Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Chelon

devnull wrote: »
    What does it say on your Parcel Motel account?

Click the tracking number and it should show you where it is.

I've got a tracking number from Amazon. The Parcel motel tracking numbers are different.

My profile says 4 packages are "with customer" and I only have 3.

1 is "expired" I suspect because the motel was broken over the weekend. It's good that you can view pics of the stuff but doesn't help much in this case as they were all books, ie similar size and packaging, can't tell which is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wish103

Chelon wrote: »
    You may well have to wait a looong time....I ended up tweeting them, got a reply within minutes that way. Phone and emails no good.

I would but they keep deleting my tweets for help!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

im never using this service again its got rubbish customer support..
    no reply to emails
    the number nightline gave me to contact them isnt been answered and now i wont have a christmas present on time that was posted 11 days ago from uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

To be fair, it doesn't seem like half the nightmare that there was last year.

Although saying that, it all worked perfect for me last December.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep I think they are on top of it much more this year as I'm only getting delays of an extra day or so... and that's stuff arriving 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

I think a lot of people who ordered stuff with them last year might have done so a bit earlier this Christmas. The introduction of automated responses and ticketing numbers was a very welcome addition. At least they listened to some of the problems from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

i left a parcel to be delivered to royal mail in northern ireland and on to amazon uk its still in locker

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] its still in locker

Don't panic. AFAIK some lockers are looked after once a day, so it can be removed even in the middle of the night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wish103

I copied and pasted a delivery I was supposed to receive (still haven't) from Parcel Motel/Nightline. I got a computer delivered faster from Germany (ordered 21st arrived 24th). This was supposed to come from Galway. Farce.

1 Inbound Dublin 29/12/2015 16:03:50
    1 In Depot Dublin 29/12/2015 16:03:17
    1 Not Delivered Dublin 29/12/2015 11:48:23 Incorrect Address
    1 On Van Dublin 29/12/2015 08:09:32
    1 Weighed Dublin 23/12/2015 20:22:00
    1 In Depot Dublin 23/12/2015 18:39:30
    1 Inbound Dublin 23/12/2015 18:39:27
    1 Not Delivered Dublin 23/12/2015 17:50:24 Service Failure
    1 On Van Dublin 23/12/2015 08:08:12
    1 Weighed Dublin 22/12/2015 22:17:00
    1 Outbound PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 22/12/2015 12:31:27
    1 Outbound PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 22/12/2015 10:41:19
    1 PM Received PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 22/12/2015 09:33:11
    1 Outbound PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 18/12/2015 15:44:50
    1 PM Received PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 18/12/2015 12:24:14
    1 Weighed Dublin 18/12/2015 02:15:54
    1 Outbound Galway 17/12/2015 18:54:43
    1 In Depot Galway 17/12/2015 18:54:26
    1 PM Cust Sent 17/12/2015 05:07:15
    1 PM Cust Stored 16/12/2015 14:15:50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i got a parcel delivered in antrim on the 28th from hermes which says delivered to a secure location. isn't that a bit odd? doesn't state who signed for it or anything. There is no sign of it on the PM account

I thought the 28th was a bank holiday also in the uk?

something tells me they left it somewhere and nobody signed for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

it looks like hermes couriers might have been delivering on the 28th from reading here

https://www.facebook.com/Hermes-Couriers-490766287701538/

they seem like a nasty company to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have had my first bad experience with using Parcel Motel, a package arrived at the Dublin depot on the 22nd, according to their Christmas schedule I should've received it before Christmas, but no sign of it and a disappointed nephew, I received an email today stating the same package arrived at their Dublin depot today and have now been charged twice for the same package that a week later still has yet to arrive.

Has anyone had any experience getting a refunds from them, have already lodged a request with their support desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Have a package that is showing as delivered via Royal Mail at 7am this morning, but no sign of it being scanned in yet. Do the folks at PM have a day off today or something ? Normally they scan it in a few hours at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

jamescd wrote: »
    Have a package that is showing as delivered via Royal Mail at 7am this morning, but no sign of it being scanned in yet. Do the folks at PM have a day off today or something ? Normally they scan it in a few hours at most.

It's possible they closed early today with it being NYE.

Toxica wrote: »
    It's possible they closed early today with it being NYE.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm guessing they'll be off tomorrow as well. Dammit I wanted it delivered before the weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm guessing they'll be off tomorrow as well. Dammit I wanted it delivered before the weekend :(

It's a frustrating time of year when it comes to things like PM, roll on everything getting back to normal on Monday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

They don't move any packages down on Christmas Eve or NYE.

You might get it on Saturday though, more likely Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Psychosis wrote: »

The chrimbo schedule is here:

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206935465-Parcel-Motel-Christmas-Schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Does anyone know whereabouts the Parcel Motel in Maynooth in Carton Park is? I don't recall seeing it last time I was up there.

Is it still there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Psychosis wrote: »

I had a packaged checked into my motel on NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Looks like some Nightline people got a bit longer holiday.

They have one parcel for me (normal nightline delivery though, not PM this time) being "on van" (whatever that means) since 29th of December.

373349.png

Also, got a text on 29th my parcel's out for delivery. Never arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

I'm waiting on two parcels also.
    We live in Ireland , unfortunately outside of retail sales etc we tend to close down for two weeks over Christmas

MOD EDIT: Deleted part of post that is not relevant to PM.

Package has finally been checked in and in transit. I've had parcels arrive in my local locker on the same day before so here's hoping I get it later tonight :)

Package has finally been checked in and in transit. I've had parcels arrive in my local locker on the same day before so here's hoping I get it later tonight :)

Still waiting for mine to be checked in. Got a notification from UPS that it had been signed for in Mallusk on the morning of the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

Same here, in transit usually means it will be there that day, fingers crossed :D

Still waiting for mine to be checked in. Got a notification from UPS that it had been signed for in Mallusk on the morning of the 31st.

Still waiting for this to be checked in. Opened a ticket yesterday and still no response 20 hours later. Anyone else still experiencing delays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Still waiting for this to be checked in. Opened a ticket yesterday and still no response 20 hours later. Anyone else still experiencing delays?

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206935465-Parcel-Motel-Christmas-Schedule

According to them anything delivered on 31st will be delivered to PM locations by Monday so still a bit of time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement