Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

In fairness to Parcel Motel, that laptop I was waiting for, it was delivered to Belfast at 10am yesterday morning. I last looked at the website 6pm yesterday evening and it hadn't been processed even. To my amazement, at 7am this morning, got the text telling me it was ready for collection in Cork. I realise plenty people are seriously pi$$ed off with PM lately but they haven't put a foot wrong for me in the last few weeks. Got four separate packages delivered to Cork city centre all within 24 hours of arriving in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

I must say they've been very helpful and friendly to me in trying to find my parcel. As it happens its a problem with the courier stating that it has been delivered to NI and signed for when clearly it has not. Trying to get the issue resolved now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Happy with service, next year will not go near any delivery service in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

A lot of complaints about parcel motel in this thread but its not all bad. I ordered something from topshop uk on Saturday. Delivery with Yodel to Belfast was supposed to be Monday. It got there on Tuesday and got a text a few hours ago to say it had been delivered to my locker at Maxol Dolphins Barn. Very happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BarneyThomas

Two Christmas presents ordered weeks ago now that im without.
    Both were delivered to parcelmotel ages ago and i doubt i'll get a text tonight to collect them.
    Very pissed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I was given the wrong parcel in Texaco Cornelscourt today. A box from Amazon for a Paul Doherty in case anyone knows him:). Maybe he got my parcel:(. My daughters's going to be very disappointed when she sees what Santa didn't leave:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jimmyvr5

Parcel motel in Mullingar has a frozen touchscreen.I received my text and pin Christmas eve to collect my parcel which is a present for my niece.The touchscreen on the parcelmotel is frozen so I can't enter my pin or unlock the locker! Now I get a text to say my parcel has expired -well so has my patience. This service is going downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

Lads I don't mean to offend anyone but we all knew they were getting bombarded in the run up to christmas, these things happen and while its not ideal we should all think before we act... so ordering christmas in December with parcelmotel was never the brightest idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

jimmyvr5 wrote: »
    Parcel motel in Mullingar has a frozen touchscreen.I received my text and pin Christmas eve to collect my parcel which is a present for my niece.The touchscreen on the parcelmotel is frozen so I can't enter my pin or unlock the locker! Now I get a text to say my parcel has expired -well so has my patience. This service is going downhill

So did you return later to see if the screen had freed up? Why don't you tweet/e-mail PM telling them what happened? They're quite good at refunding if there's a problem.
    Kerrybai wrote: »
    Lads I don't mean to offend anyone but we all knew they were getting bombarded in the run up to christmas, these things happen and while its not ideal we should all think before we act... so ordering christmas in December with parcelmotel was never the brightest idea.

Whilst I agree with the above, PM, and many other delivery companies were ALL super busy in the run up to Christmas! People have to manage their expectations better. I've personally ordered a few bits and had them sent via PM. Some (from Amazon) were ordered late last week. I fully expected them to be delivered after Christmas, but got all of them before - including one on Christmas Eve. So no complaints from me. But I wouldn't have kicked off if they were delivered late. The onus would have been on me to order in good time, and make sure there was enough credit to enable delivery. I think PM measure up pretty well against some of the others.

Thank your lucky stars it wasn't Hermes or Yodel. THEN you would room to complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Two weeks ago Sky New had an article on the pressure all the major UK couriers were under with the unprecedented increase in demand due to the black Friday sales and the overwhelming increase in online shopping this year compared to previous years. That surely had a knock on effect on some deliveries to Parcel Motel too?

I'm sure that the breaking news yesterday regarding City Links closure & receivership with a possible loos of Approx 2,700 jobs not to mention all the Sub contractors as well didn't help? Even John Lewis who supported City Link through their difficult time had to pull all their business from them and move elsewhere & that too must have put increased pressure on other courier firms who had to take up the slack? It is a sign of just how fickle that whole business is.

I'm not in anyway defending PM's poor PR in relation to this but on the physical side they appear to have done as much as they could to cope with the increased demand and will learn from it for the future with any luck.

The people (customers) who were under pressure waiting for Christmas gifts need to learn from this whole debacle too and allow plenty of time next year.

While the anxiety & disappointment felt by some is totally understandable? No one died and life goes on. Live & learn.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

When does the 'Your Recent Activity' section of the my Parcel Motel update, when they receive the packet or when its sorted and in a locker?

The parcel was signed for on the 24th at 11:00 in Newtownabbey, obviously nothing happened over 25-26th.

TIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Clearly it means nothing more will happen with the parcel until Monday at the earliest. You'll get it Tues or Weds.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordered a few bits for xmas from amazon, all arrived in time bar the one destined for PM, no sign of it. Could have shipped from another location but I wouldn't be surprised if their sorting centre is at bursting point. Can't track it to see how far its gotten.

That's not what I'm asking, I've resigned to the fact I won't get it until possibly next week. My question was when does the 'Your Recent Activity' section update/work.

From their website re. xmas hours, looks like they are delivering over the weekend.

Clearly it means nothing more will happen with the parcel until Minday at the earliest. You'll get it Tues or Weds.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When they do intake they take the picture and it registers on the site. Before then it'll sit in an "inbox" pile.

Ah OK. Someone signed for mine, I assumed they would put it on the system then. Probably on the pile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

They really pissed me off this year. Fair enough its busy I understand that as I work in retail also but its not like that's a big shock this time of year .
    I had something to pick up over a week ago code didn't work so I rang them and he was as puzzled as I was so he said all he could do was send out the courier to re do it again .
    Got the text again same story when I went out there again code didn't work. I have emailed them over a week ago, no response.
    I ordered something on eBay last night said I might as well use my remaining credit with parcel motel to get free delivery.
    When I checked the status of the first item I ordered it says returned to agent.. Does that mean its returned to Amazon?
    I then also noticed that I was charged twice for the first order. Seems they charged me to fix there cock up and now I don't have enough balance to get my second order sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Well my parcel ordered in November, signed for by PM on 5 December didn't make it for Christmas. Have rang numerous times but they can't track it down but they won't give me any info on how to go about claiming for reimbursement just to try ringing again in a couple of days because it should show up. But it's no good to me now as I had to buy a replacement present.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Anyone seen any deliveries post Christmas? I have a package outstanding. It was received by PM on Christmas Eve so I expected a delay. The 48 hour delivery notification on their site is a bit optimistic to say the least. I rang earlier and the lady on the phone could give me no information and said I'd get a call back. It all feels very flakey and the lack of clarity and correct information from PM is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Anyone seen any deliveries post Christmas? I have a package outstanding. It was received by PM on Christmas Eve so I expected a delay. The 48 hour delivery notification on their site is a bit optimistic to say the least. I rang earlier and the lady on the phone could give me no information and said I'd get a call back. It all feels very flakey and the lack of clarity and correct information from PM is annoying.

No, my mother had something delivered to NI on Christmas Eve, hasn't been checked in yet. :confused:

• Advertisement

Same situation, my parcel was signed for morning of the 24th, nothing yet; I also called them this morning, apparently before today only a half day last Saturday was spent processing parcels, if they are saying 2 days and have a substantial backlog it may be Tuesday evening the earliest. I would be a lot happier if their site was updated to show they have the parcel.

Kinda crazy that they didn't do a full day of checking in on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

I'm in the same boat, they received the item on the 24h but it hasn't been logged on their system.

glynf wrote: »
    Same situation, my parcel was signed for morning of the 24th, nothing yet; I also called them this morning, apparently before today only a half day last Saturday was spent processing parcels, if they are saying 2 days and have a substantial backlog it may be Tuesday evening the earliest. I would be a lot happier if their site was updated to show they have the parcel.

On my second phone call I was given the exact same information. Half day processing on Saturday and that my package was stored over night last night and would be delivered tonight. Apparently you get the email notification straightaway and a text at 7AM. I'm pretty sure the person I was speaking to was from Nightline, she was much more helpful than the first person I spoke to.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Mine is now "in transit"

Mother's parcel is now checked in/in transit too.

Mine is in transit now as well, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

I had a package sitting there since the 22nd I thought, still not there for collection. Got 2 others that I wasnt expecting until later this week. There is still one parcel missing somewhere.
    Normally a good reliable service so I hope they get on top of things soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

glynf wrote: »
    I would be a lot happier if their site was updated to show they have the parcel.

This is my issue - I'm assuming they have my parcel (dispatched from UK seller in mid-December), but no sign of it when I log in.

I know some people have had no trouble with PM this Christmas, and that's great for them, but their service (and poor communication) has been pretty dire for many of us.

Explaining to the person what their Christmas present was just wasn't quite the same...

• Advertisement

Being very pedantic about this so I rang again (I really should find something more productive to do while I'm off work!). I had to go through two people this time as the first person tried to fob me off with a call back. So the newest line is Saturday and Sunday are not included in the 48 hour delivery time. It is working days! Ah that's fine PM keep changing it to suit......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement