Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Got a parcel knocked back recently for customs issues-- they didn't even contact me. First I heard about it was when I went online to check the tracking as I thought it was a bit slow, and discovered that the package was back with the sender.

Perhaps if you contact them in advance and offer to pay the customs you'll have better luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I think the way the work is that they do not accept parcels that they are looking for payment on delivery, if the courier does not look for payment they will accept but you will get an invoice at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

nava wrote: »
    I think the way the work is that they do not accept parcels that they are looking for payment on delivery, if the courier does not look for payment they will accept but you will get an invoice at a later date.

Do you know if DHL ask for payment on delivery???

me0w wrote: »
    Do you know if DHL ask for payment on delivery???

In Ireland they don't but could be different if they deliver to Parcel Motel as they know by now is a post forwarding service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

is this the Dublin or NI depot?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Anyone know what happens if you send a package to Parcel Motel (from outside the EU) that requires import tax to be paid on it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens if you send a package to Parcel Motel (from outside the EU) that requires import tax to be paid on it ?

PM decline to accept it and it's returned to sender by the courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone used parcel motel for sending parcels? Seem to be cheaper than an post and handier too. Well at least for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lucas Hood wrote:
    Anyone used parcel motel for sending parcels? Seem to be cheaper than an post and handier too. Well at least for me.

Yeah a few times, its pretty good

sweetie wrote: »
    Yeah a few times, its pretty good

Also used it a few times within Ireland from PM to PM, I find them slower by a day or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just got a text message / e-mail saying 'You have insufficient balance on your account to cover the 3.95 charge for your parcel. Please log into your Parcel Motel account and top up'.. is this a standard text to notify or does it actually mean a parcel has arrived for me? Am thinking it's the former as I've ordered nothing. Also if something has arrived, wouldn't they have the photo of it under my account? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They wont accept anything with custom charges. Allowance is €25

You should be subject to the UK limits which is £15, which converts as €20.23 on xe at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Basq wrote: »
    Just got a text message / e-mail saying 'You have insufficient balance on your account to cover the 3.95 charge for your parcel. Please log into your Parcel Motel account and top up'.. is this a standard text to notify or does it actually mean a parcel has arrived for me? Am thinking it's the former as I've ordered nothing. Also if something has arrived, wouldn't they have the photo of it under my account? :confused:

Probably a spam envelope from someone you've purchased from previously?

Give them a call and ask if it's an envelope and tell them to discard it, they're well used to it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Do parcel motel let you know when a parcel has arrived to their depot or just at your locker ? I can see that my parcel has arrived to their depot up north but they haven't sent me any notification yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Yes same with my last parcel, prevous parcels (a few weeks back) only got email/text when it was put in locker.

nava wrote: »
    Yes same with my last parcel, prevous parcels (a few weeks back) only got email/text when it was put in locker.

I've been getting email notifications to tell me it had arrived at the depot since April. They're sent from a different address to the locker notification, though, so you might want to check your Spam folder.

Lads your not filling me with confidence here haha.

No emails received at all and I didn't realise the poxy insurance cover is only 100 quid, wouldn't have used them for this item at all if I'd know, my own fault obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    You can up the insurance.

Thanks man, just upped it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Toxica wrote: »
    Thanks, looks pretty good, seeing as I would spend more than that on petrol (two and a half hours travelling to and from my nearest parcel motel).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Basq wrote: »

That's a pretty standard message. It means something has arrived for you, it will be forwarded to your parcel motel when balance is enough to pay for it. It's odd sometimes though, I'm down in Cork and I order a fair bit and sometimes ive had that message and topped up and a day or so later its arrived from Dublin. But sometimes about an hour or two after I top up it tells me I can collect it, so I suspect sometimes its already stored in your locker but wont be given details to collect it until there's enough balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

I had an oversize parcel delivered to Antrim depo today, I seen the delivery confirmation on the UPS website, but I have heard nothing from Parcel motel, was hoping it would be in finglas this morning so I could collect on the way home from work,

Is it common for over sized parcels to take longer to get to Dublin ???

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

I had an oversize parcel delivered to Antrim depo today, I seen the delivery confirmation on the UPS website, but I have heard nothing from Parcel motel, was hoping it would be in finglas this morning so I could collect on the way home from work,

Is it common for over sized parcels to take longer to get to Dublin ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Do you find things are slowing down ? Up to a month ago, a notification would always be followed by a next day delivery. Now its 3-5 days.

recipio wrote: »
    Do you find things are slowing down ? Up to a month ago, a notification would always be followed by a next day delivery. Now its 3-5 days.

Not at all the case for me-- I'm not sure where you are, but I'm using a South Dublin motel. Something arrived for me Saturday afternoon at the Dublin depot (got an email when it came in), and I had it that evening at the Motel.

Last week I had another few parcels come in, some not getting to the depot until after 6pm. All were in the Motel the same night. I've only once ever had a parcel do an overnight stay in the depot, and that was months ago.

• Advertisement

Actually, question:

those who don't get email notifications when their parcel arrives at the depot, are you using the UK or ROI address to get your stuff posted to?

I don't think I've ever used PM's Dublin address, and I always get an email when they receive my package at Dublin from the Northern address.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement