Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,257 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like the usual December backlog with them, I bought a few items off amazon and just got them delivered to my house. It's really not worth the hassle using them from Black Friday until after Christmas. They are grand to use for the rest of the year, just forget about the Christmas period.

I had to use Parcel Motel because they wouldn't ship it to Ireland and I forgot all about Parcel Wizard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 angelinab

Does anyone know what the story is with next day delivery?
    I ordered something with next day delivery and was wondering if it still counts if you use parcel motel, as this is the first time I've used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,257 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

angelinab wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with next day delivery?
    I ordered something with next day delivery and was wondering if it still counts if you use parcel motel, as this is the first time I've used it.

Next day would be to Parcel Motel address and then the rest is up to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hiya,

I bought an item from Amazon & paid for next day delivery. It arrived in Belfast on the 9th December and it gives me the name of the person that signed for it.

Its the 11th & it still hasn't arrived in Dublin.

Does anyone know how big the backup is?

Rgds.

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Dummy wrote: »
    It arrived in Belfast on the 9th December and it gives me the name of the person that signed for it.

I imagine it depends on the specific Motel you're using. I got something last week that was delivered to the locker the same day as it arrived, but the closer it gets to Christmas, the worse it gets.

If you're prepared to state which Motel you use, possibly someone here can share their more recent experience? Otherwise you can always open a support request with them to query the size of the queue. I've always had good results from contacting them in this manner, and others in this thread seem to have found the email support hit or miss, so the helpdesk would be my suggestion. Hope it gets there for you soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Hiya,

I bought an item from Amazon & paid for next day delivery. It arrived in Belfast on the 9th December and it gives me the name of the person that signed for it.

Rgds.

D

My package (oversized, 50x50x20) was signed for on 4th of Dec (one week ago).
    It was logged in their system on 8th December, arrived in Dublin on the 9th and is out for home delivery today.

One thing I did do was enter the details of my package into the 'Shopping Tracker' on the home page, when it wasn't being logged in their system.

You might have a bit of a wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭bren2001

Hiya,

Rgds.

D

Mine was received on the Thursday 3rd and in my locker the Monday morning 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ordered a few small items from Amazon UK last Friday, it was delivered to PM Newtownabbey yesterday and dropped into my collection point (Deansgrange Texaco) last night at midnight when I got the notification. I collected today before midday to qualify for the draw for the 55" TV. It was in one of the smallest lockers as it was a slim package and not much bigger than A4.

Your Parcel Motel delivery is ready for collection at Deansgrange Texaco. Your collection PIN is XXXX. Did you know that if you collect within 12 hours you could win a 55" Smart TV? See http://bit.ly/within12hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

So bought a second hand dslr camera on eBay. Showed up as in transit followed by in Dublin depot on Wed 9th email. No sign of it yet. Normally shows within a day. Then I got another email today. Saying item in Dublin depot with new picture. I'm certain ive only one item on the way. Wondering wtf is going on. Expensive enough item to me and its also a present. Quite concerned. Always been a straight forward experience in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got a text saying I could collect my package from the nightline depot in Sligo, due to congestion. Anyone know if they are open on Saturday.

No information on opening hours / days on the website.

EDIT Found the info.

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203493582-Depot-Opening-Times-for-Parcel-Motel-Oversize-Collections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Fair play to them on coming up with the competition idea for collection within 12 hours - though it would have been no harm to have a few extra prizes - not sure where I'd fit a 55" TV :D

Hopefully it will help with any backlogs - It took about 26 hours from me getting the email to say it had arrived in the depot, to delivery to the motel in south county dublin, so was pleasantly surprised. I collected 5 minutes later :D:D I know it's only going to get worse from here on in though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

So bought a second hand dslr camera on eBay. Showed up as in transit followed by in Dublin depot on Wed 9th email. No sign of it yet. Normally shows within a day. Then I got another email today. Saying item in Dublin depot with new picture. I'm certain ive only one item on the way. Wondering wtf is going on. Expensive enough item to me and its also a present. Quite concerned. Always been a straight forward experience in the past

Update on this.
    Item arrived today. It looks like on the 9th it was received and photo updated. Looks like on the 11th they took a different photo and updated it. So it showed 2 items in transit. My profile has one collected from earlier and one still in transit. Bit confusing to be honest. Anyway im not expecting anything else so I'll put the experience down to a busy time anomaly.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Anyone who is ordering via Amazon note that they are now offering 30 DAY FREE TRIAL OF AMAZON PRIME.

If you sign up for this and then direct the goods to Parcel Motel you will pay nothing for express delivery for everything.

I ordered some stuff yesterday morning and it was delivered to PM in Belfast this morning and is already on it's way to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Sent a parcel to another Parcel Motel customer in Dublin on Wednesday and it still is in the depot.

They must be penny pinching with regards to staffing as no way should it be taking this long even at this time of the year.

Same story with receiving parcels. They are sending me photos of the parcels four to five days before they are being delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Sent a parcel to another Parcel Motel customer in Dublin on Wednesday and it still is in the depot.

They must be penny pinching with regards to staffing as no way should it be taking this long even at this time of the year.

Same story with receiving parcels. They are sending me photos of the parcels four to five days before they are being delivered.

It's not a lack of staff that is causing the problems - it's the lack of free lockers in motels due to the higher volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

If there's a delay and it's in the depot can you not just collect from the depot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

El Inho wrote: »
    If there's a delay and it's in the depot can you not just collect from the depot?

Defeating the purpose of having a 'motel', you may as well use DPD Parcel wizard instead.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Defeating the purpose of having a 'motel', you may as well use DPD Parcel wizard instead.

i only ask because ive already ordered and cant afford a delay

thought DPD only worked with certain sellers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

It's not a lack of staff that is causing the problems - it's the lack of free lockers in motels due to the higher volume.

They could have a bus/van at the busy PM locations when there are no free lockers.

They have also not responded (even once) to my contacting their support.

It's actually a week tomorrow since it was sent.

PMGrab22.jpg

Is there any direct phone number for them?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Service is still as normal for me, ordered something on Amazon prime Friday afternoon, it hit Belfast Saturday morning and was in a locker by Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DublinMolly

Does anyone have a phone number for PM or is there a rep on here I could message?

I returned an item to a UK retailer through them well over two weeks ago and it still hasn't been received by the retailer and they're now ignoring my messages. According to my account the parcel was delivered to Royal Mail in Belfast two weeks ago but it obviously hasn't made the onward journey to the retailer, and I need to provide the retailer with proof of postage for them to look into it. The return is worth almost €150 to me so this is incredibly frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Well I went to send my parcel on Saturday but the service was 'temporarily unavailable' so I'm going to try again tomorrow. I printed out the barcode on Friday, does anyone know of that will still be okay to use tomorrow? It doesn't expire or anything? It's a long trek (and a train ride) for me and my 2 year old for it to go wrong again!

I have contacted Parcel Motel to ask this but no answer yet. I doubt there's any point ringing the shop as they'll likely say it's nothing to do with them. Can't wait to get this bloody parcel sent and out of my face!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

No answers to two tickets on their ticketing system from three days ago.

Is there a contact number for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

mathie wrote: »
    No answers to two tickets on their ticketing system from three days ago.

Is there a contact number for them?
    Any questions feel free to call us on 1890 24 17 17, find us on facebook or log on to www.parcelmotel.com

Very helpful, just a bit of a wait to get through to an assistant.

everything seems to be running smoothly.

Ordered Satuday, Hit Belfast yesterday and is in the depot since this morning. Was rather hoping it would land today in the locker, but must hide my inner child's impatient nature!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DublinMolly

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Very helpful, just a bit of a wait to get through to an assistant.

Thanks for posting that number - I managed to get through to them but only bad news for me unfortunately.

It's worth keeping in mind for others thinking of using PM for returns - they just drop the parcels off at Royal Mail - they don't get any kind of proof of postage (even though that costs nothing). I'm likely down €150 because I can't prove to the retailer that the parcel was sent - seems like a massive oversight on PM's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Seanor

Ordered a parcel from ebay, it arrived in the parcel motel depot on tuesday the 8th of december with the status "in transit" but it has not yet arrived at my local motel in Limerick. I know it is a busy time of year but it should not take this long to arrive. Have submitted two tickets asking where is the parcel and can it be tracked, one last friday and one today and have heard nothing back from staff. I am now worried that the parcel has been lost in transit. Is anyone else experiencing a delay as long as this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Seanor wrote: »
    Ordered a parcel from ebay, it arrived in the parcel motel depot on tuesday the 8th of december with the status "in transit" but it has not yet arrived at my local motel in Limerick. I know it is a busy time of year but it should not take this long to arrive. Have submitted two tickets asking where is the parcel and can it be tracked, one last friday and one today and have heard nothing back from staff. I am now worried that the parcel has been lost in transit. Is anyone else experiencing a delay as long as this?

That seems like an excessive wait alright, try give them a ring on the number posted a bit back?

What location are you using? I have something due for the one on the ennis road tomorrow. I will post back if it is delayed too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement