Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

JDxtra wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a parcel that was confirmed by the courier as delivered to them on December 31st. No response from support when I queried it. :(

Ring them. It's about as useful as a bull in a china shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Do they not have CCTV on all the lockers?

YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

jimmynokia wrote: »
    YES.

Indeed they do , I stored 12 items and they told me they checked cctv for the 10 items that I stored and confirmed that I did store them, I told I know I stored the 10 items but where is the other 2 that was stored ....still waiting on a reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Just happened to ask at my local pick up ( lockers have been removed ) about a packet sent on Dec 23 but code still awaited. Of course it had been sitting there since the 23 rd. I don't think it would have happened if the lockers were still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

PM back to normal for me had two packages sent 1st class via Royal Mail to thier Belfast address and stored the next evening. I would be concerned about them dismantling PM's as that will put pressure on the remaining sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

I have finally got my package.. I emailed them and no response so sent a message via Facebook and got a response I think within 24 hours .. They said basically amazon often forget the pmid number and they would have a root in the pile of unmarked ones (to be fair my name was on it but I won't be the only person with that name)they asked for a photo of the product (do they use xrays?!) and about an hour later said they had it and it hit the locker last night after less than 24 hours. Said there was no sign of the first one which went missing .. This one was a replacement .. Unfort amazon has sent a third one out despite me asking them not to and they asked could I reject the delivery if it turns up.. Unfort if parcel motel accept it I suppose I will be charged for the locker stay and then have expense of returning it

I have asked parcel motel to reject it at the depot if it arrives but don't hold up much hope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

My latest parcel due from the UK to Parcel Motel Antrim today Jan 10th 2015 actually arrived there yesterday Fri Jan 9th 2015 at 14:53pm and was in my locker in Galway this morning Jan 10th 2015 at 5:44am.

Can't complain with that service :) I will certainly stick with Parcel Motel as to date I've experienced no problems with there service.

For those who unfortunately had issues over the Christmas period, maybe it's time to stop bashing them and move on? They can only have learned the hard way themselves this Christmas and hopefully will take steps to remedy those issues for next Christmas.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Yes,bus service worked fine for me, got everything before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

For those who unfortunately had issues over the Christmas period, maybe it's time to stop bashing them and move on? They can only have learned the hard way themselves this Christmas and hopefully will take steps to remedy those issues for next Christmas.

yes, I think I'll bake them some cupcakes and send them thank you cards for taking a week to deliver my last few packages. When I pay for a service I expect it to be provided as advertised 100% of the time, not whenever it suits them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They can only have learned the hard way themselves this Christmas and hopefully will take steps to remedy those issues for next Christmas.

It was similar over the previous xmas period, evidentially they didn't take steps to remedy their issues for this christmas so why expect anything to change next christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

If my tracking says its in transit today does that mean its getting place in my motel or ? I havent got a text yet

If my tracking says its in transit today does that mean its getting place in my motel or ? I havent got a text yet

In transit normally means it's en-route to the parcel Motel locker but when it gets there depends on when your account was updated. Remember they only work a half day Saturday so if your account was updated today it could well be Monday before it gets to your locker. In transit is basically when it's checked in, photographed & assigned to a van destined to your designated locker.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

In transit normally means it's en-route to the parcel Motel locker but when it gets there depends on when your account was updated. Remember they only work a half day Saturday so if your account was updated today it could well be Monday before it gets to your locker. In transit is basically when it's checked in, photographed & assigned to a van destined to your designated locker.

Thank you :)
    My code arrived just morning

Happy camper :D:D :cool:

the tide has turned, ordered game Fri morn, picked up last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

It was similar over the previous xmas period, evidentially they didn't take steps to remedy their issues for this christmas so why expect anything to change next christmas?

This year has seen a huge surge in e-commerce so maybe now focus will change towards gearing up next time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

How much does it cost to send to another persons PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

My situation at the moments has me losing hope:

A phone, delivered by MyHermes and signed for on December 27th in the Antrim depot hasn't been seen since.

MyHermes have confirmed the correct address and exact time of delivery, but won't tell me who signed for it as I'm not the sender who has the contract with them.

I've been messaging a Parcel Motel agent via FB, who advised me to add the tracking details which I have done.
    But my last 3 FB messages have gone unseen and an email I sent through their help page hasn't been answered either.

The PMID seems to have been missing ,but 1 week later after supplying them with as much info as possible, I'm starting to lose hope.

I'll contact them again up until Wednesday, after that I need to start thinking about putting in a claim for the price of the goods.

Mine was found, no damage done and it was a case of the PMID being missing.

Whoever I was talking to on FB realized that the warehouse guys weren't finding it, so they said that they would look themselves for the package.
    They did, they found it and had it checked in and delivered 36 hours later.

Delighted I have it now as the phone it's replacing was dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Moral of the story is to order well before christmas/black friday rush, most carriers did not cope well with massive influx of orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ohm13

Anyone having issues adding a card to there accounts?

I have a parcel in there possession got the email and text message telling me to pay the €3.95 but trying to ad the card and it keeps saying: 'a server error occurred' i don't particularly want to ad €10 to the account and to be honest i have less than that in my bank account at the moment :(

Maybe someone had this issue and had it resolved could share there story?

p.s

I did email them Friday explaining all of this but have yet to receive word back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

stanley1 wrote: »
    Moral of the story is to order well before christmas/black friday rush, most carriers did not cope well with massive influx of orders.

Not sure that's true, as normal courier companies can avail of extra vehicles whereas PM are/were limited by the availability of empty lockers.

Year before last was problematic, this year has been much worse. I'd say there will be a major inquest into what went on this year, as they must have lost a fair amount of future business due to bad experiences. Can't have been much fun for the staff facing the public either.

So apparently they have located my other parcel (or the third one sent from amazon has arrived!) he says they don't return parcels just 'dispose' of them, or I can collect it / have it delivered and send it back. Hmm... Surely if they have a return address they are obliged to send them back?! I don't wanna pay for a stay in the motel and return postage .. It is amazons fault cos they didn't put the pmid on it!

murphf wrote: »
    So apparently they have located my other parcel (or the third one sent from amazon has arrived!) he says they don't return parcels just 'dispose' of them, or I can collect it / have it delivered and send it back. Hmm... Surely if they have a return address they are obliged to send them back?! I don't wanna pay for a stay in the motel and return postage .. It is amazons fault cos they didn't put the pmid on it!

There are three mentions relating to disposal and returns in their T's & C's and it looks like the 3rd one relates to your situation.
    Responsibility for payment

Even if you give us different payment instructions, you will always be primarily responsible for all charges, including transportation charges, possible surcharges, penalties or fines, taxes related to any Parcel tendered to us by you or on your behalf. You will be responsible for any costs we incur in returning a Parcel to you or making alternative arrangements for delivery or disposal of any Parcel tendered to us by you or on your behalf.

Items not acceptable for delivery via parcel motel

Additional restrictions may apply depending destination and service and service option used. Nightline PARCEL MOTEL reserves the right to reject parcels or items based upon these limitations or for reasons of security or safety. Nightline PARCEL MOTEL shall be entitled to charge an administrative fee for Parcels rejected and for the costs of returning goods, where applicable, to the Sender. Further information is available upon request.
    Uncollected Items

Parcel Motel reserves the right to dispose of any uncollected items after a period of 30 days.

Incorrectly Addressed Items

Parcel Motel reserves the right to dispose of any incorrectly address items where we are unable to identify the owner within 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Finally got my cheque for my claim, over 2 calender months from the date it was filed, I'd hazzard a guess at 50 emails later and probably the same amount of twitter/facebook messages/postings later, even managed to gain a facebook block:eek:

I don't think I'd bother going through the hassle of that claim procedure again, if I use PM again it'll only be on low value items I'm prepared to loose:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Finally got my cheque for my claim, over 2 calender months from the date it was filed, I'd hazzard a guess at 50 emails later and probably the same amount of twitter/facebook messages/postings later, even managed to gain a facebook block:eek:

I don't think I'd bother going through the hassle of that claim procedure again, if I use PM again it'll only be on low value items I'm prepared to loose:D

Don't know why you'd even bother giving them your money again after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Don't know why you'd even bother giving them your money again after all that.
    To be honest, I more than likely wont, I will still keep my account in case someone wants me to send something to them via PM and I will leave them with the claim if damage occurs

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Maybe you can pay for the €250 motherboard that was stored in their locker, pickup up by them and not even scanned at the depot due to their negligence which is now lost and they're quoting their €100 liability limitation to me.

When I get my €250 back plus the cost of sending it from Ireland to the UK, which never happened, I'll move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Package from Amazon delivered to PM in Antrim on the 7th according to the tracker on Amazon, no sign of it here yet, are they still busy or should I start getting worried?

Thargor wrote:
    Package from Amazon delivered to PM in Antrim on the 7th according to the tracker on Amazon, no sign of it here yet, are they still busy or should I start getting worried?

two packages last week, recent one checked sat delivered Sunday, other one checked Monday delivered Friday. things seem to be improving.

• Advertisement

Maybe you can pay for the €250 motherboard that was stored in their locker, pickup up by them and not even scanned at the depot due to their negligence which is now lost and they're quoting their €100 liability limitation to me.

When I get my €250 back plus the cost of sending it from Ireland to the UK, which never happened, I'll move on.

Maybe you should have availed of the option they offer to increase your cover?

It strikes me as been the clever thing to have done on a €250 item.

-

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement