Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Does anyone know, if I have two packages, will they be put in the same locker? Or will I have to pay 7.90?

I ordered two books, Amazon dispatched them in seperate packages for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wing126 wrote: »
    Does anyone know, if I have two packages, will they be put in the same locker? Or will I have to pay 7.90?

I ordered two books, Amazon dispatched them in seperate packages for some reason.

Unless they are in the same box (EG orders filled by amazon) then you will be billed twice.

I sometimes have three or more amazon stuff coming in at once and its always been that way. If PM put them all in the one locker would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

god's toy wrote: »
    Unless they are in the same box (EG orders filled by amazon) then you will be billed twice.

I sometimes have three or more amazon stuff coming in at once and its always been that way. If PM put them all in the one locker would help.

I hope they're in the same box then. Amazon sent me seperate dispatch emails for both items in the one order, so I'm thinking they may be in seperate boxes.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Wing126 wrote:
    I hope they're in the same box then. Amazon sent me seperate dispatch emails for both items in the one order, so I'm thinking they may be in seperate boxes..

If the emails were sent at the same time then they are likely in one package. If different times they are separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I hope they're in the same box then. Amazon sent me seperate dispatch emails for both items in the one order, so I'm thinking they may be in seperate boxes.. :(

If you got separate dispatch emails then they are two different deliveries and as such PM will get two deliveries and will place them in two lockers costing you €7.90.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Do PM drop packages off on Sunday in Dublin? Have two packages 'In Transit' since Friday and yesterday

kfallon wrote: »
    Do PM drop packages off on Sunday in Dublin? Have two packages 'In Transit' since Friday and yesterday

No, they don't, it will be tomorrow when they will be put in the lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Anyone had delays with PM today? I had something from Amazon delivered to Newtownabbey early this morning but hasn't checked into my account yet, they're not usually this late (apart from at Christmas). Anyone else expecting something to check in today?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Toxica wrote: »
    Anyone had delays with PM today? I had something from Amazon delivered to Newtownabbey early this morning but hasn't checked into my account yet, they're not usually this late (apart from at Christmas). Anyone else expecting something to check in today?

Never mind, it just got checked into my account. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭j14

I'm trying to order an anti bark dog collar from amazon UK and it says the item is restricted and will not ship Ireland.

This is the collar in question.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ND5W4I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I have tried to enter the Parcel motel N.I. address but Amazon will not accept it as a valid address.

Its my first time using Parcel Motel.

Can anybody help me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

j14 wrote: »
    I have tried to enter the Parcel motel N.I. address but Amazon will not accept it as a valid address.

Its my first time using Parcel Motel.

Can anybody help me?

Type in here exactly how you are entering your name and address for Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm trying to order an anti bark dog collar from amazon UK and it says the item is restricted and will not ship Ireland.
    I have PM set up in my amazon account and it refused that item too. It's presumably since it contains a spray/liquid and/or the battery and it is probably only available to mainland UK, as to get to NI it would also need to go via airmail.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201337930
    UK Delivery Restrictions
    Due to specific handling and storage requirements for hazardous materials, we're unable to deliver certain products to addresses outside of mainland UK. Some items of this nature are available for delivery to mainland European locations, only. This includes, but isn't limited to, the following:

Combustible, explosive, flammable, or corrosive materials,
    Certain batteries, cleaners, or fuel,
    Alcohol,
    Age-restricted bladed products,
    Aerosol items,
    Many beauty items including hair dyes, perfumes, nail polish and mascara,
    Certain sunscreens,
    Alcohol-based marker pens,
    Certain adhesives, and
    Insecticides and air fresheners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Type in here exactly how you are entering your name and address for Amazon.

355966.GIF

Here is my address in Amazon, for mobile I had my own number but you can put ParcelMotel Antrim phone number. Can be found on the web.

I think Rubadub has hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭j14

Seems to be the problem.

I bought 4 of these collars from Amazon in September last year and got them delivered to a Friend in NI.

Seems like there was a change in Amazon policy or something.

Hmmm now I'm stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I bought 4 of these collars from Amazon in September last year and got them delivered to a Friend in NI.
    The postal restrictions are still new enough. Also amazon seem to be sticklers for any rules or grey areas limits, if in doubt they just don't send. Like you cannot get lots of stuff sent here, like light bulbs and in the past things like some mp3 players.

rubadub wrote: »
    The postal restrictions are still new enough. Also amazon seem to be sticklers for any rules or grey areas limits, if in doubt they just don't send. Like you cannot get lots of stuff sent here, like light bulbs and in the past things like some mp3 players.

I got lightbulbs from an amazon marketplace seller quite recently. Try a marketplace seller?

I notice that anti bark collar is sold on quite a few irish sites, more expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Seems to be the problem.

Seems like there was a change in Amazon policy or something.

Hmmm now I'm stumped.

A bit annoying, Amazon.de will deliver it to your door no problem for €62.90 but amazon.uk won't fly it to NI depriving you of c.€55.50 price all in via PM.

There's a similar prohibition on compressed air 'PC duster' aerosols denying the whole island serious bulk bargains and keeping Maplin-like gouging alive ... on safety grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

My parcel was was signed for yesterday in Belfast at 12:40, anyone think I'll receive it today in trim?

My parcel was was signed for yesterday in Belfast at 12:40, anyone think I'll receive it today in trim?

Probably late tonight, could be lucky and be around 8/9 or it could be in the middle of the night. I wouldn't count on having it before tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Just a heads-up, ebuyer just cancelled an order of mine within minutes of placing it. I asked them why and waiting for a response but it's probaby the usual 'we don't ship to freight forwarders' nonsense.

I'm sure I ordered from them before through PM with no issue so it must be a recent thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm sure I ordered from them before through PM with no issue so it must be a recent thing.

I doubt it, they never allowed it.

The only extra issue you might have now is that they will notify you that they canceled your account too. It happened to another user here who tried the PM route.

Your account could be used to send to a legit Northern address if you had any contacts there.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I doubt it, they never allowed it.

The only extra issue you might have now is that they will notify you that they canceled your account too. It happened to another user here who tried the PM route.

Your account could be used to send to a legit Northern address if you had any contacts there.

Hmm maybe it was a different company with a similar-looking website but I'm pretty sure it was ebuyer. It could have been in the beginning when PM was just new. I did have to create a new account though so maybe it was another one.

I have no contacts in the north. Too bad. I'll wait for another deal.

It does seem to be becoming more common for companies to catch on. I had a similar problem with another electronics webshop. It'd be great if we could start a wiki entry or a shared Google doc or something to list the resellers that are OK with it. Any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Probably late tonight, could be lucky and be around 8/9 or it could be in the middle of the night. I wouldn't count on having it before tomorrow morning.
    Thank you! I collected it from dublin today as it was too large :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

I got my first order from the UK using this service the other night I bought 3 items from the same person on ebay who for some reason decided to ship all 3 separately so parcel motel charged me three time which was very disappointing because for what I ended up paying it would have only cost me an extra euro to have had the stuff shipped directly to the house. My local parcel motel collection point is a good 50mins walk each way from my home.

But the service was fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

stevie1122 wrote: »
    I got my first order from the UK using this service the other night I bought 3 items from the same person on ebay who for some reason decided to ship all 3 separately so parcel motel charged me three time which was very disappointing because for what I ended up paying it would have only cost me an extra euro to have had the stuff shipped directly to the house. My local parcel motel collection point is a good 50mins walk each way from my home.

But the service was fast.

Check parcel connect, it's a bit more expensive but you might have a closer pick-up location.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 verbat

Has anyone used parcel motel for car tyres before?, i've been billed 21 euro for 1 tyre and i also have to collect it , it seems a little excessive as i have sent oversized items before and just collected it at the Finglas depot, thanks in advance

verbat wrote: »
    Has anyone used parcel motel for car tyres before?, i've been billed 21 euro for 1 tyre and i also have to collect it , it seems a little excessive as i have sent oversized items before and just collected it at the Finglas depot, thanks in advance

They charge in dimensional weight - http://www.parcelmotel.com/prices/

In addition its now €7.00 for a over sized parcel even if you collect it at their depot whereas before I thought it was just the standard price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

My package says delivered yet parcel motel still haven't put on their site that they received it

• Advertisement

My package says delivered yet parcel motel still haven't put on their site that they received it

Did you get it sent to Newtonabby? If so I don't think they put it on their system until it gets to their distribution center in Dublin, I've noticed a few hours between them getting it in Newtonabby and it appearing on the system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement