Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Has parcel motel returned to decent service yet after that shambles of a service that was the last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Eoin247 wrote:
    Has parcel motel returned to decent service yet after that shambles of a service that was the last month?

no, a parcel signed for Monday morning in antrim still hasn't made it to a locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

The Topaz in Wilton Cork that they use is closing down this weekend. Anyone hear where they will be using instead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Eoin247 wrote:

I'm sorry to say I had perfect service through Xmas, all sent to motel within 48 hours. Most of the stuff was delivered in less than 12 hours from warehouse to motel. Even a couple of days before Xmas, I guess it was my luck.

I had something arrive at them yesterday and it was in motel this morning.

I had another package arrive today and I have no doubt it will be there tomorrow. This is all delivered to the Dublin warehouse. I have something arriving in the north in a couple of days, so I will see how long it takes to come from there, but I still have no reason not to think it will be there in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Ordered something from UK sunday,landed today,im happy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Good to hear things are coming through again.. Used to have my own business and used Fastway for a while..
    Total nightmare so thanks for the heads up on parcel connect !

No sign of my amazon deliveries though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

My €250 motherboard sent via PM on the 19th of December, picked up by them on the 20th and never booked in and now admitted by PM they never sent it to UKmail is nowhere to be found. Simply put they have lost my property in their own warehouse and in spite of a search for it it cannot be found. Now they affirm under their T+C's I am limited to €100 for their negligence. Not going to happen. Getting onto ECC Ireland in the morning to have the companies practices and procedures looked into and get my money back in full.

As someone who gained PM a shed load of business over the years evangelizing their service to pretty much anyone buying anything from the UK never ever ever again and everyone should be warned of just how they have sunk from a management and systems perspective. They're staff are great in customer care but that can only extend to the limits of the system in which they operate and its clear that has broken down for many customers. Fobbed off, pissed off and out of pocket big time. If they are deleting complaints on Facebook as others have said that should tell customers and prospective customers there is something wrong. The 1st line of their 'Liability and Limitation' statement reads

"We will perform our duties with a reasonable degree of care, diligence, skill and judgement"

It is clear that not only for myself but many others this has not occurred this Christmas period. As someone who is legally trained (not being fat headed its just something I worked damn hard to be) I know the law or both contract & tort like a glove and there is no way in hell I'm paying for this mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Parcels get lost, its unfortunate but it happens. You paid for it to be delivered with €100 insurance. If you want to insure it in full you should have paid extra (if possible) or use another courier.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Parcels get lost, its unfortunate but it happens. You paid for it to be delivered with €100 insurance. If you want to insure it in full you should have paid extra (if possible) or use another courier.

No sorry. While I paid for it to be delivered with a €100 liability for loss or damage during transport to the stated location that doesn't extend to it being taken and not even booked in by Nightline/PM as a result of their negligence in failing to do so.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what happened. You sent a parcel by leaving it in a motel. They pick it up and it got lost. Surely picking it up is part of transporting it to stated location.

• Advertisement

Maybe I am misunderstanding what happened. You sent a parcel by leaving it in a motel. They pick it up and it got lost. Surely picking it up is part of transporting it to stated location.

Once its picked up at the Parcel Motel locker it should be scanned then taken to the Nightline logistics centre and scanned in as received and then sorted to go on its travels. At the locker it does not appear to have been scanned as received by them nor anywhere else. That doesn't appear to have been done hence my quote of their 1st liability and imitations conditions which they didn't follow which is negligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

What is up with their communications ? I had a small parcel loaded in the van on Dec 23 and its .........disappeared.
    Three emails and still no reply. They need to invest in some quality control and PR protocol.

It's not unusual for parcels to miss scans. I've had missed scans from pretty much all couriers. Do you know why the scan was missed? Maybe scanner wasn't working, the label couldn't be read etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

You paid for it to be delivered with €100 insurance.
    I don't think PM are actually insuring it for €100. They are attempting through their T&C to limit their liability to €100 - which is a different thing. I doubt it would hold up in court if (and this is a big if) you can prove that they were negligent.

It's not unusual for parcels to miss scans. I've had missed scans from pretty much all couriers. Do you know why the scan was missed? Maybe scanner wasn't working, the label couldn't be read etc.

Honestly no idea and it doesn't seem like they know themselves why it didn't happen. Even if they could tell me why it might not have gotten to them maybe there would be some way of finding it. It can't have gone far now really can it. In my own head I'm saying to myself it has to be in the warehouse somewhere under something but it just seems to have vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

I wouldn't bother with the social media. Write a letter to the CEO's office clearly marking the envelope 'COMPLAINT'. If you're that unhappy, name names in the letter.

Facebook is the only place that somebody from PM bothered to properly reply/answer me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

candle_wax wrote: »
    Facebook is the only place that somebody from PM bothered to properly reply/answer me.

Fine. But that's not much use if they're disabling comments and deleting unfavourable comments, is it??
    They've now disabled all comments even in there status's on Facebook, and deleted any with complaints :O

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

Fine. But that's not much use if they're disabling comments and deleting unfavourable comments, is it??

Eh, it is actually - I messaged them earlier and someone replied. Sorry I didn't make it clear that it was through a message rather than a comment/post. I'm just saying that whoever is manning the FB page is at least replying/engaging with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Look - Personally, I don't give a good goddamn whether they answer you or not. I have no problem with the service myself and will continue to use it as I've already stated elsewhere. Another poster has stated PM do not answer posts and delete anything unfavourable. That's why I suggested putting his complaint in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

I think they are back to normal now judging by the parcel I got delivered today. Still using them despite my annoyance with them before Christmas. If they had just been a little more honest in their approach I wouldn't have minded so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

They've actually removed their phone number from their website, not that it was much use calling as it usually rang to a full mailbox anyway.
    Facebook was one of the only ways to get a responce from them, they have disabled posts to the main page and they have blocked me from messaging them or commenting on their status on facebook. Seems twitter is the only way now as they dont reply to emails using their own support centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Honestly no idea and it doesn't seem like they know themselves why it didn't happen. Even if they could tell me why it might not have gotten to them maybe there would be some way of finding it. It can't have gone far now really can it. In my own head I'm saying to myself it has to be in the warehouse somewhere under something but it just seems to have vanished.
    There have been loads of reports* of people opening lockers and getting a free suprise inside:eek:, I read a comment on facebook the other day from someone who said when they entered their pin to send their parcel but there was another parcel inside, they took the other parcel, put their own in and messaged parcel motel on facebook to ask how they get the parcel they took to it's destination:confused:(I'd start by leaving it there and not using that locker).
    There is a lot of dishonest people out there that would see it as a freebie and with customer services being so difficult to contact I wouldn't be suprised if the person in the example above keeps the parcel, why they took it in the first place I don't know.

*read them on twitter or on PM's facebook although they are deleting alot of the comments there which is noticable as conversations in the comments section no longer make sence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

There have been loads of reports* of people opening lockers and getting a free suprise inside:eek:, I read a comment on facebook the other day from someone who said when they entered their pin to send their parcel but there was another parcel inside, they took the other parcel, put their own in and messaged parcel motel on facebook to ask how they get the parcel they took to it's destination:confused:(I'd start by leaving it there and not using that locker).
    There is a lot of dishonest people out there that would see it as a freebie and with customer services being so difficult to contact I wouldn't be suprised if the person in the example above keeps the parcel, why they took it in the first place I don't know.

*read them on twitter or on PM's facebook although they are deleting alot of the comments there which is noticable as conversations in the comments section no longer make sence

I'll never use them again I stored 2 parcels recently came home to find out on their system it never showed as stored , after couple days they opened all lockers but mine was not in them .....of course they weren't someone got some expensive freebies

No refund as they basically say I never even stored them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Well Alleluia, my parcel that they've had since 5th December has finally shown up. They sent it to someone with the same name. For the inconvenience they've given me two free stays but then charged me to receive the long lost missing parcel. I contacted them again and said they can't refund me but they'll add another free stay, so that's 3 free stays but that's no good to me because I don't think I'll ever use them again. And now I have to return the item because I had to re order it but use a different company this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

went up to the drop off for Parcel Motel at the autobahn service stn on glasnevin ave to collect my parcel and lo and behold it was being dismantled so i as the guy working on it what the story was ,the were ordered by DCC to remove it even though there was no objection from the garage and it is such a small structure stuck away in a corner,what could be the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It might still require planning permission if the sq. footage is enough.

Have they changed the times the trucks do their rounds? Ive always had my pin notifications at 10.30-11.30 at night but Im just after getting one now? Got a low balance notice yesterday and promptly topped up, normally that would have meant getting it the same day. No rush on it, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

ED E wrote: »
    It might still require planning permission if the sq. footage is enough.

No, you are allowed 25 sq. meters without planning. PM have been removing units all over the country, giving a weeks notice. Hard to understand as they should have made a fortune over Xmas. I'd like to stay with them but their PR is abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

its a joke, still waiting for a package that parcel force delivered to newtownabbey on Monday.

campo wrote: »
    I'll never use them again I stored 2 parcels recently came home to find out on their system it never showed as stored , after couple days they opened all lockers but mine was not in them .....of course they weren't someone got some expensive freebies

No refund as they basically say I never even stored them

Do they not have CCTV on all the lockers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I'm waiting on a parcel that was confirmed by the courier as delivered to them on December 31st. No response from support when I queried it. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement