Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Spocker wrote: »
    Its not, unless the sender has a Parcel Motel account

True. Is there any parcel motel type locker system in the UK ?
    I posted a few days ago about a retailer who refused to post to me as he had never heard of PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

recipio wrote: »
    True. Is there any parcel motel type locker system in the UK ?
    I posted a few days ago about a retailer who refused to post to me as he had never heard of PM.

Amazon have their own locker system.

Amazon have their own locker system.

In the UK only. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

How does that work. ? Do they have lockers in a public place for Amazon deliveries only ?,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

recipio wrote: »
    How does that work. ? Do they have lockers in a public place for Amazon deliveries only ?,

Yes similar to parcel motel but only for Amazon deliveries, more info here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I think RMSD means --Royal Mail Special Delivery -- and has to be signed for?

I'm in Kerry

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

dohouch wrote: »
    I think RMSD means --Royal Mail Special Delivery -- and has to be signed for?

I'm in Kerry

They'll sign for anything as long as there's no outstanding Duty/VAT to be paid. Obviously you register to receive at your most convenient parcel motel (eg. Tralee, Killarney).

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Just got a text & email saying that my parcel is oversized (Thanks M&S and your oversized packaging I'd imagine :rolleyes:) so I decided to get it delivered to my home. Do they normally deliver it next day? What happens if you're not in, how many times do they attempt delivery?
    Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

• Advertisement

• How are things with Parcel Motel at the moment? Has the Christmas congestion happened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

How are things with Parcel Motel at the moment? Has the Christmas congestion happened yet?

No congestion in Maynooth yet anyway, its usually Black Friday and Cyber Monday that causes it and then they suffer knock on delays from that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 BattleReady

Sully wrote:
    Thanks. But the pricing on the website shows for the UK and then another for Address Delivery. I take it Address Delivery isn't for the UK and I don't look at that option for a quote?

Try parcel direct, they'll pick it up at your house for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hi All

How late would PM deliver to the lockers ?

Would there be a chance of my item arriving this evening ? It was delivered to PM from Amazon at 10am today

Also, do they deliver to the lockers on saturdays ?

thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hi All

How late would PM deliver to the lockers ?

Would there be a chance of my item arriving this evening ? It was delivered to PM from Amazon at 10am today

Also, do they deliver to the lockers on saturdays ?

thanks !

I've had deliveries at 10:30pm before and I believe they deliver even later sometimes.

Depends what part of the country you're in. If you're in Dublin, definitely, if not, possibly but don't count on it.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've had deliveries at 10:30pm before and I believe they deliver even later sometimes.

Depends what part of the country you're in. If you're in Dublin, definitely, if not, possibly but don't count on it.

Yes.

Cheers for the reply !

Am in Naas so still a chance so !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cheers for the reply !

Am in Naas so still a chance so !

Very good chance if you're in Naas. I'm in Mayo and usually if the parcel arrives at the Dublin depot in the morning, I used to always get it the same evening but now it's 50/50 between evening and early the following morning. The service isn't as good as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

It all depends on where you are and there is no chance to know when exactly you ll get delivery to your locker. For example I used to get delivery to my locker at around 7pm the same as they get it in UK. It used to take lass than 7 hours to deliver to my locker.. Now something has changed and If I see that let s say they got my item in UK till around 5pm, I can be sure I will get it at around 3am next morning. So it takes around 9-10 hours from the time they get it in UK to deliver to my locker. I don't get sms until 7 in the morning, but I get email as soon as they place the item in my locker and it is usually at around 2-3am. As I said it all depends on where your locker is located. I believe they deliver much slower to some remote areas. Anyway, if I want to know if my item will be delivered next morning I check their website and if money were taken then I see the image of my delivery and I can be sure I will get it early next morning. By the way I am in Newbridge so close to Naas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dumpster51

I am a Laois man and mine is on the way since 8, from the Dublin depot, it is 8:20 now do ye reckon I will get it lads?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Hi how does it work if I order a big item, only previously ordered once so not sure if I can order something bigger than the parcel motel box's. Like a tv or such?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    Hi how does it work if I order a big item, only previously ordered once so not sure if I can order something bigger than the parcel motel box's. Like a tv or such?

Yes you can order it, once they get it you will get a mail to let you know it's oversize to collect from their warehouse or get it deliver to you at a cost. You can calculate charges on their website.

Also looks at other services like Parcel Connect, Parcel Wizard as could be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

nava wrote: »
    Yes you can order it, once they get it you will get a mail to let you know it's oversize to collect from their warehouse or get it deliver to you at a cost. You can calculate charges on their website.

Also looks at other services like Parcel Connect, Parcel Wizard as could be cheaper.
    Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

So Parcel motel sent me an email a few days ago saying there was a technical issue with the locker and an technician would be around Monday to fix it. I got the email two days after they had my package, so already a big delay.

I got a text message today with my pin code and it said it was ready for collection. Oddly, it also said I never collected it in time, and that it was being sent back to the depot, but another text message after that with the same pin code, saying it was ready for collection. A mess already.

I checked online to confirm, and it was stored and I had my pin.

I finally get a chance to pick it up, and nope. It wouldn't let me, and said my mobile number/pin was wrong. So now I have waited a week, and still have no package, and wasted an hour trying to collect it.

I'm gobsmacked how bad their service gets around this time of the year, and even worst their lack of customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I had a parcel delivered to PM yesterday (signed for at 7.30am) and its still not showing in my account, no text or email received either. Reading above, sounds like service starts to become poor this time of year. Should i try & contact them or wait another day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I bought a product from Charles Tyrwhitt in the UK and they offer free returns through Hermes.

I noticed that Parcel motel offer returns through Hermes also. What is the process for this? DO i need to set up an account with Hermes or do I simply put the address of Charles Tyrwhitt on the label and put it into a parcel Motel locker?

mel.b wrote: »
    I had a parcel delivered to PM yesterday (signed for at 7.30am) and its still not showing in my account, no text or email received either. Reading above, sounds like service starts to become poor this time of year. Should i try & contact them or wait another day?

Get an email off straight away. Then wait and wait - the response is a complete lottery. The usual problem is that the PM number is left off the address - and they have to go and 'look for it'.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I have a package that is oversized and I want to get it delivered but their website is using a stupid EIRCODE system and is not working.

I can't input the address manually into their website.

Has anyone else come across this problem before ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

swingking wrote: »
    I have a package that is oversized and I want to get it delivered but their website is using a stupid EIRCODE system and is not working.

I can't input the address manually into their website.

Has anyone else come across this problem before ?

Why dont you get your eircode for the address at the eircode website and enter that into the field?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement