Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Hogzy wrote: »
    Why dont you get your eircode for the address at the eircode website and enter that into the field?

As I said in my previous comment
    swingking wrote: »
    their website is using a stupid EIRCODE system and is not working.

Putting any eircode in the system shows a loading dialog and then nothing happens. I then click on purchase and it asks for the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

swingking wrote: »
    Putting any eircode in the system shows a loading dialog and then nothing happens. I then click on purchase and it asks for the address.

Ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

mel.b wrote: »
    I had a parcel delivered to PM yesterday (signed for at 7.30am) and its still not showing in my account, no text or email received either. Reading above, sounds like service starts to become poor this time of year. Should i try & contact them or wait another day?

Maybe it's an oversized parcel? Takes longer to process in my experience. They'll let you know if you ring them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭doseire

Looking for advise, order through parcel motel from Amazon. Royal Mail tracker says parcel delivered at 1am on Monday morning, no record of it with PM. What can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

doseire wrote: »
    Looking for advise, order through parcel motel from Amazon. Royal Mail tracker says parcel delivered at 1am on Monday morning, no record of it with PM. What can I do?

You will need to contact PM, give them the tracking number too, they will investigate for you, most cases like that the issue is PM number is missing, also make sure the address is correct in Amazon including your PM number.

• Advertisement

PM asked me to contact royal mail, they say they delivered. Address correct on Amazon Order, will I just have to leave it as a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

PM asked me to contact royal mail, they say they delivered. Address correct on Amazon Order, will I just have to leave it as a loss.

Do Royal Mail have a signature for it?

Do Royal Mail have a signature for it?

No signature was recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

You are covered by insurance for 100e. PM can be very unhelpful sometimes, they seem to regard searching for a package as a nuisance. Keep bombarding them with emails.If it was a 'signed for ' package they are responsible for taking delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You should be able to argue with Amazon that it wasn't delivered then and get them to send you another one.

• Advertisement

You should be able to argue with Amazon that it wasn't delivered then and get them to send you another one.
    Thanks for the help, Amazon are sending a second delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

problem is when royal mail deliver a large delivery parcel motel isnt signing each parcel individually, i lost a parcel and when i went back to royal mail they simply had a signature that said parcel motel. Eventually the parcel was tracked down it had been sent to the wrong person. as my pm number hadnt been added, since then i have my pm number on the start and end of my address

Tried to return a defective kettle to them recently. The fact that I got it via PM raised all kinds of problems. They seem to have a deliver and collect ( the defective goods ) policy but it only works in the UK. Anyone experience this ?
    I'm now going to have to post the item back via on Post but have to put it in the replacement box or I'll be charged. :eek:

Amazon have a depot in dublin I was able to freepost back to them before, usually amazon are very obliging did you go onto their home page and try chat with a rep? But if your item came from a amazon seller might not be as a asy

quote="recipio;97944842"]Tried to return a defective kettle to them recently. The fact that I got it via PM raised all kinds of problems. They seem to have a deliver and collect ( the defective goods ) policy but it only works in the UK. Anyone experience this ?
    I'm now going to have to post the item back via on Post but have to put it in the replacement box or I'll be charged. :eek:[/quote]

Amazon have a depot in dublin I was able to freepost back to them before, usually amazon are very obliging did you go onto their home page and try chat with a rep? But if your item came from a amazon seller might not be as a asy

quote="recipio;97944842"]Tried to return a defective kettle to them recently. The fact that I got it via PM raised all kinds of problems. They seem to have a deliver and collect ( the defective goods ) policy but it only works in the UK. Anyone experience this ?
    I'm now going to have to post the item back via on Post but have to put it in the replacement box or I'll be charged. :eek:
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, they have a refund policy but my two month old kettle was 'not eligible for a refund'. I finally got on to them on the chat channel and the chap was very helpful apart from not having a clue about Ireland. He assumed I was in NI from the PM address and was organizing a print label via Royal Mail. return. Its one of the downsides of using PM for deliveries.

Get back onto them. I ordered two Bluetooth devices for my car and my wife's and deliver with PM I contacted chat amazon to return one they refunded me for the both sets as was too expensive to post back.

Yes, they have a refund policy but my two month old kettle was 'not eligible for a refund'. I finally got on to them on the chat channel and the chap was very helpful apart from not having a clue about Ireland. He assumed I was in NI from the PM address and was organizing a print label via Royal Mail. return. Its one of the downsides of using PM for deliveries.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Ok, so my parcel was delivered to the Antrim depot on Saturday morning. However on my account it still doesn't have it registered as having been checked in. Should I be worried or is this a common occurrence when its delivered over the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Anyone know of a PM equivalent with a UK mainland address?

Weren't An Post launching such a thing recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Ok, so my parcel was delivered to the Antrim depot on Saturday morning. However on my account it still doesn't have it registered as having been checked in. Should I be worried or is this a common occurrence when its delivered over the weekend?

I wouldn't worry just yet, if its not checked in by Monday evening I would get on to them. I had a delivery Friday morning that was stored last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anyone else having any congestion issues. Parcel was signed for by Parcel Motel on Thursday morning and has been "in Transit" to the locker since Thursday evening. Is that expected with the Black Friday "rush"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

bren2001 wrote: »
    Anyone else having any congestion issues. Parcel was signed for by Parcel Motel on Thursday morning and has been "in Transit" to the locker since Thursday evening. Is that expected with the Black Friday "rush"?

Its the Christmas rush, there's no free lockers available yet at your chosen location. Expect congestion from now until the end of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Eoin247 wrote: »

I had a package arrive at their Antrim depot yesterday around 7am. Got the e-mail that my package has been checked in a few hours later, with a picture of it as usual. Then got the text that it's ready for collection around 8pm in the evening. So only took around 13 hours from when they received it up North, to transporting it and storing it in my local locker. Very impressed considering it was a Saturday and how busy it is usually this time of year.

Still, I wouldn't be worried yet in your case. Give it till Monday at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Anyone experiencing opened and re-taped packages with clear sellotape? I have only ever seen this on some of my packages through Parcel Motel, never on packages sent direct by Amazon to my door. I got the following response from PM but I am not happy about it. The package was in the depot on a monday but took till Wednesday to hit the, normally it would 1 day to hit the locker.

Thank you for your enquiry.
    I can confirm that this parcel definitely has not been opened by us.
    The only instances we open parcels are if they are visibly damaged and leaking or if they arrive into our queries.
    In both those instances we put green and blue tape on the parcel which clearly indicates it has been opened by us.
    The parcel could have either been inspected by the courier company who delivered the parcel to us or customs.
    Customs do not indicate if they have inspected a parcel as they have a right to inspect all parcels arriving through the network.
    Please contact the courier company who delivered this parcel to us and they should be able to investigate this further for you.

I don't accept this response as there is no way this issue occurs outside on PM on my packages. Anyone else have similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

What was inside them packages ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

jamescd wrote: »
    What was inside them packages ?

This time, two small kitchen knives in Amazon packaging in presentation boxes. Previously sun glasses,

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Thinking of ordering something which may be a little too big for the biggest locker size, but it'll be close (the product itself should just about fit in but the box may take it just over).

If you opt to collect from Niteline depot can you collect it from the Nightline main depot or does it have to be the parcel motel one? The reason I ask is the first is much easier to get to by public transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

devnull wrote: »
    Thinking of ordering something which may be a little too big for the biggest locker size, but it'll be close (the product itself should just about fit in but the box may take it just over).

If you opt to collect from Niteline depot can you collect it from the Nightline main depot or does it have to be the parcel motel one? The reason I ask is the first is much easier to get to by public transport!

Why not use Parcel Wizard and just get it delivered to your door?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057517076

bren2001 wrote: »
    Why not use Parcel Wizard and just get it delivered to your door?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057517076

I am not at home to accept parcels and I cannot accept anything but small items at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Bought an Adidas official match ball from eBay and used Parcel Motel for cheaper delivery. The package was stopped at customs in the UK and paid the £16.46 charge. Royal Mail confirmed delivery would be made to the depot in Antrim on December 2nd. I mailed Parcel Motel on Friday to check if it came through their depot, but they said they haven't received it. I checked in again today with them, but they still said they don't have it. I called Royal Mail and gave them my reference number, they said their records show a successful delivery. Have a bad feeling about this one! The reference number I have for Royal Mail is my customs payment reference and they also use that as the package reference for delivery, but Parcel Motel refuse to accept this number.

• Advertisement

If you collect a parcel from Parcel Motel depot, does anyone know what the opening hours are?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement