Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

golfball37 wrote: »
    I've another one in the ether there. Delivered to NI two days ago no sign of it anywhere on PM system and they can't locate it.
    That's 3 outta 3 missing now for me so I won't be using it again.

3 out of 3 would be very unusual, where are you getting the packages sent from? I only ever get Amazon stuff thats actually sent by Amazon to PM as I know they will put in the PMID and my name. If you're buying off someone who doesn't put in the PMID then you're likely to hit issues as PM relies heavily on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

A parcel has now showed up as In Transit for me. From the photo it looks as though it could be my original missing parcel.

Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

iMuse wrote: »
    Its not showing up on my PM account yet. Haven't used them in a while so wasn't sure what the delivery times are like now (seems to be a lot of complaints here though!) Do they still deliver to lockers on a Saturday?

Yes I've got deliveries on Saturday So you might be lucky. I would recommend filling in the shopping tracker on your account page just in case your pm number is missing. Also ring them in the morning to chase it up if it's still not showing on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

cormie wrote: »
    Yeah I used Deansgrange Maxol before the Dun Laoghaire one, that Dun Laoghaire one wasn't even there a year I don't think :(

On talking with staff in the Harbor office, they said they made sure that it was used every day for any and all orders that were able to, they loved the idea and Irish Lights staff used it too to help make sure it wasn't removed after the year of 'testing' that PM do.

So what ever it was, it wasn't lack of use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

I ordered something from Amazon March 20th(Friday). It was afternoon and amazed that it was dispatched on the same day. And at around 5pm today Parcel Motel emails me saying it's in their Dublin Depot and on the way to my chosen location(Dublin area). Pretty good so far.

I've only ever ordered once before this one and the first one went very well, too. No problems whatsoever.

Will be posting updates :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Not to say PM is not prone to mistakes, but i genuinely believe that a good portion of the issues people are facing are due to the PMID being omitted by the seller.

Amazon always includes the proper address. It is the third party sellers and ebay sellers who not include the PMID are the problem.

For Tesco Direct i use:

joebloggs OneTwoThreeFourFive - as my name

For Amazon i use:

joe 12345 bloggs
    PM12345

I have never used Ebay with PM, but i would add in as many ways to make sure the seller has to include the PMID and probably notify the seller after the purchase asking to make sure of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

moonboy52 wrote:
    I have never used Ebay with PM, but i would add in as many ways to make sure the seller has to include the PMID and probably notify the seller after the purchase asking to make sure of it

Used it a lot with eBay, I have my PM address set up. The seller basically prints out that.

I normally put in the note to seller to check it is on there too. But if you ha e your address set up right on eBay it shouldn't matter.

Never once had an issue with PM, even during the height of Xmas.

That said, when it goes wrong, from reading on here, it seems to do so spectacularly. People seem to have a lot of issues sending stuff through PM, never done it myself personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Is there no "talk to parcelmotel" anymore on boards, a couple of years ago they were great at sorting out a Christmas delivery that was stuck in a motel(door would't budge) now I have an "out for delivery" since last Saturday, its late tuesday evening now, I can see the picture they take of it ( the one they post in your parcel motel account) posted on sat, so its in their finglas office, I'd rather them say come up to the depot(which is closer) than give no update for 3 days.
    A victim of their own success.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

Just had a nightmare day because of PM.

Got email on Saturday to tell me a parcel I was stuck for was in Dublin. Heard no more, no PIN sent. Rang them today to see what was going on as it hadn't been sent to the PM I use. They told me it wasn't checked in at the shop I use (It's an instore collection) and I wouldn't get a PIN so just go to the shop with photo ID and they'd give it to me.

This evening I got a message saying I'd another parcel checked in but the picture was the same so I rang them. I was told that it was a mistake and they'd credit my account.

Off I went to collect the parcel in the shop this evening and it wasn't even there. Found this out after arguing with the shop manager who said they couldn't give me the parcel without a PIN.

Shocking service, which seems to be deteriorating gradually recently. It's a pity as it was so great when it started first. I've only used it to send parcels once and it was almost a week door to door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Received my parcel with no problems at all.

Dublin Sorting Office check-in e-mail was received at 6:32pm last night and it was in my chosen PM at 1:36am. Happy with this result but I will still be nervous about using them next time due to all these stories. But I probably won't stop using them until I hit a bad experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

Can anyone tell me do i need to top up or will they bill my card when they receive something with my PM ID on it? just purchased an item from amazon and its my first time using this service

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

moonboy52 wrote: »

For Amazon i use:

joe 12345 bloggs
    PM12345

All of the above +1. Thats how you do it.

Being using PM for about 2 years and never had a hassle except when one fella lied to me saying my parcel wasn't at the Cork depot because I interrupted his chat with his work mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭styron

If you registered with your card details they'll draw down funds per "motel visit". If you withheld your card you need to top up your account in 3 x €3.95 increments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

styron wrote: »
    If you registered with your card details they'll draw down funds per "motel visit". If you withheld your card you need to top up your account in 3 x €3.95 increments.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

When returning an item does anyone know if you have to use the Parcel Motel that you're registered to for deliveries.

I need to return an item but I'll be passing a Parcel Motel today that's not my registered one, would be handy if I can use that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Karen23 wrote: »
    When returning an item does anyone know if you have to use the Parcel Motel that you're registered to for deliveries.

I need to return an item but I'll be passing a Parcel Motel today that's not my registered one, would be handy if I can use that one.

Just log into your account and change you motel location. You can always change it back when the job is done.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Just log into your account and change you motel location. You can always change it back when the job is done.

Grand, thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

ozypozy wrote: »
    Just had a nightmare day because of PM.

Got email on Saturday to tell me a parcel I was stuck for was in Dublin. Heard no more, no PIN sent. Rang them today to see what was going on as it hadn't been sent to the PM I use. They told me it wasn't checked in at the shop I use (It's an instore collection) and I wouldn't get a PIN so just go to the shop with photo ID and they'd give it to me.

This evening I got a message saying I'd another parcel checked in but the picture was the same so I rang them. I was told that it was a mistake and they'd credit my account.

Off I went to collect the parcel in the shop this evening and it wasn't even there. Found this out after arguing with the shop manager who said they couldn't give me the parcel without a PIN.

Shocking service, which seems to be deteriorating gradually recently. It's a pity as it was so great when it started first. I've only used it to send parcels once and it was almost a week door to door.

I've been having the same experience. Sometimes the staff member 'can't find the parcel' ( women are better and that's not sexist ) Sometimes the package is left into the shop with no PIN and I note that the concept of overnight service is gone - I think they are waiting a day or two to let the packages build up - at least in my location.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

If sending a parcel to Ireland or the UK do you get a tracking number so you can confirm that the package has been delivered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

If sending a parcel to Ireland or the UK do you get a tracking number so you can confirm that the package has been delivered?

When it's been sent you can log into your account and track it from there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

When it's been sent you can log into your account and track it from there
    Is there a tracking number i could give to the receiver so they can track the package too?

Is there a tracking number i could give to the receiver so they can track the package too?
    yes, its all on the website

http://www.parcelmotel.com/send/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Searched the thread and the parcelmotel site but could not find the answer.
    Can i prepay for an item to be sent to my PMID by a non parcelmotel member, i.e. print a label for them to end me a package?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I'm afraid not.

But it can be done roundabout way - set yourself (or a family member) up another PM account and use it to pay for postage, print a label etc... :)

Better still Amazon takes a dim view of their market place sellers if they don't sort out this kind of issue with customers who buy off them. I had an issue with a market place seller who couldn't provide me a pod for a iPhone part and they refunded me the monies.
    Keep us updated.

Long story short, the seller produced a proof of delivery that parcel motel claimed was not signed by any of their staff. Seller asked me for time to resolve and wanted me to follow up with Royal Mail also, I said no because as recipient I've no contract with Royal Mail. Then silence from seller. No response to two more emails. I waited 10 days then invoked Amazons A-Z guarantee. They offered me an immediate refund in the form of Amazon Gift Card which I took then they opened claim with seller. Seller produced proof of delivery, Amazon said they were closing claim as there was pod. I explained situation, Amazon said they were closing claim as they are not responsible for what happens when freight forwarding company used. But I still have the gift card refund so it looks like I'm not out anything. I'm a bit confused then as to what the claim was, but perhaps it was for Amazon to claim back off seller? Anyway, I left the seller feedback stating that item never showed and the seller was not helpful.

So buyers beware, If freight forwarding used then Amazon sellers can get away with producing fake proof of delivery and Amazon won't follow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

MrWalsh wrote:
    So buyers beware, If freight forwarding used then Amazon sellers can get away with producing fake proof of delivery and Amazon won't follow up.

You sure it was fake?

moleyv wrote: »
    You sure it was fake?

I have written confirmation from Parcel Motel stating that it is not the signature of any employee of theirs plus the signature did not match the printed name. They are happy for me to use that confirmation in my dealings with the seller so if it's not a signature of one of their staff and they are happy to stand by that then I can only assume it's a fake signature.

Searched the thread and the parcelmotel site but could not find the answer.
    Can i prepay for an item to be sent to my PMID by a non parcelmotel member, i.e. print a label for them to end me a package?
    Thanks

You can only send a parcel from your designated motel. While you could change that address to the one convenient for the non-member before you start the send process I doubt you'd be able to then (re-) redesignate your PMID 'home motel' mid-stream back to the original in order to receive it.

Assuming the package is under 10KG and fits one of the three locker sizes (€4.50 - €6.50) there's two workarounds:

(1) Redesignate your motel as the one nearest the non-member's and send the parcel to your "bricks & mortar" address for €2 extra and change the Motel address back afterwards.

(2) Create a second account with a new PMID (and possibly an extra initial in your name to avoid confusing PM & yourself as to which is which). Have a 'roaming' home motel convenient to any sender to post to your first PMID home motel.

One more lost parcel. Yay go parcel motel!

Handy that they have insurance for lost items
    You could always use this company and see how you get on

https://www.parcelconnect.ie

• Advertisement

Handy that they have insurance for lost items
    You could always use this company and see how you get on

https://www.parcelconnect.ie

Doesn't look too promising:

7 Limitation Of Liability Of Carrier
    7.1 The liability of the Carrier is limited in accordance with this condition 7.
    7.2 The liability of the Carrier in respect of the matters specified under condition 6.1 shall, whether such liability arises as a consequence of the goods being in transit or stored at a Parcel Connect Store, be limited to a maximum amount of fifty euros (€50) or thirty pounds (£30).
    7.3 As the liability of the Carrier is limited in accordance with these Conditions the Consignor is advised to seek his own additional insurance cover. No insurance will be affected by the Carrier for the benefit of the Consignor other than in accordance with this condition 7.

14.5 The Carrier accepts certain items on an Owners Risk basis. Such items are not covered by the Carrier’s policy of insurance and include:
    items containing glass;
    second hand car parts;
    perishables;
    jewellery;
    other such valuables.

https://www.parcelconnect.ie/conditions-of-carriage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement