Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Excellent, the bike weighs 7.5kg so extra packaging shouldn't be too heavy on it. Might determine the exact weight like you said to avoid the nasty surprise. Saving €1000 on the bike so can't go wrong if PM is a viable option.

Looking good alright - but the physical weight of the bike or packaging in this instance isn't really relevant, it's the "volumetric weight" in terms of the 3D space occupied by the boxed bike that determines the charge. It's going to be bulky and well padded.

A cubic metre for example should cost €217 pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Does anyone have any experience sending something to the UK that wasn't a return?

After it leaves the Dublin depot, is it brought up to the North and handed over to Royal Mail, or do Nightline do couriering to addresses in the UK?

I'm talking about sending a package to a friend's house in England using PM rather than An Post, not an IE-PM-to-UK-PM situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience sending something to the UK that wasn't a return?

After it leaves the Dublin depot, is it brought up to the North and handed over to Royal Mail, or do Nightline do couriering to addresses in the UK?

I'm talking about sending a package to a friend's house in England using PM rather than An Post, not an IE-PM-to-UK-PM situation.

They have live chat on their website now. I tried to send an oversized package back to the UK but was told they don't do this. Had to fork out 30e to an Post.:(

• I got a parcel yesterday that has been deemed oversized. I opted to have it redirected to my local depot for collection. Will it notify me again when it's available to pick up or do I just go anytime?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Excellent, the bike weighs 7.5kg so extra packaging shouldn't be too heavy on it.
    you could ask the sellers to put it in the smallest box possible. I have gotten several bikes delivered, some in remarkably small boxes, since they were not built. Then I have gotten a pair of tires in a gigantic box, far bigger than some of the boxes that entire bikes came in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Has anyone used Parcel Motel for delivery to their Gorey Motel? What time does the parcel normally arrive at?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

hi i bought electric toothrush that was faulty from amazon thru parcel motel and need to return it thru parcel motel to the antrim depot, amazon sent me a returns label and said they will collect it at a certain date,what option do i pick from parcel motel,is it the royal mail or collect plus, cos amazon use dpd to collect there packages,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Never used the send service from PM, I don't know if it's even an option to have it collected from the depot. I'd call/email PM and ask them. You could also ask Amazon for a returns label from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

hi i bought electric toothrush that was faulty from amazon thru parcel motel and need to return it thru parcel motel to the antrim depot, amazon sent me a returns label and said they will collect it at a certain date,what option do i pick from parcel motel,is it the royal mail or collect plus, cos amazon use dpd to collect there packages,

If you contact Amazon again let them know you are in Ireland and ask can they send you return labels for Ireland. They done it in the past for lots of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

PM have a blog post on Amazon returns too, I haven't read through it but it might be helpful - http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/amazon-returns/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I presume the 48 hour time allowed for pick up is from the time the text was sent?????????

THANKS

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

dohouch wrote: »
    I presume the 48 hour time allowed for pick up is from the time the text was sent?????????

THANKS

No. You can set the times you will accept texts in your Parcel Motel settings.

The 48 hours is from the time the item is put into the locker and the email sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Surprised that Parcel Motel still works on weekends?

Ordered something off Ebay Thursday noon. Parcel Motel emailed me they have the item in Dublin, Saturday at 2pm and got the text that the item is in my locker around 6pm Saturday.

Do they always deliver on weekends or is this new?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

5star02707 wrote: »
    Surprised that Parcel Motel still works on weekends?

Ordered something off Ebay Thursday noon. Parcel Motel emailed me they have the item in Dublin, Saturday at 2pm and got the text that the item is in my locker around 6pm Saturday.

Do they always deliver on weekends or is this new?

They've always worked on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

I can see the Parcelmotel being very busy with prime day approaching

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

I want to top up by 2 euro but it says I have to enter a minimum of 10 is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

wolfpac wrote: »
    I want to top up by 2 euro but it says I have to enter a minimum of 10 is there any way around this?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

wolfpac wrote: »

If you register your card details rather than top up, does it not draw down what's left in your account first and charge the remainder (ie. €2) to it?
    Used to be able to register (and de-register) the card to pay as you go per item unless this has changed.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

I have only used parcel motel once to send items to someone. But now I want to use it to buy from Amazon as it seems to be a lot of hassle to set it up so you can buy from ebay.

I was just wondering does my PM number go directly after my name or do I put it in the address line 1 on Amazon then the 1A McKinney Road would be in address line 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

stevie1122 wrote: »
    I was just wondering does my PM number go directly after my name

this is what I do
    rubadub wrote: »
    I haven't used amazon, but I know the essential bit is the PMID, and with the postal code you should be fine, it is probably a known nightline courier depot anyway and no doubt the postal workers are very familiar with it.

I ended up having to have this as my paypal address

rubadub
    Parcel Motel PM30xxxxx
    1A McKinney Road
    Antrim
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

rather than what they issued me

rubadub
    Parcel Motel
    PM30xxxxx

1A McKinney Road
    Antrim
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

When I registered I thought it was bizarre that a courier company, with an online service, were seemingly totally oblivious to the trouble multi-line addresses cause when ordering stuff online with limited address fields. Have any of the people who set it up even ordered online before!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My amazon is setup like this:

Atomic Pineapple
    PMXXXXX
    Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Co Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Thanks I actually just ordered from ebay without any problems all I did was add a new address to my account and it automatically came up as my paypal address as well. I wish I had of know about this ages ago could have saved me a lot of cash.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

PM have a blog post on Amazon returns too, I haven't read through it but it might be helpful - http://www.parcelmotel.com/news/item/amazon-returns/

What they don't tell you in the blog post is that you still have to pay PM for handling the return i.e. the transfer from the Parcel Motel to the Royal Mail depot in Newtonabbey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Funny, I've never used the 'Parcel Motel' bit in the address, so mine looks like this:

God's Toy PM123456
    1A McKinney Road
    United Kingdom

After 37 uses and every one perfect I dont see a reason to add the words 'Parcel Motel' to my address...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

god's toy wrote: »
    God's Toy PM123456
    1A McKinney Road
    United Kingdom

This has always worked for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've always used the method they recommended in their welcome email when I signed up and have never had an issue to date.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

What happens when you get a text saying to top up, Will your package still be put away or do you have to wait another day?

Also it's in their Dublin place today. Is there any chance it would be in my locker tonight? My locker is very close to their depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I bought something from the US that was worth 19GBP. Never used parcel motel before but going through the thread I see if there are duties owed o won't get the package. Silly me. I'll hope for the best

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement