Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Metalpanic wrote:
    Being very pedantic about this so I rang again (I really should find something more productive to do while I'm off work!). I had to go through two people this time as the first person tried to fob me off with a call back. So the newest line is Saturday and Sunday are not included in the 48 hour delivery time. It is working days! Ah that's fine PM keep changing it to suit......

I would not have expected Saturday or Sunday to be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

moleyv wrote: »
    I would not have expected Saturday or Sunday to be included.

They process for half of Saturday and deliver Sundays. I was told by a customer service agent they would deliver my parcel Sunday night. That's why I am being sarcastic about the 48 hours being only working days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Sent a parcel to the UK via PM on the 19th (1st time sending something via PM but have used them many times for receiving via NI). Now I find out it hasn't even been booked in in Ireland. I called on the 29th and was asked to call back today which I did. Was told I'd be called back once they knew more which to me sounds like its lost.

Its now the 30th. Backlog is one thing but this is taking the piss. Its been sitting in a probably freezing cold warehouse for 11 days. Whatever about getting something from the UK for €3.95 getting charged x4 times the price for sending something the other way and it not even getting booked in or sent off 11 days later is just not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Whiteladder

glynf wrote: »
    Mine is in transit now as well, happy days.
    My parcel still in transit since Dec 18th so don't get your hopes up. Rang 3 times over the Xmas. Was promised a call back on two occasions but am still waiting. Submitted two support requests which have also fallen on deaf ears. Am seriously pissed off with the chancers. They had no problem pre charging me but not a dicky bird since.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Need some advice if possible. Ordered something from an amazon market place seller and had Parcel Motel as delivery address. Estimated delivery was between 19th and 23rd Dec but hadn't heard anything by 23rd. Contacted Seller and they provided me with website tracking info stating that item was delivered and signed for in NI on the 20th.

However after contacting PM they had no information regarding the item, nothing appeared after entering the tracking number, searched depots as well to no avail. Since then I've been back and forth to seller. They say they have proof of delivery on website should a claim be made to cover themselves. They also say they are waiting on proof of signature from carrier but nothing has materilaised thus far and as far as they're concerned PM has lost my parcel so looks like they're happy to sit on that basically.

Sorry I've never had any trouble like this before with an online order. Just wanted to know what people think? :confused:

• Advertisement

ripperman wrote:
    Sorry I've never had any trouble like this before with an online order. Just wanted to know what people think? 

Push for the signature off the seller, they are probably telling the truth.

Then claim off PM, you will have tracking and signature as proof.

Not completely certain but I think PM insure up to 100e unless otherwise agreed. Others may be of more knowledgeable on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Not completely certain but I think PM insure up to 100e unless otherwise agreed. Others may be of more knowledgeable on this.

Correct.

Ok thanks. The seller claims they have contacted the carrier on the 23rd and a few times since for the signature. They said this will take time because its a paper manifest or something? I just have a feeling that the carrier (a noted one for the wrong reasons) cannot provide this, because they didn't get one and I'll just keep getting fobbed off? So frustrating.

ripperman wrote:
    Ok thanks. The seller claims they have contacted the carrier on the 23rd and a few times since for the signature. They said this will take time because its a paper manifest or something? I just have a feeling that the carrier (a noted one for the wrong reasons) cannot provide this, because they didn't get one and I'll just keep getting fobbed off? So frustrating.

I guess it depends on the delivery company. Most use digital signing and it is fairly fast to get. If its paper may take longer, don't forget it was Christmas too. I would say if you don't have it in a week press on without. Tracking should be proof enough.

You will probably need to submit evidence of your invoice too showing the value of the item and linking it to the tracking number.

I guess it depends on the delivery company. Most use digital signing and it is fairly fast to get. If its paper may take longer, don't forget it was Christmas too. I would say if you don't have it in a week press on without. Tracking should be proof enough.

You will probably need to submit evidence of your invoice too showing the value of the item and linking it to the tracking number.

I have contacted PM and they say they have no record of the tracking number at all. I was going to contact again tomorrow as the seller is convinced its PM's fault and not the carrier they use, of course. I'm sure PM wont entertain me without a sig, the seller is happy to sit and wait for sig and the carrier may not have even got one in the first place. Its farcical really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

any deliveries being made today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I had a package delivered to the depot this morning, hasn't appeared on PM website yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

yeah nothing seems to be moving, website says there will be deliveries made friday night, but you can't really trust anything they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

J o e wrote: »
    I had a package delivered to the depot this morning, hasn't appeared on PM website yet..

Wasn't delivered this morning but appears on the website now with status "In Transit" and the only tracking event as "Parcel in transit to motel" so maybe it will arrive today yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

J o e wrote: »
    Wasn't delivered this morning but appears on the website now with status "In Transit" and the only tracking event as "Parcel in transit to motel" so maybe it will arrive today yet.

I have one "in transit" since Tuesday. So wouldn't expect too much at this point.
    According to their "Christmas schedule" this should have been delivered by Wednesday latest.
    Well it is Saturday and still no sign.

Busy periods and all that - but the lack of communication, response times on the support centre, is just really really bad. I am seriously pi**ed off by this bad customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

First time using parcel motel and I am not happy with response from customer service either - as in, there has been no response whatsoever. Now i made a mistake myself by not putting the PMID on the address when buying something from amazon (had it on it originally but then the match address thing popped up and I clicked on it so that probably deleted it) so I emailed them asking would this affect them identifying the parcel and have them my PMID but have heard nothing after 2 emails to their "support" email address...

I ordered from amazon last Sunday....dont know what to do now....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

parcel was signed by pm this morning, what time frame am I looking at for delivery to box these days?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

parcel was signed by pm this morning, what time frame am I looking at for delivery to box these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭newirishman

Anyone's guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

leahyl use the "shopping tracker" on the PM website, that may help you.

@melekalikimaka Pretty much depends on where you are in the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

My situation at the moments has me losing hope:

A phone, delivered by MyHermes and signed for on December 27th in the Antrim depot hasn't been seen since.

MyHermes have confirmed the correct address and exact time of delivery, but won't tell me who signed for it as I'm not the sender who has the contract with them.

I've been messaging a Parcel Motel agent via FB, who advised me to add the tracking details which I have done.
    But my last 3 FB messages have gone unseen and an email I sent through their help page hasn't been answered either.

The PMID seems to have been missing ,but 1 week later after supplying them with as much info as possible, I'm starting to lose hope.

I'll contact them again up until Wednesday, after that I need to start thinking about putting in a claim for the price of the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Whoever the sender is needs to give you the POD of who signed for it, until the sender gets this from MyHermes, theres not much to prove that the goods were actually delivered, I had a similar issue with a phone I bought of ebay seller never put the pm address on the package, but gave me the name of who signed for it and the time, I sent this on to PM and they tracked it down for me in a couple of days. Don't lose hope yet, but I would advise you put pressure on the sender to get you a POD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Not sure if I can justify using parcel motel again.

2 issues:
    • Firstly I ordered a tablet cover from amazon. They stated that they sent it to the Antrim depot on the 26/12/14. Made a complaint today. They haven't acknowledged my email, but logging on to their site shows that it is now been miraculously found and is now in transport.
    • Secondly, I thought I would try and send over some presents to family in a major english city. I sent the parcel on the 21/12/14 (thinking that it would be better than an post) and to date it has still not arrived (5/1/15). Looking at there tracking site it appears that there is no evidence of it after it was transported from dublin. Again I have made an email complaint and again no acknowledgment from parcel motel.

This is deplorable service from a courier.

A brief encounter but a learning curve........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

ads20101 wrote: »

2 issues:
    • Firstly I ordered a tablet cover from amazon. They stated that they sent it to the Antrim depot on the 26/12/14. Made a complaint today. They haven't acknowledged my email, but logging on to their site shows that it is now been miraculously found and is now in transport.
    • Secondly, I thought I would try and send over some presents to family in a major english city. I sent the parcel on the 21/12/14 (thinking that it would be better than an post) and to date it has still not arrived (5/1/15). Looking at there tracking site it appears that there is no evidence of it after it was transported from dublin. Again I have made an email complaint and again no acknowledgment from parcel motel.

Regarding the first point. Boxing Day in the UK is a Bank Holiday. So although the parcel would have been marked as 'sent', in all likelihood it would not have left until the following Monday. Tues, Weds and Thurs were working days. Friday was a BH. Saturday is a half day for PM. So it was processed by them today. Plus - all carriers are still trying to catch up with the Christmas rush. So I'm not sure a complaint is justified. I'm in the same boat. Item ordered Boxing Day. Not received in the PM until tonight. So I'll be getting it tomorrow. As a matter of interest - What was the target date Amazon gave you on the order? I bet it was today...

The second point - PM are very slow when it comes to sending parcels. I've used them myself when returning stuff. Takes anything up to 2 weeks for them to send it on. If you'd sent it via An Post in good time for Christmas, the parcel would have got there in three days. In any case, you'd have missed the cut-off point for sending for Christmas (which was the 19th).

Perhaps you need to manage your expectations better?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

2 issues:

Sorry to hear about your problem with PM but one thing did cross my mind when I saw your message-why would you use them for sending goods abroad ? I always thought their strong point was the fact that they provided UK address for Buying from the UK but it would not occur to me to use them for posting anything over TO the UK.
    This is my favoutite method of sending stuiff to uk and its run by An Post
    They pick up from your door with absolutely no hassle and I have yet to have any reason to complain, which is more than I could say about some others including Parcel Motel
    You probably are aware of it anyway but heres the link:

http://www.parcel2go.com/ie/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAiamlBRCgj83PiYm6--gBEiQArnojDzAgA8y53bvo_u-FCCzreUb-OJ-sBDiESjLNBHFAtHUaAvR_8P8HAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

rusty999 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your problem with PM but one thing did cross my mind when I saw your message-why would you use them for sending goods abroad ? I always thought their strong point was the fact that they provided UK address for Buying from the UK but it would not occur to me to use them for posting anything over TO the UK.
    This is my favoutite method of sending stuiff to uk and its run by An Post
    They pick up from your door with absolutely no hassle and I have yet to have any reason to complain, which is more than I could say about some others including Parcel Motel
    You probably are aware of it anyway but heres the link:

http://www.parcel2go.com/ie/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAiamlBRCgj83PiYm6--gBEiQArnojDzAgA8y53bvo_u-FCCzreUb-OJ-sBDiESjLNBHFAtHUaAvR_8P8HAQ

parcels2go is a comparison site and not 'run' by an post.
    In some cases parcel motel would be cheaper to send a parcel to the uk hence people using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Just an update on the item I sent to the UK using PM on the 19th of December. After being told repeatedly by several staff that I should call back later, then that they were looking into it and I would be called back, after being told it wasn't booked in, then it could have been booked in, then they could have changed the label on it, then it could be in the UK, then it definitely was taken by Nightline and was in the UK for sure, its not. Or at least nobody has a clue where it is. Having been given a reference number for the UK carrier UKmail I spoke to them directly & they say it was never handed over to them at all by Nightline/PM and never reached their depot in York. Nor is the Nightline warehouse manager seeming to respond to calls or emails from their own staff at this stage.

Another definite promise I would be called back today with an update by another staff member, no callback. What I did get to hear was 30 mins of recorded hold PR telling me how each parcel is important to them and handled with professionalism. Sorry PM, your staff are extremely courteous & friendly & I understand backlog and the pressure your guys are under at Christmas but this isn't related to either. This is you charging me so you could loose an expensive item due to negligence & fobbing its owner off.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

rusty999 wrote: »
    why would you use them for sending goods abroad ? I always thought their strong point was the fact that they provided UK address for Buying from the UK but it would not occur to me to use them for posting anything over TO the UK.

An Post standard Parcel Post (2 days) for 10KG is €47.50, (5KG = 42.50)

Parcel to Go Economy (3+Days) 10KG (large locker dimension) best quotes:

Nightline (ie. PM Parent) - €27.06
    GLS - €29.95
    TNT Economy Express - €61.98

A 10 KG (max) parcel that fits the largest locker for an expected 3-5 working day delivery to the UK through PM costs €16.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

Firstly I ordered a tablet cover from amazon. They stated that they sent it to the Antrim depot on the 26/12/14. Made a complaint today. They haven't acknowledged my email, but logging on to their site shows that it is now been miraculously found and is now in transport.

Jesus, I'd be delighted with that outcome at this stage! At least you know your package is there.

Still no sign of mine... Nothing when I log in. No reply to email either.
    On Twitter they're saying there's no delays any more, and suggesting any undelivered parcels had no PMIDs. But come on, even if my PMID isn't on the parcel (I included it, but can't guarantee the retailer did) surely it's not impossible for Parcel Motel to deal with these missing parcels by going:

"1. OK... we have all these packages missing PMIDs... people are probably waiting for them.
    2. We have all these complaints from Joe and Josephine Bloggs looking for their parcels.
    3. OH - we could cross check them! YES!"

:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement