Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Getting a package delivered to someone via PM it's been undelivered twice because it's an apartment so had trouble leaving it somewhere I imagine. The status is now 'Released', anyone know what this means? It was in the Depot in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Not at all the case for me-- I'm not sure where you are, but I'm using a South Dublin motel. Something arrived for me Saturday afternoon at the Dublin depot (got an email when it came in), and I had it that evening at the Motel.

Last week I had another few parcels come in, some not getting to the depot until after 6pm. All were in the Motel the same night. I've only once ever had a parcel do an overnight stay in the depot, and that was months ago.

Well. I'm in the midlands and there is definitely something wrong with my PM address. I have four packets checked in since Oct 17 and no delivery or word of explanation. I get an 'offline' message when I try to email.
    I always use the NI address mainly 'cause UK shipping is free but get a notification from the Dublin depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

recipio wrote: »
    Well. I'm in the midlands and there is definitely something wrong with my PM address. I have four packets checked in since Oct 17 and no delivery or word of explanation. I get an 'offline' message when I try to email.
    I always use the NI address mainly 'cause UK shipping is free but get a notification from the Dublin depot.

Have you phoned them?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Have you phoned them?

I gave that up a long time ago -- life is too short.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I gave that up a long time ago -- life is too short.:rolleyes:

I can well understand your frustration over it but not getting hold of them some way ain't going to sort it ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Sounds like something's amiss, all right.

Rather than email, have you tried opening a support request?

I dealt with them on two minor issues this way. They were very quick to get respond, and the issues were resolved promptly and to my satisfaction. Far better than having to phone, anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Ordered a PC case the other day, its been sent by yodel instead of the usual royal mail or whatever. I ordered something else the same day and that was delivered yesterday and I received it last night, yodel were slower and it only got delivered to the depot up north this morning, but still haven't seen that it's been checked in or anything? Anyone got stuff delivered to PM by yodel before?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

No, but my experience of Yodel is that whilst some depots might be okay at doing things some agents are just rubbish and don't do the job they are asked to do.

I had some car parts sent Dutch TNT post to Bristol. The parcel never was carded or arrived. They claimed to have attempted delivery a couple of times as per tracking, but that wasn't the case. Parcel couldn't be located at depot. 13 weeks later the goods turn up "return to sender" at sender's address in The Netherlands.

I've also had an item self-signed in the name of the addressee, who most definitely wasn't in and it was left on the door step. Luckily it didn't go walkabout.

There must be some good agents out there, but there are few too many rogue ones.

So my three items were delivered ( I got four notifications ) and I saw the Nightline van actually at the shop at lunchtime. By evening I had no notification and sent another email. Got a reply within minutes. Their system 'was not generating texts and would continue like this' . Also, one of my packages 'had the label damaged and had to be readdressed.'
    I was to print off their email and present myself at the shop ( I don't have lockers ) with ID.The poor shop girl looked bewildered but I got the packages.
    Sorry but I suspect this is complete BS. There is some systemic failure at the Dublin depot - I just wish they would own up.

So my three items were delivered ( I got four notifications ) and I saw the Nightline van actually at the shop at lunchtime. By evening I had no notification and sent another email. Got a reply within minutes. Their system 'was not generating texts and would continue like this'.

It wasn't generating texts, but you got four notifications? How was that?

• Advertisement

It wasn't generating texts, but you got four notifications? How was that?

Sorry, I meant the 'checkins' with photos. The reply actually says 'it was unable to generate PIN numbers or texts'.
    Also, the damaged parcel was marked 'cancelled' - I thought for a while that it was about to be sent back.
    All this hassle could be solved by a little communication - we shouldn't have to send frustrated emails. BTY, has anyone tried phoning PM ? Is there an actual number ?

Sorry, I meant the 'checkins' with photos. The reply actually says 'it was unable to generate PIN numbers or texts'.

So you got a notification to tell you it was in the depot, but nothing to tell you it had been delivered to the motel?

That's very irritating. It wouldn't want "to continue like this" or their reliability will be seriously questionable going forward.

So you got a notification to tell you it was in the depot, but nothing to tell you it had been delivered to the motel?

That's very irritating. It wouldn't want "to continue like this" or their reliability will be seriously questionable going forward.

Yeah, kinda disappointing.
    Its not the end of the world but I got used to a next day delivery, then they took the lockers away, now I can go 4-5 days without any delivery after check in.
    I asked if it was specific to my area and got no reply.
    I can only speculate it is down to some economising on the route but can't understand the poor communications.

Yeah, kinda disappointing.
    Its not the end of the world but I got used to a next day delivery, then they took the lockers away, now I can go 4-5 days without any delivery after check in.
    I asked if it was specific to my area and got no reply.
    I can only speculate it is down to some economising on the route but can't understand the poor communications.

If this is going to be the new standard for service, they're not living up to the terms posted here:
    As soon as we receive your parcel we will put it into your chosen Parcel Motel within 1 working day (2 working days in December).
    I couldn't find a contact number for Parcel Motel, but as they are run by Nightline, you may have some success with the information here. The Belfast office is the only office listed on the Nightline site that has the same physical location as the PM depot (both the Dublin ones are D11, but I don't think they're the same unit), so that might be the best option?

If you do call them, let us know how you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fauldswood

I've used this service three times, first was a disaster with goods going to Galway and coming back destroyed, 2nd worked a treat and this time it looks like its gone missing again. Emailed at 9am this am asking for explanation of why goods delivered to NI last Friday were not out for delivery and have had no answer. If person sending you the goods doesn't address correctly it becomes a lottery! I'm assuming thats the problem this time. They said thats what happened 1st time, but all address labels obliterated with printed nightlife labels so I couldn't see when they finally did deliver. DONT USE!

Fauldswood wrote: »
    I've used this service three times, first was a disaster with goods going to Galway and coming back destroyed, 2nd worked a treat and this time it looks like its gone missing again. Emailed at 9am this am asking for explanation of why goods delivered to NI last Friday were not out for delivery and have had no answer. If person sending you the goods doesn't address correctly it becomes a lottery! I'm assuming thats the problem this time. They said thats what happened 1st time, but all address labels obliterated with printed nightlife labels so I couldn't see when they finally did deliver. DONT USE!

Yes, I try to advise sellers to use the full PM address including the number.
    Sometimes its just down to carelessness in shortening the address.
    Got a packet delivered overnight today, so they can do it if they want to. I think they need to sharpen up their customer service skills.

Yes recipio you are correct. I used the service last week, order placed and despatch from UK on Monday, in NI on Wed. and with me Thursday no problem.

I've wrote here, tweeted, wrote on Facebook and sent an email to customer service at 9am, so far absolutely no reply so people can judge for themselves if this is a reliable service.

I think it has great merit but needs work

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Hey, I am buying monitor on Amazon with one day delivery, I am specifying parcel motel my UK address, the size of it is: 22.2 x 57 x 43.1 cm
    And weight is 7 Kg.

Can I use parcel motel in this case? (I don't mind overpaying), but say if I place order today, it will arrive to them tomorrow in UK, 12-14 Hours to transfer to Dublin, would I be able to collect it somewhere or get it delivered on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

In my experience it takes Parcel Motel much longer to process oversize items, so from arrival in Belfast to you receiving a text telling you there is an oversized item can be anything from 3-5 days (actually a week for me before - and only because I kept harrassing them about it).

They dont seem too efficient on anything outside of the "norm".

Oh - and when picking up an oversized item - they tried to force me to accept a damaged box and claimed I had signed for it by typing the pin code in when I arrived at the depot. I had a great deal of trouble getting the guy (and then his manager) to understand that typing in a pin number was not me signing for collection and that I would not accept a damaged item. Took a very long time to resolve too, and they paid me back less than the item had cost in the end - just to forewarn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Surfgal

I used them recently for an oversized package and they were fine. Normal delivery time to Belfast, then I got it delivered to my work address a day or two later. I think it was an extra €7 to get it delivered to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Merged with main sticky thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

New PM location in Tesco Wicklow Town has been installed I see. Not appearing on the PM site yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Had something delivered to PM in Belfast last Friday, shows signed for at 5.30pm.

Haven't heard anything about it being checked in yet. Should I start worrying?

Mailed PM CS this morning.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    New PM location in Tesco Wicklow Town has been installed I see. Not appearing on the PM site yet though.

Actual lockers or pick up in Tesco ? I had the lockers until they took them away which is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Actual lockers or pick up in Tesco ? I had the lockers until they took them away which is a pain.

Lockers, just beside the trolley bay

Hi Ayatolla,

When the system works it is great, but I'd wager money that your parcel didn't have the PM number on it, happened twice to me from ebay purchases.

Parcel Motel though don't hold on to parcels they send them to who they think they belong to??
    Both parcels that went missing came back to me opened, with one destroyed as it wasn't repacked.

The staff are very nice both Robbie + Orla but the company has a communication problem, they usually take between 4 - 8 hours to get back to you. Last time I went on to their Facebook page because I had replied as directed by there email but Robbie was on a day off and no one checked his emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Hi Ayatolla,

When the system works it is great, but I'd wager money that your parcel didn't have the PM number on it, happened twice to me from ebay purchases.

Parcel Motel though don't hold on to parcels they send them to who they think they belong to??
    Both parcels that went missing came back to me opened, with one destroyed as it wasn't repacked.

The staff are very nice both Robbie + Orla but the company has a communication problem, they usually take between 4 - 8 hours to get back to you. Last time I went on to their Facebook page because I had replied as directed by there email but Robbie was on a day off and no one checked his emails.

It happened to me once and I just called them and described the package. They identified it and sent it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Seems like the pre Christmas delays have begun. My parcel has been in transit now for 72 hours...hasn't happened since this time last year! Thankfully parcel wizard are here this year to 'lighten the load' so to speak.

It happened to me once and I just called them and described the package. They identified it and sent it on.

It took them a few hours to find mine both times once they had the delivery details, signature, time it was delivered, but then took days to come back as it had been sent to a customer with similar name as mine, it then took 72 hours to get back.

• Advertisement

It took them a few hours to find mine both times once they had the delivery details, signature, time it was delivered, but then took days to come back as it had been sent to a customer with similar name as mine, it then took 72 hours to get back.

The staff in the North don't seem to have access to the data base if no PM number is on it then thats you knackered! I think British people get confused because the PM number looks like another postcode.

I'm waiting on my 4th parcel to be delivered, 1st + 3rd were a nightmare. I've stressed to sender in UK to put PM number on it, but if the don't.......!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement