Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MrWalsh wrote: »
    I rang and they say they cant find my parcel and want me to go back to the seller to check what name/address he used.

They are basically saying the seller didnt put the info on it and now they cant find it.

I guess Ill just wave goodbye to the 30 quid I spent there.....

If you paid via PayPal you're covered via PayPal so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I rang and they say they cant find my parcel and want me to go back to the seller to check what name/address he used.

They are basically saying the seller didnt put the info on it and now they cant find it.

I guess Ill just wave goodbye to the 30 quid I spent there.....

Ok did you get proof of delivery from the seller? If not ask them to provide the pod and forward onto Parcelmotel usually it's an SHawthorn that signs for it. If The seller cannot provide the pod then the onus is on them and if you have paid via PayPal open a dispute or Visa ring them and ask for a chargeback. But first ask the seller for a copy of the proof of delivery from thier courier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Ok did you get proof of delivery from the seller? If not ask them to provide the pod and forward onto Parcelmotel usually it's an SHawthorn that signs for it. If The seller cannot provide the pod then the onus is on them and if you have paid via PayPal open a dispute or Visa ring them and ask for a chargeback. But first ask the seller for a copy of the proof of delivery from thier courier.

Ive contacted the seller and am waiting for them to come back to me.

I didnt pay via PayPal unfortunately - it was an Amazon marketplace seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Apparently they work "on public holidays but not bank holidays", whatever that means.

Ive contacted the seller and am waiting for them to come back to me.

I didnt pay via PayPal unfortunately - it was an Amazon marketplace seller.

Better still Amazon takes a dim view of their market place sellers if they don't sort out this kind of issue with customers who buy off them. I had an issue with a market place seller who couldn't provide me a pod for a iPhone part and they refunded me the monies.
    Keep us updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Eugh, I used to add credit as I needed it to my PM account and then decided just to add the card and let them take money as they needed it. I noticed 2 PM €7 transactions and was wondering what these were only to realise they've upped the price of oversized items that you have to collect :(

When was that introduced? It used to be just the €3.50/€3.95 I think as long as it wasn't over weight?

Also, is anyone else buying items for business use and asking the seller to mark at 0% VAT? Because it's being delivered to a UK address, they can't do it apparently, is there any work around for mail forwarding addresses when it comes to VAT if the end address is based in Ireland?

Keep us updated.

The update is that the seller sent me proof of delivery. Parcel Motel are saying that the signature does not match any of their employees and that they did not take delivery of the item. So its back to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The update is that the seller sent me proof of delivery. Parcel Motel are saying that the signature does not match any of their employees and that they did not take delivery of the item. So its back to the seller.

What's the signature on the proof of delivery?

What's the signature on the proof of delivery?

Its very hard to read but it looks something like M Mc something. The printed name is down as P Motel. So the printed name does not match the signature either.

Parcel Motel are saying that all their deliveries that morning (there is a time on the proof of delivery) were taken by someone with the first initial S (probably S Hawthorne although they havent confirmed that) and that they have no M Mc something working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I've never had an M Mc signature on any of the deliveries I got to PM I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

I've never had an M Mc signature on any of the deliveries I got to PM I'm afraid.

Yeah, Im wondering if the item was stolen, lost or damaged and Royal Mail just scrawled anything onto the proof of delivery and marked it as delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

cacdit2016 wrote: »
    How long does a delivery usually take from the UK to Kerry?

It used to be overnight from Newtownabbey and that was one of the great strengths of PM. Recently they seem to have started to cluster items together and it can be 5-7 days.
    I'd love to know what exactly is going on.

Thu 19 Mar 5:01 Galway Package loaded on delivery van
    Not quite panic stations yet, but 10 hours later and still not delivered?

Intifada wrote: »
    Not quite panic stations yet, but 10 hours later and still not delivered?

Does this mean loaded on a parcel motel delivery van? No panic, if the motel was full it may not have gotten a spot.

Now I have another parcel from Amazon (ordered before my missing parcel went missing) showing as delivered this morning on Amazon but no sign of it yet on Parcel Motels website..........

Does this mean loaded on a parcel motel delivery van? No panic, if the motel was full it may not have gotten a spot.
    I would be pretty fn pissed off though! What do they do, bring it back to Dublin? Can't they just ring and ask if you mind it dropped off to some other one?

Intifada wrote: »
    I would be pretty fn pissed off though! What do they do, bring it back to Dublin? Can't they just ring and ask if you mind it dropped off to some other one?

I dont know what they do but they definitely dont ring and ask if you mind it dropped off to some other one. Its usually just delayed to your same one.

I noticed that Anazon parcels signed for in Belfast don't turn up on my Pm account the next day usually in the afternoon. I think they are now shipping out parcels down by train from Belfast. They used to truck it Down before.

I noticed that Anazon parcels signed for in Belfast don't turn up on my Pm account the next day usually in the afternoon. I think they are now shipping out parcels down by train from Belfast. They used to truck it Down before.

Yeah my one that was delivered this morning still hasnt shown up yet - but Ill be keeping a close eye given the missing one before it!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Yeah my one that was delivered this morning still hasnt shown up yet - but Ill be keeping a close eye given the missing one before it!

I don't understand why items are now also going to Parcel Motel Dublin Sorting Office. What happened to Newtonabbey? I have also been waiting days for a package to see (0nline) that it's now "in transit" but located in Dublin . My parcel motel is in Drogheda . Is there any way to contact the Dublin depot? I'd drive down and collect the parcel at this stage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

I've another one in the ether there. Delivered to NI two days ago no sign of it anywhere on PM system and they can't locate it.
    That's 3 outta 3 missing now for me so I won't be using it again.

golfball37 wrote: »
    I've another one in the ether there. Delivered to NI two days ago no sign of it anywhere on PM system and they can't locate it.

Yeah if my most recent one doesn't show I'm out too.

Tbh I've been using them a lot less anyway since a bit of a debacle my hubby had with them that took months to resolve.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Anyone know why the one at Dun Laoghaire Ferry terminal was removed?

Grid. wrote: »
    Anyone know why the one at Dun Laoghaire Ferry terminal was removed?

Is it gone?? If so, maybe because the Ferry no longer runs from Dun Laoghaire so it may not be as secure as it would have been with the ferry staff and traffic around?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

cormie wrote: »
    Is it gone?? If so, maybe because the Ferry no longer runs from Dun Laoghaire so it may not be as secure as it would have been with the ferry staff and traffic around?

Yeah it is......I thought they may have moved it to another part of the town but seemingly not, next locations are Blackrock, Deansgrange & Ballybrack....which are a bit of a hike.

Yeah I used Deansgrange Maxol before the Dun Laoghaire one, that Dun Laoghaire one wasn't even there a year I don't think :(

golfball37 wrote: »

My second one still hasnt shown up on their system. This is really a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Had a tracked package delivered to their Dublin address this morning. Not showing up yet but any idea when I can expect it in the locker? (based in dublin)

iMuse wrote: »
    Had a tracked package delivered to their Dublin address this morning. Not showing up yet but any idea when I can expect it in the locker? (based in dublin)

I would say probably tomorrow, can you see it in your account yet? You might be lucky if you see it in your account this afternoon you might get it tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I would say probably tomorrow, can you see it in your account yet? You might be lucky if you see it in your account this afternoon you might get it tonight.

Its not showing up on my PM account yet. Haven't used them in a while so wasn't sure what the delivery times are like now (seems to be a lot of complaints here though!) Do they still deliver to lockers on a Saturday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement