Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

moleyv wrote: »
    Don't use them then.....

Thats one of the most unhelpful comments possible. Seriously.
    joujoujou wrote: »
    Opened PM account 2 years ago (June 2013).

Got NO 3rd party email so far.

Not even one.

Thanks
    Patww79 wrote: »

Thanks.

If I give my real address and number etc , the last thing I want is to end up subscribed to naughty otter pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Quick question: I've €2 something credit on my account. If i have a card associated with my account and i check in a parcel will my card be charged the full €3.95 or the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Does anyone know is there any problems getting stuff delivered from Nike.com through parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Recently created a PM secondary address on my eBay.ie account. Everything was set up the right way, since I live in Carrick on Shannon, for "free postage" UK deliveries to ROI I've had the Newtownabbey PM spot chosen. Finally decided to get some goodies to be bought from mainland UK, the eBay seller used parcelforce service, shipped the goods Monday afternoon. Atm the tracking status says the package's been DELIVERED after 3pm today with a location in Belfast Central Depot signed by a courier. Does that mean it's currently in Newtownabbey already or is it still sitting in parcelforce's depot? I'm quite confused here now... Anyone had a similar experience before? Any help is much appreciated:). Haven't received any PM text messages yet, if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

versager wrote: »
    Recently created a PM secondary address on my eBay.ie account. Everything was set up the right way, since I live in Carrick on Shannon, for "free postage" UK deliveries to ROI I've had the Newtownabbey PM spot chosen. Finally decided to get some goodies to be bought from mainland UK, the eBay seller used parcelforce service, shipped the goods Monday afternoon. Atm the tracking status says the package's been DELIVERED after 3pm today with a location in Belfast Central Depot signed by a courier. Does that mean it's currently in Newtownabbey already or is it still sitting in parcelforce's depot? I'm quite confused here now... Anyone had a similar experience before? Any help is much appreciated:). Haven't received any PM text messages yet, if that helps.

This sounds normal to me, you should get an email this evening saying it's been checked into your PM account and then you should receive it tomorrow morning at your chosen PM location.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

versager wrote: »

If the tracking code states 'delivered' its now in parcel motel, and probably will be down to the republic tonight and when its put into the locker you will get the text with the pin to open the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Any else get anything from the locker in Grand Canal Dock Spar today?
    My GF walked 40mins in the rain to collect a package and the machine was off.

Pissed off to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Toxica & Davy, your answers are much appreciated. I'll update my post in the thread accordingly once there's more progress on the package, i.e. when it's finally delivered to me (tomorrow evening, hopefully:)).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Hi. I have received the email saying that my package was checked in at the Dublin sorting depot. Does anyone know if parcel motel deliver to Galway in the evening or is it just the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Tommyboy87 wrote: »
    Hi. I have received the email saying that my package was checked in at the Dublin sorting depot. Does anyone know if parcel motel deliver to Galway in the evening or is it just the morning?

I'm Galway based too and the norm has been that they down it overnight and it will be in your box fist thing in the morning.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Why don't Amazon.co.uk delivery to parcel motel address in NI?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

me0w wrote: »

They do, just not certain items like alcohol, food, aftershaves etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

me0w wrote: »

Ummm...they do.

martyos121 wrote: »
    They do, just not certain items like alcohol, food, aftershaves etc.

Oh, I was tying to order perfume. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There would be restrictions on liquids going by air.

Also parcel motel have restrictions on alcohol & tobacco, presumably since its liable for excise duty. So I am not sure if there would be an issue with perfumes if they are due excise duty. In the past you can see them warning against duties.

https://twitter.com/parcelmotel/status/432547674471288832
    Parcel Motel
    @ParcelMotel
    @leonard76_ yes ok to use PM. Just be aware that perfume is subject to same excise laws as alcohol.@DebenhamsIRE have 10% off perfume today

This seems odd as I thought they refused stuff with any VAT due on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have a load of van driver gone on holls or something at PM?

Its starting to get more like stff arrives in dublin and now takes two days or more to reach the PM anywhere past Bray!... even then when it does arrive its at 12am at night! I'm thinking the motels are always full or something now. grr. It was better when no one knew about it.

Not grumbling, just want my own motel that no one knows about but me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

What's the story with dock road topaz limerick ? Where is motel gone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Did you know that Parcel Motel work to UK bank holidays and not the Irish ones?
    Even if the goods are already in the back of a motel van within Ireland they will not be transferred to a your motel until the next (UK) working day.

That's what I found out when enquiring about my packages that seem to have disappeared in transit.

All ended well but just learnt about the UK bank holidays bit I didn't know of before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Did anyone try pixmania.co.uk with Parcel Motel delivery? I found a certain phone there significantly cheaper than on pixmania.ie, plus cheaper delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

What's the story with dock road topaz limerick ? Where is motel gone ?

Is there a problem there? I'm in Limerick, wanted to use PM but if there is no longer a Limerick motel...

Hi guys, just a warning, don't order multiple items from Debenhams when using PM, bc like Amazon they send items out individually (they must also have several warehouses) - unless you dont mind paying an extra 3.95 every time they send out parts of your order!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bottletap

Just won an auction on ebay for a vintage Gillete razor. Then I saw PM have restricted items which includes "VALUABLES, antiques, heirlooms, items of significant sentimental value or nature"

This is kind of subjective. This razor isn't valuable (paid less than €20 for it) and it has no sentimental value of any kind to me. Would they class it as an antique or will I get away with it? In reality it is just a shaving razor, though many collectors may see it as an antique.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

bottletap wrote: »
    Just won an auction on ebay for a vintage Gillete razor. Then I saw PM have restricted items which includes "VALUABLES, antiques, heirlooms, items of significant sentimental value or nature"

This is kind of subjective. This razor isn't valuable (paid less than €20 for it) and it has no sentimental value of any kind to me. Would they class it as an antique or will I get away with it? In reality it is just a shaving razor, though many collectors may see it as an antique.

I think they're just covering themselves against claims way in excess of any genuine intrinsic value or emotional distress compo for losing/decapitating Teddy.

The apparent value is way inside the standard €100 liability cover. I can't see them trying to wrangle out of returning what you paid for it by PM themselves reclassifying a lost item as Antique.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone ever have a PM delivery go from 'In Transit' to 'Cancelled'?

Just sent an email about it to PM but very strange, not seen it before! In between was

Tue 15 Sep 12:42Parcel Motel DublinPackage location scan

And then cancelled at 13.02

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

kfallon wrote: »
    Anyone ever have a PM delivery go from 'In Transit' to 'Cancelled'?

Just sent an email about it to PM but very strange, not seen it before! In between was

Tue 15 Sep 12:42Parcel Motel DublinPackage location scan

And then cancelled at 13.02

Was the item on their banned list maybe?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Was the item on their banned list maybe?

Sounds more like an issue at the Motel location.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement