Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Fauldswood wrote: »
    It took them a few hours to find mine both times once they had the delivery details, signature, time it was delivered, but then took days to come back as it had been sent to a customer with similar name as mine, it then took 72 hours to get back.

I have been using PM for about two years now and while I never lost a parcel, I have had a lot of hassle.
    The problem seems to be their flaky IT system and a general 'couldn't care less' attitude.
    For instance, today I got a notification of two items checked in but only one photo notification.
    They need to sharpen up the whole organization and put a second 'Michael O' Leary' in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Sorted folks, they found the parcel. Check-in between 0-48 hours.

Amazon seller never included the PMID. Pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fauldswood

As I said....and PM told you should have put on site you are waiting on it and its the senders fault!

Unfortunately, they don't "sit" on a parcel, they can't check the data base. If they did when it was found you would get the next day...so wheres yours gone, mine was in Galway and I'm in Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Lockers, just beside the trolley bay

Up on the PM site now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

I'd double check your addresses on your Amazon account sometimes it happens. I made that mistake before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just got the email that my parcel has arrived in Dublin at 15:43, do they send any deliveries out at this time or will it be tomorrow before I get it? Based in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just got the email that my parcel has arrived in Dublin at 15:43, do they send any deliveries out at this time or will it be tomorrow before I get it? Based in the west.

Yes they do send out deliveries, I had parcels scanned at 6pm that went out for delivery on the same evening. If you logon later today you should see if it was loaded in van.

Just had a UK retailer issue a refund telling me that 'the lady in the post office can't find the postcode and advised against posting to a PO box'
    Now, this is the first time this has happened but I wonder if RM are a bit ticked off and have a hostile attitude. ? Am I paranoid ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fannymcslap

Can I ask a stupid question?

If my item is being delivered by UPS and requires a signature or whatever, there wouldn't be any issues right?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can I ask a stupid question?

If my item is being delivered by UPS and requires a signature or whatever, there wouldn't be any issues right?

Thanks!

No problem with that provided there's no duties outstanding on the item.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

recipio wrote: »
    Just had a UK retailer issue a refund telling me that 'the lady in the post office can't find the postcode and advised against posting to a PO box'
    Now, this is the first time this has happened but I wonder if RM are a bit ticked off and have a hostile attitude. ? Am I paranoid ? :rolleyes:

Tell him to check he hasn't put the PMID as the postcode and if he hasn't tell him to go to a different post office where they know how to provide a service. Have had numerous deliveries from Royal Mail without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mark74

as the post above says, most likely the pmid is in the postcode box.
    Or i imagine its a small retailer who are afraid its a scam purchase....e.g. if its ebay you'll get the package and reclaim your payment later.
    it sounds strange the lady in the post office advises against sending to a PO Box...how many packages does she see a day and does she give this advice all day long. i assume its a small retailer as they went to the post office themselves...could be worth re-assuring them of the whole parcel motel setup.

No problem with that provided there's no duties outstanding on the item.

Purchased from the UK Microsoft store so all good there I think!

Thanks for the help!

Mark74 wrote: »
    as the post above says, most likely the pmid is in the postcode box.
    Or i imagine its a small retailer who are afraid its a scam purchase....e.g. if its ebay you'll get the package and reclaim your payment later.
    it sounds strange the lady in the post office advises against sending to a PO Box...how many packages does she see a day and does she give this advice all day long. i assume its a small retailer as they went to the post office themselves...could be worth re-assuring them of the whole parcel motel setup.

Thanks all.
    I think it was a particularly difficult retailer ( not ebay) - at one stage he asked 'what kind of address is that', despite assuring him that I get signed for packets all the time from PM.
    His loss, but I wonder if Royal Mail are a bit annoyed at the loss of revenue to the ROI, and are discouraging mail to PM ? From what I read on the UK forums all kinds of crazy advice is given out in the PO.
    I'm going to stick to Eastern Europe who are only too glad to get business.

Quick one!

I received an email from UPS saying my parcel was delivered to PM in Newtownabbey at 10am this morning, what's the likelihood it'll be delivered to my box this evening?

Or will I get it tomorrow do ye think?

Thank you!

Quick one!

I received an email from UPS saying my parcel was delivered to PM in Newtownabbey at 10am this morning, what's the likelihood it'll be delivered to my box this evening?

Or will I get it tomorrow do ye think?

Thank you!

Tomorrow. Its got to go to the Dublin depot and you will then get a notification.

Tomorrow. Its got to go to the Dublin depot and you will then get a notification.

Thank you!

Also I just got a dublin depot notification, does that mean anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Thank you!

Depends on where you are based I'd say.

I'm in Galway and when I get that Dub notification I always have it in my locker between 6 & 7am the following morning.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thank you!

You might get it deliver to your locker tonight, depending of your location, if you check the PM website later today if out to your locker it shoudl say Loaded to van or similar.

• Advertisement

I am useless at providing info, sorry lads - and thanks!

I'm based in sandyford, right by my locker. I'm hopeful of this evening now!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lads, I want to send a parcel to the UK. Does it go to a Parcel Motel or direct to the persons address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sully wrote: »
    Lads, I want to send a parcel to the UK. Does it go to a Parcel Motel or direct to the persons address?

Direct.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Techmaster wrote: »
    Direct.

Thanks. But the pricing on the website shows for the UK and then another for Address Delivery. I take it Address Delivery isn't for the UK and I don't look at that option for a quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Thanks. But the pricing on the website shows for the UK and then another for Address Delivery. I take it Address Delivery isn't for the UK and I don't look at that option for a quote?

It will tell you pricing at checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Patww79 wrote: »

What where the delays like around Black Friday/Cyber Monday last year? Did the buses show up at all motels?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Hi, I want someone to put a parcel into their local Parcel Motel depot for me and have it delivered to my local Parcel Motel. Is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

As long as it's 10kgs or under and fits the dimensions of small, medium or large locker - delivery is €14.50 - €16.50 to any UK mainland address. Tracking and delivery (especially pick up from your locker) is leisurely but it's less than 1/2 the price over 2.5kg and 1/3 of the cost of An Post at 10kg. Expect at least a week - it's never going to do the parent company Nightline out of business by delivering faster at lower cost - but best value low priority parcel delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

sue97 wrote: »
    Hi, I want someone to put a parcel into their local Parcel Motel depot for me and have it delivered to my local Parcel Motel. Is this possible?

Its not, unless the sender has a Parcel Motel account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement