Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I actually think the bus service they are doing is really good. They obviously didn't realise the demand was going to be greatly higher than last year. I collected my parcel at about 7.30 yesterday (bus was there from 4-8) and the bus was still packed with packages.

Even if they did realise the demand was going to be higher I'm not sure what else they could have done. They only have so many lockers and obviously they are all being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aaron-

The service has definitely gotten a lot more popular since last year.
    I only hope that they use this added revenue to place more pickup points which will in turn relieve some backlog in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm sure if the business overall would justify it, they could get a number of mobile trailer lockers manufactured that could be plugged into existing lockers and used where and when needed to accommodate peak time requirements. It would be a very flexible solution & they could remove wheels and jack them just like the electronic road signs to keep them securely in place. They could even be stocked at the Depot & towed to the desired location prepacked.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

11 days they've had my parcel now. 22 hours ago the status changed to "Package loaded on delivery van". I'm guessing the van slipped into a black hole on the way to the motel. This was after being "in transit" for 9 days. The statuses are meaningless really.

I'm waiting on 4 packages, here are the delays - so far:

3 days
    4 days
    6 days
    11 days

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Got a text and email saying I can collect at the nightline depot in little Island due to congestion at Mahon point parcel motel in cork. Lucky it's my day off that I can make my way out there. Am waiting on 3 parcels so hopefully they have all 3! Not sure if this was sent out to all people awaiting parcels in mahon point or just in response to me contacting them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Help!

Got an email from them yesterday saying they received a parcel with my name by no PMID. I'm assuming that Amazon messed it up, as I've done that order a hundred times now. So I filled out the parcel description form, but I'm really paranoid about it now (it's expensive and a present). What's the best way to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I used parcel motel for the first time last week, no problems at all picked up my parcel. got a text 2 days later saying another parcel had arrived, went to collect that (had ordered something else but wasn't sure if I had given my PM address )and it was a child's toy, my name and PMID was on one side and on the other side was the same name and a different PMID. Well nightline collected it from me yesterday, hope it gets to the correct owner !! :(

Oh and I have been charged for the pleasure of it. They credited my account with a refund!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Help!

Got an email from them yesterday saying they received a parcel with my name by no PMID. I'm assuming that Amazon messed it up, as I've done that order a hundred times now. So I filled out the parcel description form, but I'm really paranoid about it now (it's expensive and a present). What's the best way to contact them?

Facebook/twitter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Still service as normal in Athy, had an item checked in to them last night and less than 22 hours, it's in my local.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Anyone have any idea what this means?

Mon 15 Dec 16:25 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Thu 18 Dec 11:55 Head Office Package location scan

Does that mean its on its way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Parcel arrived to Antrim yesterday, got the text this morning to say it's in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

mac.in wrote: »
    Facebook/twitter
    I sent them a message on FB, will see how it goes. Really paranoid now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I got a text message saying my account balance is insufficient. My credit card details were out of date. I've updated them now. Does anyone know if my parcel will sit there in limbo until somebody tries to process it again? I've emailed parcel motel but not expecting them to reply until Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It appears this year is really testing them. I hear they are processing 8K per day through Mygan Park Depot. That said, I've a parcel that was received 3 days ago and I was told on 2 separate days that it was "out with the driver".

Clonsilla locker is one of their busiest. I get it. They're out the door. But better group comms via email would not go astray and if it's buried it the depot, just tell me that FFS, instead of repeatedly telling me its on its way to the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I've been waiting on a delivery now since the 15th :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

im waiting to send two parcels but they cant be processed due to people not collecting items, all the moaning about people waiting for stuff, and then my motel is full

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

all the moaning about people waiting for stuff, and then my motel is full

Both symptoms of the same problem - backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I just logged on to post a query to their help desk and saw that it says their opening hours on Monday to Friday is 8am - 7pm but I go to start a chat and it says they're offline and I'm to leave a message. Christmas party night for the help desk do you think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Yessss!!!! After almost 12 days I have finally got a text to say my parcel has arrived in Adamstown!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ivorb

I just logged on to post a query to their help desk and saw that it says their opening hours on Monday to Friday is 8am - 7pm but I go to start a chat and it says they're offline and I'm to leave a message. Christmas party night for the help desk do you think?

Their online support chat hasn't been online much the last two days, from what I saw. I had two chats with them earlier in the week and it appeared they were just repeating the tracking info I could see on my account. No help at all really, and in the end they told me to telephone the customer agents for more information. If they are offline and you leave a message, they don't reply.

Twitter/Facebook seems to be a better way to get a response. Whether the response is accurate or helpful is another matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They were on the 6.01 News tonight too. Not a lot said other than they're flat out trying to cope with the backlog.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Anyone get a text about collecting from bus from either castletroy or goatstown tomorrow?

I Just got a text saying my parcel is on the bus and can be collected 2-5 tomorrow. However I changed my locker location yesterday because of the delay and received a new parcel today. I had 2 queued for goatstown So now I have no idea which location the bus is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Anyone get a text about collecting from bus from either castletroy or goatstown tomorrow?

I Just got a text saying my parcel is on the bus and can be collected 2-5 tomorrow. However I changed my locker location yesterday because of the delay and received a new parcel today. I had 2 queued for goatstown So now I have no idea which location the bus is at.

Check your email, it states the location in the email they send out along with the text

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Check your email, it states the location in the email they send out along with the text

Unfortunately the emails don't seem to be working. I haven't received one yet. Fingers crossed one comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BarneyThomas

I got what i thought was my package in parcel motel today only to collect it and bring it home and it was a chromebook.

Its obviously not my order.
    I tried to call Parcel motel and no answer.
    Im off on a flight first thing in the morning and wont be back til the new year. Nobody to collect this chromebook. so it will be sitting in my house until parcel motel get their act together after christmas and come to collect it..

Somebody expecting a chromebook for Christmas, now wont have it by Christmas.

Wheres my order. I am now missing a Christmas present for someone that i wont be getting before Christmas too.

So glad I found out about parcel connect. I never even knew they existed until I read through this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 by the curragh

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the emails don't seem to be working. I haven't received one yet. Fingers crossed one comes!

Likewise, I'm getting texts but not emails. Seems the standard box size stuff is undelayed, but anything bigger is a disaster (5 days now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

44 hours. It's 3.95 for a 48 stay in a locker

So, after repeatedly telling them that I was leaving Dublin Friday evening & needed my package before then, I got a text this morn, Saturday, that my parcel in in the locker.
    In Dublin, while I have left.
    I
    I'm not sure how I could have explained this anymore clearly to them.
    I went out of my way to give them solutions, but they kept telling me it's on the way.

I can't even pick it up now, & it's keeping a locker full so someone else's parcel can't be left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BarneyThomas

bubblypop wrote: »
    So, after repeatedly telling them that I was leaving Dublin Friday evening & needed my package before then, I got a text this morn, Saturday, that my parcel in in the locker.
    In Dublin, while I have left.
    I
    I'm not sure how I could have explained this anymore clearly to them.
    I went out of my way to give them solutions, but they kept telling me it's on the way.

I can't even pick it up now, & it's keeping a locker full so someone else's parcel can't be left.

Same here. I asked them to tell me if they wouldnt have it, so i could get another present before i left Dublin. It arrived in Newry ages ago.
    They never bothered and now i have left Dublin.
    They are awful to deal with. You really see how good customer service is when its under pressure and parcel motel have failed at every level.
    I certainly wont be using them again, now that i see there is an alternative.

Parcelmotel have effectively done parcelconnects marketing for them. Nobody i have spoken to knew there was any such service as parcel connect before now. Now they do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement