Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

Thargor wrote: »
    Package from Amazon delivered to PM in Antrim on the 7th according to the tracker on Amazon, no sign of it here yet, are they still busy or should I start getting worried?

I ordered from amazon last wed via antrim address - received by Friday and Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks, at least they're engaging about it on Facebook now.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Maybe you should have availed of the option they offer to increase your cover?

It strikes me as been the clever thing to have done on a €250 item.

-

Maybe they should have followed their own procedures and acted in a professional manner as stated in their own liability statement. They didn't therefore the limitation in the liability statement is void. A company, employee or agent of cannot simply act outside of or fail to comply with the companys internal procedural requirements and then expect another contracting party (a customer in this case) to be liable for loss resulting from that negligence. Sorry I'm just not going to be left holding the baby on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Maybe they should have followed their own procedures and acted in a professional manner as stated in their own liability statement. They didn't therefore the limitation in the liability statement is void. A company, employee or agent of cannot simply act outside of or fail to comply with the companys internal procedural requirements and then expect another contracting party (a customer in this case) to be liable for loss resulting from that negligence. Sorry I'm just not going to be left holding the baby on this.

Your frustration is palpable and I genuinely hope you get it sorted, but, making smart ass comments back to other users here is not going to further your quest to any meaningful end.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Your frustration is palpable and I genuinely hope you get it sorted, but, making smart ass comments back to other users here is not going to further your quest to any meaningful end.

What. Smart ass comments. Seriously?. Maybe you should check the losses some people have faced this christmas as a result of their screwups before basically telling people to let it go. It might not be a lot of money to you but it is to me and many others. Delayed parcels are one thing and I get where some have faced huge frustration as a result but its a straight financial loss to me. If someone keyed your car and told you to let it go and foot the bill when you knew the party responsible I don't honestly think you'd agree with them. Deleting complaints from their FB page has put the nail in the coffin for a good few people as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What. Smart ass comments. Seriously?. Maybe you should check the losses some people have faced this christmas as a result of their screwups before basically telling people to let it go. It might not be a lot of money to you but it is to me and many others. Delayed parcels are one thing and I get where some have faced huge frustration as a result but its a straight financial loss to me. If someone keyed your car and told you to let it go and foot the bill when you knew the party responsible I don't honestly think you'd agree with them. Deleting complaints from their FB page has put the nail in the coffin for a good few people as well.

Well, if you harbour a grudge for too long you may as well dig two graves ;)

Best of luck with it.

I'll leave you with THIS.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6 robertsirl

did anyone receive notification from parcel motel that they were closing early on the 24th december 2014?

I organised for someone to go and collect an item on the 24th as it was within my 48hrs and the place was shutup at 16:00

parcel motel apparently sent out an sms to all its customers about the closure, although not to me or anyone ealse i have asked who uses parcel motel

I woudl just like to know if anyone received this message

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Tried to send a package from two different parcel motel locations tonight. Message 'service is currently unavailable'. The phone number diverts to a voicemail box that is full.

Not very good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ro-76 wrote: »
    Tried to send a package from two different parcel motel locations tonight. Message 'service is currently unavailable'. The phone number diverts to a voicemail box that is full.

Not very good service.

Their phone number is always mailbox full.
    you have to send the parcels from the motel you are registered with

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hilux2005

excelent sevice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Hilux2005

excellent sevice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hilux2005 wrote: »
    excelent sevice
    Hilux2005 wrote: »
    excellent sevice
    Right up until they lose your package and you try to contact them about it...:mad:

The worst customer service of any company in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I used Parcel Motel half a dozen times since the beginning of December. Some items were slow to arrive and communication was woejus but they all got here in the end. One item ordered late December from Amazon and confirmed by them along with the PMID was sent without the PMID being included on the parcel. Parcel Motel emailed, saying they'd an item with my name but no number so could I please confirm if something was expected and give them details. I complied, item delivered a few days later.

I also used registered post from An Post during the Christmas period in cases where I'd normally just post items because it's an extremely busy period. Extra staff in delivery firms and shops won't be as well-trained as regulars. Things will go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

I had a very expensive laptop sent from Amazon UK to Parcel Motel up in Newtownabbey. The courier has delivered it and it has been signed for by Hawthorne (a name which has appeared in a Parcel Motel complaint on another forum) but my account still shows no sign of the parcel 24 hours later.

I have sent them a support request. Any idea how long it usually takes them to reply? This is quite concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

I had a very expensive laptop sent from Amazon UK to Parcel Motel up in Newtownabbey. The courier has delivered it and it has been signed for by Hawthorne (a name which has appeared in a Parcel Motel complaint on another forum) but my account still shows no sign of the parcel 24 hours later.

I have sent them a support request. Any idea how long it usually takes them to reply? This is quite concerning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

samsamson wrote: »

I hope you took out the extended liability with parcel motel for a laptop
    Why use pm isn't postage free for a laptop

even if you have the extended liability they are impossible to deal with, they never answer the phone, their voicemail is always full, they removed their phone numbers from their website last week although I notice they are back now, they don't answer emails either, I resorted to Twitter and Facebook comments to get my claim sorted, it took over 2 months of contact at least once every single day. I finally received a cheque on Monday. They even blocked me from Facebook so I can no longer even message them there:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I would never send anything expensive via PM. It's ridiculous. Just pay the extra and have it sent direct. In any case, if it's Amazon do they not send it direct for free anyway??

Penny-wise and pound foolish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i had a few items delivered from asda and they kindly left te pm Id out of the address
    Obviously pm didn't know who it was for, I rang them and no answer so I messaged them on Twitter, fella rang me straight away and they searched the miscellaneous section and hey presto found all my items
    That's the only hassle I've had with on and they were very helpful.
    I complained to asda but I may as well have complained to the wall
    I'm sure Amazon delivery is free if £25 is spent, there is no comeback now from Amazon as they have a signature
    Parcel motel insurance is quite low
    Hopefully the person paid by credit card and can claim that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

samsamson wrote: »

Just came here looking about the same issue. Had a phone delivered yesterday morning to Parcel Motel, and signed for by Hawthorne. Was wondering how long it would take to show up.

Just checked again, while typing this and it's there! Marked as In Transit. Took 23.5 hours for it to show up on the Parcel Motel site after it was delivered to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I would never send anything expensive via PM. It's ridiculous. Just pay the extra and have it sent direct. In any case, if it's Amazon do they not send it direct for free anyway??

Penny-wise and pound foolish!

Buying from Amazon.co.uk and getting it sent to Antrim means you pay the lower UK VAT rate of 20% rather than 23% which could be a saving of 15 - 20 quid on an average laptop. Depending on the value of that saving it might be worth sending it to PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Buying from Amazon.co.uk and getting it sent to Antrim means you pay the lower UK VAT rate of 20% rather than 23% which could be a saving of 15 - 20 quid on an average laptop. Depending on the value of that saving it might be worth sending it to PM.

Being English, I am well aware of the VAT rate. I've ordered printers and other electrical goods from Amazon. £15-20 isn't worth it against the time and hassle going via PM. You pay 20%. Wait at least a week before PM send the parcel. And take the risk of something expensive going missing. It also seems from reading the posts on here, that people either don't read the T's & C's carefully enough or simply don't bother to take out the extra insurance.

That's not to say that parcels don't go missing via An Post - they do. But you stand a far better chance of returning or claiming if you need to. So I pay the Irish VAT, have the item sent direct and saves an awful lot of bother. If you've already spent hundred's, then the extra score doesn't make any difference. Still cheaper than a lot of shops anyway!

My point is it might not be worth it to you but may be worth it to the poster, the question was why would you send an expensive item via PM and I offered one reason why someone might do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

samsamson wrote:

Yeah I ha e about the same time waiting to appear as checked in. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Finally picked up my parcel today. Delay of 9 working days. Still, got here in the end so happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

A parcel of mine which was signed for by Hawthorne also seems to have vanished. It was from an Amazon seller and was sent by Parcelforce. Luckily I was able to track it as far as PM and was able to view the proof of delivery signature. Needless to say I seem to be getting the run around by PM with promises of calls back that never happen. It is my first real problem with them and I am not too impressed with their service.

Has anyone been down this road before? How long do they make you wait before coughing up? :mad:

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How long does it take for the parcel to show up on the PM website?

My courier shows it as delivered as 12 today but nothing at all on the PM site yet.

awec wrote: »
    How long does it take for the parcel to show up on the PM website?

My courier shows it as delivered as 12 today but nothing at all on the PM site yet.

It always varied for me, sometimes it would be 4- 5 hours later, sometimes it would be a day later.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It always varied for me, sometimes it would be 4- 5 hours later, sometimes it would be a day later.

Bah, was hoping to have it tomorrow. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement