Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fennelln

AppleKidd wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Did anyone here order from apple.co.uk and get it shipped to Nightline Parcel Motel before.

Hi AppleKidd, unfortunately not. just got my apple order cancelled this evening saying they "no longer ship to freight forwarder addresses in Ireland". a bit annoyed they didn't give me the option to ship it to another address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Hi,

I got a parcel delivered on Saturday morning at 8.40am, must I pick it up tomorrow Monday morning to avoid getting stung for a second €3.95 extra 48 hours charge. Or does Sunday count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Stinicker wrote:
    I got a parcel delivered on Saturday morning at 8.40am, must I pick it up tomorrow Monday morning to avoid getting stung for a second €3.95 extra 48 hours charge. Or does Sunday count?

48 hours inclusive of Sunday.

Although on occasion I have gotten three days out of it, but not sure if that was a mess up on the system or something. Basically I never got the text after 24 hrs to say only 24hrs left. But I got it after 48 hrs, saying I had 24 hrs left.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭allsam18

I made a mistake and made wrong paypal topup. Can I cancel it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Parcel arrived at location, ready for collection, this morning. Could it be collected Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Passenger wrote: »
    Parcel arrived at location, ready for collection, this morning. Could it be collected Monday?

I wouldn't chance it tbh. It could be gone early Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Brian017 wrote: »
    I wouldn't chance it tbh. It could be gone early Sunday morning

I'll collect it today so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

quick question for the more experienced parcel motel users

there is a chance i wont be able to collect a package from the motel when it will be there

I read if you dont collect it, they ll send it back to the depot and I ll be notified then.

Let's say I'm away for 2 weeks.

Could i tell them keep it for 2 weeks at the depot and then send it back to the motel for an extra 3.90 euro?

I read they keep things a max of 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

j4vier wrote:
    Could i tell them keep it for 2 weeks at the depot and then send it back to the motel for an extra 3.90 euro?

That sort of thing is better dealt with over the phone. And saying that, it is situations like that when they are more likely to mess up.

• Advertisement

I can imagine

Worst even amazon didn't send it with a tracking number

It should have been received it today max. I still have tomorrow and monday as options but failing that, I won't be around for it

the parcel was just checked in!

i never saw a parcel being checked in at this time in the evening..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Has anyone used the Parcel Motel in the Maxol Station in Ringsend?
    Is it a proper outside kiosk or one of those dodgy behind the counter boxes?

I collected a few bits before from Athy over the xmas while visiting the family and it was my first experience with a non kiosk motel. Didn't like it as my parcels where just out in the open behind the shop counter for everyone to see(in a cardboard box).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Has anyone noticed that it takes longer after you get the initial email saying a parcel has arrived in the depot to when it actually arrives in the motel lately?

Usually mine would be in the motel by the end of that day but the last two parcels I got have taken 2-3 days after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Parcelmotel seems to be getting slower. Gone are the days of a parcel arriving in Belfast in the morning and picking it up from the locker in the evening. With the reduced price of two day shipping from Amazon for Irish customers that might be the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Yeah, things used to be a lot faster

38C71hx.png

s9TX7Gy.png

Slower and less info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Do parcel motel open stuff up at all? I got an item tapped up with opened by customs tape. The item was damaged by who ever opened it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Do parcel motel open stuff up at all? I got an item tapped up with opened by customs tape. The item was damaged by who ever opened it.
    Someone had stuff opened before in this thread. Another guy in the legal forum had drugs taken off him by customs. Another may have had alcohol taken.

The problem is you cannot be sure customs or PM damaged it, it could have been put in broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

rubadub wrote: »
    The problem is you cannot be sure customs or PM damaged it, it could have been put in broken.

PM will never ever admit to any wrongdoing.

My husband had an issue similar to this where an item was badly damaged in the box rendering it useless.

He pointed out to PM that either they had signed for it broken, or they had broken it - either way, it was their responsibility.

Took months and endless chasing and frustration before he was finally issued a cheque for less than the value promised.

The end result of the scenario is that both he and I now only use PM if there are really no other choices. We send things to family, work etc... we both only send items thru PM where sellers will not deliver to Ireland because until they sort out their customer service its too risky to use them imo. They lost plenty of customers over this type of behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Is there a European alternative to PM, if you want to buy on the continent and get cheaper postage? I feel like there is but can't quite remember!!

• Advertisement

• Do you mean mailboxde.com ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is there a European alternative to PM, if you want to buy on the continent and get cheaper postage? I feel like there is but can't quite remember!!

What about America either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Shipito.com is the US version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Anyone experience of a Parcel motel depot with a blank screen?

I'm trying to collect 2 parcels in Arklow, but i'm looking at a blank screen.
    When I ring the customer service telephone number on the locker 1890 241717, I'm getting a full mailbox reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Odd question, but is it possible to get parcel motel to refuse a package? I've ordered something and decided against it, but they said it couldn't be cancelled, but to refuse the package.

I doubt they do but thought id ask anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Yeah, things used to be a lot faster

38C71hx.png

s9TX7Gy.png

Slower and less info.

Where do you get this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

me0w wrote: »
    Where do you get this info?

^ I second this, what do you use to track your package?

Parcel Motel website only shows when your item is available and if it has been collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Log on to PM, go to "my parcel motel" and click on Tracking no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I havent used parcel motel in a long time, but how long does it take usually from when an order is delivered by the courier to the northern depot, to being dropped into your specified locker down south?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Tinie wrote: »
    I havent used parcel motel in a long time, but how long does it take usually from when an order is delivered by the courier to the northern depot, to being dropped into your specified locker down south?

Well to one in Kilkenny. About 4am the following morning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement