Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jj288988

mac.in wrote: »
    It depends on the rush at your PM locker. I got a message today morning that the parcel is in the PM locker; the parcel arrived to PM Belfast yesterday afternoon.

Thanks. Amazon delivered it at 7:45 this morning and it still hasn't shown up on the pm website. Do you think there is much hope of it being delivered before 3pm tomorrow (Sunday) as I really need it asap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,529 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

styron wrote: »
    Unless you can screen cap and blow up the address label to sufficiently determine it isn't yours - you'll likely have to collect it. With the UK stamp can hardly be some Chinese techno knick-knack you ordered months ago either.
    its duplicate order of something i bought a month ago, skylander triple pack, what do i do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

whelan2 wrote: »
    its duplicate order of something i bought a month ago, skylander triple pack, what do i do now?

A similar scenario happened a couple of weeks ago - gadgetman496 (#6230) did the heavy lifting on the Terms & Conditions:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663&page=416

If murphf could give an indication of how things went down?

The T&C's seem to indicate PM have grounds for extracting the €3.95 even if you refuse the package despite Amazon being negligent in sending a duplicate (weeks later?). If they're collectables I assume you could recoup by selling them on? (assuming Amazon haven't charged you for the duplicate). Incurring additional postage to send them back makes little sense on low price items even if you did get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

The annoying part is that Parcel Motel, both on their website and in the initial phonecall to customer service, give the impression that a claim for damages is a breezy easy procedure.

Taking over 40 days and dodging all calls, emails, never calling back etc.. is just appalling. There is NO WAY it takes over 40 days for someone to approve a claim for damages. Even including paperwork, it shouldnt take more than a few days. I strongly suspect they make it as difficult as possible so that people get bored, give up, dont bother pursuing etc...

Christ I thought I was the only one.

Back on Dec 8th a package arrived. There was nothing in it. The nature of the package meant that someone actively had to steal the contents. Logged onto the site and the package was completely sealed when it reached Parcel Motel.

Since then it's been nothing short of a nightmare dealing with them. Constant promises of call backs and then nothing. I've been asked for the pictures they initially asked me for on a second occasion, a week after they told me the claim had been approved. Why would they want the images I'd sent through again? About a week after Christmas I got a number of auto responded emails to say my issue had been solved. I've had to ring them numerous times and every single time I've been promised a call back and still nothing.

Is there anything that can be done? Is there someone to complain Parcel Motel to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Christ I thought I was the only one.

Back on Dec 8th a package arrived. There was nothing in it. The nature of the package meant that someone actively had to steal the contents. Logged onto the site and the package was completely sealed when it reached Parcel Motel.

Since then it's been nothing short of a nightmare dealing with them. Constant promises of call backs and then nothing. I've been asked for the pictures they initially asked me for on a second occasion, a week after they told me the claim had been approved. Why would they want the images I'd sent through again? About a week after Christmas I got a number of auto responded emails to say my issue had been solved. I've had to ring them numerous times and every single time I've been promised a call back and still nothing.

Is there anything that can be done? Is there someone to complain Parcel Motel to?

Threaten them with Small Claims Court, your solicitor. Tell your story on all of their social media.

Finally, vote with your feet and stop using them unless you really have to.

I'm still on the lookout for an alternative, there's a large market share waiting to be exploited by someone who knows how to do customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

jj288988 wrote: »
    Thanks. Amazon delivered it at 7:45 this morning and it still hasn't shown up on the pm website. Do you think there is much hope of it being delivered before 3pm tomorrow (Sunday) as I really need it asap :(

If it hasn't shown up by now in the PM website, it is unlikely that you get it by today 15:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I have a parcel "in transit" since last Thursday 22nd. I had to top my account to get it released. I called the contact number of Friday and the guy said 48 hours in transit which should have been yesterday.

Is there any number a person can call on a Sunday to find out where a parcel is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

dixiefly wrote: »
    I have a parcel "in transit" since last Thursday 22nd. I had to top my account to get it released. I called the contact number of Friday and the guy said 48 hours in transit which should have been yesterday.

Is there any number a person can call on a Sunday to find out where a parcel is?

Sadly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jj288988

mac.in wrote: »
    If it hasn't shown up by now in the PM website, it is unlikely that you get it by today 15:00.

It showed up on their website yesterday around 2pm as in transit and has been since. I know I said that I needed it for 3pm today but I can wait until 5pm no longer. Do you think I have any chance at all of having it today??

jj288988 wrote: »
    It showed up on their website yesterday around 2pm as in transit and has been since. I know I said that I needed it for 3pm today but I can wait until 5pm no longer. Do you think I have any chance at all of having it today??

It depends on the location of your PM locker. For my PM locker, it takes overnight for the delivery from the time it's received. If you are in urgency, you could contact your local Nightline Depot and ask if you could collect from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Sadly not.

In the past I have generally received the item within 2 days. I see that it is still in the depot (4 days now). Does this happen often?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

They don't deliver on Sunday as far as I know.

Libera wrote: »
    They don't deliver on Sunday as far as I know.

Some people in this thread have mentioned and infact shown some screenshots of their PM account that shows that the parcels have been delivered on Sundays too. I presume it's the location that decides whether it's served on Sundays or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Had delivery on saturday once. Sligo motel.

Never on sunday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Do Parcel Motel\Nightline still have a Depot in Galway?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Do Parcel Motel\Nightline still have a Depot in Galway?

According to their website they do :-

Block B
    Galway Business Park
    Deerpark Industrial Estate
    Oranmore
    Galway

Customer Service
    Lo Call 1890 321 890
    Phone +353 (0)91 795100
    Fax +353 (0)91 788024
    Email galway@nightline-delivers.com

joujoujou wrote: »
    Had delivery on saturday once. Sligo motel.

Never on sunday though.

I too had the delivery to my PM locker on Sat but not on Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    First ever problem tonight for me. Opened the locker and someone elses package was in there. Good chance the other person has been given mine since they were both big boxes and the delivery guy probably confused mine with the other one.

Call them tomorrow I guess is the way to sort it? I can't see anything about being given the wrong package in their support section online.

The thread has so much negative feedback, so I thought I would add something positive from my first dealings with Parcel Motel CS.

I received my pin on Friday morning. Picked up the package that night. It was a large box like I had been expecting. After picking it up I noticed that it was addressed to someone else. The delivery driver had made a simple mistake and put someone elses big box in my locker and mine into the other locker. They put the packages into the locker over here in Sligo at 3am/4am so the guy was probably tired!

I called first thing Saturday morning and everything was sorted in 10 minutes. They arranged for Nightline to come and collect the box from me on Monday. The other guy had not picked up my package from his locker yet, so they cancelled the pin and let him know the situation. The driver arrived as scheduled and took the package. Mine was returned to the depot and is on it's way to the locker again.

I received two free stays for the trouble.

This was my first problem with Parcel Motel after over 110 successful deliveries. I was dreading having to deal with their CS after reading this thread, but it really wasn't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

pissed wrote: »
    Still getting passed from one person to another with promises of call back which never happen. My parcel was signed for in Belfast on the 12th of January and just vanished. I can get through to PM ok via landline but never manage to get to speak to anyone I have spoken to before and they all promise the same thing ..... warehouse search .... takes 48 hrs .... will open a claim then. What a load of bull.

Would small claims court work in this case where proof of delivery to their Belfast depot is available?

Let me know how you get on. I'm in exactly the same position. Parcel delivered ok to Parcel Motel, absolutely no sign of it appearing on their system and all sorts of excuses and promises to get back to me that are never honoured. Wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Have a look on the Consumer Issues section, RTE's The Consumer Show some of you having issues should try to contact them, you might get a resolution to the issues with PM
    Hello all,

RTE's The Consumer Show is interested in hearing from anyone who's having problems with their parcel delivery.

Please get in touch with us so we can help investigate it.

Email our correspondent Tadhg Enright on tadhg@cocotelevision.ie

Thanks!

The Consumer Show team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Heard an ad yesterday for Parcel Wizard. That might kick them into shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Mine arrived in Belfast yesterday morning but showing today as till at their depot. I presume this means they don't deliver on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

keano25 wrote:
    Mine arrived in Belfast yesterday morning but showing today as till at their depot. I presume this means they don't deliver on Saturday?

Had a parcel arrive in Belfast yesterday, its currently in a van on way to my locker. They def deliver on Saturdays to some locations. Sometimes deliver Sundays too.

moleyv wrote: »
    Had a parcel arrive in Belfast yesterday, its currently in a van on way to my locker. They def deliver on Saturdays to some locations. Sometimes deliver Sundays too.

Feck you anyway lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

keano25 wrote: »

Mine arrived in belfast yesterday also, Wasn't sure if the delivered today but got a text there to say its in clonmel ready for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

How are these lot with parcels to the UK? I have to send 2 iPod's I sold on Amazon for 200 plus. An Post won't take them as they have a battery blah blah blah.

Would I be better off with GLS? GLS will also send them for 15 euro each.

neasyerac wrote: »
    Mine arrived in belfast yesterday also, Wasn't sure if the delivered today but got a text there to say its in clonmel ready for me.

Feck you too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Kerrybai wrote: »
    How are these lot with parcels to the UK? I have to send 2 iPod's I sold on Amazon for 200 plus. An Post won't take them as they have a battery blah blah blah.

I've sent a couple to the UK now with no issues (one irreplacable documents). I think you will limited to €100 cover per parcel unless entend to €500 for an etra €3.50 (assuming cover works same was for sending as receiving). Under 3 days delivery to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

Libera wrote: »
    I've sent a couple to the UK now with no issues (one irreplacable documents). I think you will limited to €100 cover per parcel unless entend to €500 for an etra €3.50 (assuming cover works same was for sending as receiving). Under 3 days delivery to UK.

Ah Ok, one is actually only worth 80 so might send that with this lost and the other with GLS and then see which one gets there first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Kerrybai wrote: »

PM's sold as a 3-5 day UK service but pick-up/transit can be "leisurely" with poor real time tracking - amazing value at the 5-10KG spectrum though. No experience of GLS and kinda surprised anyone is matching PM but if GLS are offering more than the €100 standard liability cover under PM, I'd be keener to try them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement