Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

awec wrote: »
    Bah, was hoping to have it tomorrow. :(

You might still have it tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looking at their Twitter feed is the service breaking down up there or something? They went from flawless to complete sh1t over the last 3 months it seems, I dont think Ill be using them again after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Thargor wrote: »
    Looking at their Twitter feed is the service breaking down up there or something? They went from flawless to complete sh1t over the last 3 months it seems, I dont think Ill be using them again after this.

This really is a shame and a worry. It was such a fantastic idea and now they are going to screw it up by providing crap customer service. Really is a shame if they don't get their act together!

Well personally its not looking good for me, spent all day Monday trying to get in touch with them, finally on the 9th or 10th Facebook message they acknowledged me, wanted a description of the item, screenshot of the Amazon delivery page etc said they'd be in touch first thing in the morning.

Tuesday morning comes of course no reply, started firing off Tweets and FB messages again, they replied saying they would check on it now and would reply before close of business. Nobody replied to me.

Today I tried to get through to them all day with no replies. Ill try again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

awec wrote:
    How long does it take for the parcel to show up on the PM website?

last week it was nearly 5 days for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Well personally its not looking good for me, spent all day Monday trying to get in touch with them, finally on the 9th or 10th Facebook message they acknowledged me, wanted a description of the item, screenshot of the Amazon delivery page etc said they'd be in touch first thing in the morning.

Tuesday morning comes of course no reply, started firing off Tweets and FB messages again, they replied saying they would check on it now and would reply before close of business. Nobody replied to me.

Today I tried to get through to them all day with no replies. Ill try again in the morning.
    It took me just over 2 months and I finally got a cheque with a letter on Monday, In the letter they didn't admit liability and stated the cheque was a gesture of good will:eek: despite them already admitting liability via email. anyway just keep at them every day and don't give up. Be prepared for them to block you from messaging or commenting on Facebook status and stop replying to your emails.

They also noted in the letter that proof of cost by invoice is required, now the item they damaged on me was an item I sold to another PM user via Adverts.ie, I provided proof of sale to the other user by way of paypal receipt, I didn't have an Invoice from the original purchase as it was a long time ago. Never once did they question this in any other correspondence, but I guess what they are getting at here is that their liability does not cover items which are not new. In which case this service is useless if you are using it to send second hand items you are selling and they get damaged or lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I agree, its very worrying, I used the service since its inception without too much issue and during the one issue I had their customer service was excellent, even over xmas I only suffered a 1 or 2 delay with my orders but this thread and their Twitter page has me hesitant to use them again.

• Administrators Posts: 53,831 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My parcel is now showing on the site and is in transit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Does anyone have a contact number for the company? Can't find one on the website. Ordered a mobile phone last week, delivered to them last Friday and still no sign of it on their system. Two requests through their support system with no response to either. Can't see myself ever using the company again it's just not worth the hassle.

The phones dont work 99% of the time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

kencleary wrote: »
    Does anyone have a contact number for the company? Can't find one on the website. Ordered a mobile phone last week, delivered to them last Friday and still no sign of it on their system. Two requests through their support system with no response to either. Can't see myself ever using the company again it's just not worth the hassle.

This number works:

(01) 883 5442

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

Here lads does this work with getting item from ebay uk? Do I just change my address on ebay to the parcel motel NI one? And can I easily switch it back and forth for getting items from ireland and UK? Also silly question but where do I find the belfast address?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

Kerrybai wrote:
    Here lads does this work with getting item from ebay uk? Do I just change my address on ebay to the parcel motel NI one? And can I easily switch it back and forth for getting items from ireland and UK? Also silly question but where do I find the belfast address?

yes and yes. address is in the FAQ on parcelmotel website

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I got a text yesterday to tell me that they have delivered my order to another motel. Ridiculous for them to just do that.

Completely had enough of them. Will look elsewhere now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

their number isn't working for me at this moment in time

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Article from yesterday featuring disgruntled PM customers.

Posting image rather than link as this particular newspaper has a paywall on its website.

Pity they don’t make any mention of PM’s biggest failing IMHO – not enough lockers to cope with high Christmas demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Ha, according to the article a big cause of PMs problems is customers not having their PMID on their parcel.

That wasn't the problem with any of my delayed parcels. Even if it was a problem they should have a process to identify packages like that. A quick text message to every Job Bloggs on their system saying a package has arrived and asking them to ring a support number would result in a reply from the one expecting a package pretty quick.

I think Parcel Motels big problem was their communication. I understand they're busy but when youre looking at a parcel in transit for over a week and can't get any information from the company its natural to come on Boards and start sharing your experience to see if other users are being treated the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I used my pm address on an order from China using Dhl as delivery instead of my home address. Rang up to pay customs today but they don't accept Irish cards for payment in UK apparently . Gave me an option of paying by bank transfer but with aibs fee it is nearly double the customs fee so I don't really want to pay that.

Anything else I can do to? Get the parcel sent to Ireland instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I used my pm address on an order from China using Dhl as delivery instead of my home address. Rang up to pay customs today but they don't accept Irish cards for payment in UK apparently . Gave me an option of paying by bank transfer but with aibs fee it is nearly double the customs fee so I don't really want to pay that.

Anything else I can do to? Get the parcel sent to Ireland instead?

Yup. That is - if the parcel hasn't already been sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yup. That is - if the parcel hasn't already been sent...

Its up north already. Think I'll have them sent it back and re order to my Irish address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

1 month anniversary of sending my parcel from Ireland to the UK which was never booked in at the Irish PM base. They have finally admitted liability (but not in writing) but still wont say for how much or how long I will have to wait for anything further progress. Haven't even been refunded the €14.95 it cost to send it in spite of the fact it never was. Very friendly staff but management and internal procedures in the company are a mess. If you ever need to get rid of incriminating evidence just send it to the UK via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Things seem to be back to normal I had two parcels from Amazon and Amazon marketplace delivered to the north of Friday abd Saturday I had them at my pm Saturday and Sunday.

I always put my pmid either in my name or the first address line when ordering online. luckily haven't had a parcel lost yet even over Christmas I have use them 2-4 times a month since jan 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

1 month anniversary of sending my parcel from Ireland to the UK which was never booked in at the Irish PM base. They have finally admitted liability (but not in writing) but still wont say for how much or how long I will have to wait for anything further progress. Haven't even been refunded the €14.95 it cost to send it in spite of the fact it never was. Very friendly staff but management and internal procedures in the company are a mess. If you ever need to get rid of incriminating evidence just send it to the UK via PM.

Sent a parcel to UK on Friday night. First time to do this. The tracking says it's been received at the pm base on Friday night but no movement since. How long should it take to get to the UK destination? Slightly anxious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

franer1970 wrote: »
    Article from yesterday featuring disgruntled PM customers.

Posting image rather than link as this particular newspaper has a paywall on its website.

Pity they don’t make any mention of PM’s biggest failing IMHO – not enough lockers to cope with high Christmas demand.
    What paper was that in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Which paper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Which paper ?

Sunday Times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Have 3 parcels sent by PM to Collect+ 'gone missing'

PM say Yodel have the parcel. Yodel say they attempted collection but parcels weren't there to collect. PM won't take any responsibility. Literally all they have to do is ring Yodel to arrange another collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Virtanen wrote: »
    What paper was that in?

Yes, The Sunday Times, as Cheshire Cat said.

Here's an article Nightline would rather we were reading I'm sure.
    http://postandparcel.info/63571/news/companies/parcel-locker-network-boosts-nightline-volumes-to-record-levels/

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

What alternative is there to Parcel motel currently for ordering stuff from the Uk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Parcel Connect.

[thread]2057102057[/thread]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement