Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Anyone know if you can use PM to store something you already have overnight, paying for the use of the locker, obviously? I thought there was some info to that effect on their site before but can't find it now. Say for example I have a gift for someone, but I don't want to leave it in the house because it will be found. Can I get a code for PM locker and leave it there for a night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Whats the procedure again for if you receive a notification of a parcel but never ordered anything?

I got notification of a parcel to the dublin warehouse, but never ordered anything to the dublin depot. And have been charged. Have no idea what this is, could be junk mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Tinie wrote: »
    Whats the procedure again for if you receive a notification of a parcel but never ordered anything?

I got notification of a parcel to the dublin warehouse, but never ordered anything to the dublin depot. And have been charged. Have no idea what this is, could be junk mail.

Did you order something to NI depot, because you'll still get an email when it arrives in Dublin on it's way to your parcel motel. If you log onto website you can have a look at the package / might be in the email they sent you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

suds1984 wrote: »
    Did you order something to NI depot, because you'll still get an email when it arrives in Dublin on it's way to your parcel motel. If you log onto website you can have a look at the package / might be in the email they sent you.

Ah maybe so, that must be a new thing. Its hard to see the parcel, but it could be what I ordered, but going by the order tracking, it hasn't been delivered yet but those online tracking aren't always the most reliable. I have a feeling it could be a catalogue or something.

Is there anything I can do if I take it out of the locker and its junk/advertisements, in terms of getting the charge refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

The usual procedure is emailing support and letting them know it's unexpected, they intercept and refund for junk mail:

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202031281-I-received-junk-mail-in-my-Parcel-Motel

I'd email to put them on notice it's likely and offer to send them a pic to confirm it to obtain the refund. Bulky catalogues might be borderline but if it's unsolicited, junk mail rules should apply. It's really not in PM's interest to charge you for spam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Just wondering would it be possible to order something from argos.uk and have it delivered here via parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just wondering would it be possible to order something from argos.uk and have it delivered here via parcel motel?

I'd ask mrpostman.

If Argos deliver to NI then it will work

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Yes. I got a Nook HD+ from them via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Can someone post the PM contact number,cant find it on google and same goes for here (even though i know its been posted numerous times on this thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Can someone post the PM contact number,cant find it on google and same goes for here (even though i know its been posted numerous times on this thread).

Here ya go
    1890 241 717

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Club_Shrimp

I'm thinking of using parcel motel for the first time for an order from amazon Japan, but how exactly do I enter the address? It keeps telling me that the item can't be delivered to the specified address, i.e. the unique Parcel Motel address. Is there some specific way I have to enter the address? Also, does PM unlock ALL sites that don't deliver internationally?

I can't post URLs, but google "Relics the 2nd Birth" and find the amazon.jp link that offers used copies of the game from 4 different sellers. I'll probably go for either the 5,000 or 10,000 yen copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also, does PM unlock ALL sites that don't deliver internationally?
    PM is simply a northern ireland address, nothing more. If the place does not ship to NI it will not work, or if they insist on only sending to your billing address you are out of luck. Many places will only ship to mainland UK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Club_Shrimp

Patww79 wrote: »

I thought one of the advantages of Parcel Motel was that it unlocked stores that didn't ship to the UK / ROI? Or does that not include Japan?

No, the item I'm looking for doesn't deliver outside Japan, but I thought I could bypass that with Parcel Motel. Again, I'm totally new to it, so you'll have to forgive my noobishness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

AFAIR Parcel Motel will not accept deliveries from Japan/China and will send them back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Kamili wrote: »
    AFAIR Parcel Motel will not accept deliveries from Japan/China and will send them back.

Ive had lot of deliveries from China through PM.

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Ive had lot of deliveries from China through PM.

I'm assuming no tax was due on the item? I remember hearing that if there is tax due they don't accept the item.. could be wrong...

I'm assuming no tax was due on the item? I remember hearing that if there is tax due they don't accept the item.. could be wrong...

Yeah no tax due. Small items, you can get plenty of bits and pieces very cheap from China if you dont mind a longer wait for postage. I buy small things like costume jewellery with free postage from China - so long as you dont go over 22 euro there is no tax due.

Ive had glasses from Zenni Optical delivered through PM too.

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Yeah no tax due. Small items, you can get plenty of bits and pieces very cheap from China if you dont mind a longer wait for postage. I buy small things like costume jewellery with free postage from China - so long as you dont go over 22 euro there is no tax due.

Ive had glasses from Zenni Optical delivered through PM too.

I usually just send to my home address as these have free delivery in most cases...

• Advertisement

I usually just send to my home address as these have free delivery in most cases...

I use PM more for taking delivery as Im not at home during the day, I did try to get Zennis delivered to home but they dont fit through the letterbox unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 myrns

Anyone using parcel motel to send back a package ever pick the wrong size online? Closed the locker when it opened, scanned barcode again and got error message to call support. Did that, they cancelled pickup and told me to book another pickup for larger package which I did but no locker opened and just got an error onscreen again to contact support ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

How long does it normally take now for a parcel to show up in your account, if it's been received today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

How long does it normally take now for a parcel to show up in your account, if it's been received today?

Most cases same day after 4 if address was enter correctly with PMID

I see Parcel Motel have changed their Irish address on their website.

Was anyone notified about this? I just came across it by chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Parcel Motel lockers must have shrunk in the last few weeks as I just got an oversized notification for a parcel that I have received multiple times before without issue. It is always sent in the same box which is custom made for the item too, no chance it was put in a bigger box then normal.
    I will not be using them again after this unless I can get it sorted tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

ffocused wrote:
    Parcel Motel lockers must have shrunk in the last few weeks as I just got an oversized notification for a parcel that I have received multiple times before without issue. It is always sent in the same box which is custom made for the item too, no chance it was put in a bigger box then normal. I will not be using them again after this unless I can get it sorted tomorrow.

Happened to me before, it said package was oversized, pick up from 'one of their main depos' which was an hour away, but the text had a pin. I went to the locker, used the pin and it opened.

Must have been an error or something, worth giving them a ring but I just collected from the locker.

I got a pin in the message too. Just back from the shop & they do not have it.
    The more annoying thing is that my 'motel' is just a shop, they removed the actual lockers last year.

I take back all I said, the shop I ordered from sent me 2 boxes taped together which would not fit in a locker. (I only ordered 1 box) Parcel Motel did send it to my motel location as a goodwill gesture so kudos to them for that!
    If I had known that it was 2 boxes I would have paid to have it delivered by courier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Has anyone used PM to facilitate sending packages to themselves? Can I setup a PM->PM order, where the recipient is myself, and then send the PDF with the barcode by email to someone else and have them drop the package into a Parcel Motel located somewhere else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement