Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Did you get it sent to Newtonabby? If so I don't think they put it on their system until it gets to their distribution center in Dublin, I've noticed a few hours between them getting it in Newtonabby and it appearing on the system.

Thanks atomic pineapple. That's exactly it. I never used them before so wasn't sure how it worked but I have got my notification email that its since been received

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When sending a parcel, do you have to send it from your registered locker?

I paid for a parcel send Wednesday and printed off the label.. tried to send it yesterday afternoon, evening, and then this morning in the Beach Road Maxol in Irishtown (which isn't my regular location) but just kept getting error messages.

EDIT: Got them on the phone, yep it seems you do. Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

maximoose wrote: »
    When sending a parcel, do you have to send it from your registered locker?

I paid for a parcel send Wednesday and printed off the label.. tried to send it yesterday afternoon, evening, and then this morning in the Beach Road Maxol in Irishtown (which isn't my regular location) but just kept getting error messages.

EDIT: Got them on the phone, yep it seems you do. Damn it.

Well at least you know for again. Your account on their Website has an easy feature to change your default locker location, the next time you are in that situation you can change it before you make the buy & change it back afterwards.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I got two notifications from PM today stating both parcels were in the Dublin sorting office - one at 14.18 and the other at 16.20; can I expect these to be delivered tomorrow? I had another parcel which was delivered to my local collection point at 12.31 this morning for which I received a sorting office notification at 15.06 yesterday. Each said to allow one "working day" though.

Shred wrote: »
    I got two notifications from PM today stating both parcels were in the Dublin sorting office - one at 14.18 and the other at 16.20; can I expect these to be delivered tomorrow? I had another parcel which was delivered to my local collection point at 12.31 this morning for which I received a sorting office notification at 15.06 yesterday. Each said to allow one "working day" though.

I have my email notification set to "Anytime" & I always had my parcels delivered to my parcel motel early am the morning after I got the email notification, even on a Saturday. Now that they changed the route from north to your box to north to your box via Dublin might delay the process though I'm not sure.

I received a email notification today that my due package was in Dublin so I'm hoping it will be in my box in the morning.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

I have my email notification set to "Anytime" & I always had my parcels delivered to my parcel motel early am the morning after I got the email notification, even on a Saturday. Now that they changed the route from north to your box to north to your box via Dublin might delay the process though I'm not sure.

I received a email notification today that my due package was in Dublin so I'm hoping it will be in my box in the morning.

Cheers, hopefully I'll have them both tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I've been getting my email that an item is in Dublin around 4 or 5pm and the package hits my motel around 2am the next morning.

Even on weekends?

Scratch that, I just got both confirmation texts, cheers for the replies guys!

Shred wrote: »
    Scratch that, I just got both confirmation texts, cheers for the replies guys!

Mine is ready for collection as expected too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Just got a text today that a package is in but I won't be able to collect till Tuesday , will the 48 hours be extended to cover bank holiday?? The parcel motel office won't be open till Tuesday either

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just got a text today that a package is in but I won't be able to collect till Tuesday , will the 48 hours be extended to cover bank holiday?? The parcel motel office won't be open till Tuesday either

Where is it? In the locker or is it over sized and in the warehouse? If its in a locker you will only have 48 hours to collect it from the time you got the notification as far as I am aware. I'm not sure what happens if its in the warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I always get 72 hours for some reason. That isn't the standard though

Can you not give your phone number and pin to a family member or friend and have them pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Hi guys I have a package being sent from China to the Newtownabbey address. However the seller put "Co. Antrim, Ireland" on the label instead of "United Kingdom". Will it still get up to the north with that address?

Hi guys I have a package being sent from China to the Newtownabbey address. However the seller put "Co. Antrim, Ireland" on the label instead of "United Kingdom". Will it still get up to the north with that address?

I would imagine it will

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Has anyone had anything really small, like just an envelope come through parcel motel ok? Am looking at getting something from amazon and the seller wants £20(!) for postage to ireland. Northern Ireland is free, however it will only be i an envelope so i'm worried about it getting lost.

mel.b wrote: »
    Has anyone had anything really small, like just an envelope come through parcel motel ok? Am looking at getting something from amazon and the seller wants £20(!) for postage to ireland. Northern Ireland is free, however it will only be i an envelope so i'm worried about it getting lost.

A lot of users reported here that they receive spam mail to their PM box and have been charged for it too, even though I think PM will refund if you request it for such cases.

Anyway, if that is the case I'm sure your envelope will get there too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

mel.b wrote: »

I have got many small posts without any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks, just ordered :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

First time using parcel motel so I need some assistance.

3b7df53bee.png

Put my name or PMID in "Contact Name"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone having problems with PM these days? My Amazon order says it was delivered to the PM centre yesterday but they still haven't processed it or uploaded a picture of the item. Using the NI address btw.

I recently purchased a laptop off ebuyer. I gave parcel motel as the shipping address. Then ebuyer cancelled the order as they do not deliver to the Parcel motel address in Antrim.

Is this new or has anybody found a way around it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

I recently purchased a laptop off ebuyer. I gave parcel motel as the shipping address. Then ebuyer cancelled the order as they do not deliver to the Parcel motel address in Antrim.

Is this new or has anybody found a way around it ???

Ebuyer cottoned on to PM just over a year ago, and have always been highly risk averse to any possible fraud. I'd stick the model and maker into a hot deals UK search for potential suppliers or try amazon.de - good bargains to be had (even allowing extra for swapping over an English layout keyboard later if required).

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Sending from one PM to another, who pays? Sender or receiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

theShire wrote: »
    Sending from one PM to another, who pays? Sender or receiver?

sender pays the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I'm about to sign up with Parcelmotel but am stuck on the last bit ... their privacy policy.

The screen I encountered says:

''By submitting this form you understand and agree to accept all the terms and conditions and privacy policy issues. By registering with Parcel Motel.com you agree to receive information from Parcel Motel and carefully selected 3rd parties about products and services that will be selected based on your interests and information you supply to the website and understand that my contact details can be used for marketing purposes for telephone, email & mail contact. You can unsubscribe from these communications at anytime''

So is this basically saying I can be spammed to death by anyone and everyone ?I have gone to some considerable trouble in the past to stop cold calling on my phone. Its extremely annoying.

Even though according to the final line it says ''You can unsubscribe from these communications at anytime'' , thats not enough for me. I want to opt out before , not after. Opting out 'after'' means my information has already been passed to somebody before I find the opting out option in the menu. In my opinion it's dishonest as it means my information has leaked already. many times in the past information leaked leading to cold calling with nobody taking responsibility. This is one of those possible situations in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Don't use them then.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Opened PM account 2 years ago (June 2013).

Got NO 3rd party email so far.

Not even one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement