Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Still waiting on 3 parcels:

12 days
    5+ days
    4+ days

Just noticed that all 3 have this code, "Package location scan", which is under the "Problem / Delayed delivery" heading here:

http://www.nightline-delivers.com/info/SmartShipUserGuide2010.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GMEG

On the 5 Dec 2014 I ordered a parcel that Parcel Motel received on the 16 Dec 2014 @ 2pm. I rang them on the 19th and they said there was a "backlog" and that I should receive it today or tomorrow (i.e. the 19th or 20th).

On the 15th of Dec I ordered a second item online, Parcel Motel received this on the 19th Dec. I received this from the locker on the 20th Dec (the next day).

I don't understand how they receive my second parcel three days after my first, and decide to give me my second parcel and "hang on" to my first parcel for the laugh!?!

They've had had my 1st parcel for four days now and its 4pm so its not going to arrive today either.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY PARCEL???????!!!!!!

I've been charged 3.95 for the parcel and an additional 1 euro for being put on hold for 5 minutes, when in the end, all you did was LIE TO ME. There's no point ringing again (BTW they don't even put their number on the service page!!!) as they will just lie again, "oh ya it'll come today or tomorrow" - yea right!.

So in other words I've paid Parcel Motel 4.95 to DELAY the arrival of my parcel by 4 days (4 days so far, it may never even arrive). Thanks very much, great business product you have there...

"PARCEL MOTEL - PAY US TO DELAY THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR PARCEL"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 by the curragh

Well for me surprise and relief, ParcelMotel suddenly unbunged itself and everything I have been waiting on the last week and relying on turned up today, even one large box item that only arrived in Belfast yesterday. It's changed me from a frustrated customer to a happy one, once the parcels eventually arrive before they are required, it becomes immaterial how long the wait was. I'll be sticking with them in the hope they learn from this , but next Christmas I'll be ordering earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

picked up my parcel from van in Dolphins Barn, happy with service but think i should pick some other location.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Chopper Dave

Went to the bus in Blackrock today. Got all my stuff so I'm relatively happy. But I was really surprised at the amount of parcels and people there. They'll never get them in and out of the lockers ahead of Christmas unless this bus system works for people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Tis frickin ridiculous. I've had 2 parcels that I've been waiting on for nearly a week now. Just got one today (the one that arrived second) but no sign of the first parcel yet. FFS. This is ridiculous. I can't understand why they don't provide this bus service to more locations. no way to run a bloody business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BlossomRose

Just wanted to say I have had 7 packages with parcel motel over the past 2 weeks and I have recieved them all. Yes, some of them took a couple of days longer than normal but I am quite happy with the service. Infact I recieved one today which only arrived in Belfast yesterday. I can understand peoples frustration but I just wanted to share my positive experience. I am based in dublin btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

Mine showed up on the the site (mygan parcel depot) at 11am Friday. Got scanned at head office at 12.15pm Saturday and it was in my motel in Sandyford on Saturday 8.20pm. Very comfortably under 48 hours.

Nothing was mentioned on my account about the parcel being loaded on delivery van (which usually happens).

To anyone worried, there are still many deliveries being made on time and the company do seem to be doing all they can to accommodate us. I have one more parcel that is to arrive in antrim on Monday morning. If I get it by Christmas I'll be amazed. I cannot blame them if it doesn't arrive. It's Christmas, it's busy, if it's a day or two late that's the way it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I've been waiting since 4th December when my parcel was received in Belfast.

Despite several phone calls, and several messages exchanged by social media channels, no nearer to resolving the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Patww79 wrote: »
    Maynooth has a bus from 10am to 5pm tomorrow, not sure which others.

Wasn't aware if I missed the pick up I would be charged for it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

picked up parcel from 17th at cabra topaz bus this morning. parcel that arrived yesterday not on bus. not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Got my 12-day and 4-day delayed parcels, finally (sent to 2 different motels). Still waiting on a 6+ day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

I'm looking to order a battery for a laptop off Amazon and may need it delivered to NI first then to Dublin, how likely would i be to get it before Thursday if i ordered tonight? I have a prime trial if that makes a difference. It wouldn't be a disaster if i didn't get it before then tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Trilla90 wrote: »
    I'm looking to order a battery for a laptop off Amazon and may need it delivered to NI first then to Dublin, how likely would i be to get it before Thursday if i ordered tonight? I have a prime trial if that makes a difference. It wouldn't be a disaster if i didn't get it before then tbh

I wouldn't be optimistic about your chances. I ordered a laptop battery via eBay, it was posted Royal Mail 1st class on 11 December, checked into Parcel Motel on 16 December and delivered to Newlands Cross PM on 18 December. The combination of the Christmas post and PM's backlog realistically means you haven't much chance of getting it this side of Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

I wouldn't be optimistic about your chances. I ordered a laptop battery via eBay, it was posted Royal Mail 1st class on 11 December, checked into Parcel Motel on 16 December and delivered to Newlands Cross PM on 18 December. The combination of the Christmas post and PM's backlog realistically means you haven't much chance of getting it this side of Christmas

no worries i thought as much, can just leave it plugged into wall for now

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

Does anyone know which locations are backed-up.
    I am expecting a package tomorrow and have the choice of 2 locations. Athlone and Roscommon. I'm wondering which location to opt for.
    Is there a contact no. I could ring to check this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Whichever suits you. It's unlikely to have backlogs over there. Smaller town's better. :)

Example - there were no pileups in Sligo last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Have to laugh at the Christmas schedule they've put up on the website. Anything they receive by Tuesday afternoon will be delivered in time for Christmas? Yeah, maybe Tuesday afternoon last week would be more accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Virtanen wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the Christmas schedule they've put up on the website.

Where on the site did you see that? I can't see it even if I log in.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Been chasing them down for the past week now. Getting the run around from Twitter, Facebook and now phone calls. Apparently waiting for a phone call to locate my missing item that had arrived in the depot last Tuesday and still no sign yet. They also made a cock up with my gf's package too so we're not too impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

Been chasing them down for the past week now. Getting the run around from Twitter, Facebook and now phone calls. Apparently waiting for a phone call to locate my missing item that had arrived in the depot last Tuesday and still no sign yet. They also made a cock up with my gf's package too so we're not too impressed.

I'm still missing one that was received in Newtown on the 13th luckily enough it isn't a present

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Got 3 packages from UK over last week, all good, in the box as expected from PM, I know some people seem to be having issues but I keep having good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Virtanen wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the Christmas schedule they've put up on the website. Anything they receive by Tuesday afternoon will be delivered in time for Christmas? Yeah, maybe Tuesday afternoon last week would be more accurate

Eh no it doesn't. It says Tuesday packages will be delivered by the 29th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Eh no it doesn't. It says Tuesday packages will be delivered by the 29th.
    That's interesting, it said 12pm on Tuesday was the cut-off point earlier. I even took a screenshot to prove it, as I'm sure the package of mine they received on the 18th has no hope of arriving by Christmas, much less anything arriving this week

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Well I was quick enough to post with with my complaint last week so I said I should update with good feedback for Pm!

My parcel was checked in to Antrim just before 2 today, it had taken a while to arrive, it's one of the fabled Disney Frozen dolls for my daughter for Christmas, anyway I had more or less written it off at this stage, it took so long to arrive coupled with probably being tied up in a parcel motel depot somewhere for God knows how long.! I just got my text that it's been stored in the motel , so 8 hours give or take they got my parcel to me..I'm absolutely over the moon and thats my Christmas saved (plus my wallet having to buy another doll elsewhere!)
    I feel bad for other people waiting ages when I got mine so quickly! I had my own long wait with PM before but I must have just got lucky this time round..fingers crossed for you all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I received a parcel into Antrim on Friday, 3.95 was taken from my account when the status changed to in transit. Checked my account again today and another 3.95 was taken and the status was updated yet again to say in transit. Does this mean it was waiting to be collected and I never received any notice of this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement