Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Used Parcel Motel since the beginning, never had a problem. My question though, do new registered members not get 2-3 free drops anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

camz09 wrote: »
    Used Parcel Motel since the beginning, never had a problem. My question though, do new registered members not get 2-3 free drops anymore?

No they don't, I think some did get the sleepers andd/or mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭narmst

So Nintendo UK store have refused to ship to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey.

Is there any other parcel motel UK mainland address that anyone has found so I can give Nintendo that address?

Right now I'm getting parcels sent to a friend in Portadown. But collecting them costs a lot in Diesel.
    Has anyone found a way to post from NI to the Newtownabbey parcel motel .. for example I looked for a Parcel Motel in Portadown where I could give him my login and he could post to me .. but it's a South only thing it seems.
    Anyone any ideas how cheaply to get a parcel from Portadown to Parcel Motel .. either NI or South?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

narmst wrote: »
    So Nintendo UK store have refused to ship to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey.

Is there any other parcel motel UK mainland address that anyone has found so I can give Nintendo that address?

Right now I'm getting parcels sent to a friend in Portadown. But collecting them costs a lot in Diesel.
    Has anyone found a way to post from NI to the Newtownabbey parcel motel .. for example I looked for a Parcel Motel in Portadown where I could give him my login and he could post to me .. but it's a South only thing it seems.
    Anyone any ideas how cheaply to get a parcel from Portadown to Parcel Motel .. either NI or South?

Thanks in advance!

What reason do they give ? If it says on their shipping details that they ship to all Uk addresses then why not to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey ? Where is the shop that you ordered from--is it Uk mainland or northern Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

I checked Nintendo.co.uk website and it says Uk And Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

rusty999 wrote: »
    What reason do they give ? If it says on their shipping details that they ship to all Uk addresses then why not to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey ? Where is the shop that you ordered from--is it Uk mainland or northern Ireland?

Some companies won't ship to Parcel Motel citing security concerns as the reason, I'm not 100% sure what the security concerns might be, maybe something like it adds another party into the chain of distribution and can blur where things get lost and who is responsible for replacing lost or damaged items.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Used PM for the first time since the back log over xmas there last week and everything seems to be back to normal, two packages received in Antrim on Friday morning and both stored in my local lockers by Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I was unable to pick up a parcel in 48 hrs. do they automatically send it out again after it comes back to the depot? or do I have to do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I was unable to pick up a parcel in 48 hrs. do they automatically send it out again after it comes back to the depot? or do I have to do something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

moleyv wrote:

They will send it out again in about fourty eight hours you will get a text again.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

flyguy wrote: »
    Only good experiences for me as well. I wanted to write this for a long time, but to me it seems the vast majority of bad experiences come from users who have a parcel arriving @pm without a pmid.
    Let's be clear on this; if your parcel arrives without pmid it is either your fault or the sellers fault, it is most definitely not pm's fault so stop blaming pm for ANY delay that subsequently occurs. It's like adressing a parcel with "John Doe, Dublin" and then complaining that An Post didn't figure out where it should have gone. No PMID means more work for pm and at busy times I would understand if they toss those packages to the side until they've time to look at them. It can easily happen, most uk sites -like Amazon- have address correction on their sites and if you use the suggested option the pmid will be removed, if you don't pay attention it's easily missed. However like I said; not pm's fault, same goes if you did put the pmid on but the seller didn't; take it up with the seller for not addressing it properly. Do not come complaining here that pm's service is bad, you should be happy they take the time -eventually- to find your INCORRECTLY addressed item.
    Edit/ I should add, also don't complain about parcels that you think/hope/believe have been delivered, but must have been lost by pm if you don't have proof of delivery/tracking, it probably wasn't delivered or had the pmid missing. No proof means not pm's fault.
    Sorry rant over and obviously all other genuine complaints about properly addressed but badly handled items definitely deserve improvement.

Sorry but that is complete and utter rubbish. Most people's problems on here are nothing to do with PMIDs. My own item arrived to the parcel motel locker on time but the item had been removed from the package. That didn't even bother me. It was the 2 solid months of having to contact them repeatedly for updates. Their customer service don't update customers on the status of their issues. They send out blanket emails pretty much stating "Your issue has been resolved......uhm but if it hasn't then get in touch" and when you get in touch the whole, shambolic episode begins again.

If you email their support you don't even get an autoresponder to say they've received your mail. That is a pretty basic acknowledgment they could start with.

But sure yeah, my PMID was missing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Clearly we disagree. As I said PM has its problems and communication could definitely be better. However I think issues like you had are rare, can't think of many posts here regarding items that were taken from a delivered package.
    If you read through this thread though most complained about problems are misplaced/lost parcels, for someone who hasn't used PM and only reads this thread it seems like they lose parcels all the time. I think in reality it happens less than this thread makes it appear and most of the time it's not PMs fault.
    The posts are usually along the line of: "PM lost my parcel, hence PM service is crap" If other users ask for details the reply is often -not always- "well I don't know if/when it was delivered because item was untracked but it must have been delivered." Often parcels turn up later, cause they were actually delivered much later than the user expected or because they were found after a search for by PM. Some users even come back and say "well it was found by PM and it took such a long time cause the PMID was missing" but then they somehow still blame PM when they are clearly not to blame.
    My post was mostly saying don't complain/post here about a missing parcel if you don't have: 1. Proof it was delivered (tracking) 2. Confirmation the correct PMID and name were on the parcel. This thread would read a lot better IMO.
    Communication is complained about often, but if your PMID is on the parcel it's unlikely you'll encounter a problem -unlike your case- and you won't actually have to communicate with them...

Clearly we disagree. As I said PM has its problems and communication could definitely be better. However I think issues like you had are rare, can't think of many posts here regarding items that were taken from a delivered package.
    If you read through this thread though most complained about problems are misplaced/lost parcels, for someone who hasn't used PM and only reads this thread it seems like they lose parcels all the time. I think in reality it happens less than this thread makes it appear and most of the time it's not PMs fault.
    The posts are usually along the line of: "PM lost my parcel, hence PM service is crap" If other users ask for details the reply is often -not always- "well I don't know if/when it was delivered because item was untracked but it must have been delivered." Often parcels turn up later, cause they were actually delivered much later than the user expected or because they were found after a search for by PM. Some users even come back and say "well it was found by PM and it took such a long time cause the PMID was missing" but then they somehow still blame PM when they are clearly not to blame.
    My post was mostly saying don't complain/post here about a missing parcel if you don't have: 1. Proof it was delivered (tracking) 2. Confirmation the correct PMID and name were on the parcel. This thread would read a lot better IMO.
    Communication is complained about often, but if your PMID is on the parcel it's unlikely you'll encounter a problem -unlike your case- and you won't actually have to communicate with them...

There were complaints about parcels being misplaced because they were sitting in depots for weeks. These weren't people with virgin PM accounts, they were people who had been using the service for ages. Have you even read the thread?

Your last sentence is bizarre. Ok, so their communication is atrocious, but just don't find anything to communicate to them about. How about they improve their communication?

Over Christmas there were notifications to customers about delays. Y'know how they dealt with the problems they were having with customer deliveries? They took their phone number down off the website.

There were complaints about parcels being misplaced because they were sitting in depots for weeks. These weren't people with virgin PM accounts, they were people who had been using the service for ages. Have you even read the thread?

Your last sentence is bizarre. Ok, so their communication is atrocious, but just don't find anything to communicate to them about. How about they improve their communication?

Over Christmas there were no notifications to customers about delays. Y'know how they dealt with the problems they were having with customer deliveries? They took their phone number down off the website.

Have you? Post #1 of this thread will give you an idea if I have...

Over Christmas there were no notifications to customers about delays. Y'know how they dealt with the problems they were having with customer deliveries? They took their phone number down off the website.

So I am actually agreeing with you, as reported here numerous times their communication seems to be bad, however apart from the rare case like yours communication with PM will not be required. Yes they do need to improve comms and any complaint like yours and other genuine ones need to be fixed by pm, too bad the thread mostly full of the cases I'm referring to. Or maybe pm is too busy dealing with people forgetting to put their PMID on their parcel;-)

Have you? Post #1 of this thread will give you an idea if I have...

So I am actually agreeing with you, as reported here numerous times their communication seems to be bad, however apart from the rare case like yours communication with PM will not be required. Yes they do need to improve comms and any complaint like yours and other genuine ones need to be fixed by pm, too bad the thread mostly full of the cases I'm referring to. Or maybe pm is too busy dealing with people forgetting to put their PMID on their parcel;-)

If the majority of the problems were with customers not filling in their PMID then irate customers wouldn't have been contacting the consumer show or the newspapers or having to resort to contacting PM by social media (this seems to be the only place they would respond).

PM dropped the ball before Christmas, simple as. I don't think anyone should be expecting something they order in December to land on their doorstep a few days later but they don't expect it to sit in a depot for over a week either. Haven't you read the thread about parcels ending up in incorrect lockers, customers receiving texts and on arrival there's nothing in the locker and so on? This isn't a case of PMIDs. It's a case of a ball being seriously dropped and hoping that if they ignore it it'll go away.

I've said it before, it's a great service...until something goes wrong because then it's a pantomime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hmm parcel force delivered a package to Belfast at 14.20 yesterday scanned copy of signature on their website and nearly 28 hours later still hasn't shown up as received on my Parcel Motel account, which is worrying.
    Update I knew the minute I posted on here the shipment would hit my PM account lol!

I've said it before, it's a great service...until something goes wrong because then it's a pantomime.

Finally we've reach agreement;-) I'm just one of the lucky ones where -so far- nothing has gone wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Just picked my 12th parcel tonight and still have had no problems. Fantastic service. Can't fault them in any way. My only worry is that some websites are saying they won't deliver to a PM address (because they are creaming us on delivery with a contracted company).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Are parcels delivered to parcel motels on Saturdays?

mytime wrote: »
    Are parcels delivered to parcel motels on Saturdays?

Yes at least in Dublin, not sure if around the country they also deliver on Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

nava wrote: »
    Yes at least in Dublin, not sure if around the country they also deliver on Saturdays

I'm in Waterford, so I'll have to wait and see

mytime wrote: »
    I'm in Waterford, so I'll have to wait and see

If you logon to the website you should see if it's in transit, loaded to van, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Edit: all sorted

Hmm parcel force delivered a package to Belfast at 14.20 yesterday scanned copy of signature on their website and nearly 28 hours later still hasn't shown up as received on my Parcel Motel account, which is worrying.
    Update I knew the minute I posted on here the shipment would hit my PM account lol!

Well my delivery didn't hit my parcel motel on Friday night or Saturday night which has me worried typically when it's checked in I usually have it on the night it's checked in.
    Just wondering what people find is the effective way to chase up on a package I'm not to confident about their customer service call centre, Twitter they don't seem to monitor direct messages haven't tried Facebook. Anyone any experience in tracking their missing checked in packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] Anyone any experience in tracking their missing checked in packages?

Try this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

cant seem to login tonight at all:(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

dobsdave wrote: »
    cant seem to login tonight at all:(

I successfully registered a Littlewood's return online at 6.50pm, but when my husband went to drop it off at 8pm(it's an in-store service, not the lockers) the machine in the shop won't accept the code.

I have been trying to log in to my account since then, but failing every time :(

• Advertisement

Yep site down for me as well. I rang them today and they apologised for the delay on my delivery and credited me a stay on my account and guaranteed delivery to my motel tonight doesn't look like it's going to happen with their system down so back on the phone to them in the morning :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement