Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

emo72 wrote: »
    Sent a parcel to UK on Friday night. First time to do this. The tracking says it's been received at the pm base on Friday night but no movement since. How long should it take to get to the UK destination? Slightly anxious.

My experience is delivered within 3 working days to UK (generally 2.5 days), so should be there by tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Still getting passed from one person to another with promises of call back which never happen. My parcel was signed for in Belfast on the 12th of January and just vanished. I can get through to PM ok via landline but never manage to get to speak to anyone I have spoken to before and they all promise the same thing ..... warehouse search .... takes 48 hrs .... will open a claim then. What a load of bull.

Would small claims court work in this case where proof of delivery to their Belfast depot is available?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

irishgeo wrote: »
    is the top by 40euro and get extra cheaper delivery offer still running
    Virtanen wrote: »
    You mean the top up by €35 and get an extra €4.50 credit one, just after they increased the fees? That was only until August 31st

That offer is still going - I had no idea! Nobody mentioned it!?
    My 2 x €35 top ups from August have just run out, so there'll be several more now in case they cop on and end it.

Heavy users (like me) would be mad to use the credit card payment method when this bonus is on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Had a very bad experience with Parcel Motel toward the start of November.

Ordered something oversize from the Uk and when I went to collect it it was badly damaged, the entire side of the box had been "shorn" off and the contents damaged. I refused to sign for it. Initially the staff member was totally unhelpful. Wanted me to accept the parcel then complain using website. I refused. Told me that once I entered my pin number on the keyboard it was me accepting delivery. I asked for his manger, a guy with better manners showed up. initially tried to insist it was not his problem. Couldnt seem to see it had either been signed for damaged by Parcel Motel OR they had damaged it. Eventually he told me I had to ring the customer service, got me a phone number, i phoned and the number was a Musgraves office? He then went and phoned them from a company phone and handed me the phone. Spoke to Nathan who was very helpful and was led to believe there was no problem and I simply had to submit some information and would be refunded.

Thus ensued as much dodging, bs and awful customer service as you can imagine. Eventually after 40 days had passed they agreed to send a cheque and pretended to send one. Then finally a cheque came, for a lower amount than agreed. I just gave up.

I am looking for an alternative. I emailed Parcel Connect asking how much it costs and they were unable to answer and were very unprofessional via email so wouldnt trust them!

Am only using Parcel Motel if I really have to now, am diverting deliveries to my parents house - I started using them in the first place to avoid this!! But their customer service totally lets them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

franer1970 wrote: »
    That offer is still going - I had no idea! Nobody mentioned it!?
    My 2 x €35 top ups from August have just run out, so there'll be several more now in case they cop on and end it.

Heavy users (like me) would be mad to use the credit card payment method when this bonus is on offer.

I hadn't heard about this offer either. So it effectively reduces the delivery charge back to €3.50 (€35 for €39.50 credit or 10 visits).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Strange turn to my €250 motherboard parcel missing since 20th December. It has now turned up in the UK at its destination 1 month later, after PM admitted to losing it. Parcel Motel/Nightline have no explanation where it has been for the past month or how it got there. At least its there but in what state I don't know.

I called PM again today and explained this was now my 23rd phone call trying to figure out what the bloody hell is going on. Met again with a very friendly PM employee who said she would pass on my details to management and promised a callback today which I explained I had been promised 7 times already. Again no callback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Can I get a normal delivery sent to PM? As in not an online purchase, but a package from a friend? If so, should they sent it in the standard postal system or by courier or what? It's just clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Can I get a normal delivery sent to PM? As in not an online purchase, but a package from a friend? If so, should they sent it in the standard postal system or by courier or what? It's just clothes

The cheapest route is avoiding standard An Post parcel post which although next business day is €14.50 for up to 5KG and €19.50 up to 10KG to your Parcel Motel, home or wherever.

If he sends the clothes to your parcel motel address from another parcel motel address ie. his designated PM lockers (assuming you're both in Ireland) - provided it's under 10KG and can fit the dimensions of whatever locker size you choose - it will cost €6.50 max and take a day or two longer:

e0h0h.jpg

http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

(If it's plenty of expensive designer clobber you might consider insurance ... necessary disclaimer just in case :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

has anyone had any joy in contacting them lately?
    i haven't had much trouble with receiving parcels, but sending is another matter altogether. i just can't trust them to send another parcel through them.
    they used to be such a great company. i had nothing but praise for them, but this is end of january now. not christmas anymore -- no excuse for bad customer service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Had a very bad experience with Parcel Motel toward the start of November.

Ordered something oversize from the Uk and when I went to collect it it was badly damaged, the entire side of the box had been "shorn" off and the contents damaged. I refused to sign for it. Initially the staff member was totally unhelpful. Wanted me to accept the parcel then complain using website. I refused. Told me that once I entered my pin number on the keyboard it was me accepting delivery. I asked for his manger, a guy with better manners showed up. initially tried to insist it was not his problem. Couldnt seem to see it had either been signed for damaged by Parcel Motel OR they had damaged it. Eventually he told me I had to ring the customer service, got me a phone number, i phoned and the number was a Musgraves office? He then went and phoned them from a company phone and handed me the phone. Spoke to Nathan who was very helpful and was led to believe there was no problem and I simply had to submit some information and would be refunded.

Thus ensued as much dodging, bs and awful customer service as you can imagine. Eventually after 40 days had passed they agreed to send a cheque and pretended to send one. Then finally a cheque came, for a lower amount than agreed. I just gave up.

I am looking for an alternative. I emailed Parcel Connect asking how much it costs and they were unable to answer and were very unprofessional via email so wouldnt trust them!

Am only using Parcel Motel if I really have to now, am diverting deliveries to my parents house - I started using them in the first place to avoid this!! But their customer service totally lets them down.

Take em to the small claim's court, it will cost you €13 to lodge the case and as its a company they must be represented by a solicitor. So if what your looking for is lower than the cost of a solicitor you'll get a deal. Otherwise ply the case and force a cost of X onto ParcelMotel for inconvenience just like they inconvenienced you.

After the mess at Christmas they are next to impossible to reach on the phone, their live help is conveniently off and any tickets you create are taking up to 5 days for them to even respond (and its a BS stalling response at that). Took 10 days for them reply to my previous emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

Do they operate during the weekend? I want to send a parcel to CeX in Dublin, will they collect it on a Saturday/Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Kerrybai wrote: »
    Do they operate during the weekend? I want to send a parcel to CeX in Dublin, will they collect it on a Saturday/Sunday?

I had parcels deliver to PM on saturdays so assume they will also collect them. Never on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

if I had something delivered to a locker this morning, say 10.00. would I be able to collect it Sunday 17.00? Or is 48 hours the limit even though they won't be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

if I had something delivered to a locker this morning, say 10.00. would I be able to collect it Sunday 17.00? Or is 48 hours the limit even though they won't be working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

PDD wrote: »
    Take em to the small claim's court, it will cost you €13 to lodge the case and as its a company they must be represented by a solicitor. So if what your looking for is lower than the cost of a solicitor you'll get a deal. Otherwise ply the case and force a cost of X onto ParcelMotel for inconvenience just like they inconvenienced you.

In small claims court, you can only claim for the cost of the service, ie.€3.50
    It would need to be a civil case to claim compensation for the damaged goods which is much more costly, see reply from CSOL
    CSOL wrote:
    Under the Small Claims procedure you may only claim the amount paid for the service that failed you. If you are claiming compensation for the damaged items this would be a matter for the Civil Courts wherein legal advice should be sought. Damage can only be claimed through this procedure when the damage is witnessed happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Small claims court can only get you a claim for the cost of the service, ie.€3.50
    it would need to be a civil case to claim for the damaged goods which is much more costly

The annoying part is that Parcel Motel, both on their website and in the initial phonecall to customer service, give the impression that a claim for damages is a breezy easy procedure.

Taking over 40 days and dodging all calls, emails, never calling back etc.. is just appalling. There is NO WAY it takes over 40 days for someone to approve a claim for damages. Even including paperwork, it shouldnt take more than a few days. I strongly suspect they make it as difficult as possible so that people get bored, give up, dont bother pursuing etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigdaddy2010

Since the debacle at Xmas with delays in delivery, I logged into my account this morning to find I'm 11.85 in credit. Was pleased because apart from Xmas I've found their service to be generally excellent and I will continue to use them.

• Advertisement

@bigdaddy2010: I was generally happy with their services too but I think the Xmas debacle just highlighted major problems with ParcelMotel's infrastructure and IT systems. I have had several packages listed as being returned three times by PM yet I never received a text to say a parcel had been dispatched so it went out and back three times without me being notified (I was charged every time of course). PM have accepted this yet still waiting on them to credit the account. Parcels I had delivered at the start of Dec are only getting to me now and most disturbingly when I was speaking to someone in the warehouse he explained that once it is returned to PM three times it won't be dispatched again and is put in storage but what he said was "after that its fair game". Also their customer service is also atrocious, the have stopped picking up the phones now if you ring them you will hear someone pickup and hang up. Its taking them about 5 days to reply to any email's/support tickets and at that they are just doing a bull**** response. Their IT systems seem to be a complete joke, there claim you can see your account activity online but it's really only what they want you to see as it doesn't reflect real account activity (so many missing parcels that were dispatched but not listed etc). Apart from being moronic and thinking they could keep it quiet PM is doing very little to lift itself out of this and I suspect it will be the end of PM. Their customer service response to this is appalling and I can see alot of court cases in PM's future.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigdaddy2010

PDD wrote: »
    @bigdaddy2010: I was generally happy with their services too but I think the Xmas debacle just highlighted major problems with ParcelMotel's infrastructure and IT systems. I have had several packages listed as being returned three times by PM yet I never received a text to say a parcel had been dispatched so it went out and back three times without me being notified (I was charged every time of course). PM have accepted this yet still waiting on them to credit the account. Parcels I had delivered at the start of Dec are only getting to me now and most disturbingly when I was speaking to someone in the warehouse he explained that once it is returned to PM three times it won't be dispatched again and is put in storage but what he said was "after that its fair game". Also their customer service is also atrocious, the have stopped picking up the phones now if you ring them you will hear someone pickup and hang up. Its taking them about 5 days to reply to any email's/support tickets and at that they are just doing a bull**** response. Their IT systems seem to be a complete joke, there claim you can see your account activity online but it's really only what they want you to see as it doesn't reflect real account activity (so many missing parcels that were dispatched but not listed etc). Apart from being moronic and thinking they could keep it quiet PM is doing very little to lift itself out of this and I suspect it will be the end of PM. Their customer service response to this is appalling and I can see alot of court cases in PM's future.

In fairness I'd be frustrated if that happened to me. Only rang customer service once over Xmas and guy I spoke to was pleasant and sorted out my issue. Hopefully they'll learn from the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I haven't used PM services during Christmas spree but have used before that quite a few times. I didn't have any issues. After Christmas, this is the first time I used PM service. I ordered a product from UK on Jan 19. The website has updated today at 14:10 as the order had reached Belfast today and been in transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

First ever problem tonight for me. Opened the locker and someone elses package was in there. Good chance the other person has been given mine since they were both big boxes and the delivery guy probably confused mine with the other one.

Call them tomorrow I guess is the way to sort it? I can't see anything about being given the wrong package in their support section online.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jj288988

Hi I was just wondering if anyone would know when my package will arrive in my parcel motel locker, if it only arrived with parcel motel this morning? I really need to have it for tomorrow.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

i got an email and a text that there is a package in my local parcel motel locker, i didnt order anything-normally only use parcel motel with amazon and i didnt buy anything there-, what do i do?

whelan2 wrote: »
    i got an email and a text that there is a package in my local parcel motel locker, i didnt order anything-normally only use parcel motel with amazon and i didnt buy anything there-, what do i do?

Take a look at the photo of it in your account, if it's a letter - likely to be junk mail/invoice. Collect it and let them know it's spam and they should recredit your account. If it belongs to someone else they'll do the same and collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

styron wrote: »
    Take a look at the photo of it in your account, if it's a letter - likely to be junk mail/invoice. Collect it and let them know it's spam and they should recredit your account. If it belongs to someone else they'll do the same and collect it.
    the photo is off a white jiffy bag, postage stamp from the uk, there is a corner of what ever is in it sticking out, looks like a skylander figure package, checked my ebay and amazon i didnt order anything

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

jj288988 wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone would know when my package will arrive in my parcel motel locker, if it only arrived with parcel motel this morning? I really need to have it for tomorrow.
    Thanks

It depends on the rush at your PM locker. I got a message today morning that the parcel is in the PM locker; the parcel arrived to PM Belfast yesterday afternoon.

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    the photo is off a white jiffy bag, postage stamp from the uk, there is a corner of what ever is in it sticking out, looks like a skylander figure package, checked my ebay and amazon i didnt order anything

Unless you can screen cap and blow up the address label to sufficiently determine it isn't yours - you'll likely have to collect it. With the UK stamp can hardly be some Chinese techno knick-knack you ordered months ago either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement