Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

styron wrote: »
    Doesn't look too promising:

I wouldn't move from parcel motel I get a delivery every week, sometimes a few I think it's a great service
    I've had the occasional problem where senders don't out the pm number
    Quick phone call sorts this out

People are constantly bashing them on here so I thought I would give them an option to xxxx off, I mean go somewhere else

I have been through the claims process before. Its painful and never simple. Parcel connect sounds good until you go to the shop to collect your stuff and they know nothing about the service.

Try the claims department with anpost I am waiting four dealing months now for them to pay for an item they lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

People are constantly bashing them on here so I thought I would give them an option to xxxx off, I mean go somewhere else
    Yeah, the nerve of some people, expecting some semblance of professionalism from a service they've paid for :rolleyes:

Virtanen wrote: »
    Yeah, the nerve of some people, expecting some semblance of professionalism from a service they've paid for :rolleyes:

Well if it's not working for people then leave, quite simple, parcel motel is not the only service
    I'm able to get items that I otherwise wouldn't be able to get or pay through the roof for
    10/10 from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Well if it's not working for people then leave, quite simple, parcel motel is not the only service
    I'm able to get items that I otherwise wouldn't be able to get or pay through the roof for
    10/10 from me

What other services are there please? Parcel connect have been unable to even respond to an email professionally. What else is available? I'm dying to find out as these days I send things to my father in law rather than use parcel motel unless the seller doesn't post to Ireland. I'd REALLY like an alternative.

• Advertisement

MrWalsh wrote: »
    What other services are there please? Parcel connect have been unable to even respond to an email professionally. What else is available? I'm dying to find out as these days I send things to my father in law rather than use parcel motel unless the seller doesn't post to Ireland. I'd REALLY like an alternative.

Have you tried ringing parcel connect ?
    Or even Twitter

Have you tried ringing parcel connect ?
    Or even Twitter

I don't have twitter.

I've emailed twice and the second response was enough for me to cross them off ever doing business with. Absolutely no way. Not in this life!

But you still haven't named the alternatives that you talked about?

I don't have twitter.

I've emailed twice and the second response was enough for me to cross them off ever doing business with. Absolutely no way. Not in this life!

But you still haven't named the alternatives that you talked about?
    Parcel connect is an alternative
    What happened in the second response ?

Parcel connect is an alternative
    What happened in the second response ?

It's not an alternative for me.

Just a completely unprofessional response, like something I'd expect from an untrained schoolchild, complete with bad grammar and spelling and not answering my question at all.

Is it the only alternative you know of?

It's not an alternative for me.

Just a completely unprofessional response, like something I'd expect from an untrained schoolchild, complete with bad grammar and spelling and not answering my question at all.

Is it the only alternative you know of?

There is also parcel2go
    But I think they are expensive

I'm surprised parcel connect are so bad, they are owned by fast way who are quite a decent courier company
    I will be sticking with parcel motel myself

• Advertisement

There is also parcel2go
    But I think they are expensive

I'm surprised parcel connect are so bad, they are owned by fast way who are quite a decent courier company
    I will be sticking with parcel motel myself

Ok, so I'll stick with my father in law and the odd item through parcel motel until there's a good alternative.

Ok, so I'll stick with my father in law and the odd item through parcel motel until there's a good alternative.

http://www.parceldirect.ie/?gclid=CLrp3M3f4cQCFcKw2wodEHAAoA

That's a sending service, not a receiving one.

That's a sending service, not a receiving one.

How did I know you wanted to receive items
    Parcel motel do both, you asked for alternatives and I gave you 3 options and you mugged off all of them, I give up

How did I know you wanted to receive items
    Parcel motel do both, you asked for alternatives and I gave you 3 options and you mugged off all of them, I give up

It's fairly obvious from the preceding posts?

You claimed that people could leave Parcel Motel and use alternatives. Parcel Motels main selling points are that they provide a UK shipping address and that they allow people to collect their parcels at a time that suits them.

I asked you about these alternatives and you suggested Parcel Connect, who I've already had a negative experience with, and Parcel Direct which is a sending service and nothing like the Parcel Motel service. Parcel2go is also a sending service and not comparable to Parcel Motel.

So you offered 1 comparable alternative. I dunno why you're defensive about it, I was genuinely delighted to hear there were alternatives! But it seems there are not, not yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Perhaps you have access to my emails that you are qualified to pass such judgements eh? :rolleyes:

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone know if you can buy from Argos.co.uk and get delivery to ParcelMotel Belfast???

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Yes got a Nook HD+ delivered (using PMID for the House name/number):
    PMID
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT364PE

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Hi lads,

Did anyone here order from apple.co.uk and get it shipped to Nightline Parcel Motel before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Quick question, I received a text message on my phone this morning saying that my parcel was available to collect from my designated local parcel motel collection point. How long do I have to collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

from the day you received the message you have 48 hours to collect it. if not they will charge you another 4euros for another 48hours of collection.

5star02707 wrote: »
    from the day you received the message you have 48 hours to collect it. if not they will charge you another 4euros for another 48hours of collection.

No theyve changed that - now they send it back to the depot and then reschedule it back out to your motel a couple of days later - so you do get charged again but there is a delay before you can collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I got the text when I switched on my phone at 8am this morning, so does that mean I have a 48hrs exactly until 8am saturday to collect or is the deadline later on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I got the text when I switched on my phone at 8am this morning, so does that mean I have a 48hrs exactly until 8am saturday to collect or is the deadline later on the day?

Just go and pickup your parcel :p

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

ZeroThreat wrote: »

Its 48 hours from the time you get the email - your personal settings determine what time you allow them to send you emails - so it could have been put in the locker at 4am but you only got the email at 8am because thats how you have it set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I bought an item online and got it delivered as normal by parcel motel.
    I got a text saying the package was oversized and I would have to collect from a depot which is an hr and a half away.
    Is there any easy solution other than driving all the way to collect it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

You can pay extra to have it delivered to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

You can pay extra to have it delivered to your house.

An extra 10.50 on top of the 7eur charge for being oversized plus the normal 3.95 charge equals 21.50!!
    Lesson learnt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

An extra 10.50 on top of the 7eur charge for being oversized plus the normal 3.95 charge equals 21.50!!
    Lesson learnt!

Were you charged 7 euro on top of the 3.95? I had an oversized parcel yesterday and was only charged 7 euros total. I think it used to be only 3.95 even for oversized parcels.

You can also send it to a different depot if one is closer to you at no extra charge but this is only useful if there is a depot closer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement