Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

The website says items received by 4pm today in Newtownabbey will be down by Wednesday.

My item was signed for at 2:53pm according to Parcelforce but hasn't yet appeared on the PM website. Hopefully "received" doesn't mean "processed"...

(Mind you, Parcelforce were supposed to deliver within 48 hours. It was left at the post office in Birmingham on Tuesday afternoon last week and wasn't collected by Parcel Force until late Thursday afternoon. They did deliver within 48 hours starting from Thursday afternoon and discounting weekend but doesn't help me much now...)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

Just as an update for anyone curious about times.

I ordered two PS4 games off amazon (prime) on Friday (19th) to Antrim. The parcel was checked in at 5.30pm on Monday (22nd) and I just received a text to say it's ready for collection (1.54am 23rd). So clearly the christmas dates they posted were a guide.

I'm definitely one of the lucky ones. I've noticed no difference in speed in orders over the past 2 weeks, and I'm so impressed. My delivery motel is Maxol Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I just received a parcel that was sent sunday to a Antrim, intersting that it did not appear on pms tracker just strafhr to the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No problems here. Ordered 2 items from Amazon last week. I knew to allow 48 hours for delivery, and thought I might be cutting it fine for Christmas. Was fully prepared to get the parcels after, but much to my surprise, I've just got a text to say they're ready for pickup in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

I'm just wondering, does your package appear on the PM website as soon as it arrives in Antrim?

I ordered something from Amazon (through a third-party, UK-based) seller last week. It was dispatched on Wednesday, so I'd be fairly confident it's arrived up there (other things I ordered from UK for delivery to Dublin arrived over the weekend).

When I log in there's no sign of it, only my older orders. So I dont feel like I can chase it up with PM if I'm not 100% sure they even have it yet.

So annoyed with myself - I should've just paid the extra ROI delivery and pretty sure it would've arrived in time (its a Christmas present)! Agh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Candle wax , it does, it'll say checked in when they receive it in Antrim..A few posts have said that PM are so busy it's taking them a few days to checkin parcels, and I've seen a few posts on twitter with people asking PM to check If their parcel has been received so it cant hurt to ask imo!

Rosedust84 wrote: »
    Candle wax , it does, it'll say checked in when they receive it in Antrim..A few posts have said that PM are so busy it's taking them a few days to checkin parcels, and I've seen a few posts on twitter with people asking PM to check If their parcel has been received so it cant hurt to ask imo!

Thanks for that, I'll nudge them and ask!

Its so frustrating that they're not letting people collect directly from their Finglas depot. Seems like a no-brainer to reduce the number of packages waiting on locker space, and stop customers getting p*ssed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Totally agree!

I was lucky mine arrived last night, but I had already accepted it wouldn't arrive and I was going to buy elsewhere, mine was a gift too..! Fingers crossed you get some good luck too :)

I wonder does the fact mine arrived from Antrim to a locker in Swords in 8 hours mean the backlog is finally clearing for them? That's actually the quickest I've ever got a parcel, and I've used them so many times over the last 2 years I'd be afraid to check how much..! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dublindiehard

Guys, if you have a problem with a parcel that has "expired" maybe check the motel.

I had a parcel expire on the 8th December, and got a text that told me that it had gone back to the depot. The depot could not find it and nobody knew where it was.

Turns out the parcel has been sitting in the motel for the last 2 weeks and was never collected by the depot, despite having gone past the usual 48 hour stay by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Been chasing a missing parcel delivered to the on 19th but not checked in. Just now something has appeared on my list but worried as box looks enormous and item is not that big. Hope it is just perspective on picture and not a mix up with someone else's package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Last minuet I ordered headphones from amazonon on the 19th Dec and seeing as PM is slowing down due to Xmas madness I felt it had no chance arriving before xmas day.
    Luckily they would send to Ireland via post.
    So I had it sent by normal 'slomo' post (using free amazon delivery) Hell even the delivery times said it would be around the 2 Jan before it got anywhere near me!

Surprise, surprise! postie man knocked on the door with it this morning! No PM needed, no extra expense added and on time for xmas day! Me happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Eh no it doesn't. It says Tuesday packages will be delivered by the 29th.

Those dates were clearly only changed in the last 24 hours or so then. I'm waiting on a laptop that was delivered to Newtownabbey by DPD at 10am earlier today Was expecting it to be down to Cork for tomorrow but no chance now I'd say! I can't complain I guess, except for DPD who took from Friday last to today to send a package from Athlone to Newtownabbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Furp wrote: »
    I just received a parcel that was sent sunday to a Antrim, intersting that it did not appear on pms tracker just strafhr to the hotel.

Really? Ok maybe I'll get my item in time so without any check in information? I ordered it Monday 15th and haven't heard anything about it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭mrskinner

I ordered an item from pigsback.ie in November and no sign of it yet. No communication re delivery or tracking. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks like they have disabled commenting/posting on their facebook page. Because thats the best way to do it, stick your head in the sand :0/

I am not surprised. They made a icon13.pngpigsback!!icon13.png of my Christmas presents

Steve SI wrote: »
    Looks like they have disabled commenting/posting on their facebook page. Because thats the best way to do it, stick your head in the sand :0/
    Spotted that alright. Sent them a private message about something they've since answered on Twitter.

Basically, anything that gets delivered to the Dublin or Belfast bases today will definitely not be delivered to the boxes for tomorrow. This, I can't quite understand. In the last two weeks, I've had several items delivered to Cork within 24 hours of being signed for in Belfast. So why could not even attempt to try and keep people happy and do this today to try and get people stuff before xmas, like any other day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Those dates were clearly only changed in the last 24 hours or so then. I'm waiting on a laptop that was delivered to Newtownabbey by DPD at 10am earlier today Was expecting it to be down to Cork for tomorrow but no chance now I'd say! I can't complain I guess, except for DPD who took from Friday last to today to send a package from Athlone to Newtownabbey.

Yup it said all parcels delivered to either depot by 12pm on Tuesday would be in lockers for Xmas Day.

More lies from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Really, but I don't think my PM in navan is one of the busier ones. I checked the website last night before going to bed and it did not appear on the tracker, yet got a text at 2am to say it was the the motel.
    ripperman wrote: »
    Really? Ok maybe I'll get my item in time so without any check in information? I ordered it Monday 15th and haven't heard anything about it since.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Spotted that alright. Sent them a private message about something they've since answered on Twitter.

Basically, anything that gets delivered to the Dublin or Belfast bases today will definitely not be delivered to the boxes for tomorrow. This, I can't quite understand. In the last two weeks, I've had several items delivered to Cork within 24 hours of being signed for in Belfast. So why could not even attempt to try and keep people happy and do this today to try and get people stuff before xmas, like any other day..

They actually replied to me on this one:

Parcel Motel: Hi, if it is processed today it could go out later on but at this stage I would lean more towards it not being there. I cannot guarantee but I would say it won't be out this side of Christmas I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Steve SI wrote: »

In fairness I'd say they're mad busy trying to get everything out the door.

I've a TV that was delivered to Finglas this morning. I will have to pick it up, but I apparently I have to wait for the text before I head down.

It's really annoying because it might be after Christmas before I hear anything and it's just down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've an over-sized item sitting in the depot at the moment. The text I received says that they can deliver to my home for €10.50, but looks like there is no way of organising this on the website.
    Anybody know if there is a quick more automated way of organising this?

On hold on phone for over an hour now. could have driven out to them by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I've an over-sized item sitting in the depot at the moment. The text I received says that they can deliver to my home for €10.50, but looks like there is no way of organising this on the website.
    Anybody know if there is a quick more automated way of organising this?

On hold on phone for over an hour now. could have driven out to them by now

I organised my home delivery via DM on Twitter with no problems. Didn't even charge me the 10.50 as there was a delay in actually finding my parcel in the warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Brian017 wrote: »
    I organised my home delivery via DM on Twitter with no problems. Didn't even charge me the 10.50 as there was a delay in actually finding my parcel in the warehouse

hmm, I've managed to get this far in life without understanding the whole concept of Twitter or how to use it. I'll try Facebook maybe.
    Cheers for teh advice; might just be a lost cause before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

When did they stop allowing people to post on their Facebook page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Got my package tonight from the Ringsend Rd Maxol - it only arrived in Newtownabbey late last night so no complaints!!

If only pigsback-side were as competent!

Resigned myself to not getting my package pre-Christmas, and at this stage I'm more concerned about whether or not they even have a clue where it is.

Tweeted them, they said it appeared like package arrived with no PMID (I included it on order, of course). I gave description, but no sign. They suggested I call the main depot with a description of the package and somebody could look for it.
    Couldn't get through on phone though, of course...

Ended up going to Finglas depot and asking them directly. They searched "unidentified" oversized parcels but no sign. Package is probably borderline of "oversized" (I'm not sure the spec)

What an absolute clusterf*ck. I now have no clue where my package is - if they havent got to processing stuff in Antrim that's fine (well, not really...) but at least admit it.

Should've stuck with the *much* more reliable An Post, who have really impressed me this Christmas with the speed of deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Trilla90 wrote: »
    I'm looking to order a battery for a laptop off Amazon and may need it delivered to NI first then to Dublin, how likely would i be to get it before Thursday if i ordered tonight? I have a prime trial if that makes a difference. It wouldn't be a disaster if i didn't get it before then tbh

Well the battery arrived in locker at 12am this morning. Was pleasently suprised i didn't expect it to get here that quick i only ordered sunday night. Probably a combination of living in Dublin and the prime trial i had helped it get here that quick or maybe i just got lucky. I know some people are having issues getting parcels lately but i have to say I've ordered 50+ items through PM and never had any issues, its a great service imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Whiteladder

Seriously bad service from them at the minute. I have a parcel sitting in their depot here in Dublin since Friday the 18th. they said that they cleared their backlog over the wekend but 'for some reason' this parcel wasn't delivered. their next delivery is on the 27th of December and even still they could not guarantee that the parcel would be in that delivery. Beyond farcical!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement