Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Kerrybai

styron wrote: »
    PM's sold as a 3-5 day UK service but pick-up/transit can be "leisurely" with poor real time tracking - amazing value at the 5-10KG spectrum though. No experience of GLS and kinda surprised anyone is matching PM but if GLS are offering more than the €100 standard liability cover under PM, I'd be keener to try them.

https://gls-group.eu/IE/en/parcel-shops/parcel-shop-prices

GLS match them but the package has to be quite small, once it hits medium it goes to 21.50. GLS are also great for other EU countries.

I read somewhere that it was 350, i'll ask today at my local GLS shop before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

PM's sold as a 3-5 day UK service but pick-up/transit can be "leisurely" with poor real time tracking - amazing value at the 5-10KG spectrum though.

THIS.
    i've sent about 5-6 parcels to the UK. excellent value, but not that fast of a service. and tracking is pretty dire!

Right I went a bit nuts on Amazon. I have put in 2 orders over the last couple of days to the PM belfast address. I then signedup for amazon prime tonight and went a bit mad with that.

The Amazon prime delivery should hit belfast tomorrow, I'm just wondering what happens if my other 2 deliveries hit Belfast tomorrow too... I assume I pay the 3.95 for each parcel, but does each one go into a different PM locker? I'm just worried they won't have enough lockers.
    PM's sold as a 3-5 day UK service but pick-up/transit can be "leisurely" with poor real time tracking - amazing value at the 5-10KG spectrum though. No experience of GLS and kinda surprised anyone is matching PM but if GLS are offering more than the €100 standard liability cover under PM, I'd be keener to try them.

At the bottom of my GLS receipt it says 350 euro liability. Parcels can be up to 50KG too I think. It really depends on the size of the parcel with regard to matching parcelmotels prices. Having said that parcelmotel is no good for the bigger parcels so again GLS has an advantage there. Tracking seems to be up to date so far as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PlanetGene

Just want to say that I'm really impressed with this service, I just want to send my first parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I had my first oversize last week and it arrived to PM a day earlier than expected. Got the txt alert to tell me it could be collected at the Dublin Depot or delivered to my door for €10.50. I am in Galway & I thought, here we go, here's my first bad experience with PM.

I rang the number in the txt and got through straight away, explained I was in Galway & the guy said that was no problem he'd overnight it to the Galway Depot, he told me it would be there any time after 9.00am the following morning and that the original txt I got would suffice for collection there.

I went to the Galway Depot at 9.30 the following morning, was greeted by a very pleasant chap who produced my package straight away & in perfect condition.

Can't complain with that service to be honest.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

I had my first oversize last week and it arrived to PM a day earlier than expected. Got the txt alert to tell me it could be collected at the Dublin Depot or delivered to my door for €10.50. I am in Galway & I thought, here we go, here's my first bad experience with PM.

I rang the number in the txt and got through straight away, explained I was in Galway & the guy said that was no problem he'd overnight it to the Galway Depot, he told me it would be there any time after 9.00am the following morning and that the original txt I got would suffice for collection there.

I went to the Galway Depot at 9.30 the following morning, was greeted by a very pleasant chap who produced my package straight away & in perfect condition.

Can't complain with that service to be honest.

Would parcelconnect be better for bigger parcels? If I'm not mistake it costs 4.50 and the parcel can be up to 1.5m?

Ah Christ when I ordered from Amazon Prime I never choose 'group delivers' so they sent it in 3 separate deliveries... so that's an extra 3.95 X2 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Kerrybai wrote: »
    Ah Christ when I ordered from Amazon Prime I never choose 'group delivers' so they sent it in 3 separate deliveries... so that's an extra 3.95 X2 :o

They often do that anyway even if you specify to group the deliveries.

They often do that anyway even if you specify to group the deliveries.

Ah ****e I guess they are no good with parcelmotel then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Ah ****e I guess they are no good with parcelmotel then!

I think you kind of learn how to play the system. Usually I try to order one order that comes entirely from Amazon (not marketplace sellers) and that all the items are in stock - if any are out of stock I take them off the order. That gives you the best chance of just one delivery.

A lot of times with Amazon, depending on what you order, postage to Ireland is still more than 4 euro so even if they do split the order, you are still doing ok.

But I do wish they would just pack it in one delivery when you ask them to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

According to royal mail tracking, an amazon package i had sent to parcel motel was signed for at 7am this morning. how long does it normally take it to be logged into their system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Three items checked in since Monday. No text. WTF is going on. ? I am beginning to have my doubts about this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

bur wrote: »
    According to royal mail tracking, an amazon package i had sent to parcel motel was signed for at 7am this morning. how long does it normally take it to be logged into their system?

usually the same day by evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

So support finally contacted me today for the issue that's ongoing since early Dec. They contacted me to tell me that the issue is resolved......but if it's not resolved to reply to the email.

That was their response to a mail I'd sent on January 15th.
    Parcel Motel
    Feb 5, 12:22

Hi ***********,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you in regards to this.
    Can you please advise if his has been resolved or if this is still outstanding?
    If so please let me know and I will investigate this for you straight away.
    If this has been resolved by one of my colleagues please disregard this e-mail.
    Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Figured I would let you know how I got on with GLS. Dropped 2 XS packages into my local GLS shop on the Saturday. They were picked up on the Monday and delivered to the Uk address's at 9 AM and 2PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I got a parcel notification message at 720 on Saturday morning.
    This morning at 810 I tried to collect (yes I know 48 hours and 50 minutes later)

It said my parcel had "expired" (but not "returned")
    I find it hard to believe it was returned in that 50 minute window.

Do they just not allow access to a parcel after 48 hours? Even though it may still be sitting there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I just noticed today that if you fill in the Shopping Tracker details on PM it offers cover of up to €250.

My Shopping Tracker
    Keep track of your shopping and help us to ensure that your parcel gets to you without delay by providing us with some details about the parcels you are expecting.
    If your parcel arrives without a PMID and/or name your Shopping Tracker details will assist us in the identification process.
    As an incentive, we are giving free extended liability up to €250 per parcel (standard liability €100) when you add your parcel details to the Parcel Motel Shopping Tracker. Standard liability is €100

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

mathie wrote: »
    I got a parcel notification message at 720 on Saturday morning.
    This morning at 810 I tried to collect (yes I know 48 hours and 50 minutes later)

It said my parcel had "expired" (but not "returned")
    I find it hard to believe it was returned in that 50 minute window.

Do they just not allow access to a parcel after 48 hours? Even though it may still be sitting there?

They tend to drop off at 7am each morning so it would stand to reason that they collect at that time too.

I finally got the stolen item refunded, almost two months later. I hope Parcel Wizard can replace Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

They tend to drop off at 7am each morning so it would stand to reason that they collect at that time too.

That's not true for most locations. They tend to be filled during the night, however most customers have notifications (auto-)setup not to get a text before 7am, well after the parcel was put in the motel. If you also have email notifications they will give a more accurate time indication of when the parcal was delivered. I don't know if PM use the actual delivery time or the time the text was sent for the 48hr window...

flyguy wrote: »
    That's not true for most locations. They tend to be filled during the night, however most customers have notifications (auto-)setup not to get a text before 7am, well after the parcel was put in the motel. If you also have email notifications they will give a more accurate time indication of when the parcal was delivered. I don't know if PM use the actual delivery time or the time the text was sent for the 48hr window...

Oh do we get 48 hours to collect the parcel ? or is it 24 before we get charged an extra night stay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Oh do we get 48 hours to collect the parcel ? or is it 24 before we get charged an extra night stay?
    No, the €3.95 covers you for up to 48 hours. Only after that do you have to pay extra to have it redelivered

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

If you (like me) use the parcel motel nearest my work as there is none where i live, you'd want to be careful if parcel motel deliver you package on a Friday evening after you've left work.

With the 48 hour limit, it'll expire Sunday evening and you'll have to pay another €3.95 to get it back.

I don't think Sundays should be included in the 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

I tried PM for the first time and got to say excellent service.
    1 parcel arrived earlier, i ordered 2 items they both arrived the same day but yea was charged double instead of putting it in one box. Checked online (email and their website) it was in the box after midnight but only got the text at 7am that morning.

I guess it just depends on your availability (PM website). As someone stated above, the default setting was 7am - 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

currently, what is the turn around for sending parcels from belfast to dublin motels once they receive it?same day/night?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Spipov wrote: »
    currently, what is the turn around for sending parcels from belfast to dublin motels once they receive it?same day/night?

If they receive it early enough in Newtonabbey it should hit a motel in Dublin that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Just wanted to balance up some of the negatively on here. Have used parcel motel a few times and have been 100% satisfied with the service. I was double charged for a parcel over Christmas, contacted them and it was rectified a week or two later. Excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Just wanted to balance up some of the negatively on here. Have used parcel motel a few times and have been 100% satisfied with the service. I was double charged for a parcel over Christmas, contacted them and it was rectified a week or two later. Excellent service.

Same here, no issues at all. Used 20 plus times, latest time my sister posted something on Tuesday morning to Northern PM address, got it Thursday morning which is a record for me anyway.

Only good experiences for me as well. I wanted to write this for a long time, but to me it seems the vast majority of bad experiences come from users who have a parcel arriving @pm without a pmid.
    Let's be clear on this; if your parcel arrives without pmid it is either your fault or the sellers fault, it is most definitely not pm's fault so stop blaming pm for ANY delay that subsequently occurs. It's like adressing a parcel with "John Doe, Dublin" and then complaining that An Post didn't figure out where it should have gone. No PMID means more work for pm and at busy times I would understand if they toss those packages to the side until they've time to look at them. It can easily happen, most uk sites -like Amazon- have address correction on their sites and if you use the suggested option the pmid will be removed, if you don't pay attention it's easily missed. However like I said; not pm's fault, same goes if you did put the pmid on but the seller didn't; take it up with the seller for not addressing it properly. Do not come complaining here that pm's service is bad, you should be happy they take the time -eventually- to find your INCORRECTLY addressed item.
    Edit/ I should add, also don't complain about parcels that you think/hope/believe have been delivered, but must have been lost by pm if you don't have proof of delivery/tracking, it probably wasn't delivered or had the pmid missing. No proof means not pm's fault.
    Sorry rant over and obviously all other genuine complaints about properly addressed but badly handled items definitely deserve improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

What do you mean you cant follow up? The seller sent the items untracked, you (pm) didn't recieve the items. It is now up to the seller to refund or reship the items. If you paid with PayPal you'll get a refund if the seller can't prove the items were delivered. As long as you can't prove they were delivered not a PM issue though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement