Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

So, I finally got a reply from Support
    Yes i have requested it to be disposed off...

And refunded your account

They refunded €3.95 back to my PM account but the junk mail was clearly not disposed of. If they would only take a look at the picture of both "Check-ins", they would see it's the same bloody letter/mail.

So we're basically back to square one. They've refunded me for 1 stay, but they failed to dispose of it properly so I was charged for a 2nd stay. So now I'm still €3.95 out of pocket, just like at the beginning.

It's in my local motel now. I think I'll just go collect it and take a hit on the €3.95. No point in asking for them to expire it, when they'll probably fail to dispose of it properly again.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I haven't seen a Parcel Motel rep on here in ages; it's no longer a 'talk to' thread. You'd be better to have a conniption on the phone and advise them that you're a member of boards and will be posting a follow-up.

What's their phone number ? I only see a Support E-mail on their Contact Us page.

rubadub wrote: »
    There is a dpd rep who posts in the parcel wizard thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=785430

I have no credit on my PM account and unregister my CC if I am not expecting any parcels, so I should have no problem if junk arrives.

Is Parcel Motel under DPD ?

I left my debit card registered unfortunately because I am expecting a parcel in the next few days/weeks :( It's a personalised PS4 controller and it's still being built so I don't know when it'll be finished and shipped. So I left my card details in there just in case it ships without me knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

I received a parcel containing an iPad last Thursday that was not meant for me. It has my name an PMID on it. Any idea how this can happen? I emailed Parcel Motel on Thursday but they haven't replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

zac8 wrote: »
    I received a parcel containing an iPad last Thursday that was not meant for me. It has my name an PMID on it. Any idea how this can happen? I emailed Parcel Motel on Thursday but they haven't replied.

Don't know how it happened, but if you don't want it...

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Don't know how it happened, but if you don't want it...

Its actually the second time it happened. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

zac8 wrote: »
    Its actually the second time it happened. Weird.

What happened the first time? Did they take it back off you and send it on to the right owner?

What happened the first time? Did they take it back off you and send it on to the right owner?

I emailed last time and they sent a driver round to pick it up next day. I was impressed with how quickly they dealt with it then and I think they gave me a few free deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I've had something similar happen. I ordered one product and got two other products as well. Turned out another parcel motel customer purchased something the same day and seeing as the postcode was the same the dispatching company figured they'd save money by sending one parcel instead of two or three. Was a nightmare to sort with that company but in fairness parcel motel were brilliant about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

athtrasna wrote: »
    I've had something similar happen. I ordered one product and got two other products as well. Turned out another parcel motel customer purchased something the same day and seeing as the postcode was the same the dispatching company figured they'd save money by sending one parcel instead of two or three. Was a nightmare to sort with that company but in fairness parcel motel were brilliant about it.

I resolved an Amazon problem via their 'chat online' - I eventually figured out that PM offer a return service for Amazon's own 'collect + ' return service.
    What astounds me is the complete ignorance of the basic geography of Ireland , never mind the NI/ROI divide. Don't these people go to school ?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 lordymosh

Hi, I recently ordered a PC case through Parcel Motel. It was a tiny bit too big when it came to parcel Motel so I opted for home delivery via Nightline to Cork city. This was on Thursday last week. It still has the same tracking status since Thursday night i.e. its in the Dublin hub for sorting. I'm a bit worried because I'm heading home for Xmas on Wednesday the 23rd and will not be around again till the 28th so I won't be able to sign for the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jamescd wrote: »
    Is Parcel Motel under DPD ?
    Sorry no, I got that wrong, I was certain they were but they are nightline couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi I ordered two firesticks from Amazon through parcel motel, when i got the package it was half open and one of the firesticks was missing, I've sent off a support request on Parcel Motel site but haven't got any response yet, anyone have any advice on what else I should do? Who would generally be at fault her amazon or Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Hi I ordered two firesticks from Amazon through parcel motel, when i got the package it was half open and one of the firesticks was missing, I've sent off a support request on Parcel Motel site but haven't got any response yet, anyone have any advice on what else I should do? Who would generally be at fault her amazon or Parcel Motel?

You should contact Amazon, it could also that it was missing before PM got it.

I wonders are Amazon not closing/sealing them properly, I noticed the last 3 parcels from Amazon, (2 x small package with books and another with MP3 player) so not in a box, they were like an envelope type to open on the sides, the 3 parcels the sides were not sealed properly and items could be taken out easily. Not deliver by PM but by anpost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Does the damage appear to be visible in the check-in photo? Can you see the area of the damage in the photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,089 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

As mentioned above see if there is any damage in the check in photo.

As far as I know your covered up to €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Phone pm, this is they're number 1890241717, but I'd also get in touch with amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi guys thanks for the advice only saw it all now, rang amazon last night and they gave me a refund for the firestick, I looked at the check in photo just there but i cant tell from the angle as it was opened at the side and its a top-down view, is there any point following up with parcel motel aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

i would open something with pm as well i would rely more on amazon i think.
    Been shopping with them for years and nothing happened until recently ordered a set of speakers and they were broken in the box, id say dropped somewhere in transit, back to amazon they go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

I have a package stuck in ParcelMotel in Dublin. It was delivered from the UK and checked in and weighed on last Saturday 19th and I was charged €7 to my account on that day.

But nothing has happened since. It is meant to come to my local ParcelMotel in Limerick.

I have tried e-mailing them and heard nothing back.

I have tried filling out the contact form on their website and heard nothing back.

I tried ringing Nightline this morning and I was given a direct number for ParcelMotel. But I have been ringing that number all day and it is just going to a mailbox. I left a message of course but heard nothing back.

I called into my local Nightline Depot here in Limerick. The guys in there seemed to be doing their best but they don't seem to be able to contact ParcelMotel in Dublin either.

I am at my wits end. All I want to do is talk to someone and tell them put the package on the Nightline truck for Limerick so I can pick it up somewhere tomorrow. But I can't talk to anyone.

Obviously, if it doesn't leave Dublin tonight, I'm screwed.

Anyone any idea what I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Try tweeting them: https://twitter.com/ParcelMotel

Good Idea - I'll try that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the Parcel Motel megathread

dudara

The very helpful guys in Nightline in Limerick are on the case for me now, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Chelon

Anyone else having issues with Parcel Motel this Xmas? Briefly, long story short:-

Goatstown Parcel Motel was broken over the weekend. Touchscreeen totally blank. Couldn't get them on phone and their online chat was, well offline.

Eventually some of my stuff arrived at Goatstown as the touchscreen is now fixed. But when I check my Amazon orders it says they have all been dispatched. Parcel Motel have only delivered 2 out of 4 to Goatstown.

So now I have no idea if these orders are:-

1. Still in the North.

2. Been delivered to Goatstown and taken away because I didn't collect them due to the motel being broken.

3. In Finglas depot awaiting despatch to Goatstown.

I really don't fancy spending another 30 minutes hanging on the phone for them; and their onlone chat still isn't . Anyone else affected or have any ideas?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Chelon wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with Parcel Motel this Xmas? Briefly, long story short:-

Goatstown Parcel Motel was broken over the weekend. Touchscreeen totally blank. Couldn't get them on phone and their online chat was, well offline.

Eventually some of my stuff arrived at Goatstown as the touchscreen is now fixed. But when I check my Amazon orders it says they have all been dispatched. Parcel Motel have only delivered 2 out of 4 to Goatstown.

So now I have no idea if these orders are:-

1. Still in the North.

2. Been delivered to Goatstown and taken away because I didn't collect them due to the motel being broken.

3. In Finglas depot awaiting despatch to Goatstown.

I really don't fancy spending another 30 minutes hanging on the phone for them; and their onlone chat still isn't . Anyone else affected or have any ideas?

What does it say on your Parcel Motel account?

Click the tracking number and it should show you where it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I had a package put in a locker 17th for delivery in Ireland, still not received and its the main Xmas gift, phones seemed to have been basically switched off and emails are pretty slow, got an email 20hours ago saying package received so at least it's not lost,but still waiting on it to be delivered. Will say have used parcel motel loads of times and it has always been a great service..Just noticed that sent packages don't come up in your recent activity on the site,and have seen now it's status is 'on van' today so hopefully makes it,alls well that ends well

BnB wrote: »
    The very helpful guys in Nightline in Limerick are on the case for me now, so fingers crossed.

The lads in the Limerick Depot of Nightline sorted me out fair play to them. They got on the phone for me, located the package in Dublin and got it on a truck to Limerick last night. Got my package off them this morning.

Sound lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wish103

Is anyone else having trouble calling parcel motel??? 01 883 5442 - I'm just getting voicemails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Chelon

wish103 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble calling parcel motel??? 01 883 5442 - I'm just getting voicemails.

You may well have to wait a looong time....I ended up tweeting them, got a reply within minutes that way. Phone and emails no good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement