your PM address on sites.
    I've also started emailing the sites, asking them to contact me before sending the order in more than one package.

F.

I wonder is there any way to ask Parcel Motel if they can come up with an option where you let them dispose of anything they would consider junk mail? i.e. catalogues and such.

I have a package waiting for me which I won't get to till later but I have a feeling it is a catalogue because the only thing I've ordered recently isn't due for another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I've used my 2 free visits do I want to buy 3 credits.
    When I go to checkout I have to add new billing address.

The first line to fill out is ' address title '
    What do u put in there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

iggy wrote: »
    I've used my 2 free visits do I want to buy 3 credits.
    When I go to checkout I have to add new billing address.

The first line to fill out is ' address title '
    What do u put in there ?

anything thing you want... it's your nickname for your address... ie. 'Home' 'Work' 'Parents'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I wonder is there any way to ask Parcel Motel if they can come up with an option where you let them dispose of anything they would consider junk mail? i.e. catalogues and such.

I have a package waiting for me which I won't get to till later but I have a feeling it is a catalogue because the only thing I've ordered recently isn't due for another couple of weeks.

Yea that would be a good idea, if I start getting junk mail through it and charged for it then I will be cancelling my account with them!

I don't like this parcel motel service as i'm now skint from ordering stuff just to use it,lol but i know have nice new shiny things to play with :D

Great service

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Yea that would be a good idea, if I start getting junk mail through it and charged for it then I will be cancelling my account with them!

I doubt they could do it without exposing themselves to a world of grief. Not all catalogs come in clear packaging, so they could easily be binning something that is actually wanted.

I have emailed all the companies I have used with my PM address, and asked them not to send any invoices / catalogs etc to it. I explained that I was charged for every item received there.

They have all responded positively, so I can now try stinging them for the PM charge if they send me any junk :D

On a side note, some of the newbies might find this video useful. It covers a lot of the questions that keep popping up here.

Trying to order something now from asda but its asking for valid uk phone number and unsure what to use as it won't accept my irish number.Do you think i could put the depots number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I'm trying to order something from eBay uk.
    I have added my parcel motel address to my eBay account and have made it my primary postage address.
    When I go 'pay now ' it directs me to my Paypal which won't let me change delivery address.
    I tried to open a UK PayPal account but it wont let me add my card as its in use with Paypal already.
    I've tried to search the thread but can't find a definite answer.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I have added my parcel motel address to my eBay account and have made it my primary postage address.
    When I go 'pay now ' it directs me to my Paypal which won't let me change delivery address.
    I tried to open a UK PayPal account but it wont let me add my card as its in use with Paypal already.
    Thanks

Read my previous post here about that.

Thanks

I have used ebay uk few times and all i did was add Parcel motel address but i didn't set it as primary,maybe this is why as paypal knows it's not your primary address

I have used ebay uk few times and all i did was add Parcel motel address but i didn't set it as primary,maybe this is why as paypal knows it's not your primary address

sorry just checked my ebay and it is set as primary but still haven't had problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Orla from Parcel Motel here (I'm official now :)
    Most companies allow you to opt out of receiving junk mail or promotional material. We'd recommend you opt out of this when using your Parcel Motel address.

• Advertisement

Orla from Parcel Motel here (I'm official now :)
    Most companies allow you to opt out of receiving junk mail or promotional material. We'd recommend you opt out of this when using your Parcel Motel address.

Hi orla can you reveal any of the new locations coming soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement