Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Na, just a tracksuit top, just got this

Thanks for getting in touch with us.
    Unfortunately due to an ongoing technical problem caused by the power supply serving our Parcel motel in Grand Canal, we are temporarily unable to store parcels just now. This means customers collecting and sending are also affected by this outage.
    We are quickly working to resolve this and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible, but as the issue is ongoing we will now be cancelling parcels going to Grand Canal and re-processing them sending them to the Ringsend Mace, on the Ringsend Road (facing the bus terminus) which is 400 meters away.
    We apologise for the inconvenience and have applied a free stay to your parcel motel account to say sorry for this.
    Kindest Regards,
    Nathan
    FFS!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bottletap

kfallon wrote: »
    Na, just a tracksuit top, just got this

Thanks for getting in touch with us.
    Unfortunately due to an ongoing technical problem caused by the power supply serving our Parcel motel in Grand Canal, we are temporarily unable to store parcels just now. This means customers collecting and sending are also affected by this outage.
    We are quickly working to resolve this and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible, but as the issue is ongoing we will now be cancelling parcels going to Grand Canal and re-processing them sending them to the Ringsend Mace, on the Ringsend Road (facing the bus terminus) which is 400 meters away.
    We apologise for the inconvenience and have applied a free stay to your parcel motel account to say sorry for this.
    Kindest Regards,
    Nathan
    FFS!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Is it really that big of a deal to have to make a 5-10 minute walk to collect your parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi. Has possibly been asked before;
    What protection is there from a small time UK dealer scenario, sending you correspondence to your PM address (which you previously used with them) and you getting invoiced by PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Hi. Has possibly been asked before;
    What protection is there from a small time UK dealer scenario, sending you correspondence to your PM address (which you previously used with them) and you getting invoiced by PM?

You contact PM and tell them that delivery was a SPAM letter and they will refund you. They are used to this happening.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have no credit in my PM account and no credit card registered. I only register when I am expecting something. So if junk does come it will not even be sent out and will have less hassle.

When an item comes in I will be sent a photo and tell them its junk.

I think this will overcome the weekend delivery issue too. i.e. if I get a email saying something has arrived on friday night I think I can hold off registering the CC until saturday, and so can pick it up on monday as I pass on the way to work. (I have not done this yet but figure it should work)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

I'm going to buy a camera from amazon.co.uk and get it delivered through parcelmotel, just wondering if this is a safe thing to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Shane15 wrote: »
    I'm going to buy a camera from amazon.co.uk and get it delivered through parcelmotel, just wondering if this is a safe thing to do?

As safe as any other form of delivery I'd imagine. I got loads of stuff via them from Amazon and never had any problems.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I've used the for about 100 purchases and have not had any major issues yet.

I did have one small problem where I didn't receive a package but that was due to the sender not putting my Pm number on the address.. When I rang looking for it I had it the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Shane15 wrote: »

Standard liability cover is €100 per package which you can bump to €250 for free by signing up to the shopping tracker.

You can extend liability cover (14 days) up to €500/1000/1500 for an additional €3.50/7.00/10.50:
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/extend-liability/

If it's a high value camera some extended cover might be prudent - given the 2% VAT saving through PM over Amazon ROI it kinda pays for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Would parcel motel accept an item with these dimensions:
    Product Dimensions 39.8 x 29 x 20.4 cm
    Weight 599 g

From PM website
    The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm
    The maximum weight is 10 kg

These measurements are probably w/o packaging

Will I be charged extra?

It's a magazine/paper holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

64 vs 39.8 - pass
    41 vs 29 - pass
    38 vs 20.4 - pass

You'll be grand.

joujoujou wrote: »
    64 vs 39.8 - pass
    41 vs 29 - pass
    38 vs 20.4 - pass

You'll be grand.

Thanks, but I don't know how big the packaging box will be. That's what I'm worried about :c

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

If it's that Flechtwaren rattan from Amazon for £20 I'd add something else for £5+ that's also supplied or fulfilled by Amazon and get free supersaver delivery to any Irish address.

Being Amazon you can't guarantee that boxed it will be snug enough to fit the locker even if "well packaged" in one review.

If it doesn't fit it's an extra €3.50 to collect it from the Nightline depot of your choice (within 48 hrs) or an additional €10.50 to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

One small item and one large item coming from Amazon, both arrived with PM in NI this morning according to the tracking.

One was scanned in to my account an hour and a half ago (the small packet) but the other one wasn't yet (the parcel).. should I be worried? Both will easily fit in the lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Techmaster wrote: »
    One small item and one large item coming from Amazon, both arrived with PM in NI this morning according to the tracking.

One was scanned in to my account an hour and a half ago (the small packet) but the other one wasn't yet (the parcel).. should I be worried? Both will easily fit in the lockers.

No I wouldn't be worry so far, if not there by tomorrow then maybe. They will use a locker for each parcel.

nava wrote: »
    No I wouldn't be worry so far, if not there by tomorrow then maybe. They will use a locker for each parcel.

So it may just be held up? Scanned in later today?

So it may just be held up? Scanned in later today?

yes, it should be scanned at some point later today, if in Dublin probably deliver to your locker tonight.

yes, it should be scanned at some point later today, if in Dublin probably deliver to your locker tonight.

It hasn't even been scanned in at Antrim though. One packet was, the other wasn't. Its not even on my account. Both signed for at same time.

It hasn't even been scanned in at Antrim though. One packet was, the other wasn't. Its not even on my account. Both signed for at same time.

The other parcel might get scan in Dublin, seen that happening to me once before both parcels arrived in Antrim in the morning 1 scanned there the other in Dublin, my last parcel was scanned in Dublin

• Advertisement

The other parcel might get scan in Dublin, seen that happening to me once before both parcels arrived in Antrim in the morning 1 scanned there the other in Dublin, my last parcel was scanned in Dublin

Yup

Emailed them there and it is now scanned in, was just a bit later than the other one! Phew! :P

They are both in Dublin now, should I get them tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Anyone returned to Amazon using Collect+/PM?
    Is it normal to take a long time to be forwarded over to Collect+? Sent item back a week ago tracking useless "3rd party link"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

me0w wrote: »
    Thanks, but I don't know how big the packaging box will be. That's what I'm worried about :c
    Ask seller a question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

one of my packages has been checked-in for about 30 hours.
    whats up with that ?
    lockers are full ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Spunge wrote: »
    one of my packages has been checked-in for about 30 hours.
    whats up with that ?
    lockers are full ?

Yeh it can take 48 hours sometimes if the lockers are full.

Has anyone ordered from Fragrancex.com and used Parcel Motel's delivery address? My order is 44 euro in total and is being sent from the US by DHL. Will there be admin/custom fees? What happens if there is? will PM charge me for it or will they not accept the parcel? I put my billing address as Parcel motel address and paid by Paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Has anyone ordered from Fragrancex.com and used Parcel Motel's delivery address? My order is 44 euro in total and is being sent from the US by DHL. Will there be admin/custom fees? What happens if there is? will PM charge me for it or will they not accept the parcel? I put my billing address as Parcel motel address and paid by Paypal.

They wont accept anything with custom charges. Allowance is €25

They wont accept anything with custom charges. Allowance is €25

Damn:( I wish I'd checked before ordering. It's already been dispatched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Damn:( I wish I'd checked before ordering. It's already been dispatched

You could be lucky and it slips through.

• Advertisement

You could be lucky and it slips through.

Contacted PM and this was their response:
    All duty or charges would need to be cleared before the parcel can be delivered to us. Just keep an eye on the tracking and when it reaches the destination, give the courier a call and clear the charge. They will then deliver the parcel into us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement