Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I placed an online order with Curry's this morning and noticed a line on the checkout page that "Unfortunately, we do not deliver to Parcel Motels for security reasons. Any orders to Parcel Motels will be cancelled.".

Just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

CombatCow wrote: »
    leahyl use the "shopping tracker" on the PM website, that may help you.

@melekalikimaka Pretty much depends on where you are in the country...

Thanks CombatCow, in the end I actually messaged them on Facebook this morning and got a reply within 10 minutes! I emailed them twice before that and heard nothing back. I kind of knew it was the lack of PMID was probably the problem but yet I did fill in that shopping tracker as well on their website but it made no difference - which makes me think they weren't even trying to identify who owned the package! Anyway, the rep on Facebook found the package and said that it should be out to me in 2 days - yaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Having used parcel motel since they started I thought the service was great until about September when parcels started arriving pretty bashed up, I then sent a parcel to another parcel motel user in November and it took 7 days to get there and when it did the box was completely beat up and the contents destroyed, despite large fragile stickers, tonnes of bubble wrap inside the box. It actually looked like whoever handled it intensionally bashed it up in spite.
    Like I said I once thought they were great until a problem arose, and when it happens to you they will fob you off for months and months, its impossible to get a claim from them even after they have admitted liability, they come up with excuses like this is with the claims department, please allow 30days for it to process, when 30 days pass then they will tell you it is being fast tracked, when another 30 days pass it'll be escalated to a manager, and eventually they will stop responding to all contact and close the case.

They have disabled user comments on their facebook page due to the amunt of bad publicity they were receiving, all the comments in the statuses now seem to be complaints and twitter is also full of complaints.
    I can see this company going down the absolute ****ter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Yes, the reason I went with them was due to initial good feedback.

Something bad has happened. Poor managerial oversight perhaps??

Anyway I'm removing my cc info until I see some better feedback.

Having used parcel motel since they started I thought the service was great until about September when parcels started arriving pretty bashed up, I then sent a parcel to another parcel motel user in November and it took 7 days to get there and when it did the box was completely beat up and the contents destroyed, despite large fragile stickers, tonnes of bubble wrap inside the box. It actually looked like whoever handled it intensionally bashed it up in spite.
    Like I said I once thought they were great until a problem arose, and when it happens to you they will fob you off for months and months, its impossible to get a claim from them even after they have admitted liability, they come up with excuses like this is with the claims department, please allow 30days for it to process, when 30 days pass then they will tell you it is being fast tracked, when another 30 days pass it'll be escalated to a manager, and eventually they will stop responding to all contact and close the case.

They have disabled user comments on their facebook page due to the amunt of bad publicity they were receiving, all the comments in the statuses now seem to be complaints and twitter is also full of complaints.
    I can see this company going down the absolute ****ter!

Interesting - don't think I will use them again now to be honest - I know it was my error that there was no PMID but it still shouldn't take them that long to identify the person who the package is meant for - especially after I sent them 2 emails and filled in the shopping tracker....sounds like they need to get their act together!

• Advertisement

Here's a quick few screenshots of emails I've received

After speaking with them on the telephone and a quick followup email it all begins
    2rnd340.jpg

282f1ix.jpg
    xldn9y.jpg

58f4j.jpg
    35m0fol.jpg

I then receive this to tell me my case has been closed, in fact all cases have been closed:eek:
    2e0v59z.jpg

So let me get this straight, you close all open cases and when someone responds you then re-open the case:rolleyes:
    24gruic.jpg

I havent gotten a responce since the 30th December, I have lost all hope that parcel motel have any intention of processing this claim and am extremely disappointed in what I originally thought was an excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Ah lads this isn't good is it?! I ordered something for dh from amazon which failed to appear (ordered mid nov wasn't for Christmas) .. It was sent untracked to ni. I contacted amazon who said def been sent and no probs will send another .. No sign of that either!

Of course can't get a response from parcel motel

Very disappointed in their service have used them lots in the past and been very happy (sending. And receiving)

I want to order something else
    From uk but I am afraid to! Is there any other company does similar service where you can use ni address and get it forwarded?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Whiteladder

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It's run by fastway couriers which are far worse than nightline. If you are not happy with the customer service at parcel motel, you'll be disgusted with fastway and their parcel connect service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

It's run by fastway couriers which are far worse than nightline. If you are not happy with the customer service at parcel motel, you'll be disgusted with fastway and their parcel connect service.

Just been onto their web site.

Looks like they deliver to local shops. However their site is a mess and I can't get any info out of it. Like.... How much does it cost to use their uk address?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

ads20101 wrote: »
    Just been onto their web site.

Looks like they deliver to local shops. However their site is a mess and I can't get any info out of it. Like.... How much does it cost to use their uk address?
    €4.50. I haven't used them myself, but from the reviews I've seen they're not much better than PM. Very few of the shops who are signed up to the service seem to actually know anything about it when you try to pick something up

I returned something via parcel connect that I got in Littlewoods a few months ago and had no problem with the service - it was delivered by them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I've used parcel motel for the last two years. Overall I've found them to be excellent. However the last 2 occasions there have been difficulties. I ordered a package from Amazon and it was delivered to my locker on time however the package had been opened. Luckily no damage occurred. My last order was delivered to belfast on 31st December 2014. Latest update said it was in transit and had not arrived. I sent them an email and got no response. I typed "parcel motel telephone" into Google and got telephone number. Rang them this morning and in fairness lad I was dealing with was pleasent and apologetic. He stated I'd get package tomorrow and credited my account by 7.90. Something really has gone wrong in the company. I've been singing their praises over the last 2 years but I'll have to consider my custom in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Has anyone ever tried to claim for a lost parcel ? My parcel went missing after being accepted by Parcel Motel on 5th December. On 31st December they finally gave me an email address to submit a claim. I done it straight away but that was week ago tomorrow and still no reply. I've re sent the mail twice and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Same here, long time user, >150 times... Their service at Christmas was abysmal. I just got a text that a parcel that was sent on 10 Dec from Amazon has been delivered to my local PM. The last one I picked up had the absolute crap kicked out of it, somehow the contents were still intact. And I waited days and weeks for other parcels in Dec. The sheen has seriously gone off this crowd. I haven't used them since the start of Dec, and have little interest in using them again (I used them at least a couple of times per week previously). Their procedures are arseways or non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yoozername

Just saw this on their FB page, pretty funny:

https://www.facebook.com/ParcelMotel/photos/a.174442759354183.40677.161579730640486/573042719494183/?type=1&comment_id=578956108902844&offset=0&total_comments=107

Welcome to the parcel motel California.
    Such a sh!tty place!
    Such a sh!tty place!
    So I called up Sara "please get my parcel" she said we haven't seen that parcel since nineteen sixty nine!
    Welcome to the parcel motel California!
    Such a sh!tty place!
    They living it up at the parcel motel California!
    What a nice supprise!
    Relax said the nightline man!
    We are programmed to receive!
    You can check-out anytime you like!
    But your parcel will never leave!
    BUS ****!!!

• It's run by fastway couriers which are far worse than nightline. If you are not happy with the customer service at parcel motel, you'll be disgusted with fastway and their parcel connect service.

I've gotten four different items with Parcel Connect now. I find the service excellent. I did have a problem the first time with the shop being useless but I've found somewhere nearer that are competent and everythings working grand.

I have something else coming later in the week so I'll let you know if I've tempted fate or not with this post! :D

I'm finished with Parcel Motel only because they've no lockers near the city centre here in Limerick. I was faced with a three hour walk to and back from my nearest lockers before....now it's about twenty minutes!!

But er you guys stay with Parcel Motel cos I'm sure it's better and cheaper and they take nice photos of your parcels!! :D Yeah that's another nice thing with Parcel Connect....you don't have to be hitting f5 all day as they will send you an email when the item arrives in and another when it's due for collection. I suggested such a thing to Parcel Motel years ago but they couldn't be bothered it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'll continue to use PM as I know a good thing when I see one! I never knew what robbers some of the sellers were when it came to Irish postage until I moved here. Either they'll charge an arm and several legs for delivery or won't send here at all. A lot of stuff ordered online in the UK will be sent FOC.

So I think PM works very well for me. I no longer have to get my mates to take parcels and traipse to the PO to send them on. Nor do they have to hold on to stuff until I get over.

Seems service depends on where the PM lockers are. I'm in Cork City and have always managed to get my stuff within a reasonable time period. Even stuff I ordered late before Christmas was delivered to me before.

People need to manage their expectations better. Remember to add your PMID. If you're expecting stuff in a hurry, then either order in good time to get to the PM or pay to have it delivered direct. Don't order goods from outside the EU for which duty has to be paid. PM make it very clear they won't accept delivery. Take out extra insurance if the item is over E100. And don't expect parcels to come in 48 hours if you've ordered on Black Friday, Cyber Monday or during the month of December!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

laptop from argos ebay outlet delivered and signed for in antrim yesterday at 12pm, nothing yet from PM. Will be getting onto them at 12pm tomorrow if they haven't delivered to my local locker yet

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

I ordered from Asos to PM but I left out my parcel motel ID. I contacted them and told them but they said it's too late to change the order address.

Where will this package end up? The address is correct excepting the omission of my PM ID number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

HeadPig wrote:
    Where will this package end up? The address is correct excepting the omission of my PM ID number

Try and fill in the shopping tracker on PM website with as much detail as possible, maybe your best hope

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

On my account it saysy parcel has been in transit since 30th December. I emailed them on Sunday, still haven't heard anything yet.

I'll continue to use PM as I know a good thing when I see one! I never knew what robbers some of the sellers were when it came to Irish postage until I moved here. Either they'll charge an arm and several legs for delivery or won't send here at all. A lot of stuff ordered online in the UK will be sent FOC.

So I think PM works very well for me. I no longer have to get my mates to take parcels and traipse to the PO to send them on. Nor do they have to hold on to stuff until I get over.

Seems service depends on where the PM lockers are. I'm in Cork City and have always managed to get my stuff within a reasonable time period. Even stuff I ordered late before Christmas was delivered to me before.

People need to manage their expectations better. Remember to add your PMID. If you're expecting stuff in a hurry, then either order in good time to get to the PM or pay to have it delivered direct. Don't order goods from outside the EU for which duty has to be paid. PM make it very clear they won't accept delivery. Take out extra insurance if the item is over E100. And don't expect parcels to come in 48 hours if you've ordered on Black Friday, Cyber Monday or during the month of December!!
    My gripe is with the damage done to the last couple of deliveries which were PM user to PM user, one of which was so bashed up the contents were smashed to pieces despite being in bubble wrap in a box and then wrapped in bubble wrap and in another box with giant fragile stickers all over it:eek:
    My expectations is that my parcel will arrive in resonable condition in a timely fashion.

Even if you have the extra insurance try get a claim from them, Its impossible, I've been on the phone a handful of times, sent over 50 emails to them, tweeted, PM'd on facebook, commented on facebook, the process is tiring and they give you the run around with lies and bull**** for months, their customer service or lack of is atrocious. I guarantee the day they loose or damage a parcel on you your tune will soon change.

Oh and my PM is less than 700meters from their head office in Finglas and one of the parcels I speak of was only going to swords which is about 5miles away and the parcel looked like it was tied to the tow bar and dragged there, this was in September and took over a week to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

rusty999 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your problem with PM but one thing did cross my mind when I saw your message-why would you use them for sending goods abroad ? I always thought their strong point was the fact that they provided UK address for Buying from the UK but it would not occur to me to use them for posting anything over TO the UK.
    This is my favoutite method of sending stuiff to uk and its run by An Post
    They pick up from your door with absolutely no hassle and I have yet to have any reason to complain, which is more than I could say about some others including Parcel Motel
    You probably are aware of it anyway but heres the link:

http://www.parcel2go.com/ie/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAiamlBRCgj83PiYm6--gBEiQArnojDzAgA8y53bvo_u-FCCzreUb-OJ-sBDiESjLNBHFAtHUaAvR_8P8HAQ

Just to confirm--Parcel2Go is not run by An Post -I was mixing it up with An Post parcel \service.
    But It is a comparison site where you can choose the cheapest price possible to send or recieve so it gives a better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

Lads, I have to return a phone to Google in the UK. I have been sent a prepaid parcel through parcel motel. Its parcel force, which I assume is UK only. Can I send this to parcel motel antrim and then they send it through the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

ripperman wrote: »
    Need some advice if possible. Ordered something from an amazon market place seller and had Parcel Motel as delivery address. Estimated delivery was between 19th and 23rd Dec but hadn't heard anything by 23rd. Contacted Seller and they provided me with website tracking info stating that item was delivered and signed for in NI on the 20th.

However after contacting PM they had no information regarding the item, nothing appeared after entering the tracking number, searched depots as well to no avail. Since then I've been back and forth to seller. They say they have proof of delivery on website should a claim be made to cover themselves. They also say they are waiting on proof of signature from carrier but nothing has materilaised thus far and as far as they're concerned PM has lost my parcel so looks like they're happy to sit on that basically.

Sorry I've never had any trouble like this before with an online order. Just wanted to know what people think? :confused:

Just an update on my situation if anyone is interested or it equates to someone else's situation. After a lot of back and forth from PM and amazon seller I never got any real satisfaction from either. PM wouldn't entertain me without a signature, seller insisted it was PM's fault but they never received a sig from their carrier so I filed a claim with amazon. They offered me a gift voucher initially which I used straight away. Then got an email saying they wouldn't entertain if I had happened to want a money refund to my credit card. They have evidence it was delivered and that's all they needed apparently.

The voucher worked this time because I needed something else as it happened but if I had needed the money I couldn't do anything? It's going to be ebay and good old An post for me for the foreseeable future methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

ripperman wrote: »
    Just an update on my situation if anyone is interested or it equates to someone else's situation. After a lot of back and forth from PM and amazon seller I never got any real satisfaction from either. PM wouldn't entertain me without a signature, seller insisted it was PM's fault but they never received a sig from their carrier so I filed a claim with amazon. They offered me a gift voucher initially which I used straight away. Then got an email saying they wouldn't entertain if I had happened to want a money refund to my credit card. They have evidence it was delivered and that's all they needed apparently.

The voucher worked this time because I needed something else as it happened but if I had needed the money I couldn't do anything? It's going to be ebay and good old An post for me for the foreseeable future methinks.

I don't understand why you didn't raise this as a charge-back on your credit card in the first place. It's the only way to make sellers play ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

TonyStark wrote: »
    I don't understand why you didn't raise this as a charge-back on your credit card in the first place. It's the only way to make sellers play ball.

Oh I did. I've emailed them several times to give them a chance but they weren't having any of it I'm afraid. They said they have evidence of it delivered to PM in Northern Ireland and that was sufficient for them it seemed. They were then happy to sit on the fact that they were waiting for an actual signature from their carrier (which I'm positive would never materialize and I had no intention of waiting indefinitely for it). After raising the refund dispute officially, Amazon themselves emailed me saying that they couldn't offer a credit card refund either because there is evidence of delivery!? Just a mess really.

They've now disabled all comments even in there status's on Facebook, and deleted any with complaints :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

They've now disabled all comments even in there status's on Facebook, and deleted any with complaints :O

I wouldn't bother with the social media. Write a letter to the CEO's office clearly marking the envelope 'COMPLAINT'. If you're that unhappy, name names in the letter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement