Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Some technical issues on the website, can't login here either, my first time seeing it in almost two years as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Picked up my parcel today. Excellent service as always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Their service in general has been okay, but Christ the barcode scanner at the lockers is absolute shít!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So rang them again this morning and apparently my package was stored last night but the locker didn't generate the pin, I asked was this due to the site being down and he said they were in the process of updating their website. My saga continues as the driver has to go out tonight and take my package and then re-store it. Have to say this is the first time I really fear for me actually getting my package from Parcelmotel, it's. Or looking good:-(

So rang them again this morning and apparently my package was stored last night but the locker didn't generate the pin, I asked was this due to the site being down and he said they were in the process of updating their website. My saga continues as the driver has to go out tonight and take my package and then re-store it. Have to say this is the first time I really fear for me actually getting my package from Parcelmotel, it's. Or looking good:-(

Another night and nothing not sure how to approach Parcelmotel now? It's a sham Orla isn't on boards any more as she got things sorted if any issues, going to try and escalate it, my big worry is that because my package was stored but didn't generate a pin, the driver will put a package in the same locker as mine and lose it forever! Really pissed off now with Parcel Motel!

• Advertisement

I now understand people's complaints about Parcelmotel when it works it's great, but if they lose your package in their system it's a disaster to try and get traction and get your package. I hope I can claim back quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just a heads up. Email recieved today (Thursday the 5th)

Parcel Motel at Dun Laoghaire Ferry Terminal is moving

Dear Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo,

As you are registered for the Parcel Motel location at the Dun Laoghaire Ferry Terminal, we wanted to let you know that we will be removing this unit on Friday 6th March. We had planned to move it to an alternative location in the area but this site is not yet ready.

In the mean time, for your convenience, we have changed your location to the nearby Parcel Motel at Texaco Newtownpark Avenue Blackrock.

Other Parcel Motel locations in the nearby area are:

Cornelscourt Texaco

Ballybrack Tesco

If you would prefer to change to one of these locations, please follow these steps.

3 Simple Steps to change your Parcel Motel location:
    - Click Settings in the top menu
    - Click Modify Delivery Motel and select your new location

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Happy Shopping!

The Parcel Motel Team

There you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Hi,

Just wondering if my parcel is delivered to my locker on a Saturday morning and I collect it on a Sunday afternoon/evening will I be charged for two days etc €3.95 x 2?

I know Saturday delivery will suit a lot of people but not necessarily convenient if you have weekend plans and they charge per day at the weekend.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Its 3.95 for 48 hours from when its left in the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Its 3.95 for 48 hours from when its left in the locker.
    Cheers, great. Don't know why I thought it was 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is it possible to get the text with PIN on a Sunday to say your parcel has arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Had an item delivered to PM in northern Ireland this morning at 11.25am, no check in yet. Was hoping to have it tommorow morning in my locker

Anyone else have something delivered today awaiting check in?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My last two deliveries were on a Friday to Antrim, both were in the locker that night but I'm close (ish) to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

my item was delivered at 1100 am this morning as still waiting to show up on parcel motel!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

My item that arrived yesterday got a scan this morning at 9.36am,

Event: Parcel on route to motel

Looks like it's delay checking in yesterday will push it out until Monday. Previous packages I've had with them had much better scans

Standard letter [tickets as a birthday present surprise] posted from the mainland on Wednesday.

Not a dicky bird from PM, normally the 3.95 appears as a pending transaction on Credit Card and there's no sign of it.

Anyone know if there's problems/delays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

They open letters to see what's in them. I got an invoice from Microsoft this weekend, they opened it and peeked inside. Maybe seeing if it's spam, but still.

I wouldn't send letters through PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

golfball37 wrote: »
    Standard letter [tickets as a birthday present surprise] posted from the mainland on Wednesday.

Not a dicky bird from PM, normally the 3.95 appears as a pending transaction on Credit Card and there's no sign of it.

Anyone know if there's problems/delays?

Maybe it didn't arrive yet? Best/quickest way to check if a parcel arrived is on your PM account, it should show up there before you're charged.

aphex™ wrote: »
    They open letters to see what's in them. I got an invoice from Microsoft this weekend, they opened it and peeked inside. Maybe seeing if it's spam, but still.

I wouldn't send letters through PM.

I didn't want Mrs seeing them as she gets home before me. I don't mind as long as I get them !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

aphex™ wrote: »
    Did they tell you they opened it or was it stuck back with tape or something?

I was suggesting they should have a tick box saying "please discard all letters", as most people would only be getting parcels and if you expected a letter you could untick it. I like to see some common sense going on but thought they would ask before opening even if they were 99% sure it was unwanted junkmail.

It could even be a customs thing, in the legal forum some guy had medication confiscated via PM, but you would think a letter would slip through -but many drugs would not be bulky at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Newbie to PM here. Two questions
    Do you need to include your name above the PMID and Parcel Motel Address or is the PMID and address sufficient?

Also do you need to top up the account before a parcel is received by Parcel Motel or is it sufficient to top it up before you collect it. i.e. will I still receive a notification text even though I haven't topped up the account yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

PM seem to have added a new feature this afternoon that lets you redirect your oversized packages to your local depot without having to call them, or get it delivered to your house.

tpAVZak.jpg

The whole account page looks a lot cleaner now too.
    thejuggler wrote: »
    Newbie to PM here. Two questions
    Do you need to include your name above the PMID and Parcel Motel Address or is the PMID and address sufficient?

You need to add your name too. The name on your Parcel Motel account. They will still accept it with just the PMID, but you'll receive a call from them about it probably.

Also do you need to top up the account before a parcel is received by Parcel Motel or is it sufficient to top it up before you collect it. i.e. will I still receive a notification text even though I haven't topped up the account
    yet?

Needs to be topped up or they won't put the package in a locker. They will accept it and send you a text telling you that you have to top up.

rubadub wrote: »
    Did they tell you they opened it or was it stuck back with tape or something?

Tape down the side

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Is it possible to change your name on the PM system for confidentiality reasons i.e use a fictitious name on your address without affecting the billing or any postal mail you receive from Parcel Motel.
    I had not realised that your name had to be included on the address given to senders.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Anyone else unable to login at the moment?
    error error is all that is coming up for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

thejuggler wrote: »
    Is it possible to change your name on the PM system for confidentiality reasons i.e use a fictitious name on your address without affecting the billing or any postal mail you receive from Parcel Motel.
    I had not realised that your name had to be included on the address given to senders.
    Yes, you can change it in the settings menu

Although I wouldn't recommend it, if something were to go wrong and you have to prove your side of the story, things might not go so well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

New website design - you now have to sign in with your user name.
    Is anyone experiencing delays ? - I now have to allow 3-4 days for delivery after check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

recipio wrote: »
    New website design - you now have to sign in with your user name.

You mean email address? I can sign in with email or PM ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

nava wrote: »
    You mean email address? I can sign in with email or PM ID.

Not any more. its user name or PMID

• Advertisement

My username is my email address. Works exactly same as before for me. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement